Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Some of the tires were on fire, others were drenched in unclean water to harbor mosquitoes.

They wanted a 2000 x 1 mile superfund site stretching into Mexican territory before you even got to the turret cannons.

My favorite thing about that was somebody actually crunched the numbers and the tire moat would have contained more tires than have ever existed in America and I think even in the world. I think it was even a single order of magnitude more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Wait, yes I can, those fuckers gave us Bush. If anything, they deserve most of the blame!

Nooo Bush was a Marxist globalist, freepers never supported the man

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So, who is going to tell them the guy behind the wall fund is a known scam artist?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilmiera posted:

So, who is going to tell them the guy behind the wall fund is a known scam artist?

The best part is that they aren't even doing basic math on it, yeah they raised 10 million in like 4 days and that is just 1% of their goal, so at the current rate is about 400 days to hit the goal. 2000 days for all 5 billion, or roughly mid 2023.

Oh and you can't just give money to the government and tell them that it's earmarked for something that wasn't appropriated, but they dont care.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Also, this isn't like taxes because

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Plinkey posted:

The best part is that they aren't even doing basic math on it, yeah they raised 10 million in like 4 days and that is just 1% of their goal, so at the current rate is about 400 days to hit the goal. 2000 days for all 5 billion, or roughly mid 2023.

Oh and you can't just give money to the government and tell them that it's earmarked for something that wasn't appropriated, but they dont care.

Couldn't they just buy land on the border and build wall sections themselves? It's just a load of steel posts, right?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

BarbarianElephant posted:

Couldn't they just buy land on the border and build wall sections themselves? It's just a load of steel posts, right?

Buying the land would eat up so much money that they wouldn't have any left over for their beautiful designer steel slats. The gummint can grab a lot of that land via eminent domain, which I'm SURE is factored into Trump's highly scientific cost estimhahahaha couldn't keep a straight face on that one, sorry.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

There are also the added costs of redesigning the wall since they probably don't have the exact schematics available, coordinating the building so the wall doesn't end up crooked or unstable, bulldozing or clearing existing buildings and landmarks...

Unless the thing you are making is a straight road, construction and infrastructure on a large scale is hard, and expensive.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just read about how badly the government has hosed this up before on a smaller scale.

https://www.texasstandard.org/stories/how-spacex-could-get-in-the-way-of-the-proposed-southern-border-wall/

Wrong link...

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12/14/border-land-grab-government-abused-power-seize-property-fence/

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Also, this isn't like taxes because

Because none of it is going to welfare queens, of course.

I've got a Trumper crowing about it on social media right now, finally thanks to crowdfunding we the people can decide where our taxes go.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

evilmiera posted:

There are also the added costs of redesigning the wall since they probably don't have the exact schematics available, coordinating the building so the wall doesn't end up crooked or unstable, bulldozing or clearing existing buildings and landmarks...

Unless the thing you are making is a straight road, construction and infrastructure on a large scale is hard, and expensive.

They can do a teeny tiny 2 mile wall and be ever-so-proud of themselves.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mantis42 posted:

The question is will our Warriors continue to be railroaded for doing their jobs by deep state Obama holdovers in the U.S. government.

9 posted on 12/20/2018, 4:54:36 PM by Perseverando (For Progressives, Islamonazis, Statists, Commies & other DemoKKKrats: It's all about PEOPLE CONTROL!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

I do not trust the military to carry out orders to fortify the border. I can’t see this pack of DOD PC correct losers doing it.

17 posted on 12/18/2018, 9:56:47 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Uh huh, Obama, sure

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Who's gonna do the Christmas posts? Also, I assume Freep doesn't share news like this but let me know if they do cause that's great:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1076522756592754688?s=20

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Happy Holidays from Freep!

VANITY: Happy Holidays Makes No Sense

More like Holy-day, amirite? :dadjoke:

quote:

To: savedbygrace

I typically respond to “Happy Holidays” with “Merry Christmas”, which often makes those who have been told what to say at work smile. When the person is an obvious far-left activist, I echo their greeting - almost. They don’t seem to know how to react to “Happy Holy-days”.

2 posted on 12/24/2018 3:20:37 AM PST by Pollster1 ("Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Holy Days should be happy days.

3 posted on 12/24/2018 3:23:16 AM PST by gitmo (If your theology doesn't become your biography, what good is it?)

quote:

To: gitmo

Every day should be a happy day.

