Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

wait, when did it come up?

Shortly before we rerolled in the first book, as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Toplowtech posted:

Lose Astrology.
Also archway.
This!
By the way, that pun...
:bang:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The_White_Crane posted:

Thanks for including that. :allears:

Lose astrology and go through the door - it's hidden right behind the throne, so maybe it leads to the Bathroom of Evil!

Or the Janitor's Cupboard of Evil!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Runcible Cat posted:

Lose astrology

Decoy Badger posted:

go for the door.

Trail of the Wolf posted:

You push open the narrow door with your foot and enter an icy corridor that ascends by slope and stair to a bare, torchlit kitchen. This tiled chamber is poorly stocked, but you are able to gather up scraps of food sufficient for 2 Meals. Stacked upon a shelf above an iron door, you discover several earthenware storage jars that are filled with plant leaves and berries. Carefully you rest Lone Wolf down upon the kitchen table before examining the individual contents of these jars.

Your Magnakai Discipline of Curing warns you that most of the berries and herbs stored here are either poisons, narcotics, or sorcerous plants. Of the twenty jars on the shelf, you are able to identify only one that can cure or heal. It is Obhanthor (a healing spice that will restore 5 ENDURANCE points per dose when eaten with a Meal¹).

There is sufficient Obhanthor stored in the jar to provide you with 2 doses. If you wish to keep this curative, remember to adjust your Action Chart accordingly.

Automatically took Jar of Obhanthor.

Suddenly you hear the monotonous clang of an alarm bell echoing in some distant part of the citadel, and your Kai senses warn you that Xaol’s corpse has now been discovered. Some of his minions are searching the necromancer’s hall, and you are gripped by a fear that they may discover your trail and catch you before you can make good your escape. You take hold of Lone Wolf and lift him across your shoulder; then you pull open the iron door and leave the kitchen as fast as you are able.

A short tunnel leads to a circular shaft which is lit intermittently by a pulsating crimson light. You ascend this shaft by means of a broad circular staircase, and you stop to rest when you come to a landing that is halfway from the top. Unless you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery, you must now eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points.

Automatically used one dose of Obhanthor: +5 EP (22/41).

When you look to the top of the shaft, you can see the huge domed panels of the citadel’s observatory windows. Confident that an escape onto the roof can be effected by this route, you resolve to reach the top of the stairs as quickly as you can. However, you are becoming increasingly concerned for Lone Wolf’s physical condition. His pulse is weak and his breathing is shallow, indicating to you that he is slipping from unconsciousness into coma. You are also anxious to revive him so that he may send a telepathic signal to Guildmaster Banedon, summoning him to your rescue. Unless this signal is transmitted soon, you fear that any attempt to reach the roof will ultimately be to no avail.

You use your Magnakai Curing skills² in an urgent attempt to restore Lone Wolf to consciousness. You unbutton the front of his battle-tunic and place your hands on his chest; then you transfer the warmth of your healing powers directly into his body (this use of your Discipline costs you 3 ENDURANCE points). After a few minutes you feel his heartbeat growing stronger, yet before you can complete the healing procedure, you hear the daunting sound of steel-shod boots echoing up the shaft from below. You risk a glance over the parapet of the stairs and you see a dozen armoured Drakkarim emerging from the tunnel at the base of the shaft. As they come running up the stairs, you see that many of them are armed with loaded crossbows.

Reluctantly you are forced to abandon your attempt to revive Lone Wolf. You heave him across your shoulder and take to the stairs once more, climbing as fast as your aching legs will carry you both towards the observatory roof, 60 feet above.

Endurance: 19/41.
We roll: 8.

Gasping for breath, you reach the top of the stairs and stagger onto a circular steel platform. Through the giant windows that encircle this observatory landing, you look out across the grim grey vista of Gazad Helkona and marvel at its terrible splendour. The surrounding acres of iron and stone are bathed by glowing waves of crimson light. These pulses emanate from a huge crystal set atop the observatory dome. It is a sorcerous gem and it was placed here by Darklord Chlanzor’s Nadziranim, his dark wizards, as a beacon to guide home his fearsome squadrons of Kraan. As you stare up at this evil stone, you draw some comfort from the thought that soon its radiant light may help guide Guildmaster Banedon’s flying ship to your rescue.

