Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
What would be nice is research for the beasts with a shiny, and also re releasing the raids with shiny chances...for like 2 weeks or something.

Instead, after the next two months of crap, well get "3 months of regi, individually, then another month with all 3!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The only legendaries of this reprise I had were entei and articuno. Every research has given entei or articuno fml

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Sykic posted:

I'd like a Kyogre sometime this century, Niantic :argh:

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Sykic posted:

I'd like a Kyogre sometime this century, Niantic :argh:

Kyogre was at least back for like a week in the summer. Rayquaza and Groudon have never been back, and I want them so much.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza will come back... alongside all three Regis, Birds, Dogs plus Shedinja.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Hey, if I get "cant authenticate" messages for three days straight, does it mean im banned?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It would legit be cool if there was a random research from stops that could encounter any pokemon in the game at equal odds. Make it something like catch 50 pokemon or spin 30 stops or something.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey, if I get "cant authenticate" messages for three days straight, does it mean im banned?

Porbably not

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000646483--Failed-to-Authenticate-error-when-logging-into-Pok%C3%A9mon-GO

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

On the upside Zapdos sticks around till February and is the only one I still need. :woop:

:same: and I don't really mind the chance of getting any legendary birb as a shiny either.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I picked up all 6 of the birds and beasts as weekly research rewards, have 4 or 5 of each now, so adding Lugia and Ho'oh is great because I don't have either.

Looking forward to getting 9 straight Articunos.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
So coming in very late: I played some back in 2016, have some mon with that “Caught in 2016” tag, currently level 25, caught up on most of the gym/research changes and additions but I no idea really what I’m doing w/r/t friends and trading beyond “probably don’t trade anything just yet”. Is there a tldr for dos and don’ts with the friend spreadsheet, sending and opening gifts, etc? tia :kiddo:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So coming in very late: I played some back in 2016, have some mon with that “Caught in 2016” tag, currently level 25, caught up on most of the gym/research changes and additions but I no idea really what I’m doing w/r/t friends and trading beyond “probably don’t trade anything just yet”. Is there a tldr for dos and don’ts with the friend spreadsheet, sending and opening gifts, etc? tia :kiddo:

Not really, you may want to post when you're close to hitting ultra or best friends with someone in case they want to try sync lucky eggs for double XP but its not that big of a deal with "internet friends" and no one will really complain if you don't (unless it's Dr Tran)

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Add your name to the spreadsheet and add some people, it's useful to have long-distance friends in some circumstances. Just send and open gifts as you get them. You probably want to search '[my city here] pokemon go discord' as well to search for the local discord and add some local friends/find raids to join. You probably have some facebook friends playing the game too if you want to enable that feature

Sort your pokemon list by date and look through all your July and August 2016 pokemon. Pick the 10 best ones, they are going to be guaranteed lucky in any trade you make (and any pokemon you get will in that trade will be lucky as well), which is very valuable. People will probably pay you handsomely for those, whenever you're ready just post in the trade channel of your discord that you got 10 guaranteed lucky mons and state what mons you're looking for, assuming your July/August 2016 pokemon are not rattata's and pidgey's I bet you could get some legendaries or whatever else you're looking for for 'em.

edit: this trading guide is pretty good if you want to read through it

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/friendship-trading-and-gifting-guide

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 28, 2018

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I had this and it was fixed after clearing Pokemon Go's cache. You have to remember what a well-designed app this is.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A local (closed) pub became a gym last night. I walked past with a friend about 10.30, no stop no gym. Walked back an hour later, now there’s a gym there and the stop at a church 50yds away has gone. Weird. Means we’ve now got two gyms and three stops in the village, all within a few metres of one another and gently caress all everywhere else.

I’ve got a perfect IV max level porygon Z with hidden power and solar beam. Worth TMing either of those?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Add your name to the spreadsheet and add some people, it's useful to have long-distance friends in some circumstances. Just send and open gifts as you get them. You probably want to search '[my city here] pokemon go discord' as well to search for the local discord and add some local friends/find raids to join. You probably have some facebook friends playing the game too if you want to enable that feature

Sort your pokemon list by date and look through all your July and August 2016 pokemon. Pick the 10 best ones, they are going to be guaranteed lucky in any trade you make (and any pokemon you get will in that trade will be lucky as well), which is very valuable. People will probably pay you handsomely for those, whenever you're ready just post in the trade channel of your discord that you got 10 guaranteed lucky mons and state what mons you're looking for, assuming your July/August 2016 pokemon are not rattata's and pidgey's I bet you could get some legendaries or whatever else you're looking for for 'em.

edit: this trading guide is pretty good if you want to read through it

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/friendship-trading-and-gifting-guide

As a corollary to this assuming you are getting pokemon you or the other trader don't have you will be spending a lot of stardust so get to stardust farming.

