Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The forums have been having issues today with what I assume is all the goon Christmas traffic. Posts have been disappearing and reappearing.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

Let the record show that pog is posting while probated via what I assume is witchcraft

both in league of legends and the forums, it is an established fact that i never die.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What do against assassins as Karthus. Pressing E only goes so far when assholes like Fizz or Zed can 100-0 me in a second and get away scot-free, even under my tower.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

What do against assassins as Karthus. Pressing E only goes so far when assholes like Fizz or Zed can 100-0 me in a second and get away scot-free, even under my tower.

Passive game under tower.
Don't push at all.

Get Zhonyas.
Press R to win.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

both in league of legends and the forums, it is an established fact that i never die.

True heroes never die.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
got my first pentakill in a long time with annie in an aram. spamming her paying off. gonna play more champions that can get pentakills in 2019

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

got my first pentakill in a long time with annie in an aram. spamming her paying off. gonna play more champions that can get pentakills in 2019

My only two legit pentakills were both in ARAM. One was a Vayne game where I just kinda attack-moved into five people at the 4 item mark, and one was a 4v5 as Jinx where I tried to reset on the minion wave to buy and our Sona took minion aggro, killed half the minions, and delayed our deaths long enough that the enemy team just walked up and won for free.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

take exhaust

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
My only penta ever was in aram where I was fiddle, my team just got screwed in a 4v5, enemies chasing down the last guy, I was walking back from fountain as fiddle so I just pushed R

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Spokes posted:

Yeah it’s wild how the best players in the world have OTHER pros against them in lane who know how to trade/harass on an elite level and they still all hit incredible cs numbers

Keep in mind that you're also looking at like the top 0.01% of people playing the game. Maybe even top 0.001%. I mean, the pros are a few dozen people and how many millions play League?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Don't take cs/min goals seriously in actual games; if you are practicing against the AI or uncontested then sure, you should have like 90 cs minimum at 10 mins. But realistically when you are being contested in lane 70-80 at 10 is fine and you can make up a lot of the difference between 10-20 mins when you get your first buy. Given how snowbally the game still is, you should almost always lose some last hits to shove the wave quickly to roam/get an advantageous back or lose half a wave to tower to roam to other lanes or help your jungler. And if you are in a terrible matchup, you should 100% not overreach for cs and lose xp/tower plating.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They should buff Bard

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
bard is a johnny champ he will lose his appeal if he becomes too strong.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play TT where your cs per minute doesn't matter and you can have 6 cs/min and still be a-okay.

Remember that every TT match you play adds one hour to the life of the game mode. If enough people play it, maybe it won't be deleted!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
TT is just bots and people trying to get first win of the day

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's why you play it ranked with your friends.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Don't take cs/min goals seriously in actual games; if you are practicing against the AI or uncontested then sure, you should have like 90 cs minimum at 10 mins. But realistically when you are being contested in lane 70-80 at 10 is fine and you can make up a lot of the difference between 10-20 mins when you get your first buy. Given how snowbally the game still is, you should almost always lose some last hits to shove the wave quickly to roam/get an advantageous back or lose half a wave to tower to roam to other lanes or help your jungler. And if you are in a terrible matchup, you should 100% not overreach for cs and lose xp/tower plating.
again: kill is roughly 17 cs, assist who loving knows, and tower gold augments your income. do not worry about how much cs you have as long as you have more than the other guy and your item timings are reasonable. sometimes(*) games are lower economy because things get frantic and that is alright. if everyone has no cs, and you have 30 cs by 10 minutes, you are by far the strongest person in the game. if you have no cs and 20 kills, you are by far the strongest person in the game. everything is relative.

*almost never applicable to high diamond+ play, but if you are at that level you probably do not need cs advice anyway

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Keep in mind that you're also looking at like the top 0.01% of people playing the game. Maybe even top 0.001%. I mean, the pros are a few dozen people and how many millions play League?
very high level games do not have the same laning dynamics as lower level games. since people are very perceptive to timing windows at high elo(going to say diamond 3+ here just to throw off a figure but it probably varies from region to region and depending on how late it is in the season), players tend to be less likely to overextend to harass. doing so actually slows down your lane economy, you might be able to procure an advantage, but then you delay your own power spikes, which then makes it harder to synchronize timing windows to force objectives with your team. when you see pro players play very aggressively like that in a way where they miss cs in order to have better attack opportunities, it is an extremely deliberate action and something that is very sharp and noteworthy. watch a high level adc player sometime and you will see exactly what i mean. since high level players are not likely to make stupid positioning mistakes either, the only way to harass is to go out of your way to do it, 90% of the time.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The best game mode is Protect the Nunu. It's a custom 4v4 and each team has a Nunu bot set to beginner. First team to have their Nunu die loses.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Miftan posted:

The best game mode is Protect the Nunu. It's a custom 4v4 and each team has a Nunu bot set to beginner. First team to have their Nunu die loses.

uh wrong idiot the best game mode was hide and seek on crystal scar. reported.

E: Got off the phone with the police.

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 26, 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

bard is a johnny champ he will lose his appeal if he becomes too strong.

Rosewater references should be bannable itt

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Phew... need only 100 more goddamn tokens for the Akali skin.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

you should be above that if youre doing last hitting practice. i wouldnt hold anyone to that unless their lane opponent is basically not in the game. you can probably do it consistently if you outclass your opponent, but then you should just be killing them instead

its funny that you say this but my only game i averaged 10 cs/m in i was playing as singed so my lane opponent basically was not in the game

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ive gotten 200+ cs at 20 minutes many times as singed, tryndamere and ap cho. i had one game with singed where i hit 300 cs at the 20 minute mark by proxy farming multiple lanes and jungling a bit

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im learning orianna and i dont think ive looked at the minimap for the last 10 games :(

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcuRRgmGH0

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that looks like a quadra kill

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

it's a penta but it timed out. still counts imo

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Are there really no OCE goons who play this game :(?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
No

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think I've only had 3 pentas in rank as a mid, if you play adc you probably can get many more. It's funny I don't think won any of those games where I got a penta in ranked.

On a side note I been loving the updated champions such as Akali, Irelia and even Urgot is fun. The older champions don't feel fun to play compared to them, at least for me.

On Riot's update schedule it shows Kayle is next. I wonder if they will give Kayle a dash or blink, they gave Eve a blink when previously her w was a ms buff and Urgot got a small dash even though it doesn't go through walls. If she doesn't get a mobility spell, I am guessing she will have a grounded thing like Singed or Cassio or straight some hard cc in her kit somewhere. I think if she gets hard cc or dash/blink and keeps same dps + invulnerability. She will be pretty strong.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Vi is such a shitwrecker in Nexus Blitz man this game mode owns and so does punching people in the face

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kayle will probably get a different ult because of Master Yi duo boosting tbh

It will free them up to make her carry potential even higher

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Syrinxx posted:

Vi is such a shitwrecker in Nexus Blitz man this game mode owns and so does punching people in the face

Has there ever been a time when Vi has been bad in anything that isn't ARAM? Even there she still punches faces pretty well.

I started around the time she came out and pretty much the entire time she's been good but not all that popular. A shame, really; she's fun.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Firebert posted:

Kayle will probably get a different ult because of Master Yi duo boosting tbh

It will free them up to make her carry potential even higher

they can give her a full set of 4 spells while theyre at it

strong bird
May 12, 2009

kayle spells:

throw a tiny orb
aoe attack?
???????
actually invulnerable spell

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Has there ever been a time when Vi has been bad in anything that isn't ARAM? Even there she still punches faces pretty well.

I started around the time she came out and pretty much the entire time she's been good but not all that popular. A shame, really; she's fun.

Vi got massive buffs over the summer, she was quite bad for like 2 years before then. She's one of the champs that desperately needs a gameplay update but won't get one, her whole kit is held back by her ult being really good for getting to the backline.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I don't think anyone is upset by the urgot rework, he was near mordekaiser levels of unplayed/useless and now he is awesome

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

The people who are the most upset about the urgot rework are probably the same people who insist that old sion was the peak of champ design in both gameplay and aesthetics

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Super Librarian posted:

The people who are the most upset about the urgot rework are probably the same people who insist that old sion was the peak of champ design in both gameplay and aesthetics

The old Sion was in fact the peak of champion design in both gameplay and aesthetics, and I miss him dearly.

e: Petition for Riot to put O. (Name) versions of every reworked champion in the game, properly tuned to be at least modestly playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

The old Sion was in fact the peak of champion design in both gameplay and aesthetics, and I miss him dearly.

e: Petition for Riot to put O. (Name) versions of every reworked champion in the game, properly tuned to be at least modestly playable.

"Properly tuned to be modestly playable" is why they were reworked in the first place you dunce. Not a single one of the reworked champions had a kit that was worth a poo poo unless it was tuned to be completely loving busted.