6 posted on 12/24/2018 3:48:31 AM PST by savedbygrace
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

I volunteer at my local VA. I was asked to sort through a large box of Christmas cards to sort out any that had a religious theme. Those would be sent to the hapel and only distributed by them.

I politely refused.

I then went on to note that if the government was so concerned about offending some with religion, they need to stop saying “Happy Holiday” since the root of the second part is in fact “Holy Day”.

We all agreed that political correctness has ruined everything it touches.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8 posted on 12/24/2018 3:51:08 AM PST by airborne (I don't always scream at the TV but when I do it's hockey season!)

Suuure you do. :rolleyes:

quote:

I always say,”Happy Birthday to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without Him we’d spend eternity in hell.

9 posted on 12/24/2018 4:04:08 AM PST by MuttTheHoople

quote:

To: Telepathic Intruder

The idiots on the left don’t realize that Holiday=Holy Day.

12 posted on 12/24/2018 4:19:16 AM PST by LumberJack53213
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Can't see why she would be a "former" wife. :jerkbag:

quote:

I just don’t say ANYTHING to anyone unless they greet me first.

If I get a ‘Merry Christmas’, I smile and say “AND a Merry Christmas to YOU also”.
If I get ANYTHING else, I smile and say “NO - it is MERRY CHRISTMAS” - thank you anyway.

And if I see banners etc saying ‘HH’ I point at it and say “REALLY?” and normally just get a shrug.

OTOH, if I do not know someone, I let them address me first - don’t want to ‘offend’ one by saying Hello and hurting their feelings.

I am not running for office or looking to make ‘friends’ so I really don’t care what you may ‘think’ of me.

My former wife used to say something like “You are so miserable NO one will come to your funeral” I would respond with “I really don’t care, it won’t bother me, may embarrass YOU - if YOU decide to show up”

16 posted on 12/24/2018 4:48:36 AM PST by xrmusn (6/98"Getting rich as a Politician means doing something illegal''(trunc) HS Truman)

quote:

It’s not politically correct, and it makes perfect sense. There’s a fistful of holidays this time of year. Even your crowd is just Christian. Had a bunch of people I knew I wasn’t going to see until after the New Year, so Happy Holidays it was since they’d be having at least 2 before I saw them again. Really the whining about happy holidays is just as pathetically stupid as leftist whining about PC stuff.

18 posted on 12/24/2018 5:28:52 AM PST by discostu (Every gun makes its own tune.)

For some reason I wasn't invited to Christmas Dinner. But if I was I totally would have said that.

quote:

To: waterhill

my niece (in law!!) was always “offended” at Christmas- no Santa, no Jesus, even snowmen pissed her off. a crackpot if you’ve never met one.
i have always wanted to tell her to go “blank” herself, and then ask, what was more offensive? LOL.

22 posted on 12/24/2018 5:59:04 AM PST by ronniesgal (warning- you will probably be offended by something I type, if you are looking to be.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Vanity: Should People Be Forced To Say "Merry Christmas"?

More holy-day fun time!

quote:

To: fruser1

Of course not. That is the antithesis of free speech. The whole problem with the left is that they want to control and define other people, to subjugate them. Enforced speech is not only as bad as but may be even worse than not permitting people to speak.

3 posted on 12/24/2018 5:07:02 AM PST by gspurlock (http://www.backyardfence.wordpress.com)

quote:

Christ isn’t about being fair.
Were he fair no one would escape hell because we all fully deserve it.

4 posted on 12/24/2018 5:16:11 AM PST by MrEdd (Caveat Emptor)

quote:

I only say Merry Christmas to the black and Hispanic people that I work with. I’m afraid of saying it to whites (other than ones I know very well), because they might get ‘triggered’ by it and cause me trouble at my job.

Sad country when you have to worry about that.

9 posted on 12/24/2018 5:32:00 AM PST by BobL (I eat at McDonald's and shop at Walmart - I just don't tell anyone.)

Kwanzaa! :argh:

quote:

No but speaking up about it and making note of who does and does not say Merry Christmas is still “allowed” isn’t it?

Kwanzaa is a fake pile of crap made up by a savage who pressed a hot iron on the face of a woman he was trying to rape.
It is only celebrated by liberal government school teachers and some who like to play dress up.

14 posted on 12/24/2018 6:09:58 AM PST by jmaroneps37 (Conservatism is truth. Liberal is lies.)

Feel that Christian love!

quote:

Why “offend” and “trigger” some knuckledragger on the street by “assuming” they are an American and greeting them with “Merry Christmas”. Just greet them with “**** off!” and everything will be cool.