Personally it's time for me to hold this fonal research task in my pocket for Jan 1 to hopefully get a Lugia.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

NTRabbit posted:

I picked up all 6 of the birds and beasts as weekly research rewards, have 4 or 5 of each now, so adding Lugia and Ho'oh is great because I don't have either.

Looking forward to getting 9 straight Articunos.

:same:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
So I realized I gave Shadow Ball to 2 of my Mewtwos that didn't have 15 atk, I was too focused on the IV %. Does Mewtwo have a DPS breakpoint at 15 atk? From one calc I found it doesn't seem to be much of a difference between 13 and 15 atk.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fake James posted:

So I realized I gave Shadow Ball to 2 of my Mewtwos that didn't have 15 atk, I was too focused on the IV %. Does Mewtwo have a DPS breakpoint at 15 atk? From one calc I found it doesn't seem to be much of a difference between 13 and 15 atk.

The move is the important part, don't sweat it

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Mewtwo has a high enough attack that IVs don't matter in almost all cases. If you're short manning a raid, maybe something has a breakpoint you might mossy, but who cares. Power them up anyways.

Power it up and use it. Even a lovely Mewtwo overpowers things with similar moved.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I've yet to get a moltres from this month's pool and it's the only one I'm missing from the current lot. I look forward to adding lugia and ho-oh to that list next month..

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Heading out to do an EX raid in the middle of a blizzard at a war memorial with no shelter nearby.

This is insane. :stare:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BGrifter posted:

Heading out to do an EX raid in the middle of a blizzard at a war memorial with no shelter nearby.

at least the deoxys fight will take all of 17 seconds

but you're nuts.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

BGrifter posted:

Not a blizzard, but it was 27 F for my Deoxys raid today.
Glad I could get to the gym from my car.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Over twenty people came out. :stare:

He died in a blink, catch happened pretty quick! Not great IVs but I don’t care.

Another off the list. :woop:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Super Incubators for Hatching 7km/10km Eggs in an Attempt to get Riolu $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

i'll trade you my spare riolu for $3600

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Utility $150
Ramen, scale down your data plan, get a cheaper apartment and turn down the temperature, that's about all I can recommend. Everything else seems reasonable.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
You only get riolus from 10km adventure sync eggs at the end of the week

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I know, but boy I wish I got more than Trapinch from the ones I've gotten from adventure sync.

:negative:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

mastershakeman posted:

You only get riolus from 10km adventure sync eggs at the end of the week

I've read reports that this isn't true anymore but it could be that the people have mixed up their eggs.

Also my Riolu didn't come from AS, it was just a random 10k I picked up

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You can get riolus from any 10k or 7k during this event, but you are guaranteed to get shinx or riolu from a 10k adventure sync egg

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

BabyRyoga posted:

You can get riolus from any 10k or 7k during this event, but you are guaranteed to get shinx or riolu from a 10k adventure sync egg

you were guaranteed a shinx or a riolu from 10k adventure sync. that's changed now unfortunately.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Thanks for the info on Mewtwo! I figured it was fine no matter what, but I just wanted to be sure before I push them up to 30 or even 40.

On the topic of adventure sync rewards, on Monday I had 2 open egg spots, hit 55km for the week, and was not rewarded with a 10km. Urgh.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Xinder posted:

you were guaranteed a shinx or a riolu from 10k adventure sync. that's changed now unfortunately.

Well, no reason to bother with having egg slots open I guess.

An another note, my first EX raid turned out a pretty lovely Deoxys which was a bummer, but the game immediately made up for it in trading and eggs afterwards:

Probably the most insane one-day luck i've had. Cept for Zapdos day

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have like 5 garbage pokemon from July of 2016 do people really trade decent pokemon for these if I can make them lucky

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well since trading can make them less garbage and it's a guaranteed lucky, then sure, might as well. But make sure you're getting a good lucky out of the deal.

I really should think about getting another account, I've done hardly any trades and haven't battled in like a week. Social interaction is lame and all my local community talks about is timing gift openings.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I have like 5 garbage pokemon from July of 2016 do people really trade decent pokemon for these if I can make them lucky

If it were me, i'd give you anything I have extra of for them if they were pokemon I didn't have luckies of already. Luckies are cool.

Find someone who is doing lucky dex and have your pick at minimum 12s in all stats of any pokemon you want x 5

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bagged a shiny artichoke off the research prize which was neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

and the person who helped me via discord also did trades with me to get my pilot badge and to the next stage of the Celebi quest :buddy: