Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I had gotten the Bond Aston Martin for my birthday a few months back and was pretty impressed at all the gear work that went into it. It was a pretty fun build with very little repetition. The ejector seat especially is quite clever since it actually works 95% of the time. I got the ship in the bottle for Christmas, which was a little disappointing build-wise but looks very cool as a display piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I have quite a few random series 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, and Lego Movie minifigures from the CMF line. I basically found a box of them in the extremely rear of my closet in my more "OMG BUY ALL LEGO ON SALE" hording days of like 2013-14.

I'd love to liquidate these due to money being tight right now, but I'm having a hell of a time offloading them on ebay due to the seller limits on auctions. I basically can only sell 10 things a month which is no bueno for these.

Anyone interested in buying some bulk CMF from this for hopefully not gently caress-gunes pricing? I mean, I probably have like six Cyclops alone. I can post in SA-Mart about this once I make a further inventory.

jeeves fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 28, 2018

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Contact Ebay. It's really easy to get your account bumped up to 50. Just ask.

E: Also, do you have any of the valuable ones?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Waltzing Along posted:

Contact Ebay. It's really easy to get your account bumped up to 50. Just ask.

E: Also, do you have any of the valuable ones?

I guess I should probably find out what are the valuable ones before goons super lowball me huh

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

jeeves posted:

I have quite a few random series 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, and Lego Movie minifigures from the CMF line. I basically found a box of them in the extremely rear of my closet in my more "OMG BUY ALL LEGO ON SALE" hording days of like 2013-14.

I'd love to liquidate these due to money being tight right now, but I'm having a hell of a time offloading them on ebay due to the seller limits on auctions. I basically can only sell 10 things a month which is no bueno for these.

Anyone interested in buying some bulk CMF from this for hopefully not gently caress-gunes pricing? I mean, I probably have like six Cyclops alone. I can post in SA-Mart about this once I make a further inventory.

Would you be willing to sell individuals? Or are these still sealed?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Nth Doctor posted:

Would you be willing to sell individuals? Or are these still sealed?

Sealed basically-- I cut a small slit under the back flap in some of them to double check what they were but then taped them up. I have them all labeled otherwise.

These are basically individuals because otherwise I'd sell the full sets for lots on ebay. I basically have like ~10-15 of each series between 8-12 but a few duplicates.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I had gotten the Bond Aston Martin for my birthday a few months back and was pretty impressed at all the gear work that went into it. It was a pretty fun build with very little repetition. The ejector seat especially is quite clever since it actually works 95% of the time. I got the ship in the bottle for Christmas, which was a little disappointing build-wise but looks very cool as a display piece.

Anyone have the Aston Martin and the (or some) other Creator cars? Does it fit in with the rest? It looks a bit rough in pictures but every other car has looked better in person so maybe this one does too?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

jeeves posted:

I guess I should probably find out what are the valuable ones before goons super lowball me huh

Just look them up on bricklink and see what the average sale price for new is. Those are new, btw.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I got the McLaren Senna Speed Champions set as a gift from a friend and finished it in a night, so now I've bought two more Lego Cars. Looking back on it, Lego is what got me into video editing originally thanks to one of the Lego Studios set when I was a kid, and I really just loved building poo poo with Lego in general. I'm glad I'm getting back into it, it's addicting and a great way to relax before bed.

One bummer for someone who hasn't really looked at Lego since I was a kid is the lack of generic themed sets. Everything is branded, which is fine if you're into those franchises but where are my Pirate and Medieval sets? I realize that's probably where MOC comes in, but I wish I had my old sets from back in the day. :sigh:

Edit: Also I'm horrific with stickers. They never line up properly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Creator line is what you want to look in to for "generic" sets.

They don't really do pirates/castle/space anymore. We did have nexo knights which is kind of a mishmash of everything but as far as I can tell that theme is dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder if they will ever bring any of that back at this point. I know everyone is gaga about Space but I think I'd rather see a new castle line more than anything. I missed all the castle sets post 1994 when I didn't care about Lego. A bunch of them were cool too. At least they aren't super expensive for the most part.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Give Disney another few years of making Star Wars suck and maybe if sales of SW licensed stuff will start to wane to the point where TLG no longer wants to keep paying the licensing fee to make sets and maybe we'll get a cool space line again.

Hell, the last few PotC movies were such hot garbage that the PotC line petered out and maybe we'll get new pirates stuff too.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its too bad lego mostly relies licensed stuff for the themes now, in general i feel like licensed sets are less imaginative, you could even argue that fantasy was replaced with harry potter

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

They did make a old school pirates roller coaster this year.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder if they will ever bring any of that back at this point. I know everyone is gaga about Space but I think I'd rather see a new castle line more than anything. I missed all the castle sets post 1994 when I didn't care about Lego. A bunch of them were cool too. At least they aren't super expensive for the most part.

It really hasn't been that long since the last Castle and Pirates sets. 5 years or so. I imagine there will be new Castle in the next year or two.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Especially if said castle theme had stuff at the quality of hogwarts. I seriously want to stock up on light grey BURPS and do mocs with this level of quality now.

