Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Lizard Combatant posted:

That looks perfect, but I've never seen scale here in Australia unfortunately. I'll order it if nothing else presents itself.

Hey me too!

I’m in Melbourne. There’s 3 retailers here that stock it on shelves, if you can’t find anyone I’d be more than happy to put one in the post for you. :)

edit: Top of the page! Here's uh, some stuff from my steel legion army

Yeast fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Giant Isopod posted:

Hey so, Mr. Insider Knowledge please, I don't suppose you'd have any idea if anything is planned for the Inquisition any time soon (or, you know, ever)? TIA

Kill Team Inquisition around Easter 2019.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Yeast posted:

Hey me too!

I’m in Melbourne. There’s 3 retailers here that stock it on shelves, if you can’t find anyone I’d be more than happy to put one in the post for you. :)

edit: Top of the page! Here's uh, some stuff from my steel legion army

These look really great. Between this and the Vostroyans that just went back up for order, I'm a little disappointed that I just finished painting my Cadian guard battalion.

Not too much though if only because I imagine I'd still be painting if I went with any other guard regiment. Cadians are stupid easy to paint.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Mef989 posted:

These look really great. Between this and the Vostroyans that just went back up for order, I'm a little disappointed that I just finished painting my Cadian guard battalion.

Not too much though if only because I imagine I'd still be painting if I went with any other guard regiment. Cadians are stupid easy to paint.

Thanks!

On the upside for you, Cadian's have the best rules (by far).

I've got 3 other metal Guard armies from the 90s here, Catachans, Tallarn and Praetorians. I'm probably going to sell them off in the new year. I had grand plans once, that never accounted for time.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I'm heading to gw, there's a post I can't find where this guy did this slick yellow armor effect by washing/glazing or something over a metallic base coat. Anyone remember what he used?

Sup my dude it was me and this can be used for any metallic color not just yellow! I highly recommend the Matte varnish only if you are lazy and use a rattle can silver as your base. The rattle can silvers tend to make the surface way to slick and then washes just pool and slip off, the matte varnish makes for a a much better painting surface.

I followed the Exact same process as my infantry so far for the metallic yellow:
1: spray silver and then seal with matte varnish, then wash with nuln oil
2: wash panels with cassandra yellow
3: wash panels with cassandra yellow again
4: a coat of Yriel yellow glaze on the yellow panels
5: two coats of badab black on other paneling
6: sponge on battle damage and weathering with black
7: highlight black edges and fill in battle damage with a bright silver, I use a flat brush for this
8: fill in any other details to taste!

Check out my blog for the tutorials and some step by step pics: https://zombiebees.blogspot.com

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 26, 2018

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

For those few that haven't got me on their ignore list yet, I've finished up the first in a new mechanised urban traitor guard project.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 30, 2018

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

That's an amazing looking muzzle burn. Mind sharing how you do it?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

For those few that haven't got me on their ignore list yet, I've finished up the first in a new mechanised urban traitor guard project.

This is fantastic.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

^ Thanks :)

inscrutable horse posted:

That's an amazing looking muzzle burn. Mind sharing how you do it?

Cheers, it's a basecoat of VMA Gunmetal highlighted with VMA Steel, then matte varnished and stained with burnt umber oil paint (dab in on liberally, let it dry a couple of minutes, then wipe it down with a cloth, repeat until happy). The soot is just airbrushed on black acrylic, and a final edge wear with a hard graphite pencil.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

ijyt posted:

Beautiful colours

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
You done good ijyt.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Crosspostin' from 30k

General Olloth posted:

:toxx: Complete!

One full set of Calth* built and painted.

*equivalents, 30 power armor boys, 1 terminator HQ, 1 power armor HQ, 5 terminators, 1 contemptor. A few models got swapped out for full resin ones...

10x Tactical Squad 1

10x Tactical Squad 2

5x Support Squad with Flamers

Palatine Blades

Phoenix Terminators

Cataphractii Praetor

Legion Champion

Of course I noticed that I forgot one of the purity seals...

Contemptor

Full Shot

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

General Olloth posted:

Crosspostin' from 30k

Ban this sick filth.

Not painting your purity seals you barbarian.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Yesterday my son was able to open the 3D printer I got him- I only had one request and he had it done by the time I got home today.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Perfect!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Yesterday my son was able to open the 3D printer I got him- I only had one request and he had it done by the time I got home today.

You have A Good Son.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Yeast posted:

Hey me too!

That'd be amazing, thank you! I'm going to do a search this week and if I can't find any I'll send you a PM.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

A $0.05 solution to an $8 problem.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

probably my favourite thing in this whole thread my lord. I'm painting renegades at the moment and now i'm going to be judging all my crap a lot more harshly than before.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Thundercloud posted:

Kill Team Inquisition around Easter 2019.

Inquisition models for my birthday? Too good to be true, can't believe it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm at my parents' place for the holiday and I found a big plastic box in the basement...

