Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1076879159807361024

Mattis is so done with this poo poo show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mattis I’m sure wanted to stay on as long as possible to try and do damage control. This is Trump being a piss baby and outright firing him instead of allowing him to resign with dignity.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mattis I’m sure wanted to stay on as long as possible to try and do damage control. This is Trump being a piss baby and outright firing him instead of allowing him to resign with dignity.
I'm sure Mattis knew it would happen since it's what Trump always does, though.

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/22/trump-mattis-resignation-second-chance-1074499

Jesus, he really does have some sort of cancer in whatever part of the brain is supposed to produce shame

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I wish Trump had all cancers.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Why am I not surprised that Trump got variable-rate loans...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's functionally illiterate, he didn't know the contents of the "gently caress you" letter until he had time to marinate his brain worms in Fox telling him it was a "gently caress you." Now he's pissy pants about it and throwing a tantrum.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah there is no way in hell Turm puzzled his way through Mattis' letter, lol at the image of that

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wish Trump had all cancers.

Don’t be mean to cancer. It doesn’t deserve Trump

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I don't care about his policitics, Rick just as a way with words. :allears:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1076135527802458113

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Charlz Guybon posted:

I don't care about his policitics, Rick just as a way with words. :allears:

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1076135527802458113

ICP are now anti-fascist.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You have a good point. I had forgotten about that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Charlz Guybon posted:

You have a good point. I had forgotten about that.

It's okay to suppress most new things, these past few thousand years since Trump won the election have been kind of wild.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Inductively coupled plasma will certainly bash the fasc into their constituent elemental ions.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Tanking the economy out of pure incompetence, classic Trump move.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1076974996227014656
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1076975432661110784
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1076976766655307778
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1076979449298604032
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1076980445512900608

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 24, 2018

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nice job.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Mnuchin and the other one Kudlow both are liars. I've heard the marketplace host outright say kudlow was lying to him. They are also dumb but not like Trump dumb, just regular person dumb.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
This is Trump trying to pull a "you can't quit! you're fired!" which is...about as petty as we've come to expect of our piss president, honestly.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This is Trump trying to pull a "you can't quit! you're fired!" which is...about as petty as we've come to expect of our piss president, honestly.

Well, at least he should be able to take unemployment now.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Not really "now". They embraced the antifa label but have always been against the core facets of fascism. I mean ICP was burning Confederate flag on stage before it was cool.

I'm from Michigan/Detroit do I have a soft spot for ICP fans, probably because I knew a lot of them in highschool and they're all super working class or below the poverty line and a couple have OD'd and died. Super weird usually but generally good people.

Juggalos are the proletariat.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Tanking the economy out of pure incompetence, classic Trump move.

If I understand this properly, Mnuchin calling the banks to reassure them that the economy is fine but also you guys have enough cash on hand right is causing the banks to think the economy is not fine. Is that correct?

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."

1stGear posted:

If I understand this properly, Mnuchin calling the banks to reassure them that the economy is fine but also you guys have enough cash on hand right is causing the banks to think the economy is not fine. Is that correct?

"Hi, this is the Treasury Secretary. I just wanted to make an unsolicited phone call during the government shutdown and stock market freefall to let you know that we absolutely have enough credit. Absolutely definitely have enough credit. OK, gotta go."

Calls back real quick: "Also, my boss says I'm supposed to tell you the guy in charge of the system which maintains credit and liquidity for all of the nation's bank is a huge douchebag. But yeah, nothing to worry about, have a Merry Christmas."

Lewd Mangabey fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 24, 2018

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

1stGear posted:

The alternative theory is that Mnuchin actually has no idea whether the economy is fine, and since pissbaby has variable rate loans he screamed at Mnuchin to DO SOMETHING and the only thing he could think of is to talk to the banks and ask them to save the economy. Layers upon layers of corruption and ignorance.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

1stGear posted:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1077272063482707969

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1077211351293050880

(And the latter link in detail: https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/12/24/1545650804000/There-s-no-process-left-at-the-White-House/)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1077375011600678912?s=20

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I may not agree with his methods, but withdrawing from belief in Santa is a long time coming.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lewd Mangabey posted:

"Hi, this is the Treasury Secretary. I just wanted to make an unsolicited phone call during the government shutdown and stock market freefall to let you know that we absolutely have enough credit. Absolutely definitely have enough credit. OK, gotta go."

