Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Imagined posted:

I wish every jackbox would include an updated version of the classic just ydkj trivia quiz along with the other games.

That's in #1 and #5.

The one in #1 is my favorite across all the Jackbox games (well, maybe competing with Drawful).

I only did the one in #5 once so far but it seemed disappointing. The style of humor was less effective and also the gameplay felt rushed somehow.

Might just need more time to warm up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

I only did the one in #5 once so far but it seemed disappointing. The style of humor was less effective and also the gameplay felt rushed somehow.

Might just need more time to warm up to it.

Yea it's not as good, although the Jack Attack and new screw powers are pretty good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
the Nibelsnarf is the worst fight in video games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m gonna buy the physical version of Celeste soon. Would I be able to play it with the Switch NES controllers or does it require more buttons?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
Plesioth, Lavasioth, and Cephadrome are all up there with being some of the most trash fights.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Circle Nine posted:

Plesioth, Lavasioth, and Cephadrome are all up there with being some of the most trash fights.

All of those spend way more time above ground/water than the Nibelsnarf, and don't have big area of effect ranged attacks like the Nibelsnarfs dust moves

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m gonna buy the physical version of Celeste soon. Would I be able to play it with the Switch NES controllers or does it require more buttons?

Apparently they have L/R buttons like the joycons so that should be enough buttons for Celeste

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Apparently they have L/R buttons like the joycons so that should be enough buttons for Celeste

They aren’t that ideal though if they’re being pressed regularly. Does Celeste make heavy use of those buttons?

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Gripweed posted:

All of those spend way more time above ground/water than the Nibelsnarf, and don't have big area of effect ranged attacks like the Nibelsnarfs dust moves

I feel like Cephadrome spends 90% of the fight underground anytime I fight it and I just want to die. The -sioth's just like to piss off into lava and water and are also giant with hipchecks and swirls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

They aren’t that ideal though if they’re being pressed regularly. Does Celeste make heavy use of those buttons?

Yeah it does honestly, you use the shoulder buttons to grab onto walls

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gripweed posted:

the Nibelsnarf is the worst fight in video games

Nibelsnarf is cool cuz you can bait him into eating a bomb which blows him up and you can fish him out of the sand with your fishing pole. A neat fight imo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, the main buttons in Celeste are jump, dash, and climb (hold to cling to a wall and climb up or down). All three are necessary to play the game. Climb is mapped to the shoulder buttons.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sounds horrendous to play with tbh.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks. I’ll stick with joycons then.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Circle Nine posted:

I feel like Cephadrome spends 90% of the fight underground anytime I fight it and I just want to die. The -sioth's just like to piss off into lava and water and are also giant with hipchecks and swirls.

I hope there's a Plesioth in the movie, because when it attacks it'll hit characters in movies shown in neighboring theaters.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

jokes on you, the chairs were motorized; their hipchecks hit the audience

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its pretty great how bowser and bowser jr. are becoming parent/child role model characters. Just saw the rabbids kingdom battle scene where bowser calls his son while jr. in in the middle of gloating to mario and crew to make sure he did his chores, homework, and that he's not throwing any parties.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat I finally beat Dead Cells this morning. What an addicting game! The run that cleared it literally had to shower me in legendary gear for me to have a chance and I think I found every possible scroll so I was pretty loving high level and I still almost died at the end.

And now I’m in hard mode and dying to the first level again. It’s great!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat I finally beat Dead Cells this morning. What an addicting game! The run that cleared it literally had to shower me in legendary gear for me to have a chance and I think I found every possible scroll so I was pretty loving high level and I still almost died at the end.

And now I’m in hard mode and dying to the first level again. It’s great!

I only made it to the final boss two times. I realized afterwards that it was gonna be up to RNG to get the ultimate setup in order to take him down effectively. I haven't really played since then, not saying it's a bad game because of this. Just got tired of playing the same 5 levels over and over again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pharohman777 posted:

Its pretty great how bowser and bowser jr. are becoming parent/child role model characters. Just saw the rabbids kingdom battle scene where bowser calls his son while jr. in in the middle of gloating to mario and crew to make sure he did his chores, homework, and that he's not throwing any parties.

Bowser as king of the koopas and aspiring king of the Mushroom Kingdom understands a good kingdom starts with your own house

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

The hori d-pad is definitely worth it. I'm old and terrible and it made Celeste / Shovel Knight a lot more doable.

I did have to hack apart my skull grip case though. I basically removed the entire top edge to get it to fit properly with the hori. Funny enough it still works pretty great for gripping and I no longer have the annoying cover over the triggers. The cover is also way easier to put on / remove and I no longer feel like it's putting stress on the switch. I'm pretty happy with my mangled case.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

BisterdDave posted:

I only made it to the final boss two times. I realized afterwards that it was gonna be up to RNG to get the ultimate setup in order to take him down effectively. I haven't really played since then, not saying it's a bad game because of this. Just got tired of playing the same 5 levels over and over again.

It's up to RNG the first several times you get to him, but with enough practice you'll recognize his patterns and get good enough that you can beat him with whatever build. I think it took me 5 or 6 tries before I beat him the first time, but what a rush when it finally happened.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

SeANMcBAY posted:

Thanks. I’ll stick with joycons then.
Whie for the most part Celeste is better with digital inputs one of the later stage gimmicks is much easier to control with an analogue stick. A controller with both is definitely recommended.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this would be quite a thing in the rare chance it's true

https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/1078725391567802373

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
God, I bought Risk of Rain for Switch last night because someone said it was a good port when I asked about it, and I’ve ignored all the new games I have to play one I bought on a steam sale like five years ago. Game’s still great.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Could the Switch even handle Witcher 3? Because that really does seem suspect.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Don't tell me that's the same french retailer that "leaked" Metroid Prime Trilogy right before the VGA, only for it to end up being a fake leak and only one of their predictions.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

The game does scale down quite "impressively"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd still get it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah that looks fine

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mokinokaro posted:

Uh......was out until this pic.

Now I'm in. Throw a celshaded filter over that and I'd spend another 150 hours in there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao even thinking about the load times and frame rate of a Witcher 3 port on switch

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yes it'll just have less resolution and jaggies. Though a cell shaded version would be dope and probably sell super well in Japan.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

Yes it'll just have less resolution and jaggies. Though a cell shaded version would be dope and probably sell super well in Japan.

I’d actually be interested in trying it if it was cellshaded.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Turn Witcher 3 into a point and click adventure game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Turn Witcher 3 into a point and click adventure game.

That was Witcher 1

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
My right joycon that I got at launch has a Y button malfunction, Nintendo's website is not super helpful (I tried the toothbrush trick to no avail), I know it's out of warranty by now, I'm just wondering if it's even worth getting someone on the phone to try to repair it? I already bought a replacement but having the extra pair would be nice, or wondering if it's worth doing and then reselling it or if that'd come out a wash. Anyone have any input?

Edit: got someone on the phone and they went through it with me. It's 35 dollars to repair, in case anyone else is having a similar thing. Since I already bought a replacement I didn't immediately pull the trigger on it, I don't know if I really feel it's worth the trouble at this point.

caldrax fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 29, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Fetus posted:

If they dropped the quality to Witcher 2, then sure. The second one was a (very late) 360 game.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Dpulex posted:

Hey you guys how is labyrinth of refrain does it have enough dungeon crawling and anime?

It's good but I've gotten two bad endings in a row and they make zero sense. What the gently caress is the point of these dead ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kikkoman posted:

It's good but I've gotten two bad endings in a row and they make zero sense. What the gently caress is the point of these dead ends?

Believe it or not, they're actually important and will make 100% sense a little while later.