You place Lone Wolf behind the parapet near the top of the stairs; then you risk another look down into the shaft. You see that the Drakkarim have taken up a position on the landing below where they are waiting for you to present yourself as a target. The moment your head appears over the parapet, they reward your curiosity with a volley of crossbow bolts.

We roll: 3 + 1 (G. Huntmastery) = 4.

The deadly bolts slam into the parapet and whistle past your head. One bolt passes so close that it skewers the collar of your tunic and grazes your throat: lose 1 ENDURANCE point.

Warm blood trickles down the side of your neck as instinctively you duck back behind the safety of the parapet. Your close brush with death tells you that these Drakkarim warriors are a determined enemy. You know that you must do everything in your power to prevent them from reaching the roof if you are to have any hope of escaping from Gazad Helkona alive.

Endurance: 18/41.

You hear a gruff shout followed by the sound of heavy boots pounding up the stone stairs. Your stomach churns with the fear that the Drakkarim are about to storm the observatory platform, and again you risk your life by glancing over the parapet. Fortunately, this time you escape being used as a crossbow target, and you are able to catch a glimpse of a lone Drakkar ascending the stairs at a run. He is a barrel-chested Drakkarim assault-trooper clad in full battle-armour, with scarlet cape, plumed helm, and spiked shield. As he bounds up the steps two at a time, he curses loudly and slashes at the air with his serrated sword. His fearless charge is so recklessly courageous that it inspires his cautious comrades to leave the landing and follow in his wake.
Shall we use our bow, Kai-alchemy or neither?

¹ Project Aon states that we may voluntarily consume a Meal at any time in order to use the Obhanthor or consume it when instructed to use Grand Huntmastery in place of eating. I'm also ruling that we can use it whenever the text indicates that we consumed a meal.
² There is a Deliverance check here and this is the correct section. Both sections mention Curing rather than Deliverance, and this one does an extra 2 damage to you. You're actually punished for having the correct Discipline here and it makes no sense. It won't be the last time this happens though.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zap the fucker!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Let me show these clowns how to use a weapon. WHABAWTUI.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Runcible Cat posted:

Zap the fucker!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Mind Charm him so we have an ally, or is that not what Kai-Alchemy does here? If not, use it anyway.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
We'll almost certainly zap him instead of charming him, but gently caress it, zap him.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Time to Bow.

By the way, a little proposal: let's make Astrology the dump stat; in other words, whenever we are faced with a situation in which we are to be denied the access to a Kai Ability for the rest of the mission, Astrology will be the first option.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Guy Fawkes posted:

By the way, a little proposal: let's make Astrology the dump stat; in other words, whenever we are faced with a situation in which we are to be denied the access to a Kai Ability for the rest of the mission, Astrology will be the first option.

Seconded. I hate that we have to have a garbage Discipline in addition to garbage items in our backpack but that's twice in as many books Dever has made us sacrifice a Discipline. So we might as well pick one that appears otherwise useless.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

achtungnight posted:

Seconded. I hate that we have to have a garbage Discipline in addition to garbage items in our backpack but that's twice in as many books Dever has made us sacrifice a Discipline. So we might as well pick one that appears otherwise useless.

I’d still rather have a useful discipline. :colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:smugdon:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Comstar posted:

Let me show these clowns how to use a weapon. WHABAWTUI.

As you load your Bow, you listen to the Drakkar’s approaching footsteps. If you can fell this assault trooper with one shot, it may be enough to dissuade his comrades from pressing home their charge. You draw back your bowstring to the full; then you rise up from behind the parapet and let fly your shaft at the Drakkar’s chest. The warrior sees your missile arc towards him and hurriedly he tries to block it with his shield.

We roll: 0 + 5 (G. Weaponmastery) = 5.

Your Arrow strikes the rim of the Drakkar’s shield and ricochets upwards, penetrating the throat-guard of his helmet.

We roll: 9.

The Drakkar yelps with pain and lets his shield fall from his grasp. To your dismay, you see him wrench the Arrow from his helmet and hurl it contemptuously to the floor. The tip of your shaft has pierced his throat-plate, but it did not penetrate deeply enough to cause him a serious wound. He turns and beckons to his comrades and they let out a triumphant cheer. Inspired by his toughness, they increase their pace as they rush up the stairs to support his attack.