24 posted on 12/24/2018 7:02:51 AM PST by FlingWingFlyer (#NotARussianBot)

quote:

Well I like to say Merry Christmas to all the hijab wearing Muslims now widely employed in Metro Atlanta. No response required. Just the uncomfortable look on their faces. 😆

29 posted on 12/24/2018 7:22:52 AM PST by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)

quote:

Apparently most have missed the point off your question, which of course is the act of government forcing people to speak in a certain way some demand or meet with retribution.

Leftists are, or were, frustrated tyrants wanting to come out of their closets. Now they are doing so and we are playing a price for their tyranny, and are also being the ones who are labeled as the tyrants in the process.

31 posted on 12/24/2018 7:45:33 AM PST by Robert DeLong

Revolution is... coming?

quote:

Conservatives aren’t big on ‘force’ - that’s a liberal control-freak totalitarian thing.

You know that, right?

33 posted on 12/24/2018 7:52:31 AM PST by GOPJ (TERM LIMIT DC SWAMP BUREAUCRATS - a permanent un-elected ruling class is a threat to freedom.)

quote:

No, we just need to constantly stand up to liberal thugs who want to ‘force’ their stupid values and thuggy ways on the rest of us.

34 posted on 12/24/2018 7:54:32 AM PST by GOPJ (TERM LIMIT DC SWAMP BUREAUCRATS - a permanent un-elected ruling class is a threat to freedom.)

quote:

Oh goody another idiot calling for more government power

35 posted on 12/24/2018 8:11:27 AM PST by Nifster (II see puppy dogs in the clouds)

quote:

Forced speech is wrong. Compelled speech is wrong.

Whether a liberal bully saying “you WILL use these made up pronouns or face prison/fines/mob violence” or a conservative saying “You will say Merry Christmas, whether you don’t celebrate it or don’t like the person” is ALL unfair and oppressive.

The simplest solution is saying “Merry Christmas” or whatever other greeting you want, and defending the right of others to say what they want.

The problem is the erosion of the very principle of free speech in society. That’s why liberals are siding with Big Tech censorship, retreating to “well, it is only bad if government does it” ...

The worst part is their definition of love and politeness to equal liberal dogma, so hate speech by definition is everything liberals disagree with. That lets them classify “Merry Christmas” or the term “illegal alien” as hate speech and ban it, because they have elitist arrogance to say the good terms only apply to them and power to say everyone else’s opinions are evil incitement to violence to be banned.

40 posted on 12/24/2018 8:57:37 AM PST by tbw2

quote:

To: Vermont Lt

I live in very rural Kansas. Cant say that I’ve ever noticed a negative response to it. But I’ve never asked a Christian to bake a cake celebrating homosexuality either. Its a ‘thing’ so it must be happening somewhere.(?) Why are we discussing it?

Or is that what the majority minority wants us all to think?

42 posted on 12/24/2018 9:00:21 AM PST by Delta 21
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

My former wife used to say something like “You are so miserable NO one will come to your funeral” I would respond with “I really don’t care, it won’t bother me, may embarrass YOU - if YOU decide to show up”

It’s beautiful, in its own terrible way. Everything we’ve noticed about freepers, summed up nearly perfectly (by one of their own, no less).

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
Stock market crashed in worst December since Great Depression, Freep is on the case:

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3715097/posts#comment

quote:

The Fed is PURPOSELY trying to tank the stock market in order to hurt President Trump..all part of the swamp’s plan..if they can’t get rid of him due to “Russian Collusion” they will tank the economy to get rid of him

3 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:45:16 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

SorozNazi’s last gasp, trying to undermine the USA economy, market ?

4 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:46:49 PM by faithhopecharity (“Politicians arent born, they’re excreted.” Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 to 43 BCE))

quote:

Well, I saw no report of volume. I suspect the computers are dealin’ with each other and the third or fourth string traders are all that’s on the floor.

5 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:47:32 PM by bert ( (KE. N.P. N.C. +12) Invade Honduras. Provide a military government)

MAJOR CRACKS IN TRUMP’S WALL:

quote:

Trump is engaging in his long-standing practice of blaming his own appointees for everything that makes him look bad. LOL.

6 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:47:40 PM by Alberta's Child ("I'm a cool dude in a loose mood! Hey -- two ginger ales for my girls!")

quote:

Trump appointed the fed chairman. If the fed chairman is purposely trying to hurt Trump, then Trump was a fool to put him in there.

