Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Artistically, admittedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe they're going for an "oopsy, the warheads look so similar! it was a total accident! You can't blame us for an accident" when one goes off in Ukraine.

Maybe they'll try to claim it was someone else?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1078395493032644608?s=21

:pisstape:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Doc Hawkins posted:

Maybe they'll try to claim it was someone else?

Trying to accuse Russia of doing anything these days is like playing Clue with drunk relatives.

Hexyflexy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 28, 2018

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CufwRGsVLhU

The ending with Melania :perfect:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Late to the discussion but being on the board of directors of loving Theranos should alone be enough to disqualify Mattis from elected office

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

from the comments:

"Du. Du hast. Du hast die. Du hast die Mauer. Du hast die Mauer gebaut."

"du hast die Mauer gebaut, und nicht gezahlt."

:lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Married for love.

Really!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Yeah. She was in playboy or something like that in the 90s. She was also an illegal immigrant who married a rich man and had an anchor baby.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
And who says there isn't benefits to legalized sex work

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It's a bad fit for Mattis because it goes against pretty much his entire philosophy. The only reason why he left the private sector grift he was running is because all of the other picks for SECDEF would have been absolutely horrible. The dude doesn't want to run the country.

I thought Mattis was teaching at Stanford after he retired?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
He was on the Theranos board and before he retired was pushing for Theranos to do all the testing for the DoD. So standard flag officer DoD grift. Doesn't make him worse than any other flag officer that came before him and certainly not after.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Vasudus posted:

He was on the Theranos board and before he retired was pushing for Theranos to do all the testing for the DoD. So standard flag officer DoD grift. Doesn't make him worse than any other flag officer that came before him and certainly not after.

Theranos and Trump administration. Really questioning that man's strategic decision making

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Aggressively pushing Theranos on the DOD was dumb since it doesn't work at all.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Theranos and Trump administration. Really questioning that man's strategic decision making

Democrats are the ones who need to be questioned. Bush makes a negative remark about Trump and his approval with Democrats goes over 50%. Mattis resigns because Trump is pulling troops out and they want to put him on the ticket.

Come on.

Remember when we acted like Melania was a hostage and not a terrible human being because she pushed Trump's hand away?

Cyks fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 28, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Aggressively pushing Theranos on the DOD was dumb since it doesn't work at all.

Hey, at least he got used to working with people under criminal investigation!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I mean this is 100% bog standard poo poo for senior officers and most certainly for flag officers. It doesn't even raise an eyebrow for me. Go look at any of the aerospace firms and count the number of USAF colonels and above, or medical consulting for medical officers, and so on. I'm not trying to justify it or even remotely imply that it's acceptable, but I don't like that the sun gets too hot and that's about as likely to change as the revolving doors of government/private (or academia)/repeat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cyks posted:

Democrats are the ones who need to be questioned. Bush makes a negative remark about Trump and his approval with Democrats goes over 50%. Mattis resigns because Trump is pulling troops out and they want to put him on the ticket.

Come on.

Remember when we acted like Melania was a hostage and not a terrible human being because she pushed Trump's hand away?

He's pulling out for all the wrong reasons. Y'all thinking like the next election is going to be normal. No, this is going to be a Trump show and you need remove as much popular support as possible because he's going to poo poo wildly all over his competition.

And it's gonna work.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hexyflexy posted:

From the very little I've heard in the public domain about the airforce SBIRS satellites and their coverage, I think it's less likely you can't see the thing, you probably can - it's that one of those things launching looks like any small missile / aircraft launching in infra red, so gleaning any data about whether some source the system sees is something truly nasty is impossible.

Until you see it streaking over Germany at 5000mph. Can't think how you'd get around that.

Now we just need the stompy mech to launch it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I can't think of a worse electoral strategy for Democrats than chasing the "gets angry about Colin Kaepernick" vote

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Vasudus posted:

I mean this is 100% bog standard poo poo for senior officers and most certainly for flag officers. It doesn't even raise an eyebrow for me. Go look at any of the aerospace firms and count the number of USAF colonels and above, or medical consulting for medical officers, and so on. I'm not trying to justify it or even remotely imply that it's acceptable, but I don't like that the sun gets too hot and that's about as likely to change as the revolving doors of government/private (or academia)/repeat.

yea it's depressingly common just laughing at how bad he is at finding something stable to grift off of

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I can't think of a worse electoral strategy for Democrats than chasing the "gets angry about Colin Kaepernick" vote

Not chasing it diffuse it.

It's low effort so you can focus on bringing on new voters who sat on the fence last time.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Me neither but they have some time to surprise us.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Richard Overton, the 112-year-old WWII veteran passed away today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyfCGDnuWs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

the horror!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah. She was in playboy or something like that in the 90s. She was also an illegal immigrant who married a rich man and had an anchor baby.

Wow the system works!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I knew all that but the playboy. I'm not surprised though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

I knew all that but the playboy. I'm not surprised though.

I dont blame her for trying to make a dollar off her body, a girl's gotta eat, but the Right's push to make her a paragon of virtue and class is just hilarious.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This headline takes some loving turns.

https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1078298271074795523

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mr. Nice! posted:

didn’t he also bring her parents here through obviously legal and appropriate channels

all that poo poo makes me laugh so hard when it comes to the “caravan invasion!” Etc. But hey, they’re not brown so...

Like I’m first gen and here because of illegal immigration yet parents are still hardcore anti any of that. “It was different times, you see!”

Yeah, and still illegal

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So does that dudes eye socket

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
What the hell is this?

https://twitter.com/EricKlinenberg/status/1078474572834504704

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Aurora borealis?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I'd say it's a concert but it also looks just like the transformers I saw exploding during Hurricane Sandy

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Fister Roboto posted:

Aurora borealis?

Not at that speed, looks like the reflection from a big concert light show.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fister Roboto posted:

Aurora borealis?

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within the Isle of Manhattan?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NYCFireWire/status/1078476292914323457

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within the Isle of Manhattan?

Yes!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

jerman999 posted:

What the hell is this?

What happens when you don't listen to kid sinister's advice in the Wiring Thread, obviously.

Best video I've seen: https://twitter.com/tara_arianna/status/1078475450802978817

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

New Avengers movie looking good.