Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

I now get ads in the Google notes app

Scroogled again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dodoman posted:

I now get ads in the Google notes app

Scroogled again

i think more likely you accidentally elected to share to keep in the horribly broken share dialog

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
"The Field Guide to Understanding Human Error"
in an android screenshot

a little too on the nose i think

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
welp it is my mistake, apparently it converted a URL to that little box

i should've gone through and actually checked it, so in short

infernal machines posted:

"The Field Guide to Understanding Human Error"
in an android screenshot

a little too on the nose i think

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

LastInLine posted:

i think more likely you accidentally elected to share to keep in the horribly broken share dialog

yeah no sane marketer would want to put ads in keep because lol who the gently caress uses that poo poo

(it me)

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I use it to keep a list of new words I've learnt/want to learn plus keep a list of my mom's medication handy.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
my job gave me a oneplus 6. folks, these phones are simply getting too big

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Instant Grat posted:

time to update your resume

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

have you considered growing larger hands?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you should quit for being given a oneplus on principle.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Instant Grat posted:

you should ask them for a real iphone next time

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

infernal machines posted:

you should ask them for a real phone next time

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
this is better than an iphone. it has a 3.5mm jack

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Instant Grat posted:

this is better than an iphone. it has a 3.5mm jack

how quaint. does it have a 5.25" floppy disk drive as well?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Soricidus posted:

how quaint. does it have a 5.25" floppy disk drive as well?

why, can i plug my headphones into one of those

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

what ROM did you flash?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The one you get when you tap "System updates" in the settings menu

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Instant Grat posted:

why, can i plug my headphones into one of those

no, it’s like an sd card but with warmer sound

what you probably really want is an rs-232 port. that will let you plug in a wide range of useful peripherals.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

The one you get when you tap "System updates" in the settings menu

better use an anti-malware program

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

on your telephone. android lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

after we got acquired by sarnsung all our work phones became some crappy anroid without google services so you can’t even use the play store without flashing a new rom

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Oneplus 5 got scheduled "do not disturb" with the android pie update. Before that i had to use a physical slider. And if i remembered to turn on dnd in the evening, i definitely didn't remember to turn it off in the morning, so i missed all my calls and messages.

Anroid lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--XMHZDsQB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/bn1cbu2sqjso75sih7cy.mp4

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Soricidus posted:

what you probably really want is an rs-232 port. that will let you plug in a wide range of useful peripherals.

is that what your mom has?

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Keep's shared shopping list function is decent.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wheany posted:

Oneplus 5 got scheduled "do not disturb" with the android pie update. Before that i had to use a physical slider. And if i remembered to turn on dnd in the evening, i definitely didn't remember to turn it off in the morning, so i missed all my calls and messages.

Anroid lol

ever since dnd came to android in 2014 its had scheduling and when you turned it on it would prompt you right then and there to say when you wanted it to turn off or it would do so with the next alarm

i mean oneplus makes trash so no surprises but android has done this correctly for half a decade

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Keep's shared shopping list function is decent.

it is so google removed the google assistant integration in favor of a completely different product

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

LastInLine posted:

ever since dnd came to android in 2014 its had scheduling and when you turned it on it would prompt you right then and there to say when you wanted it to turn off or it would do so with the next alarm

i mean oneplus makes trash so no surprises but android has done this correctly for half a decade

i know, my previous phone had the scheduled thing, oneplus 5 only had the physical switch, without even the option of a schedule until the latest update. the support forums were full of people complaining about it when i made a "seriously?" google search

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

also gently caress rounded corners on displays, they're almost as bad as having a notch

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wheany posted:

i know, my previous phone had the scheduled thing, oneplus 5 only had the physical switch, without even the option of a schedule until the latest update. the support forums were full of people complaining about it when i made a "seriously?" google search

oh yeah i forgot the op5 was made with a switch like the iphone had and then google changed the way muting worked right when it released breaking it lmao

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

LastInLine posted:

it is so google removed the google assistant integration in favor of a completely different product

lmbo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

oh yeah i forgot the op5 was made with a switch like the iphone had and then google changed the way muting worked right when it released breaking it lmao

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

LastInLine posted:

Anroid.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

looks good

Wheany posted:

also gently caress rounded corners on displays, they're almost as bad as having a notch

wrong bitch

LastInLine posted:

lol owned

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Wheany posted:

whoa

i just payed attention up close on my mac and it is perfectly square.

rip real macs

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Wheany posted:

:yeah:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sniep posted:

whoa

i just payed attention up close on my mac and it is perfectly square.

rip real macs

ya they changed that a while back. rip in deed

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

now that it is possible to get security updates consistently without chasing the latest version it is just annoying to wake my phone and discover that suddenly exactly half the ui has rounded corners and the clock has moved to the other side of the screen for no reason or actual benefit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

now that it is possible to get security updates consistently

when did you buy an iphone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

android one *is* an actually good thing, improving on a key issue with android