Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Loki and Anti-Man are the two I try and save for that later. Otherwise try and save the really big guns who can do it without the bonus. But with Proxima, Corvus, Thanos, Ultron, Ultron Pym, and Hela I usually can save Loki at least for the bad draw. But I believe I've used Magneto in a fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Don't forget Dr. Strange's 2 skill clears all buffs from the target, so he can be used to wipe the stage requirements as well, even if he's not fully ranked up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, hey. Sharon's new costume made her capable of taking down Dwarf at 19. I haven't been able to do that with anyone besides Wanda and that's with a lot of work. Sharon might have actually done it easier thanks to the T3 skill.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I can definitely take down 20 with the old costume + T3.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

plainswalker75 posted:

Don't forget Dr. Strange's 2 skill clears all buffs from the target, so he can be used to wipe the stage requirements as well, even if he's not fully ranked up.

Haha what

Cause I still have him around at 62

E: holy gently caress he devastated them

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 20, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Yeah I can definitely take down 20 with the old costume + T3.

I wasn't having much luck with the old costume but I just grabbed the new one and I don't know if it added an extra iframe or cut down on cooldown time or something but I managed to close the gap that kept getting her killed and take him down. But maybe I just got lucky.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't having much luck with the old costume but I just grabbed the new one and I don't know if it added an extra iframe or cut down on cooldown time or something but I managed to close the gap that kept getting her killed and take him down. But maybe I just got lucky.

it does more damage, and a greater proportion of it is energy damage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The yeah, there's that and her 6 skill being able to take down 2-3 bars is huge. But like I've had her at T3 for a week and wasn't having luck with the old costume. I was getting caught in the 3-5-4 rotation and killed. So maybe I just got lucky and did get caught or maybe the extra damage helped or I dunno. But whatever it was the costume got me over the hump and made her a viable Dwarf option. Which like, even Jean and Thor aren't.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am still way too lazy to bother fighting any WBU on anything but the lowest levels. They're too fiddly to fight, maybe if you could just face tank them with anyone i'd bother doing it, but eh.

I'm not even bothering to work on t3ing anyone right now anyways, i do easy ones that I can just wreck when they're the daily, otherwise I just do the regular because i can do it in a minute and I don't have to worry about being out of position for a second and wiping.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Heads up, Avengers Academy is shutting down in early February. Another one bites the dust. I wonder how long Future Fight will stay in it.

This is FF's chance. Add dating and scoop up all the bereaved AVACers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

Heads up, Avengers Academy is shutting down in early February. Another one bites the dust. I wonder how long Future Fight will stay in it.

This is FF's chance. Add dating and scoop up all the bereaved AVACers.

FF seems to be pretty strong, they release new content monthly and is pretty fair for a mobile FTP game. AA was, not fair in the slightest. I stopped playing after the Black Panther event was literally impossible without spending a ton of money. I never got to see if they added Scarlet Witch and if she was goth as hell.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I racked up 1,260,000 pts in AXB yesterday with Sharon. I don't think I've ever made it past 600K or so before. Also took down Corvus at 29 without working up a sweat. Cleared the 150 second markers with both him and Dwarf without trying.

So I guess she's pretty good again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

FF seems to be pretty strong, they release new content monthly and is pretty fair for a mobile FTP game. AA was, not fair in the slightest. I stopped playing after the Black Panther event was literally impossible without spending a ton of money. I never got to see if they added Scarlet Witch and if she was goth as hell.

Yeah that wasn't meant as a doom and gloom post, FF is doing great I think. The mighty marvel mobile thread is dead though and I wanted to post it somewhere. I quit earlier this year thankfully when I saw you had no chance of getting most of the new characters without whaling out or getting lucky with lootboxes. I did get SWitch though and she was more hippy than goth.

In FF, I like the White Fox heroic quest much better than the Moon Spider one, it's a bit more sanely balanced. At least the weeks I've gotten. Card upgrade is right after 10 dimension rifts, among other niceties, and I've been finishing Mondays without spending shards.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think they tweaked it after the first couple of weeks so you got more of those logical Special/Custom Gear or Dimension/Cards follow ups and less close together daily breakers like Alliance Battle, Timeline, or Daily. I hosed up yesterday and stalled out earlier than necessary but I did the math and I should still finish with like 2 days to spare if I don't screw up again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They say I can but a 6* rank up ticket in the store, but nope, nowhere to be found.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

They say I can but a 6* rank up ticket in the store, but nope, nowhere to be found.

It’s a selector, not a rank up ticket (so no paywall characters). It’s the “Year End Special” in the featured shop.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Aw gently caress, what have I gotten myself into.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

In a stunning reversal I'm going to have 400 cube shards before I have Luna at 70, and all my books besides Universal are maxed

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Applied for membership to Goonlactus.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Russad posted:

It’s a selector, not a rank up ticket (so no paywall characters). It’s the “Year End Special” in the featured shop.

Ah nerts. Oh well I'm sure there's someone I can use it on.

Crap, well, I guess Elektra?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Ah nerts. Oh well I'm sure there's someone I can use it on.

Crap, well, I guess Elektra?

Best bang for your buck is someone who is from chests only like Miles Morales or Mantis, then dimension rift guys like Drax and Loki, then the main story farmables like Elektra and MODOK because they cost half bios to rank up. That said, if you like Elektra by all means use it on her. I used mine on Malekith and I know he's probably terrible.

There's a difficulty to acquire chart in the OP if that helps.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hmmm. Who to spend this 6-star selector on.

I've got Drax, Red Hulk, and Spider-Gwen at 5 stars.
I've got Medusa, Nebula, Yondu, Jane Foster, Ronan, Ghost Rider and Gamora at 4 stars, as well as all the Dr. Strange characters that aren't Dr. Strange.
I've got Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, Heimdall, Miles Morales, Angela, Silk, Yellowjacket at 3 stars.
I've got Whiplash, Nico, Singularity, Cho Hulk at 2.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Drax sucks, Red Hulk is useful for his leadership but I wouldn't use a 6 star selector on him, Spider-Gwen is meh.

Medusa is pretty decent and gets to be pretty good with her uni. Nebula sucks. Don't know much about Yondu. Jane Foster sucks. Ronan might get a good uni when the Captain Marvel movie hits, but you could farm his rifts. Ghost Rider sucks, but might be okay at best with his uni? I dunno. Gamora sucks. Mordo is pretty okay, but I wouldn't waste a selector on him. Wong sucks. Ancient One is okay with a decent enough leadership. Dunno how Kaecilius is. Satana is pretty decent with her uni and her leadership ends up being +70% fire damage with it. Hellstorm isn't great.

Dunno about Shang-Chi or Ms Marvel. Heimdall is someone I throw in at low level rumbles in Shadowlands and he survives okay enough. I never touched Miles without the uni but he's pretty good with it, probably the best out of the people you've listed or about Medusa level if you get his uni, though Medusa's leadership is more useful. Angela sucks. My t2 silk with her uni can solo very low Shadowlands, but that's about it. I can't really comment on Yellowjacket since mine is bugged and support hasn't been helpful at all so mine sucks and I'm not gonna bother t2ing him.

Dunno about Whiplash. Nico sucks. Dunno about Singularity or Cho Hulk. I just hate that dude's stupid grin.

I'd probably go with Miles if you intend on grabbing a uni as well when they go on sale again since your Medusa is already at 4*, but it's a toss up between the two of them imo. I mostly wouldn't consider Satana even though she's kinda close just because she's easier to get bios for.

A surfing dog?! fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 27, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Doctor Goon hasn't started a raid in probably a week so I'd like to join a non-dead group if one exists

A surfing dog?! posted:

Drax sucks, Red Hulk is useful for his leadership but I wouldn't use a 6 star selector on him, Spider-Gwen is meh.

Medusa is pretty decent and gets to be pretty good with her uni. Nebula sucks. Don't know much about Yondu. Jane Foster sucks. Ronan might get a good uni when the Captain Marvel movie hits, but you could farm his rifts. Ghost Rider sucks, but might be okay at best with his uni? I dunno. Gamora sucks. Mordo is pretty okay, but I wouldn't waste a selector on him. Wong sucks. Ancient One is okay with a decent enough leadership. Dunno how Kaecilius is. Satana is pretty decent with her uni and her leadership ends up being +70% fire damage with it. Hellstorm isn't great.

Dunno about Shang-Chi or Ms Marvel. Heimdall is someone I throw in at low level rumbles in Shadowlands and he survives okay enough. I never touched Miles without the uni but he's pretty good with it, probably the best out of the people you've listed or about Medusa level if you get his uni, though Medusa's leadership is more useful. Angela sucks. My t2 silk with her uni can solo very low Shadowlands, but that's about it. I can't really comment on Yellowjacket since mine is bugged and support hasn't been helpful at all so mine sucks and I'm not gonna bother t2ing him.

Dunno about Whiplash. Nico sucks. Dunno about Singularity or Cho Hulk. I just hate that dude's stupid grin.

I'd probably go with Miles if you intend on grabbing a uni as well when they go on sale again since your Medusa is already at 4*, but it's a toss up between the two of them imo. I mostly wouldn't consider Satana even though she's kinda close just because she's easier to get bios for.

