Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When there’s a legitimate crisis Borders have ways to shut themselves down

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

As someone who has to travel back to the US soon, is this border shutdown a real issue?

if you travel in the six hours between him shutting down the border and the courts issuing an injunction, it'll suck

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is he talking about shutting down all borders, just the land border with Mexico, all entry from Mexico, or all entry from Mexicans?

His stupid impractical idea isn't even coherent.

If it's only the land border, a bunch of airlines just got the yugest boners.

PT6A fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 29, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Want to piss off American industry? Close the Mexican border. I'm sure the Stock Market will LOOOOOVE that.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Stolen from the news thread:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Sheriff-to-announce-significant-13495621.php

Also heard this elected chud/nazi in charge quoted on NPR deflecting his responsibility for law enforcement to ICE, but c'est la vie.

Edited to add flavor:

“We’re not here to enforce federal immigration law — that’s not our job,” Christianson said. “But law enforcement should be able to turn people over to ICE who are gang members who victimize and exploit others.”

Otteration fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 29, 2018

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

CommieGIR posted:

Want to piss off American industry? Close the Mexican border. I'm sure the Stock Market will LOOOOOVE that.
It's telling that Trump has basically spent the past few months screaming "We're gonna close the border guys! We're gonna do it! You Democrats better make a deal with me or I'm definitely gonna close the border! It's happening real soon!" And yet he still hasn't done anything about it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

quote:

The cash for this mother of all bacchanals originally came from bonds issued by Goldman, which earned a whopping $600 million from the Malaysians. The bank charged prices for its bond issuance that analysts believe were suspiciously high – like a massage price that suggests you’re probably getting more than a massage.

What a great line.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CommieGIR posted:

Can you imagine the ramming the US would take with regards to NAFTA or whatever the gently caress it got replaced with if they actually closed the border?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

VH4Ever posted:

I lived in Austin so I got to know him because he was popular as hell locally. He smoked cigars, drank whiskey and up until really recently could still drive. He built the house he lived in with his bare hands after returning from WW2, and had the same truck he bought with cash in the early 1970s. He was a loving rockstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwWC8nSVmwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqIefl-vT64

If he then subsequently remodeled that house, was that moving the overton windows?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Border collies better than ICE dogs:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mila Kunis did this in the blockbuster movie Jupiter Ascending and I hope AOC finds her own wolfperson (?) to love after cleaning toilets.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

1glitch0 posted:

wolfperson (?)

he was also an alien and an angel.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

AOC is savage. I love it

https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1078788237349531648?s=21

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I've got a feeling they really are sending their best though.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

That one Dem ex-Senator who "doesn't understand" why she's the popular new politician should probably complete the journey up her own rear end, and then stay there permanently.

What's not to love?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Excuse me, he then linked the definition of begging the question, so clearly he's winning

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

PT6A posted:

That one Dem ex-Senator who "doesn't understand" why she's the popular new politician should probably complete the journey up her own rear end, and then stay there permanently.

What's not to love?

That one Dem senator is probably just mimicking Fox News' "liberal target du jour," the same way her ilk go after Nancy Pelosi. It's a way of burnishing their "moderate" credentials without actually having to do anything of substance at all

If her criticisms of AOC were sincere then she's just an idiot.

Or very likely a combination of both.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

They are sending their best. It's just that their best are really really really bad.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Mikel_Jollett/status/1078789635428368384

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So off topic but why the hell are all the flags still at half mast?

I swear they went down for the GHW Bush funeral and never went back up.

Of course by this point I’ve pretty much gotten used to them being at half mast way more of the time than full.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

They should've been flown at half mast starting January 20, 2017 and kept there until Trump is out of office again.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PT6A posted:

They should've been flown at half mast starting January 20, 2017 and kept there until Trump is out of office again.

Flown upside-down would probably be more appropriate.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still can’t handle that his name is literally Jawohl

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

He's such a moron you almost feel like it's an act sometimes.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1078762578082443270

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

We probably have about a week before Fox stops showing that shutdown counter.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

It still boggles my mind that every picture of him I see manages to be worse than the one before.

Fuckin' chinless wonder in that one

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Wistful of Dollars posted:

He's such a moron you almost feel like it's an act sometimes.

I'm pretty sure he's leaning into it after he became a laughing stock over his Mueller accuser fiasco.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

All these gun nuts lionizing the second amendment do poo poo all when we have a Russian Stooge as President undermining the country and government. If they were to act though, it would cause fear amongst the Government and they would declare guns a legit problem. And not to mention they support a foreign power going through their system, the NRA, to influence American Politicians and corrupt. All the while kids are begging not to be shot in schools.

They're worthless in every way, shun them.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Whitlam posted:

An overwhelming number of countries have legislation prohibiting hate speech. The American obsession with freeze peach to say anything they want at any time to anyone is bizarre to everyone except Americans.

Hate speech is one thing. Nazis can still nazi around just fine without it. They're an actual political party in Europe. Germany at one point clamped down so hard even brandishing a swastika got you cracked down on

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ZypherIM posted:

Wasn't some stupid amount of Miami built directly off of the profits from cocaine?

And the NYC luxury real estate market is way down after everyone was required to disclose actual buyers to money laundering enforcement authorities.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

JasonV posted:

Literal American dream right in front of them, and they're convinced they're having a nightmare....

Well, in their world that dream is for white people only

Someone needs to be shot for this

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Data Graham posted:

So off topic but why the hell are all the flags still at half mast?

I swear they went down for the GHW Bush funeral and never went back up.

Of course by this point I’ve pretty much gotten used to them being at half mast way more of the time than full.

If I had to guess maybe for Richard Overton, the 112-year-old WW2 vet?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fister Roboto posted:

If I had to guess maybe for Richard Overton, the 112-year-old WW2 vet?

I mean, that just happened like today. The flags have been down for going on 3 weeks

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Presidents get half mast for a full month when they die.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Data Graham posted:

I mean, that just happened like today. The flags have been down for going on 3 weeks

Apparently this is a thing: http://halfstaff.org/

And yeah it's still for GHWB until tomorrow.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ah heh, Trail of tears anyone? How about like every single native tribe that existed

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ICE has been around for just under 16 years. They're babies in the eyes of most other government agencies. What the gently caress "recent memory" is he talking about? :psyduck:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Teddybear posted:

Presidents get half mast for a full month when they die.

remember when we all made fun of NK for having too much state mandated mourning of their leader's death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Peter King: "Two children dead is a good record for ICE."

Wow