You retreat a few paces from the head of the stairs and raise Alema in readiness to defend the observatory platform from these determined foes. Then the assault trooper leader looms into view with his jagged black sword raised to strike. He pauses for a few moments to allow his comrades to catch up with him; then together they charge up the last remaining steps and hurl themselves upon you with a reckless fury.

Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 18
Drakkarim Assault Squad: COMBAT SKILL 45 ENDURANCE 40
Combat Ratio: 8

We roll: 2
Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 15
Drakkarim Assault Squad: COMBAT SKILL 45 ENDURANCE 32

We roll: 1
Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 11
Drakkarim Assault Squad: COMBAT SKILL 45 ENDURANCE 25

We roll: 5
Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 9
Drakkarim Assault Squad: COMBAT SKILL 45 ENDURANCE 14

We roll: 7
Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 9
Drakkarim Assault Squad: COMBAT SKILL 45 ENDURANCE 0

You fight with such ice-cool nerve and deadly precision that the few Drakkarim who survive the combat immediately break and flee, convinced that they face an immortal warrior. As you watch them scrambling headlong down the stairs, a sudden shriek echoes across the observatory platform, making you glance over your shoulder in fearful anticipation.

To your horror, you see a Kraan come gliding down onto an exterior platform that runs around the perimeter of the observatory dome. Astride its scaly back is a skull-faced reptilian that is swathed in ragged, funereal robes. It leaps down from the saddled Kraan and, as it crouches on the windswept platform, it levels a rod of glowing crystal at the transparent dome. A flash of sparkling light erupts at the tip of this rod, and a section of the glass wall explodes into a million razor shards. Instinctively you shield your face with your forearm as the deadly splinters of glass come hurtling through the air towards you, driven by the force of the explosion and the gale-force winds that rage around the observatory tower.

We roll: 7 + 1 (G. Huntmastery) = 8.

Your swift and timely reflexes save you from sustaining serious injuries to your face, legs, and torso: lose only 1 ENDURANCE point.

Endurance: 8/41.

The fearsome reptilian smashes its way through the jagged hole in the dome and comes loping across the observatory platform towards you. Maniacally, it lashes out at you with its glowing rod, forcing you to back away to avoid being decapitated by its razor-sharp tip. You duck below its barrage of frenzied blows and launch a scything swipe at the creature’s torso. Your blade sunders its mouldering robes, but when it fails to cleave its flesh, your adversary comes back at you with a vengeance.

Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 40

This enemy is immune to Mindblast (but not Kai-surge). If you possess the Kai Weapon ‘Spawnsmite’ or ‘Valiance’, you may add the bonus gained from its unique properties during this combat.
Braveheart (with Kai-surge): COMBAT SKILL 57 ENDURANCE 8
Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 40
Combat Ratio: 11+

We roll: 7
Braveheart (with Kai-surge): COMBAT SKILL 57 ENDURANCE 7
Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 22

We roll: 6
Braveheart (with Kai-surge): COMBAT SKILL 57 ENDURANCE 5
Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 6

Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 49 ENDURANCE 5
Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 6
Combat Ratio: 7

We roll: 1
Braveheart: COMBAT SKILL 49 ENDURANCE 1
Urgaroh: COMBAT SKILL 42 ENDURANCE 0

Your killing blow lifts the Urgaroh and sends it tumbling backwards in a ragged somersault to fall ten feet away in a broken, untidy heap. Its ruined remains spontaneously ignite and burn fiercely, giving off a choking black smoke.

Above the noise of the wind that rushes through the shattered glass dome, you hear angry cries and the stomp of booted feet. The Drakkarim have regrouped and are storming the stairs once more, their numbers swelled by a score of Giaks and Hammerland bandits. Driven by instinct, you pick up the Urgaroh’s crystal rod which lies near your feet, and you rush to the head of the stairs. You can feel the evil power that is held within the rod’s slender shaft, but you are unsure how you may unleash it upon the enemy who are racing up the stairs.

Desperately you try to determine how you can release the tremendous destructive energies that are locked within the Urgaroh’s sorcerous weapon.
Shall we point it at the enemy and will it to fire, throw it at them, or "place the rod to your Bow and fire it like an arrow at the enemy".

