Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Somewhat Heroic posted:

You have had some of the most eclectic and never disappointing automotive choices. I don’t think a single one could be classified as boring.

This is my sixth RX7 and second FB. My older son and I are working on this together and he wants it as his first car (he’s almost 13).

I put the new wheels on it today and new tires since the stock 13’s left me wanting for something decent and the tires on the wheels that came with the car were cracked to hell regardless.

Stock carb is sorta iffy. It drives ok but the vacuum secondaries don’t always want to open, and it takes a while to warm up since all the cold start stuff was removed in the past. Trying to keep this a fairly low budged build but I might spring for a set of 48IDA carbs since the Nikki is meh.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Beats the old Rugger for speed, beats the Prado for comfort. Guess this one is going to be our main car for a while.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another new addition even though it’s not technically a car. My son has been bugging me to get a kart since I sold the last one and I worked out a trade with a friend. Built predator motor. Currently set up for gas but my friend has the jets fo alcohol should I choose to change. Put new fuel lines on it today and fired it up!

Came with this nice stand/kart as well

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

My son will never have one of these

unless I can fit in it too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

DropShadow posted:

My son will never have one of these

unless I can fit in it too.

Challenge accepted

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The Imperadorinho there looks bigger than dad already.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Finally snagged one of these. 1988 Mitsubishi Delica L300 Exceed. 4x4 5 speed manual turbo diesel van with sick graphics. God I love the decals in the 80s-90s. We'll see what it's like in a couple months :v:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 10, 2018

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
You're giving me PTSD flashbacks to driving those back at my first job (mostly the normal 2wd but for some inexplicable reason they had one 4wd as well)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

dissss posted:

You're giving me PTSD flashbacks to driving those back at my first job (mostly the normal 2wd but for some inexplicable reason they had one 4wd as well)

Throw out everything you know about cab over trucks and vans because here in the US of A they are cool as all hell. The goofy drum-brakes-in-front-OPTIONAL-passenger-sun-visor Bongo is adored, and it's the most basic of basic trucks. L300 Delicas are seemingly the pinnacle. #vanlife

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
fwiw there's a really chill dude that drives one in my city and he looks a lot happier than the guy that drives the HiAce

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
My Volvo 240 and a nice Mercedes TD I parked next to at the W.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
That 245 is beautiful

Which reminds me, I gotta get mine back on the road.

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
Well I just bought this thing

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog
PLEASE tell me there is a Jaguar thread.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Exhaust valves set to open please sir.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

powermac posted:

I don't think so but that's a mighty sharp car.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

powermac posted:

Well I just bought this thing

F Type is one of the most beautiful modern cars. I have to ask- 4, 6, or 8?

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog

Modus Man posted:

F Type is one of the most beautiful modern cars. I have to ask- 4, 6, or 8?

6, which I think is the sweet spot. I’ve driven an SVR, and it’s amazing but terrifying. Coming from a B8 S4, I’m having to relearn how to drive a RWD toy.

powermac
Jan 10, 2011

I GET NO SPAM
dvorakdotorgslashblog

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Exhaust valves set to open please sir.

My neighbors hate me.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

powermac posted:

My neighbors hate me.

I can imagine: best-looking C pillar in the industry and all you do is give us a whiff of it? For shame, sir. For shame.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Found a rare unicorn. An slk350 with a manual! Figured it is almost Christmas..

URL=http://s271.photobucket.com/user/unsoberman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2018-12/20181218_172055_zpsskkgz52t.jpg.html][/URL]

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I miss my SLK55 sometimes, it was a fun car to cruise around in.

Also wow photobucket is just the worst.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Also wow photobucket is just the worst.

Please don’t give those fuckers any business, and definitely no money.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I thought the Bongo was about Ranger/S-10 sized but I was incorrect. Look how much more bed I have though :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
honestly i thought you were transporting a light pole

e: or the world's best emergency flashers

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I took it for its first cruise right after taking the video. One of those "worth it" drives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T8YIZwgGZ8

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

clutchpuck posted:

I took it for its first cruise right after taking the video. One of those "worth it" drives.

Definitely sounds like valve tick you got there sonny boy.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I thought the Bongo was about Ranger/S-10 sized but I was incorrect. Look how much more bed I have though :v:

Yeah, I need that truck.

clutchpuck posted:

Sounds good! Gonna need a couple revs there, though.

TheFonz posted:

:getout:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

clutchpuck posted:

Nice diesel you got there

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

clutchpuck posted:

Wow that really isn’t any quieter than my random-rear end straight pipe setup. Sounds great.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

TheFonz posted:

Minor leak at the header gasket. I'm gonna squeeze it down more before I drive it again I think

cursedshitbox posted:

Nice diesel you got there

Gas V10

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 28, 2018

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

clutchpuck posted:

Minor leak at the header gasket. I'm gonna squeeze it down more before I drive it again I think

That's good. I hear valve springs are hard to get right on those.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

TheFonz posted:

Thanks, I'll be extra careful. I have no idea how old the cam chain is too

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

powermac posted:

You can post about it in my british car thread where i talk about my lotus and my bentley.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

TheFonz posted:

Have you priced out a head gasket for one? Geeze. They act like they don't even exist.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I don't think it's funny to joke about the parts that don't even exist! Anyone know where I can get some rebuilt rear GSL calipers?

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme

Picked up a 2016 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI estate to replace my 10-year old Mazda 2. Even though on paper the power in both cars is the same (86 vs 90 hp) the 25% extra torque the turbo engine produces makes the Seat much faster than the Mazda. The Ibiza is based on Audi A1 and previous gen VW Polo and the estate model has its boot extended about 20 cm.

Overall these supermini estates are winding down due to low sales, 2016 was the last year Seat made the estate model, and everyone else but Renault and Skoda have stopped making them and replaced them with small crossovers (which might have the exact same boot space as the regular supermini one). Skoda would have been my first choice but they were out of my price range (I test drove one that I could afford and it had the weakest 1.0 MPI engine and no cruise control) and Renaults model seemed iffy on the reliability scale (10% fail their state inspection during warranty time).

Mazda had better steering and gearbox but I can manage with the Seat. The headlights are worse than in the Mazda which is an achievement on itself so I'm replacing the current long-life bulbs with brighter ones with shorter life for the grimdark winter of southern Finland. Also I'm using the PO's studded winter tires this winter but for the next winter I'm getting fresh studless winter tires to help the road noise.

Rosoboronexport fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 29, 2018

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 1, 2019

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

PA plate but not covered in salt. Fake news!

Love the color and wheel combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Imperador do Brasil posted:

PA plate but not covered in salt. Fake news!

Love the color and wheel combo.

You want salt? This is after 3 hours on the highway. Apparently Nova Scotia's highway salt policy is "as much as loving possible"