Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

Düsseldorf should've been but a 10 minute changeover from my way back from Holland to Berlin op, never would I want to spend more time there than that.

Hm methinks that Düsseldorf isn't really on the way from Holland to Berlin unless..... you're actually from Limburg :wth: lmao mountain lover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

:rolleyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Hm methinks that Düsseldorf isn't really on the way from Holland to Berlin unless..... you're actually from Limburg :wth: lmao mountain lover

lol, there are no mountains in the former eastern mining region of Limburg where I grew up op. it's just like the Ruhrgebiet, only bleaker.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

lol, there are no mountains in the former eastern mining region of Limburg where I grew up op. it's just like the Ruhrgebiet, only bleaker.

Another shot in the dark regarding a poster's Herkunft, another bullseye *blows smoke from my posting guns, which are bottles of beer (toot)*

Also, there totally are mountains in the Ruhrgebiet. Schwerte (Ruhr) has freaking cliffs, and you can't have cliffs without mountains

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Hahaha Mountains in Preußen. How cute.

Edit: yes, anything north of Bavaria is Preußen. :colbert: Anything north of the Weißwurstäquator really but I don’t really know what to make of Franken. Franken is Franken I suppose.

bronin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 26, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Another shot in the dark regarding a poster's Herkunft, another bullseye *blows smoke from my posting guns, which are bottles of beer (toot)*

Also, there totally are mountains in the Ruhrgebiet. Schwerte (Ruhr) has freaking cliffs, and you can't have cliffs without mountains

You can have cliffs near a ocean. Are oceans mountains?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

You can have cliffs near a ocean. Are oceans mountains?

No, but the cliffs are mountains, which are near an ocean, like you say

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

always beans before hoes :hfive:

stell dir vor es gibt bohnen und keiner geht hin

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

No, but the cliffs are mountains, which are near an ocean, like you say

No, they are not. They are eroded parts of land, which near oceans, doesn't need an actual mountain range nearby

You're probably confusing normal boring standard cliffs with tectonic cliffs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Libluini posted:

No, they are not. They are eroded parts of land, which near oceans, doesn't need an actual mountain range nearby

Smirr is right actually

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Libluini posted:

If you really thinf about it, all land is eroded, which brings us to the correct conclusion: all land is mountains (except for freshly cooled lava and raised coral reefs, naturally)

Btw I started daydrinking four hours ago so if you sincerepost at me today, you're only playing yourself

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
actually everything is mountains

source: im a mountain

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

You, a nincompoop: surely that idiot hellfucker couldn't possibly pick a dumber hill [ed. note: a type of mountain] to die on?!

Me, a learnéd scholar: technically a stream of piss is a wadi

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm now ready to through myself from a cliff

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

actually everything is mountains

source: im a mountain

https://youtu.be/iW1jxJ6ISks

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Oh, are we doing cursed youtube links again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrG3SKT3po

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

gently caress yeah, that's such a great tune :hai:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

System Metternich posted:

gently caress yeah, that's such a great tune :hai:

:hai: :black101:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013
Happy Holidays, Deutschgoons!

For reasons that are not important I will have to go to Sumpfstadt in between the holidays. As it is a decently sized City, I presume that it has some decent "ethnic" restaurants. I am under the impression that some of you esteemed Pfostierers are actually from the area or have lived there.

I could really go for some (North-)Indian so if any you have any recommendations for good (i.e. properly spicy) restaurants in that vein, that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Happy Holidays, Deutschgoons!

For reasons that are not important I will have to go to Sumpfstadt in between the holidays. As it is a decently sized City, I presume that it has some decent "ethnic" restaurants. I am under the impression that some of you esteemed Pfostierers are actually from the area or have lived there.

I could really go for some (North-)Indian so if any you have any recommendations for good (i.e. properly spicy) restaurants in that vein, that would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

:chloe:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

The only mountain related video I know

https://youtu.be/Mv8auh0x1AU

is strangely on topic.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pidan posted:

The only mountain related video I know

https://youtu.be/Mv8auh0x1AU

is strangely on topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDqxvHSPu5c

The only real mountain related video. :colbert:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Recklinghausen, Verkehrsunfall, Nachmittag? Klarer Fall, der Kerl heißt Hans Schmidt, ist Katholik and gebürtiger Bayer.

Fall gelöst. :colbert:

az
Dec 2, 2005

Imagine being that much of a winner that you're subscribed to local police twitters.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm the guy who wants to see the Dunkelheit more klarer

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm the guy who wants to see the Dunkelheit more klarer

Thank you for your Leave vote.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Randler posted:

Thank you for your Leave vote.

I'm not a UK person so I couldn't have voted Leave (and I wouldn't have). :)

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

why do people keep redacting public posts?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

haldolium posted:

In Germany? The country where parents are told they're not allowed to make pictures of their kids at a school play to protect the children? Because Germany.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

haldolium posted:

The only useful information on the redacted account is that it claims to be from Leipzig and I'm pretty sure that's not coming as a surprise to anybody.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

haldolium posted:

danger of someone stalking the guy to teach him a lessons or something? lots of hosed up psychotic people on the internet

(i dunno, it wasn't me who did all of them redactin')

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

haldolium posted:

because lynch mobs are pretty uncool

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
fun fact, dude in question was part of a lynch mob on behalf of Reconquista Germanica

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAbab8aP4_A

az
Dec 2, 2005

old internet: lmao i can be a total shitmonger because its anonymous lmao
new internet: help im posting hateful poo poo under my real name dont doxx me you fascist lieberals

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

az posted:

old internet: lmao i can be a total shitmonger because its pseudonymous lmao
new internet: help im posting hateful poo poo under my real name dont doxx me you fascist lieberals

Nur weil es die Namenlosen Tage sind, heißt dass nicht, dass wir hier im Deutschlandfaden schludern können. :colbert:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

Nur weil es die Namenlosen Tage sind, heißt dass nicht, dass wir hier im Deutschlandfaden schludern können. :colbert:

:shuckyes:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Das wohl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

az posted:

old internet: lmao i can be a total shitmonger because its anonymous lmao

i feel ya, but even you, the gold standard of tasteful posting and decorum, have made enough "insensitive" jokes over the years that some brokebrained idiot on this very forum might call your employer, family and Bild Zeitung over them one day. so let's not go down this road.

one of the problems of mob justice is that a substantial part of the mob is just batshit insane. it's like a rabid dog you trained to bite nazis. it's mostly biting nazis now, but sooner or later it's gonna eat some baby's face :iiapa: