Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

I don't think anyone is upset by the urgot rework, he was near mordekaiser levels of unplayed/useless and now he is awesome

i love old urgot but new urgot is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

Welcome back pog. Your bit in the cartoon thread is very funny

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i love old sion but new sion is sad as gently caress.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

New Sion owns, actually

Unless you mean from a lore perspective then yeah he's super depressing

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

The old Sion was in fact the peak of champion design in both gameplay and aesthetics, and I miss him dearly.

e: Petition for Riot to put O. (Name) versions of every reworked champion in the game, properly tuned to be at least modestly playable.

Old Sion was a trainwreck of design and visuals and this iteration of Sion is flat out better

pog boyfriend posted:

Old Urgot's canister rocket interaction was a lot of fun but new Urgot ult is so goddamn satisfying

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hot take: Not a single one of the relaunched champions is bad. Nunu comes the absolute worst to being bad and he's probably like below-average at worst. Akali is having some dumb growing pains b/c it's Akali but I vastly prefer playing against her to old Akali in 98% of cases.

e: I say this as someone who regularly eats poo poo to Irelia in top whenever she's picked. Even if Irelia's a little busted right now imo her design is miles better than what it was.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Monathin posted:

Hot take: Not a single one of the relaunched champions is bad. Nunu comes the absolute worst to being bad and he's probably like below-average at worst. Akali is having some dumb growing pains b/c it's Akali but I vastly prefer playing against her to old Akali in 98% of cases.

e: I say this as someone who regularly eats poo poo to Irelia in top whenever she's picked. Even if Irelia's a little busted right now imo her design is miles better than what it was.
N&W is a success for Snowball alone. That ability is fun as gently caress.

Aatrox is the least interesting of the reworks imo but I’m not a Top Guy

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

As a Top Guy Aatrox is actually a p cool update and, imho, miles better than what he was before. Anyone who tries to call him 'tanky Riven' isn't really looking at him properly, he's got p different trade windows.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Aatrox felt like the least-needed full rework but i think the new version is cool, admittedly as someone who never really played much of either version

Warwick feels like one of their most successful relaunches; he kept his core identity of an entry-level jungler with a giant "gently caress you in particular" of an ult, but all of his buttons are more fun now

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Shen feels like a kind of weak one because the traveling sword mechanic feels awkward but offhand I'm pretty sure there was a dud here or there.

There were a lot of good ones. WW, Urgot and Sion immediately come to mind

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shen wasn't really a full relaunch tho, he got a pretty big update but they didn't really try and go "this is a completely new champion" the way they had with WW, Urgot, Sion, Aatrox, Poppy, Taric, etc

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

galio, ryze, and malzahar reworks are bad

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

galio, ryze, and malzahar reworks are bad

ryze rework meme.txt

Malzahar's rework wasn't a relaunch either, though I can no longer play him as well as I used to after it so maybe there's something to that.

Galio rework actually owns tho, i have to fully disagree w/u here pog

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Monathin posted:

poppy loving sucks rear end. stupid piece of poo poo. duhh im hard to kill and can clear waves in lane im the same garbage as every tank

old poppy wasnt well made and ruined the game sometimes but new poppy is boring

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

el dingo posted:

I don't think anyone is upset by the urgot rework, he was near mordekaiser levels of unplayed/useless and now he is awesome

Ya his ult isn't anything super fancy but there is so many cool things you can do with it. Kill invulnerable targets like Xin/Kayle/Kindred. Flash with the follow up fear.

Monathin posted:

ryze rework meme.txt

Malzahar's rework wasn't a relaunch either, though I can no longer play him as well as I used to after it so maybe there's something to that.

Galio rework actually owns tho, i have to fully disagree w/u here pog

Ya Galio is loving awesome. I think he will be always overpowered in competitive cause his kit is too strong for any sort of teamplay. In soloq he is still strong but your team has to be a bit competent. Old Galio and Old Urgot were utter garbage.