(probably just gonna build hogwarts, admire it for a couple months, then remix it into a more traditional castle)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think the licensed stuff is cool. They mostly do a good job with it. I love my Lego Star Wars stuff. I just wish they didn't abandon all of their non city lines in favor of licensed lines.

I think what Lego should do is ditch the City line in favor of a general System line in which they can encompass City, Space, Castle, Pirates etc. Basically just use it as a moniker to release any classic theme they want under.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
They invented the ninjago line, which fills a bit of the "fighting with swords" as well as "cool sci-fi robots and vehicles" niches. Also, the elves have gotten some nice fantasy locales, including castles, as well as awesome dragons. It's a shame the mini dolls' hands don't rotate, so they can't really have sword fights.

Lego are being creative and original in their designs, not remaking what we grew up with.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm getting sick of Star Wars. They basically make the six or so cool ships from the OT over and over again, each time with some improvements but a much higher price tag, and then a bunch of sets that nobody gives a poo poo about.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I generally agree with looking forward instead of blindly living in the past, but on the other hand, a $10 set with some classic space minifigs brought down their online store while I can't think of a Ninjago set ever managing that.

There's no reason they couldn't have a smaller "nostalgia" series along side their stuff targeted at today's kids.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

For me the problem with the City stuff is how many Police cars can you do? How many firetrucks? It just seems like the same stuff over and over.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I bought a couple of the arctic exploration themed sets today. They're pretty cool.

No orange transparent chainsaws though. :(

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Davros1 posted:

For me the problem with the City stuff is how many Police cars can you do? How many firetrucks? It just seems like the same stuff over and over.

That’s by design, because kids like police cars and fire trucks, and every year there are new kids becoming old enough to want Lego.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

I generally agree with looking forward instead of blindly living in the past, but on the other hand, a $10 set with some classic space minifigs brought down their online store while I can't think of a Ninjago set ever managing that.

There's no reason they couldn't have a smaller "nostalgia" series along side their stuff targeted at today's kids.

This. I don't expect them to go whole hog with their classic lines and replace existing ones or anything. Just do a few sets here and there and it would probably be really novel, sell well and keep the jorts crowd happy.

EvilJoven posted:

I'm getting sick of Star Wars. They basically make the six or so cool ships from the OT over and over again, each time with some improvements but a much higher price tag, and then a bunch of sets that nobody gives a poo poo about.

That's super ok with me. I love the increasing quality of OT stuff, and I love that they release tons of Disney and prequel stuff that I don't have to worry about spending my money on. It's not like they run the OT stuff into the ground that bad anyways. They usually stagger them out pretty drastically. Like, it'd been 6 years since they'd done an OT X-wing before we got the new one and it's much cooler than the last one. if they were just remaking the same poo poo every year I'd get worn out, but I think they show enough restraint to make it feel worthwhile. And it's not like you have to buy the new version of a ship you already have.

I can understand just being sick of Star Wars in general though lol.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 29, 2018

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The City line tries, to be fair. I feel like I've noticed more buildings in sets in recent years, and they've had that geologists/adventurey subline.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

uXs posted:

Anyone have the Aston Martin and the (or some) other Creator cars? Does it fit in with the rest? It looks a bit rough in pictures but every other car has looked better in person so maybe this one does too?

The scale is a bit all over the place. I think the vw bus is a bit too small and the mini is a bit too big. The Aston isn’t bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope ninjago and lego movies get big enough that Lego can just ditch all the licensed stuff and they can do their own lines.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Especially because the sets they put out for their movies are almost always fantastic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cojawfee posted:

I hope ninjago and lego movies get big enough that Lego can just ditch all the licensed stuff and they can do their own lines.

That will never happen

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Supposedly Lego's market research has said that modern children consider pirates overdone and only for babies; they actively resisted the idea of a new Pirates line in testing. Audience tastes change.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

smackfu posted:

The scale is a bit all over the place. I think the vw bus is a bit too small and the mini is a bit too big. The Aston isn’t bad.

Sweet, this is exactly what I was looking for. Doesn't instantly scream 'yes!' or 'no!' to me but I'll let it stew for a bit.

Any reason you don't have the London city bus?

Loxbourne posted:

Supposedly Lego's market research has said that modern children consider pirates overdone and only for babies; they actively resisted the idea of a new Pirates line in testing. Audience tastes change.

My 5-year old nephew would strongly disagree.

minema
May 31, 2011
Staying at the in laws and we went into the loft to look for partners childhood Lego collection, we didn't find it but we DID find about £1000 worth of sealed sets his dad ordered as "investments", what a waste.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Loxbourne posted:

Children are dumb

Bring back pirates and castle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

minema posted:

Staying at the in laws and we went into the loft to look for partners childhood Lego collection, we didn't find it but we DID find about £1000 worth of sealed sets his dad ordered as "investments", what a waste.

Well...spill the beans, what were the sealed sets???

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Captain Invictus posted:

Nothing but Galidor.

minema
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

The box is taped shut so I couldn't see exactly, but apparently its a shitload of technic and the VW camper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bummer I thought it was older stuff

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Slugworth posted:

Nothing but Galidor.

I looked up what this is and now I'm mad that it exists

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol at buying the the VW Camper as an investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This was probably a top 3 build for me (Lego Movie ship and Old Fishing Cabin). Very cool set.