7 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:49:19 PM by rintintin

quote:

Not only that, but he appointed a guy (Powell) whose defining economic philosophy is built on tight monetary policy.
For him to complain about Powell now is the equivalent of Trump appointing Dr. Ben Carson to a cabinet post, and then claiming 18 months later that he didn't know Carson was black, or a doctor. LOL.

8 posted on 12/24/2018, 2:53:34 PM by Alberta's Child ("I'm a cool dude in a loose mood! Hey -- two ginger ales for my girls!")

Is it satire or is it freeper?

quote:

Trump needs to fire the idiot that appointed this Fed chair.

33 posted on 12/24/2018, 3:19:46 PM by proust (Justice delayed is injustice.)

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 24, 2018

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I sense some good deep cover trolls in those replies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

They are a bit too on-point for Freep, yeah.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What's a motto with you? :smugdog:

Anyone else alone on Christmas Eve? posted:

To: Mmogamer

Wife left me 6 months ago. After 40 years together.
Lost my best friend on Dec 19 after his long battle with cancer.
Not a good Christmas but I am working to ensure that next year’s will be better. I’m going to build a nice flag case for my friend’s veteran casket flag. I will laser etch the US Army logo and facts about his service on the glass case cover.

34 posted on 12/24/2018, 6:59:00 PM by american_ranger (Our family motto is being miserable builds character.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

gently caress it, I'm goin in.

quote:

To: Skooz

All I ever wanted most is a wife to cherish and love and serve, and children, in a home devoted to God.

With each passing Christmas that seems to never be meant for me.

Maybe some of us are just too broken for God to hear. Maybe for some of us our lives are mistakes. 

33 posted on 12/24/2018, 6:56:50 PM by Ciaphas Cain(FreeRepublic.com is the most-used app on my iPhone.

Why am I not surprised he identifies with Ciaphas and the imperium in general?

quote:

Have been single since ‘91 and am currently without a gf. My kids all off elsewhere, so yeah, all alone. I am in good spirits and have a lot to keep me busy, though I do pine for a mate.

81 posted on 12/24/2018, 7:33:42 PM by umgud (Now)

quote:

I wish. My wife is teaching the kids how to roll a joint.

110 posted on 12/24/2018, 8:06:00 PM by AppyPappy (How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?)

Your wife is cooler than you.

quote:

To: Ciaphas Cain

All I ever wanted most is a wife to cherish and love and serve, and children, in a home devoted to God.

You get to keep everything you have if you remain single. You have a much reduced chance of being falsely accused of rape or abuse by remaining single. 

147 posted on 12/24/2018, 8:48:16 PM by wastedyears (The left would kill every single one of us and our families if they knew they could get away with it)

Merry christmas, kiss my rear end freep. :v:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Elmnt80 posted:

Why am I not surprised he identifies with Ciaphas and the imperium in general?

Isn't Ciaphas' whole deal that he is an avowed coward who explicitly doesn't put his faith in the omnipotent god-emperor because he assumes that the emperor has better things to do than worry about his rear end and instead tries to be as self reliant as possible (primarily by running away from as much horrible poo poo as he can?)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't Ciaphas' whole deal that he is an avowed coward who explicitly doesn't put his faith in the omnipotent god-emperor because he assumes that the emperor has better things to do than worry about his rear end and instead tries to be as self reliant as possible (primarily by running away from as much horrible poo poo as he can?)
Ciaphas is quite literally Harry Flashman 40K

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Eh, more I'm not surprised that he identifies with an xenophobic authoritarian theocracy that executes/enslaves heretics and non-believers. (Ciaphas of course being a commissar and the supposed shining example of that government.) The irony of course being that it is corrupt from the ground up and has completely abandoned the ideals it was founded on. Who knows what you could draw a parallel on there.

P.S. - gently caress your corpse emperor.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 25, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Flag case sounds pretty badass at least.

Rest is pretty hilarious though bwahahahaha.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That last guy is Kirk van Houten

https://youtu.be/ChP1j41omlE

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Elmnt80 posted:

Your wife is cooler than you.

That woman deserves better than a freeper husband

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

So this is the only one I feel bad for. He doesn't lament or curse his wife who left him. He seems to be finding comfort in planning to make a little memorial to his dead friend, which is sweet but very :smith:.

I mean he's probably a huge rear end in a top hat because he's on freep but I still found this one sad.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

And if I see banners etc saying ‘HH’ I point at it and say “REALLY?” and normally just get a shrug.