Malzahar is decent although there has been reworks to his rework. Initially some people were even going w max cause he could basically solo dragon/baron with zerg voidlings. Sucks that they reduced his voidling spam. He will always be alright cause he is so safe to play and his ult is very strong since very few ppl build qss.

Ryze reworks have been fine but he always become horribly imbalanced.

For me a bad rework is Mordekaiser. He is still trash. Nobody plays him unless they are massive cheesers. At this point in the game you need to put some skill element so the champion can have some depth compared to all the other champs that have 6 million dashes.

Monathin posted:

Shen wasn't really a full relaunch tho, he got a pretty big update but they didn't really try and go "this is a completely new champion" the way they had with WW, Urgot, Sion, Aatrox, Poppy, Taric, etc

Ya nothing changed about Shen. His w is pretty cool now. I totally forgot what his old w was? Maybe a shield or a sort of passive? People play Shen the same way. Split push then ult. His dueling is a bit better now cause he has higher damage and a dodge.

Yorick is another champ no one talks about. I duo with a friend who just plays him and he basically 1v2 splitpush wins many games. If you teamfight and ignore him he is useless but in lane and splitpushing he is alright.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I play Yorick constantly and he is my go-to "I should get my first win of the day but I'm tired and I don't want to think or give a poo poo" pick in top. He absolutely rules and his rework is really good.

Verviticus posted:

poppy loving sucks rear end. stupid piece of poo poo. duhh im hard to kill and can clear waves in lane im the same garbage as every tank

old poppy wasnt well made and ruined the game sometimes but new poppy is boring

you are entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong verv, personally I think new poppy is fun and good and can be just as aggressive as old poppy without being the total dipshit game-breaker.

e:

Ulio posted:

For me a bad rework is Mordekaiser. He is still trash. Nobody plays him unless they are massive cheesers. At this point in the game you need to put some skill element so the champion can have some depth compared to all the other champs that have 6 million dashes.

Morde wasn't a relaunch either but yeah I'd agree his rework was p bad, the Juggernaut 'update' was pretty drat hit and miss overall now that we've got some distance from it.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 28, 2018

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ryze is unbalancable and was previously an interesting niche champion with a distinct mechanical identity. malzahar feels worse to play now and his ad builds are gone forever. old galio was one of my favourite champion designs of all time and it is gone forever, new galio is not bad but is a 7/10 to old galios 10/10

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The reworks that were part of Group Reworks were mostly bad and don’t count like the full scale individual ones do.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The only thing I hate about the Shen rework is that his sword looks dumb and it doesn't leash to him after getting to far away from him. His W feels great and getting the pass thru dmg + buff on Q is fun and rewarding.

I think the worst rework imo might be Kat because she still kinda sucks against anyone who is paying attention but vs. people who don't understand her dmg patterns she can snowball incredibly hard. Morde's rework sucked too but it felt more half-assed band-aid changes to him like they had no idea what the gently caress direction to even go, they didn't even give him a new model like Sion/Poppy/Mao etc.

Juggernaut update was pretty bad overall, though the Darius changes they nailed.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 28, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Neeko is terrible to play with.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monathin posted:

I agree

e: morde was initially awful but is fine now, albeit probably the worst one

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 29, 2018

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

kingcobweb posted:

The reworks that were part of Group Reworks were mostly bad and don’t count like the full scale individual ones do.

This is correct, almost all of the walk-backs we've seen have been from the batch-updates and I'm glad they stopped doing them.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

ryze is unbalancable and was previously an interesting niche champion with a distinct mechanical identity. malzahar feels worse to play now and his ad builds are gone forever. old galio was one of my favourite champion designs of all time and it is gone forever, new galio is not bad but is a 7/10 to old galios 10/10

Yeah, the destruction of AD Malz was a mistake. It was hilarious watching people get picked apart by voidlings and being all like OH GOD WHY DO THEY DO SO MUCH DAMAGE?!?

