Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

spb posted:

I like the villains hideout is a black pyramid suspended by wires in the Alps. Like nobody will ever see it

it’s even better because the pyramid is virtual reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

goferchan posted:

The mission briefings in 2 are incredible

Yeah, when I saw the first cutscene and how it was so different to Hitman 2016's (in that they're just still images, no motion, etc.) I was a bit dubious, but I was sold on it shortly after - they were done very well, I thought.

And yeah, I like how the 'Big Bad' hideout is just some VR pyramid in the Alps, haha - such a nice subtle, discreet idea! :D
I would've found it amusing if they were instead meeting in some sewer like what 47 lived in, during Blood Money. But they've gotta flaunt their wealth somehow, I suppose

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mumbai is massive... I have mild anxiety going into it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Christmasmission is on Paris again

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

The Christmasmission is on Paris again

drat, was really hoping it’d be in the suburbs level this time

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh drat, I didn't even think about that - yeah, that would've been pretty good, even if it still featured the same villains, etc.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Same, the lazy fucks.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why is it time limited when it's not time limited in hitman 1. they've lost their minds

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sitting silently making the soy face after lucas grey said "we've all got barcodes on the back of our heads... most people just never notice"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whittleton Creek is so good but I'm not sure how I actually found the evidence.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I couldn't tell you either. There are 3 pieces of evidence you need but each one has 3 different ways of acquiring it I believe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just tried to enter every house and eventually Diana was like good work 47. We won't know all the details now ...but we've got something.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Afaik theres a bunch of ways to get whats needed, like you can get 2 or 3 in the old mans house alone, or get enough without having to set foot in his house. But also some require a further step from just finding the item.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I only played the level once so far though, but explored almost every inch of the level in that run

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's definitely been my fave. But I wonder why it only goes to 15 on mastery? I guess it's not as dense as Mumbai/Santa Fortuna etc but there's still a ton of stuff I definitely didn't see. Anyway the Isle Of Sgail preview image looks too exciting so I'll probably finish this game tonight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The new sgail escalation is awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sgali is insanely good, my favorite map across both games. Had no idea there was a new escalation

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

idk if its brand new i played it first time last night. it involves a fish

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

idk if its brand new i played it first time last night. it involves a fish

I haven't played since the sean bean elusive target was going so it's new to me

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Whittleton Creek is so good but I'm not sure how I actually found the evidence.

Yeah its my fave. Although Ive been saving the last level which Ive heard is the bees tits :x

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think tomorrow is the day i finally play sgail lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i think tomorrow is the day i finally play sgail lol

ive been eyeing that castle jpg since launch day....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sgail targets are so cool

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

getting SASO on sgail feels really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sgail is the first time ive tried to reload cheese a kill bc i really really really want to line it up so I can drop the targets onto each other like in paris but I havent been able to pull it off. It's not a scripted thing like Paris, I think they just physically line up if you delay their routes with proper coinage.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BBJoey posted:

getting SASO on sgail feels really good

I somehow botched this on my first run of the map. :( Very unfortunate, since I'm not sure why I didn't get a SA rating. Oh well - just another excuse to go back to it, I guess!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sgail is the best map they've ever done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spent almost 2 hours in my first playthrough...what a insanely dense locale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Failed another ET lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Failed another ET lol.

this is getting sad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've only ever killed 1 ET.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's impressive how sgail is a difficult location as fits the final map in the game but there's no unfair tricks or gimmicks, it's just very well laid out with a lot of thought put into sightlines, disguises, NPC locations etc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

we'll probably be getting a January roadmap soon yeah? I hope they do a escalation or ET in whittleton creek

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

we'll probably be getting a January roadmap soon yeah? I hope they do a escalation or ET in whittleton creek

they added a miami escalation today, shoudl be a roadmap soon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

they added a miami escalation today, shoudl be a roadmap soon

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1081188502237339650

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IO Interactive FTMFW.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I've never played absolution guess I'll try it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

No don’t

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

They’d have to make Absolution a completely different game from the ground up for it to be any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hitman Absolution was basically just Splinter Cell: Conviction with the disguise system bolted on. I thought it was fine for what it was on its own terms but it wasn’t much of a Hitman game.