Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Fact: Italy has dogs

However, they didn’t have dogs until 2005, well after Vento Aureo takes place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Tarezax posted:

Didn't know those had populations in Florence.

That is clearly the famous Italian city of Vienna.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Whose Stand is this.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
STAND NAME [ DOGSONG ]

STAND MASTER [ TOBY FOX ]

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there going to be a new episode tomorrow?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crunchyroll doesn't have any notice about it skipping a week, so probably.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

That's not a dog, that a Viennese Canal Chinchilla. It's a commonly made mistake, don't beat yourself up over it.

lol I googled this

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there going to be a new episode tomorrow?

afaik theres some tweets from the japanese side that says its happening so it should be up tomorrow

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Of everything that has ever happened in Jojo, this episode stretched my suspension of disbelief the most.

e: :siren: there's a post-credits scene.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
everything that happened in this episode was scientific :colbert:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like how two people in this episode were like "Giorno is asspull bullshit."

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And this episode shows just how batshit insane the main cast is.
Sure, Josuke swallowed a glove in order to trap a stand inside it.

But compare that to the things they did this episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:stonk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will always love Abbachio smugly telling a dude "yes stay down it's easier to kick you" before getting owned.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seems like it's next week that's off for New Year.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Something about Giorno rolling around on the ground screaming after stabbing himself with his own stand while Fugo declares his undying respect for him, while Abbacchio bleeds out in the corner is endlessly amusing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Purple Haze is loving terrifying

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

jojofights.jpg

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I will always love Abbachio smugly telling a dude "yes stay down it's easier to kick you" before getting owned.

I love the "ah damnit I am missing a hand, I'm gonna have to kick your rear end later Giorno"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The gang just assumes they're going to die in any given fight and are surprised when they live with only some minor dismemberment

Gio could've used his animal tracking thing to figure out where Illuso was in the mirror world and then beat the poo poo out of him with a brick but that wouldn't have been nearly as cool/bullshit

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Giorno is king bullshit of jojo and I'm here for it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Abbacchio pulled off a bit of bullshit himself with that flying hand trick. Not to mention Moody Blues turning into him perfectly without the playback timer on its forehead and also being able to talk about a situation that was currently happening rather than playing back something Abbacchio previously said.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dragonwagon posted:

Anime-only people, please share your theories on what kind of vehicle you think the key is for.

Some sort of dirigible coated in a heavier metal skin than one might expect

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I am just gonna requote this, because during every scene in todays episode with Giorno, I could only think of the Copyright Free Giorno. He didn't emote much, spoke in a very cryptic way and basically was one "I have a dream" from being an exact replica of the Stockphoto Giorno.

Plus today's fight is exactly as bullshit as "you can't move more than three meters from a baguette".

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Abbacchio pulled off a bit of bullshit himself with that flying hand trick. Not to mention Moody Blues turning into him perfectly without the playback timer on its forehead and also being able to talk about a situation that was currently happening rather than playing back something Abbacchio previously said.

I just thought that it was Moody Blues turning into Abbacio with 00:00:00 delay. We got to hear more of his sounds and once again DavidProd knocks this out of the park, a VCR beating the poo poo out of folks is terrifying. However the :stonk:-award goes to, without a doubt, Purple Haze.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, looking back, there was a rewinding sound on the hand, so I guess he used his power there.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with the moody blues thing i've always thought of it as that imitating himself is an incredibly easy thing to do for him so it doesn't require all the usual stuff that playing back another person would entail

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was expecting Gio to have created and infected a fake hand to survive that trick instead of....that chain of "wait, what?"s.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wrestlepig posted:

Giorno is king bullshit of jojo and I'm here for it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Giorno is worse than Part 2 Joseph, haha. I honestly forgot all the bullshit he pulls.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Isn't anti-venom for, y'know, venom rather than viruses?

I forgot what happened in this fight so what i thought was happening was that Giorno had infected himself with a different disease that he had created using Gold Experience to trick Illuso into leaving so Purple Haze could kill him. I like that idea better than bricks having a natural immunity to viruses.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Dragonwagon posted:

I'm going to go with one of those railroad pump trolleys you see in 19th century period pieces.

Presumably it's considered safe because the operator of the vehicle automatically dodges all Stand attacks with their constant, rhythmic pumping motion.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I don't think anyone will guess right but here's a clue: it has shown up in JoJo previously.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Star Platinum punches hard and fast, is tanky, and can stop time. Crazy Diamond can also punch hard and fast, as well as fix things that aren't Josuke.

Gold Experience can life punch people to have their souls jump out of their body. And also turn things into animals. And also reflect the damage those animals take. And also accelerate the lifespan of living things like trees. And also...

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
giving a character the ability around the concept of life energy is the most foolproof way to make intense bullshit and it's great

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Like, why is the snake half brick? None of this makes any sense and I'm glad I don't remember it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Asked the anime-only guy I'm watching this with, and he said 'a jewelry box'

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darko posted:

I like how two people in this episode were like "Giorno is asspull bullshit."

Giorno's dumb power that makes no sense is made better by Abbacchio openly saying his power is dumb and makes no sense

of course Abbacchio also loving hates him, but still

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 28, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Giorno's dumb power that makes no sense is made better by Abbacchio openly saying his power is dumb and makes no sense

of courser Abbacchio also loving hates him, but still

"At first, I thought he was just some guy I just can't understand."

"Now he's just some guy with a power I just can't understand."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The snake brick was made from a brick that was exposed to purple hazes virus, meaning it was naturally resistant to the virus
Its so simple