It's because I bought swords, bitch.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Is Sona any good these days? Gragas?

I haven’t played in years and I used to have tons of fun playing those two

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
sona is the best. just press the buttons and watch her go

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
new galio may be better designed and balanced and generally "'"better""" in every objective way but goddamn if I didnt have more fun playing old galio

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Both Heimer reworks were great

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

el dingo posted:

I miss old Urgot, not because it was great (it wasn't) but he was a solid answer to the meta anytime tankiness got out of hand and now I feel like no one really fits that role. I thought old Sion was fun gimmick. I REALLY miss old Galio because no character was quite as much fun in ARAM.

none of this changes the fact that all three of those reworks are loving amazing and made great champions that are satisfying to play and aren't one trick ponies/counters to specific metas.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there any good reason as to why me and my friend (unranked pre-30s) are being consistently matched against LV100-200 Gold/Platinum players in Normals? They're not even smurfs; I check their accounts and they just have hundreds of hours and incredible ranks. There is zero semblance of any fairness to it. They are stomps that end in under 20 minutes. Why does the matching algorithm think this is okay?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is there any good reason as to why me and my friend (unranked pre-30s) are being consistently matched against LV100-200 Gold/Platinum players in Normals? They're not even smurfs; I check their accounts and they just have hundreds of hours and incredible ranks. There is zero semblance of any fairness to it. They are stomps that end in under 20 minutes. Why does the matching algorithm think this is okay?

you had a streak or a couple wins against unfair matchups and it thinks youre better than you are, its late and its struggling to find people, these people have silver normals mmr because they do serious mode in ranked and goofy poo poo in normals. one of or more than one of these reasons, probably

Monathin posted:

you are entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong verv, personally I think new poppy is fun and good and can be just as aggressive as old poppy without being the total dipshit game-breaker.

its not really that she can't be aggressive or that she isnt fun to play, its that tanks with wave clear are just lovely. its also like most of league tanks, which is why league tanks are lovely and stupid. tanks should be like shen - decent duelists when played correctly, dont have a shitton of aoe waveclear, not like sion or poppy

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Gridlocked posted:

Are there really no OCE goons who play this game :(?

i have an account but actually playing video games is pretty low on my agenda these days tbqh

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
Old Urgot’s ult was the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

Old Urgot’s ult was the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.
There was that one worlds where he got picked as a counter to Hecarim (I think?) and just ulted him whenever he tried doing anything, that was pretty cool.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Old Urgot's kit was so counter-productive to hit ultimate that something had to change there, half of his kit was part ADC/Ranged Bruiser and half of his kit was tankier and he did neither of them well enough unless he was over-tuned. They found a happy median

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kingcobweb posted:

it sucks that we had to lose graves so junglers could get a braindead ad champ to play

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

it sucks that we had to lose graves so junglers could get a braindead ad champ to play

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

New Galio is better than old but I'm not particularly a fan of his white stone look.

They should bring back his old ultimate for a new champion somehow. Those times when it worked and you blew up 3-4 champs at once was hilarious.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i like bad and braindead champions so most of the reworks are bad. i miss warwick and gp the most. i enjoy the new nunu though he captures the nunu spirit really well.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Slaapaav posted:

i like bad and braindead champions so most of the reworks are bad. i miss warwick and gp the most. i enjoy the new nunu though he captures the nunu spirit really well.

new Warwick might be my favorite rework, the champ is so much better but still plays a lot like it originally did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can understand Gangplank. Even though his rework was phenomenal and he is undoubtedly way more useful than before I don't have the mechanics to play him well, but Warwick? Warwick is still braindead to play and can actually skirmish and gank pre-6 and when his ult is down. Warwick is strictly better than before, regardless of skill level.

Same with Galio. I liked old Galio too but his laning phase and mana costs were such dogshit that he was completely unplayable. New Galio is playable and often strong and again you are an actual champion for the times when you don't have ult and flash!