Calls back real quick: "Also, my boss says I'm supposed to tell you the guy in charge of the system which maintains credit and liquidity for all of the nation's bank is a huge douchebag. But yeah, nothing to worry about, have a Merry Christmas."

Who could have predicted this!?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1077236735376048131

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1077638890914308096

Merry Christmas, and by the way we killed another child.

[your signature is being processed. check the notification bar for updates]

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

insert_funny posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1077638890914308096

Merry Christmas, and by the way we killed another child.

I want people to go to jail for this but the best we are going to get is a resignation if anything.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
thats a funny way to spell promotion

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
They rose somewhat pointed, perhaps, against the moonlight, those English pines—more with the shape of cypresses, some might have thought. A stream gushed down between their roots, there were mossy ferns, and rough grey boulders with lichen on them. But there was no dimness, for the silver of the moon sprinkled freely through the branches like the faint sunlight that it really was, and the air ran out to meet them with a heady fragrance that was wiser far than wine.

The girl, in an instant, was whirled from her perch on his shoulders and caught by a dozen arms that bore her into the heart of the jolly, careless throng. Whisht! Whew! Whir! She was gone, but another, fairer still, was in her place, with skins as soft and knees that clung as tightly. Her eyes were liquid amber, grapes hung between her little breasts, her arms entwined about him, smoother than marble, and as cool. She had a crystal laugh.

But he flung her off, so that she fell plump among a group of bigger figures lolling against a twisted root and roaring with a jollity that boomed like wind through the chorus of a song. They seized her, kissed her, then sent her flying. They were happier with their glad singing. They held stone goblets, red and foaming, in their broad-palmed hands.

“The mountains lie behind us!” cried a figure dancing past. “We are come at last into our valley of delight. Grapes, breasts, and rich red lips! Ho! Ho! It is time to press them that the juice of life may run!” He waved a cluster of ferns across the air and vanished amid a cloud of song and laughter.

“It is ours. Use it!” answered a deep, ringing voice. “The valleys are our own. No climbing now!” And a wind of echoing cries gave answer from all sides. “Life! Life! Life! Abundant, flowing over—use it, use it!”

A troop of nymphs rushed forth, escaped from clustering arms and lips they yet openly desired. He chased them in and out among the waving branches, while she who had brought him ever followed, and sped past him and away again. He caught three gleaming soft brown bodies, then fell beneath them, smothered, bubbling with joyous laughter—next freed himself and, while they sought to drag him captive again, escaped and raced with a leap upon a slimmer, sweeter outline that swung up—only just in time—upon a lower bough, whence she leaned down above him with hanging net of hair and merry eyes. A few feet beyond his reach, she laughed and teased him—the one who had brought him in, the one he ever sought, and who for ever sought him too.;...

It became a riotous glory of wild children who romped and played with an impassioned glee beneath the moon. For the world was young and they, her happy offspring, glowed with the life she poured so freely into them. All intermingled, the laughing voices rose into a foam of song that broke against the stars. The difficult mountains had been climbed and were forgotten. Good! Then, enjoy the luxuriant, fruitful valley and be glad! And glad they were, brimful with spontaneous energy, natural as birds and animals that obeyed the big, deep rhythm of a simpler age—natural as wind and innocent as sunshine.

Yet, for all the untamed riot, there was a lift of beauty pulsing underneath. Even when the wildest abandon approached the heat of orgy, when the recklessness appeared excess—there hid that marvellous touch of loveliness which makes the natural sacred. There was coherence, purpose, the fulfilling of an exquisite law: there was worship. The form it took, haply, was strange as well as riotous, yet in its strangeness dreamed innocence and purity, and in its very riot flamed that spirit which is divine.

For he found himself at length beside her once again; breathless and panting, her sweet brown limbs aglow from the excitement of escape denied; eyes shining like a blaze of stars, and pulses beating with tumultuous life—helpless and yielding against the strength that pinned her down between the roots. His eyes put mastery on her own. She looked up into his face, obedient, happy, soft with love, surrendered with the same delicious abandon that had swept her for a moment into other arms. “You caught me in the end,” she sighed. “I only played awhile.”

“I hold you for ever,” he replied, half wondering at the rough power in his voice.

It was here the hush of worship stole upon her little face, into her obedient eyes, about her parted lips. She ceased her wilful struggling.

“Listen!” she whispered. “I hear a step upon the glades beyond. The iris and the lily open; the earth is ready, waiting; we must be ready too! He is coming!”