We also still have one dose of the Obhanthor and could choose to eat it and a Meal at this point to regain 5 EP. It doesn't really make sense but the rules specifically said we could do it any time, so... :shrug:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Heal up and "place the rod to your Bow and fire it like an arrow at the enemy".

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

FIRE THAT THING LIKE AN ARROW

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Holy poo poo, we get to Rambo these mooks?

gently caress yes, arrow time!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

anakha posted:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I can’t wait till we skin our knee and immediately die.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

anakha posted:

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Let that one EP ride and bow that crystal!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Heal up and try willing the crystal to fire.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Comstar posted:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Comstar posted:

HELL yeah!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

RudeCat posted:

Let that one EP ride and bow that crystal!

Not emptyquoting.

Also, is it me or has this book basically been back-to-back-to-back fights?

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Comstar posted:

This! Absolutely this.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

We are not passing up an opportunity to shoot an evil magic dynamite arrow at some fools.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

wiegieman posted:

We are not passing up an opportunity to shoot an evil magic dynamite arrow at some fools.

I just have a bad feeling that allowing them to get the crystal rod will allow them to attack us with it. We’ll see what the book says whenever our GM gets back.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

anakha posted:

I've never wanted anything so much as this in a gamebook.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sorry for the delay. I always think I'll have tons of free time to kill when I'm at my parents' house but then I end up not getting anything done. But I'm back home now.

Used Jar of Obhanthor and 1 Meal: +5 EP (6/41).

You draw back the rod and then release your straining bowstring to send the rod arcing down the stairwell towards the advancing enemy troops. It strikes the floor of the landing, just a few feet in front of the leading troopers, and releases its pent-up energy with terrifying effect.

The Drakkarim assault-troopers who are leading the attack are engulfed by a searing ball of yellow and orange flame. Then an entire section of the landing and stairs is destroyed by a huge explosion that rocks the observatory tower. You dive to cover Lone Wolf with your body, and your selfless action keeps him safe as fragments of masonry smash into the dome and broken glass rains down upon the observatory platform. When finally the dust and debris clear, you struggle to your feet and survey the surrounding scene of destruction.

The observatory platform is littered with chunks of rock and shattered glass. You peer over the parapet and, through the plume of grey smoke that is coiling up the shaft, you see that the lower landing no longer exists. Along with adjoining sections of the staircase, it has been transformed into a vast mound of rubble that lies heaped at the bottom of the shaft. The few enemy troops who have survived the explosion can no longer reach the observatory, but as you watch them attempting to recover the bodies of their fallen comrades, it crosses your mind that the explosion has also destroyed your only known exit from the roof.

You retreat from the parapet and resume your attempt to revive Lone Wolf. At first the signs are not good; his breathing is shallow and his skin has a sickly pallor. But then you notice that his eyes are moving beneath their closed lids and you sense that he is emerging from coma.

You use your advanced healing skills to help Lone Wolf regain consciousness. He opens his eyes and a faint smile creases his gaunt features when he sees your face looming before him.

‘So I’m still alive,’ he says, with a tone of gentle surprise. ‘Naar will be disappointed.’

He raises his arm and you take hold of it and help him rise unsteadily to his feet. He surveys the devastated observatory and you sense that his agile mind is scrutinizing every detail. He reaches for his scabbard and breathes a heavy sigh of relief when his hand closes around the hilt of the Sommerswerd.

‘I trust my blade found its mark?’ he asks.

‘Aye, my lord,’ you reply. ‘Your timely action consigned Zorkaan to oblivion, and saved my life. For that I will be forever in your debt.’

‘And I in yours, Braveheart,’ he replies, earnestly. ‘I sense that I would not be drawing breath now if it were not for your bravery.’

Hurriedly you inform your leader that Guildmaster Banedon and his flying ship are presently hidden in the Shezar Hills, awaiting his telepathic signal. Silently he acknowledges your words with a nod of his blond head, and then he closes his eyes. You sense rapid bursts of powerful psychic energy surging away from Lone Wolf and, moments later, he reopens his eyes and smiles.

‘It is done,’ he says, confidently. ‘Banedon will be here shortly. Come, we must prepare for his arrival.’

Lone Wolf bids you follow as he steps through a shattered pane of the dome and climbs out onto the platform that encircles the observatory tower. The wild, sulphurous winds rip at your cloak and tunic, forcing you to crouch down and grasp the iron platform with both hands for fear of being blown over the edge. Yet these powerful winds do not seem to affect your leader. He stands erect and immobile, as if cast in solid stone. With an unblinking gaze he stares fixedly towards the southern horizon, his eagle eyes searching out Banedon’s skycraft.