That's because normal people don't care. The whole point of the season is to be happy and/or with family and be charitable. Not walk around Scrooging it up because you have a stick shoved so far up your rear end the tip is scratching your brain

quote:

Of course not. That is the antithesis of free speech. The whole problem with the left is that they want to control and define other people, to subjugate them. Enforced speech is not only as bad as but may be even worse than not permitting people to speak.

3 posted on 12/24/2018 5:07:02 AM PST by gspurlock (http://www.backyardfence.wordpress.com)

This was from the same thread bitching about forcing people to believe/say things, right? I'm having a hard time seeing where "say whatever you like" is restricting are freedums while "It's Merry Christmas! Say it! Jesus was born this day! If you don't believe in him you can't celebrate!" is the bastion of freedom

quote:

Conservatives aren’t big on ‘force’ - that’s a liberal control-freak totalitarian thing.

You know that, right?

33 posted on 12/24/2018 7:52:31 AM PST by GOPJ (TERM LIMIT DC SWAMP BUREAUCRATS - a permanent un-elected ruling class is a threat to freedom.)

Who's rallies had people starting fist fights over who was more conservative and threatening violence on the press? I forget.
Not like they'd drive a car into a crowd of protestors to kill someone or beat and threaten everyone there that doesn't follow the same line they do. I mean I'm sure there would be tons of evidence if the right were a violent bunch of psychopaths fantasizing about killing "urban ferals" and road raging anyone that dares inconvenience them

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 25, 2018

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I’m here for the schadenfreude.

Please post all stories of freepers being miserable during Christmas.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jagged Jim posted:

Happy Holidays from Freep!

VANITY: Happy Holidays Makes No Sense

More like Holy-day, amirite? :dadjoke:

“I volunteer at my local VA. I was asked to sort through a large box of Christmas cards to sort out any that had a religious theme. Those would be sent to the hapel and only distributed by them.

I politely refused.

I then went on to note that if the government was so concerned about offending some with religion, they need to stop saying “Happy Holiday” since the root of the second part is in fact “Holy Day”.

We all agreed that political correctness has ruined everything it touches.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

Truly the worst people, no wonder there’s so much volunteer turnover at the VA.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

wilderthanmild posted:

So this is the only one I feel bad for. He doesn't lament or curse his wife who left him. He seems to be finding comfort in planning to make a little memorial to his dead friend, which is sweet but very :smith:.

I mean he's probably a huge rear end in a top hat because he's on freep but I still found this one sad.

I had this reaction to a shot of W at one point during the HW hooplah when they carried HW past him into the National Cathedral. Then I remembered how many other people he put through the same thing but without 60 years of time together or the chance to say goodbye and I got over it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

I hope they're all miserable, but it won't matter because not a single one of them will ever realize why their families have cut them out of their lives. To them, it's just because they obviously couldn't handle all the #MAGA and the #winning, stupid libs! :smug:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sir Tonk posted:

:effort:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1077255770725601280

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah, same here. I think that's a natural and healthy reaction, even when you know that someone's misery is self inflicted and well deserved.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

This is a coded message from Q that Trump is standing in solidarity with them.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1077659519617024001

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

I just don’t say ANYTHING to anyone unless they greet me first.

If I get a ‘Merry Christmas’, I smile and say “AND a Merry Christmas to YOU also”.
If I get ANYTHING else, I smile and say “NO - it is MERRY CHRISTMAS” - thank you anyway.

OTOH, if I do not know someone, I let them address me first - don’t want to ‘offend’ one by saying Hello and hurting their feelings.

I am not running for office or looking to make ‘friends’ so I really don’t care what you may ‘think’ of me.

16 posted on 12/24/2018 4:48:36 AM PST by xrmusn (6/98"Getting rich as a Politician means doing something illegal''(trunc) HS Truman)
THere's a lot to unpack here, but I'm just surprised this guy isn't totally in favor of a banner that reads HH.

...is that a Calvin and Hobbes reference? I swear thats a punchline from a strip.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
I recommend every reader of this thread listen to the podcast "Slow Burn" from Slate. The second season goes through the Clinton impeachment scandal. The final episode brings up Freep in passing.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
The Los Vegas cabal is at it, again.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

THere's a lot to unpack here, but I'm just surprised this guy isn't totally in favor of a banner that reads HH.

...is that a Calvin and Hobbes reference? I swear thats a punchline from a strip.

Biggest version I could find offhand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Fulchrum posted:

Lion King, when kid Simba meets Timon and Pumba. I'd wager it's a fairly old bit though.