An optimist would say Cpt Marvel will be buffed for the movie but who the gently caress knows

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I expect big things and a T3 for Capt Marvel next month.

Also major lol at anyone advocating for using a ticket on Elecktra.

Flow chart for using tickets:

- should be unfarmable
- should be able to help you advance whichever parts of the game you are focused on, or help you get SL bios
- if tied, ask us for who is stronger / more fun to play

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Doctor Goon hasn't started a raid in probably a week so I'd like to join a non-dead group if one exists

Buster Highman has a few spots open and a handful of us are very active in Marvel's Risk.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My alliance has weeks where we go crazy on Risk and weeks where we get lazy, but I just stopped opening the Raids weeks ago because I was the only one doing them. And even I can't be bothered. It's a pretty lame game mode.

Marvel is definitely getting a T3, movie costume, and huge rework soon. She's massive for the MCU by all signs and even Ant-Man got that. Coulson and Ronin might get bumps and we'll probably get new characters from Mar-vel, the Kree, Skrulls, and whatever.

If you bought the bio selector I'd probably use them on Strange characters. They're useful (besides Wong) and it will speed you up on his epic mission.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Hmmm. Who to spend this 6-star selector on.

I've got Drax, Red Hulk, and Spider-Gwen at 5 stars.
I've got Medusa, Nebula, Yondu, Jane Foster, Ronan, Ghost Rider and Gamora at 4 stars, as well as all the Dr. Strange characters that aren't Dr. Strange.
I've got Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, Heimdall, Miles Morales, Angela, Silk, Yellowjacket at 3 stars.
I've got Whiplash, Nico, Singularity, Cho Hulk at 2.

Without uniforms, Heimdall and Robbie Reyes are the best out of all of those characters. Unless you mean normal Ghost Rider. He sucks no matter what you do.

Also, I'd like to join a non dead alliance but don't want to lose all of those sweet, sweet maxed out alliance bonuses.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I bought one of the 6 Star Selectors. I however realized it stays in your mailbox indefinitely.

So I'm going to save it for the next update. So when they release the next Iron Hammer/Morgana Le Fay I can get them at 6 stars.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

Yeah I expect big things and a T3 for Capt Marvel next month.

Also major lol at anyone advocating for using a ticket on Elecktra.

Flow chart for using tickets:

- should be unfarmable
- should be able to help you advance whichever parts of the game you are focused on, or help you get SL bios
- if tied, ask us for who is stronger / more fun to play

Reasons i used it on Elektra
- Everyone unfarmable but selectable is already 6*
- of who was left, she was the character I cared about the most.

I've been playing this since release, I have a huge roster of t2s, and at this point outside of the few WBs, I'm just finishing up the roster.

The Question IRL posted:

I bought one of the 6 Star Selectors. I however realized it stays in your mailbox indefinitely.

So I'm going to save it for the next update. So when they release the next Iron Hammer/Morgana Le Fay I can get them at 6 stars.

Crap, I wish I had known that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I finished up the four weeks of the white fox heroic quest and was able to reactivate my 3/4 complete arachknight quest with no charge. I thought I saw someone here or on reddit say they got double ding charged for crystals trying to resume. Maybe a bug they fixed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finished up the White Fox and managed to get her to T2 with tickets. I'm of two minds about whether it was the right call. Looking at it now 750 crystals doesn't seem that bad to finish ArachKnight, I'm finishing the Jessica Jones one that I paused for White Fox now because whatever and I'm back on trying to save for Psylocke. But when it comes time I think I'll probably be more satisfied using the crystals for ArachKnight than the 6* ticket for White Fox. Ah well.

Speaking of, I'm gonna buy a bio sub soon and I have 2 Mega 6 tickets in my inventory. Gambit, Magik, Weapon Hex, Nadia Wasp, Ghost, Ghost Panther, Sentinal. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the X-Gene and Gambit and Hex but there's like nothing else to do with the X-Genes. I have all the other mutants at T2. I guess I could use the rest of them to try and work Magik up.

Option B: get the Bios, grab all them, finish Luna, maybe Valkyrie for her team bonus and Killmonger's costume for the Legendary prizes. Then whoever. Maybe save the Megas to see if Mar-Vel or someone upcoming is more of a must have.

