Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Time to play Good Cole/Bad Cole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Who is the guy in between Kratos and Drake and who is the guy to right of Big Daddy, and how are they different people.

They are literally the same character but Mass Effect Paragon/Renegade versions of the same person because Cole doesn't have a personality of his own outside of that. Just shows how badly things were going when they decided to pad the game out with two Coles and couldn't make use of any of the characters that're associated with the system.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

You've cleared the Father Gascoigne but you've got one arm behind your back difficulty spike in the game so it's smooth sailing from there. Now all you have to deal with is *checks notes* remembering to save or just pause and put the game in rest mode.

Your hell begins now. :twisted:

I save text docs every time I type a period so yeah, I'm good there.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, most of the joke endings are things like choosing the obviously wrong option from dialog or running off in the wrong direction after being given a nav point. There's one you only get by losing to the optional superboss, but if you beat the boss there's no way to get it back and you can't get that ending any more.

The only reason to care about this is that there's a trophy for getting every single joke ending, if you're not going for a legitimate plat you can forget this whole tangent and be assured that nothing you do care about is missable.

I don't really care about plats so we'll see what happens. I have read the Nier discussions in this thread though I've mostly avoided spoilers and stayed entirely out of the Nier thread.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

They are literally the same character but Mass Effect Paragon/Renegade versions of the same person because Cole doesn't have a personality of his own outside of that. Just shows how badly things were going when they decided to pad the game out with two Coles and couldn't make use of any of the characters that're associated with the system.

Nintendo stealing the Echo fighter idea from Sony, smh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Midjack posted:

I save text docs every time I type a period so yeah, I'm good there.

I don't really care about plats so we'll see what happens. I have read the Nier discussions in this thread though I've mostly avoided spoilers and stayed entirely out of the Nier thread.

I don't think you have to worry about platting NieR:A ;)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I didn’t plat Automata :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I get my plats legit or not at all so I chose not at all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

As the venerable NieR: Automata character Friedrich Nietzsche once said: “no plats are true, all plats are permitted”

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I didn’t plat Automata :(

Wossamotta u?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Over There posted:

That's not controversial at all. Most of the biggest fans don't want a sequel.

I love this post. It's so good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The PlayStation Classic is loving adorable and I love it but why the gently caress didn't it include Jet Moto?

Follow up: why aren't PS1 games on the PS4?

Additional follow up: where's my Jet Moto franchise reboot in 4k with optional VR mode?

One last follow up: Jet Moto

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

As the venerable NieR: Automata character Friedrich Nietzsche once said: “no plats are true, all plats are permitted”

I still haven’t read Alamut and I don’t know what’s wrong with me

Infinitum posted:

Wossamotta u?

Bad At Video Games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Bad At Video Games

Hey! Gotta no respect?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Infinitum posted:

Hey! Gotta no respect?

:discourse:

Little Nightmares is cool. It can be a little too trial and error like most puzzle/horror games but the graphics/controls/atmosphere and all that are great. The Janitor is creepy as hell. Definitely glad I grabbed the complete edition for $11. Oh and the music is excellent. The main (I guess?) melody really made me feel weird when it came in the first time.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 29, 2018

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm back to playing Spider-Man, I'm only 30% complete with the story but a plot point came up that I'm confused about : How did Peter suddenly know Martin Li was the villain? Miles saw him at the scene of the attack, not that he knows who he is, and then in the next scene Peter knew for sure that he was a bad guy, in spite of trusting him before. What am I missing?

edit: I hadn't played the game for a month or so before so maybe I forgot something that happened earlier.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 29, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PS All-Stars' biggest failing was that it came out before Sony could find a mascot worthy enough to anchor the brand. Now with Knack front and center, PSAB2 won't fail again.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm back to playing Spider-Man, I'm only 30% complete with the story but a plot point came up that I'm confused about : How did Peter suddenly know Martin Li was the villain? Miles saw him at the scene of the attack, not that he knows who he is, and then in the next scene Peter knew for sure that he was a bad guy, in spite of trusting him before. What am I missing?

edit: I hadn't played the game for a month or so before so maybe I forgot something that happened earlier.

Peter saw him transform just before the attack

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

depends on how famous one is

He’s so famous he’s in famous.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Samurai Sanders posted:

its because they changed the e3 demo, which is when peter found out it was martin li, and they changed it to a random dude instead but its never really brought up when peter/everyone found out, i'd guess he saw him during the bombing and its not like the negative power hides his identity. i figure they decided not to waste any time and just assumed most people knew or figured out he turns into mister negative from the comics/e3demo/trailers already, at least on the player side

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just finished Little Nightmare. Wow, what a game. I have some slight complaints about a few of the platforming bits but none of it mattered by the end. The pacing was perfect. No section or gimmick overstayed it’s welcome and the game kept pushing forward at just the right speed. Time to read up a little on it because I have absolutely no clue what happened. Not complaining though. The world they crafted is a fascinating one. They pull it off with the subtle Bloodborne approach and I can’t get enough of that.