Three layers of this greatness! So much metal! All of these are probably from 2004, maybe 2005 at the latest.

Catachans: Definitely the army to pick when you're new to the hobby and can definitely paint flesh.

Dark Angels! Pretty sure this was meant to be my brother's army.

Cypher himself, poorly primed and all!

A single Gray Knights squad, who I remember thinking were painted decently at the time :smith: (one not pictured is missing his arm. They're all metal.)

I think I'm going to try to sell all of these but man, I don't know if it's even worth the effort. There's a bunch more assembled Catachans in various states of priming. The paint jobs from back then are both better and worse than I remember, shades are a godsend.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Can anyone help me with this shade of blue?

Preferably citadel or vallejo.

I used Stegadon Scale Green for similar coats on Imperial Officers from Imperial Assault. I don’t remember what I hilighted them with but the base color is pretty close!

I picked up the Kill Team book and I have no idea what I’m doing. Anyone got a good crash course video or write up or whatever? I think I wanna do some Chaos Space Marines teams but really I have no idea where to start and I have a ton of unpainted Space Marines / Space Wolves / Chaos Demon Things I don’t even think are legal in KT so....I have options, just no knowledge!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Having one of those times where warhams turns into a wierd math problem.

I have 40 Skitarii troops. 10 built as rangers (taser alpha, 3x arquebus) and 20 built as vanguard (2 sword alphas, 3x calivers, 3x arc rifles more calivers.)

now I'm trying to think of how to build the last 10 to account for now having a number of special weapons that encourages me to go MSU while also keeping in mind that I'll probably want them to fit into a single battalion.

edit current thinking is:

Keep vanguard squads as is.
build a second ranger alpha and arquebus for 2 5-ranger arquebus squads.
one big mobile ranger squad using the extras from above plus the two special weapons.
which leaves me room for a kataphron squad if I want.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 27, 2018

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

OhDearGodNo posted:

I wish my cat was dead so I didn't need this.

STAY OFF THE loving TABLE YOU loving IDIOT

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

OhDearGodNo posted:

literally just tipped over and lost half a pop of nuln oil 10mins ago... your son deserves a medal

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Having one of those times where warhams turns into a wierd math problem.

I have 40 Skitarii troops. 10 built as rangers (taser alpha, 3x arquebus) and 20 built as vanguard (2 sword alphas, 3x calivers, 3x arc rifles more calivers.)

now I'm trying to think of how to build the last 10 to account for now having a number of special weapons that encourages me to go MSU while also keeping in mind that I'll probably want them to fit into a single battalion.

edit current thinking is:

Keep vanguard squads as is.
build a second ranger alpha and arquebus for 2 5-ranger arquebus squads.
one big mobile ranger squad using the extras from above plus the two special weapons.
which leaves me room for a kataphron squad if I want.

I'd keep your arquebus in 5 man squad with 2, less wastage.

I solved my own dilemma by giving rangers and vaguards hooded heads (which I like better and I save the vanguard helmets for conversions) so I can keep everything interchangeable.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Quidthulhu posted:

I used Stegadon Scale Green for similar coats on Imperial Officers from Imperial Assault. I don’t remember what I hilighted them with but the base color is pretty close!

That's not bad, but I'll try to get that Bering Blue, it's too perfect. Cheers

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 27, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Killer_Bees! posted:

literally just tipped over and lost half a pop of nuln oil 10mins ago... your son deserves a medal

I'm pretty sure a cheap-rear end ducting flange or 5-way pvc coupling from a hardware store would be just as good as the 3D printed solution*.

* But not as cool, obviously.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I wish my cat was dead so I didn't need this.

STAY OFF THE loving TABLE YOU loving IDIOT

Any cat worth their Meow Mix would just push it off the table and onto the pristine carpet below.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I just use a blob of sticky-tack on my wash pots.

But again, not as cool as a 3D printed solution.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
drat, I'm one of the few people at work who didn't take today and tomorrow off and I'm rewarded, not with time to read the Vigilus campaign book, but rather with other people's work!

:rolldice:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

head58 posted:

Any cat worth their Meow Mix would just push it off the table and onto the pristine carpet below.

*and then drink out of your paintwater cup

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Finished up these big gold lads today:

The whole crew:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

God drat

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Corrode posted:

God drat

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

ijyt posted:

Sick. You absolutely nailed the interior color on the hatch, nicely done. This is why we tolerate your incessant poo poo-posting.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

oh I forgot to even quote ijyt, so let me say also to him: god drat

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ilor posted:

Sick. You absolutely nailed the interior color on the hatch, nicely done. This is why we tolerate your incessant poo poo-posting.

The truth hurts sometimes 😘

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Happy Sanguinala!*

*or else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

TheChirurgeon posted:

*and then drink out of your paintwater cup

This is perhaps the most baffling thing my cat does...