Little more than twenty minutes have elapsed when Lone Wolf turns and looks down at your crouching form. Banedon approaches, he says, his silent words forming in your mind. You magnify your vision and scan the southern vista, but you are unable to discern a skyship among the roiling black clouds. Then you spot a sliver of light in the stormy sky, and your spirits rise. The Cloud-dancer is fast approaching.

Guided by the pulsating glow of the observatory’s crimson beacon, and Lone Wolf’s telepathic messages, Banedon is able to bring the Cloud-dancer to within 50 feet of the dome. But the fierce winds prevent him from making a landing, and so he has his crew lower the boarding cage. The moment it sets down upon the platform, you follow Lone Wolf inside and slam shut the gate. There is a jolt as the hawser tenses, and then you feel the cage swaying the moment it is hoisted off the platform. Despite the violent swaying of the cage, you feel elated when you look through the bars of the cage door and see the shattered dome of the observatory receding beneath you. Then the exhilaration of your escape from Gazad Helkona is shattered when you hear a hideous shriek rise above the roar of the wind.

To your shocked surprise, you see a score of Kraan come soaring up from the open roof of an adjoining blockhouse complex. They are ridden by Drakkarim armed with crossbows, and as the first of the scaly fliers swoops past the boarding cage, the riders let loose a volley of bolts. Fortunately, they are poorly aimed and none of them find their mark. Lone Wolf weaves a pattern with his hands and three of the Kraan come to an abrupt halt, as if the stormy air has suddenly turned to glass and imprisoned them. Meanwhile, you focus your attention upon a Kraan that is swooping down from the clouds above on a collision course with the cage. Its rider is carrying a smoking black orb fixed to a long length of chain. Impact looks imminent until, at the very last moment, the Drakkar tugs on the reins and the Kraan veers away. As it turns, the Drakkar releases the orb and sends it hurtling towards the boarding cage door.

Shall we use our bow, Elementalism, or Kai-alchemy, or do nothing?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Elementalism

e: Welcome back Tiggum!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

That was more Rambo than even I expected. :black101:

Yeah, let's go with Elementalism. I suspect the other options risk that bomb going off.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Kai-Alchemy!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

anakha posted:

That was more Rambo than even I expected. :black101:

Yeah, let's go with Elementalism. I suspect the other options risk that bomb going off.

Yeahhh, that's the stuff! Humongous explosions FTW!

And yes, we've got a lot of wind to play around with, let's see what we can do with Elementalism.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

I'd be tempted to use the bow, but to hit such a small, moving target would be extremely difficult. So, it's Kai-Alchemy time!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeahhh, that's the stuff! Humongous explosions FTW!

And yes, we've got a lot of wind to play around with, let's see what we can do with Elementalism.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

Kai-Alchemy!

You shout out the words of the Brotherhood Spell Lightning Hand and take aim with your right hand at the smoking orb. A crackling bolt of energy leaps from your palm and strikes the deadly device. The impact splits the orb asunder and ignites the explosive fluid contained within. The Kraan and its rider are caught by the ensuing blast, and they are consumed in a roaring ball of flame. With grim satisfaction you watch as they spiral down into an avenue that is crowded with Hammerland bandits, enticed from their barracks by the spectacle of your dramatic air escape.

Lone Wolf commends you on the swiftness of your action. Your quick and effective response to the threat has saved you both from being struck and killed by the Drakkar’s explosive orb.

The boarding cage is winched up through an aperture in the stern deck of the Cloud-dancer and, as it shudders to a halt, the gate is pulled open. Eager hands help you and Lone Wolf out onto the deck, and Guildmaster Banedon salutes you from his position at the ship’s helm. All along the port and starboard rails, his young crewmen are firing at the swooping Kraan with bows and Bor pistols. Their unerring marksmanship soon decimates the enemy’s squadron and forces the survivors to abandon their attack. Banedon pulls the helm hard about and, with a resounding cheer from his victorious crew, the Cloud-dancer soars over the fortified wall of Gazad Helkona and speeds away towards the east.