Buy this game before the sale ends!

Inside is my game for tomorrow night :D

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 29, 2018

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just finished Little Nightmare. Wow, what a game. I have some slight complaints about a few of the platforming bits but none of it mattered by the end. The pacing was perfect. No section or gimmick overstayed it’s welcome and the game kept pushing forward at just the right speed. Time to read up a little on it because I have absolutely no clue what happened. Not complaining though. The world they crafted is a fascinating one.

Buy this game before the sale ends!

Inside is my game for tomorrow night :D

There’s also DLC for Little Nightmares and it’s mostly more of the same, some really cool artwork and design throughout, but with some sort-of-BS sections and an ending that is... a hell of a thing, I’ll say that much. If you were that much into the main game, the DLC is short-ish and I kind of recommend it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pennfalath posted:

Peter saw him transform just before the attack

The moment doesn't include a reaction from Peter like you'd expect but yeah, Peter's Spider Sense goes off and he looks over at Martin, who then transforms.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I’m on chapter three of FFXV. I don’t quite get the combat system yet but did manage to kill a behemoth that was eating chocobos. My chocobo loving friend started enthusiastically singing the classic victory theme. 5/5!

Except that, Prompto my man, we just got some really terrible news. Maybe now is not the time to ask for us to stop for group photos every time we pass a rock you think is neat. Priorities!

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 29, 2018

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The PlayStation Classic is loving adorable and I love it but why the gently caress didn't it include Jet Moto?

Additional follow up: where's my Jet Moto franchise reboot in 4k with optional VR mode?

One last follow up: Jet Moto
I still think if they really wanted to tap into the PS1 Nostalgia crowd, it should have come packed with a code to redeem for any two PS1 games, and also had every single Playstation Magazine demo disk built into the hard drive. Most of us didn't actually own many games, but holy poo poo did those demo disks get some work

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad FFXV was one of the first titles I played on my PS4 so that it set a bar really low and made every game I played after feel amazingly better.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Yakuza 6 beginning thoughts: Kiryu you absolute moron

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Posting because I am having more trouble with Hitman 2 and need to be able to find my old posts ITT to see what I did last time

(I bought the $20 legacy pack and have no idea how to add it to the game. I do not own Hitman 1 for PS4 but don't think it's required)

Figured it out. Am I loving moron or did they make this the most confusing process ever?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Yakuza [Insert game] beginning thoughts: Kiryu you absolute moron

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I’m sure I beat Spider Man PS4, but listening to a podcast they talked about a scene about Harry Osborne at the end and Doc Ock. I don’t recall seeing EITHER of these. Were they from Side mission stuff or something?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Feenix posted:

So I’m sure I beat Spider Man PS4, but listening to a podcast they talked about a scene about Harry Osborne at the end and Doc Ock. I don’t recall seeing EITHER of these. Were they from Side mission stuff or something?

As is the case with everything else Marvel, there's a post-credits scene.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Same reason PS2 games aren't, and PS3 exclusives either needed a remaster or aren't, and it's that Sony can't be loving bothered

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
For the first time, my original Destiny PS4 started displaying the full screen "PS4 is overheating" error...but it's not hot? At least not as hot as it usually gets. Only solution I can find is to get one of those vertical cooling stands, which I don't have a spot for.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe open it up and clean it? If dust builds up in the air pathway the standard cooling system won't work as well as it used to.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

KingShiro posted:

For the first time, my original Destiny PS4 started displaying the full screen "PS4 is overheating" error...but it's not hot? At least not as hot as it usually gets. Only solution I can find is to get one of those vertical cooling stands, which I don't have a spot for.

It probably doesn’t feel hot because the guts of the machine have a nice blanket of dust, trapping the heat there instead of letting it get to the vents and case.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crappy Jack posted:

As is the case with everything else Marvel, there's a post-credits scene.

But is there any gameplay? Do you fight Doc? Did I miss a boss fight?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Feenix posted:

Wait hold up who do you think the final boss is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you didn't fight him you didn't finish the game

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Feenix posted:

you..er might have!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

gonna be hilarious if they stopped playing after sending li to the raft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Quite honestly my memory is failing me at the moment but I swear to gently caress I finished that game. Now I have to go see... wow. Dang, I wonder...