He released her and sprang up; the entire company rose too. All stood, all bowed the head. There was an instant’s subtle panic, but it was the panic of reverent awe that preludes a descent of deity. For a wind passed through the branches with a sound that is the oldest in the world and so the youngest. Above it there rose the shrill, faint piping of a little reed. Only the first, true sounds were audible—wind and water—the tinkling of the dewdrops as they fell, the murmur of the trees against the air. This was the piping that they heard. And in the hush the stars bent down to hear, the riot paused, the orgy passed and died. The figures waited, kneeling then with one accord. They listened with—the Earth.

“He comes;... He comes ...” the valley breathed about them.

There was a footfall from far away, treading across a world unruined and unstained. It fell with the wind and water, sweetening the valley into life as it approached. Across the rivers and forests it came gently, tenderly, but swiftly and with a power that knew majesty.

“He comes;... He comes;...!” rose with the murmur of the wind and water from the host of lowered heads.

The footfall came nearer, treading a world grown soft with worship. It reached the grove. It entered. There was a sense of intolerable loveliness, of brimming life, of rapture. The thousand faces lifted like a cloud. They heard the piping close. And so He came.

But He came with blessing. With the stupendous Presence there was joy, the joy of abundant, natural life, pure as the sunlight and the wind. He passed among them. There was great movement—as of a forest shaking, as of deep water falling, as of a cornfield swaying to the wind, yet gentle as of a harebell shedding its burden of dew that it has held too long because of love. He passed among them, touching every head. The great hand swept with tenderness each face, lingered a moment on each beating heart. There was sweetness, peace, and loveliness; but above all, there was—life. He sanctioned every natural joy in them and blessed each passion with his power of creation.... Yet each one saw him differently: some as a wife or maiden desired with fire, some as a youth or stalwart husband, others as a figure veiled with stars or cloaked in luminous mist, hardly attainable; others, again—the fewest these, not more than two or three—as that mysterious wonder which tempts the heart away from known familiar sweetness into a wilderness of undecipherable magic without flesh and blood...

To two, in particular, He came so near that they could feel his breath of hills and fields upon their eyes. He touched them with both mighty hands. He stroked the marble breasts, He felt the little hidden horns ... and, as they bent lower so that their lips met together for an instant, He took her arms and twined them about the curved, brown neck that she might hold him closer still....

Again a footfall sounded far away upon an unruined world ... and He was gone—back into the wind and water whence He came. The thousand faces lifted; all stood up; the hush of worship still among them. There was a quiet as of the dawn. The piping floated over woods and fields, fading into silence. All looked at one another. ... And then once more the laughter and the play broke loose.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zalgo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
merry christmas avs

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Mattis is a dumb piece of poo poo killer why are liberals lionizing him? Charles Manson could write a prison letter saying orange man bad and get tearful apologia from you people lol

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Your Parents posted:

Mattis is a dumb piece of poo poo killer why are liberals lionizing him? Charles Manson could write a prison letter saying orange man bad and get tearful apologia from you people lol

Nobody's lionizing him. He was the last adult in the room, so him going will leave Trump almost completely unchecked.

Mattis was terrible but known. As bad as things are, things will get worse without him.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Your Parents posted:

Well, noticing that "rear end in a top hat kept even more dangerous and stupid rear end in a top hat momentarily in check" isn't exactly a mark of approval, just an observation. loving dumb liberals lol

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 28, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Your Parents posted:

Orange Man Bad? Maybe be a little more subtle the next time you spout alt-right memes.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Your Parents posted:

So you admit that he's orange then?

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/12/27/mueller-asks-to-delay-hearing-in-jerome-corsi-lawsuit-citing-shutdown.html

quote:

A federal judge on Thursday denied a request by special counsel Robert Mueller and several other federal agencies to delay an upcoming hearing in a lawsuit brought by Roger Stone-linked conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi.

Government attorneys had argued in a United States district court filing Wednesday that the ongoing government shutdown hamstrung their lawyers by cutting off funding to the Justice Department.

"Absent an appropriation, Department of Justice attorneys are generally prohibited from working, even on a voluntary basis, except in very limited circumstances," they claimed in the filing in Washington, D.C., District Court.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 28, 2018

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
You'd probably know more than me about alt right memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

RuanGacho posted:

So you admit that he's orange then?

I admit he's orange and bad, even.