As soon as his ship is a safe distance beyond the walls of Gazad Helkona, Guildmaster Banedon hands control of the helm to his bo’sun and then hurries down to the main deck to greet you and Lone Wolf. He praises you heartily for the success of the rescue, and Lone Wolf in turn thanks you sincerely for saving him from the clutches of Naar’s fell disciples.

A swift course is set for the Kai Monastery and the voyage is completed within ten hours. You spend most of the journey home sleeping off the fatigue of your ordeal, but you awake in time to join Lone Wolf at the prow as Cloud-dancer approaches the monastery shortly after dawn.

Your arrival is greeted by a chorus of thunderous cheers from your fellow kinsmen. Every Kai who is present at the monastery rushes to the training park to celebrate the return of your leader. Banedon positions his craft above the park, and hawsers are dropped from stern and prow to anchor it in position. Then you join Lone Wolf in the boarding cage which is swiftly lowered to the ground.

Lord Rimoah appears among the excited throng of young Kai Lords who are gathered around the cage. With tears of joy welling in his eyes, he embraces you both and then offers up a prayer of thanksgiving to the Goddess Ishir for your safe return. He voices his hope that Lone Wolf’s abduction will serve as a poignant reminder to the Kai that they should be on their guard at all times, for Naar and his agents will always exploit an opportunity to damage or destroy your noble order.

Congratulations, Grand Master. You have met this difficult challenge and you have triumphed. Your brave and daring rescue of Lone Wolf will long be remembered in the legends of the New Order Kai. Yet the fight against evil goes ever on. Soon your courage and Kai skills will be put to the test again in a distant realm of Magnamund. The nature of the quest and the dangers that await you will be revealed in the next exciting Lone Wolf New Order adventure entitled:

The Fall of Blood Mountain

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Final stats for book 25

Name: Braveheart
    Combat Skill: 53 (37)
    Endurance Points: 6/41
    Kai/Magnakai/Grand Master Disciplines:
  1. Grand Weaponmastery (+5 CS w/ axes, daggers, quarterstaves & spears, +5 RN w/ bows)
  2. Deliverance (Once every 20 days, if EP < 9, restore 20 EP - used 0 days ago)
    Curing (Restore 1 EP per numbered section, used 10/10 times this book)
  3. Kai-surge (+8 CS, -1 EP/round)
    Mindblast (+4 CS)
  4. Kai-alchemy (Lightning Hand; Levitation; Mind Charm; Sense Evil; Silence)
  5. Grand Huntmastery
  6. Elementalism
  7. Grand Pathsmanship
  8. Grand Nexus
  9. Astrology
  10. Animal Control
  11. Invisiblity
  12. Psi-screen
  13. Divination

Weapons:
  1. Bow
  2. Halberd (Spear)
    Belt Pouch (money)
  • 42 Gold Crowns
  • 8 Nobles
    Backpack:
  1. Rope

2. Meal
  3. Iron Key
  4. Flute
  5. Copper Key
  6. Meal
  7. Meal
  8. Bottle of Wine
    Special Items:

1. Quiver (six arrows)
  2. Alema (axe; +5 CS or +7 CS vs. undead)
  3. Temujun's Ring
  4. Crystal Prism

5. Talisman of Defiance (+2 CS)
  6. Eye of Lhaz (control venomous snakes)

7. Platinum Amulet

Storage:
  • Potion of Laumspur (+4 EP)
  • Potion of Laumspur (+4 EP)
  • 17 Gold Crowns
  • Meal
  • Meal
  • Tehda Key
  • Sadanzo’s Scroll
  • Dungeon Keys
  • Blue Vial
  • Yellow Vial
  • Skull-Tor Wristband
  • Battle-map

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

The Fall of Blood Mountain

I can't remember, did Lone Wolf ever reshape the geography? Because I really hope this title is at least a little literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

This book was another one where all I can really say about it is that it was mostly fine. It's a bit of a missed opportunity really, since it features a returning villain, but it's such a boring one that it might as well not be. And the bit near the end where you almost but don't actually get to use the Sommerswerd is bullshit. There's also only one place in the entire book where your choices lead to a different path, the rest of the time it's basically just how much damage you take. If you look at the flowchart then it's pretty clear that nothing you do is going to make much difference. Dever clearly didn't put the effort into these later ones that he did the earlier ones.