I dunno. Are any of them Must Haves? The Mutants definitely seem closest but I sorta want to wait until there's more for me to grab for my buck.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

An optimist would say Cpt Marvel will be buffed for the movie but who the gently caress knows

Oh, I was thinking he meant Kamala and not Carol, but I'm definitely hoping the movie will get Captain Marvel up to IW uniform strength at least. I'm thinking worst case scenario she only gets bumped up to Groot/Rocket IW costume levels.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I finished up the White Fox and managed to get her to T2 with tickets. I'm of two minds about whether it was the right call. Looking at it now 750 crystals doesn't seem that bad to finish ArachKnight, I'm finishing the Jessica Jones one that I paused for White Fox now because whatever and I'm back on trying to save for Psylocke. But when it comes time I think I'll probably be more satisfied using the crystals for ArachKnight than the 6* ticket for White Fox. Ah well.

Speaking of, I'm gonna buy a bio sub soon and I have 2 Mega 6 tickets in my inventory. Gambit, Magik, Weapon Hex, Nadia Wasp, Ghost, Ghost Panther, Sentinal. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the X-Gene and Gambit and Hex but there's like nothing else to do with the X-Genes. I have all the other mutants at T2. I guess I could use the rest of them to try and work Magik up.

Option B: get the Bios, grab all them, finish Luna, maybe Valkyrie for her team bonus and Killmonger's costume for the Legendary prizes. Then whoever. Maybe save the Megas to see if Mar-Vel or someone upcoming is more of a must have.

I dunno. Are any of them Must Haves? The Mutants definitely seem closest but I sorta want to wait until there's more for me to grab for my buck.

Tough question. Ghost has that speed villain ABX day and is good for a villain shadowlands so she'd be my pick I think. But you need the uni and to T2 her so maybe that's out. Magik is solid and will annihilate a blast shadowlands of which there are usually many. Her #5 does crazy damage. She's too squishy for UWB though so Emma, Psylocke and Weapon Hex are far better. I don't have the game up to check what it does but WHex has some kind of red orb illusion that shows up when she's on your team but not the active character. Sentinel is really good for a universal villain, seems to be on par with the regular black order as far as Shadowlands. He, Ultron and a gimme usually take down universal villain level without a scratch thanks to robots everywhere. Gambit is supposedly really decent, he kills it in rumbles but I haven't tried him solo yet. Ghost Panther did well the one time I tried him. I think Nadia Wasp is the weakest of the ones you mentioned, I run her with regular wasp and someone for a blast rumble. Mine is still T1 though.

Of EVERYONE you mentioned in your post, and from my personal experience, Psylocke and Luna Snow are the only super powerful game breakers, up there with the other meta chars. Not on the same level as Jean or SWitch but close to it. Everyone else will just round out your versatility a bunch for when SL throws you a curve or you want to try someone new for a change.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that was kind of my vague impressions. I've been saying for weeks that I was going to get the bio subs as a Christmas gift for myself but now I just don't know if I feel its worth it. I might do the Bios one just to try and catch up a little (I also have Quasar at 5*) and finish Luna and maybe those Valk/Killmonger Legendary quests. But I'm debating just waiting since nothing seems really must have. I've kind of shifted my game focus to working up the native T2s I've neglected along with the T3s and that feels like a more worthy venture now that I'm not really wanting for any Shadowland players or anything.

I basically WANT the mutants because Magik was always a favorite, Gambit seems good (and is Gambit), and Weapon Hex seems fun. I thought MAYBE they'd make a difference in WBU. But a big part of me really wants to wait until there's more people i can use it on compared to all those people for the Bios that I feel I'm almost "falling behind" on.

So I think maybe I'm leaning towards grabbing the Bio sub, finishing Luna so I can work her to T3, grabbing Panther/Nadia/Sentinel/Ghost at 1 or 2* so I can use all those 3/4/5 tickets I have, use the rest of the bios to work on Valk/Killmonger, and stash the Megas until someone more enticing comes along. I bet I'll be thankful when that Fantastic Four update finally happens and they make Thing and Torch pay characters only to give you Mr. Fantastic for free.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 28, 2018

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Saving for Psylocke is also a good idea because the sooner you finish her up, the sooner you can keep getting her bios to feed to native t2's and stuff like with Magneto's epic quest.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think I'll save the Selector for the Danvers Update, too. I'll want a good Captain Marvel, methinks.

Otherwise, it was narrowed to Heimdall or Miles Morales. I may change my mind after seeing Spider-Verse sometime this week.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

Saving for Psylocke is also a good idea because the sooner you finish her up, the sooner you can keep getting her bios to feed to native t2's and stuff like with Magneto's epic quest.

I mean, she's also disgustingly good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been "saving for Psylocke" since she showed up but then I always get tempted by Sharon's costume or White Fox or Arackknight's quests or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I've been "saving for Psylocke" since she showed up but then I always get tempted by Sharon's costume or White Fox or Arackknight's quests or whatever.

Do you not do the monthly crystals? 100 a day makes that quick work.

Then again, I've been doing the same thing with the BP pack for a while