Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009
https://twitter.com/rakavka/status/1073970374814121984

Saw this tweet and instantly thought of this thread and how much everyone loves Melone. What a fuckin creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Only in JoJo can a guy express disgust at a guy licking his lips at a girl and then explode a car out of a dude's body a minute later.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

Only in JoJo can a guy express disgust at a guy licking his lips at a girl and then explode a car out of a dude's body a minute later.
Well he actually knows what melone does to women so expanding cars from inside people stomach must feel far far far less creepy.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

Well he actually knows what melone does to women so expanding cars from inside people stomach must feel far far far less creepy.

When the shrinking/inflation dude is the least creepy person in the room, you are in bad company.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

JDRockefeller posted:

When the shrinking/inflation dude is the least creepy person in the room, you are in bad company.

No, Bad Company's the other guy.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

What was the post credit scene hinting at; I don't even remember who that guy is?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darko posted:

What was the post credit scene hinting at; I don't even remember who that guy is?

He's Risotto, the hit squad leader, he has Metallica. Also that scene was added for the part in White Album where Ghiaccio shows Giorno and Mista the picture that supposed to be burned.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh weird. I knew that was Risotto but I had no idea what he was doing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Darko posted:

GER works just fine with the continuation of Kira's "your Stand evolved to give you exactly what you needed" thing going on in 4. It's Silver Chariot's weirdness that kind of confuses everything since that wasn't going to really help anyone.

chariot requiem's goal was to keep the arrow away from diavolo, which it was insanely good at

even defeating it requires self-sacrifice, something diavolo could never do

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Diavolo was the first one to figure out a method to defeat Chariot Requiem

And then he performed that method

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Daxing Dan posted:

Diavolo was the first one to figure out a method to defeat Chariot Requiem

And then he performed that method

his body certainly did anyway

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Diavolo is the first character to understand the nature of Chariot Requiem and how to defeat it. While the rest of the cast is still trying to figure that out, Diavolo then uses this understanding to nullify Requiem's ability to control his stand and very nearly obtains the arrow. The only reason he fails is because Buccellati plagiarizes Diavolo and does the same thing Diavolo did, but harder, and he wouldn't have known to do that if he didn't see Diavolo do it first. To say that Diavolo is incapable of defeating Requiem goes against the actual events that we are shown in Vento Aureo, because Diavolo is indeed capable of defeating Requiem, and he is in fact more capable of defeating Requiem than anyone else participating in the fight against it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Daxing Dan posted:

Diavolo is the first character to understand the nature of Chariot Requiem and how to defeat it. While the rest of the cast is still trying to figure that out, Diavolo then uses this understanding to nullify Requiem's ability to control his stand and very nearly obtains the arrow. The only reason he fails is because Buccellati plagiarizes Diavolo and does the same thing Diavolo did, but harder, and he wouldn't have known to do that if he didn't see Diavolo do it first. To say that Diavolo is incapable of defeating Requiem goes against the actual events that we are shown in Vento Aureo, because Diavolo is indeed capable of defeating Requiem, and he is in fact more capable of defeating Requiem than anyone else participating in the fight against it.

oh, my bad then

that whole situation is a big clusterfuck

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It will probably make more sense animated.

Whoever asked "where does the key go" in the anime thread - THATS how you post in an anime thread. I'm laughing at the responses because there's no way to know its a turtle.

Also, yeah, the arguments about who has the most asspulls between Giorno and Joseph become kind of moot when people find out how overpowered Diavolo is. You need maximum asspulls to do anything against that. Or Magneto's power, apparently (boooo Narancia).

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Darko posted:

Whoever asked "where does the key go" in the anime thread - THATS how you post in an anime thread. I'm laughing at the responses because there's no way to know its a turtle.

I think jewelry box is the closest guess so far. I love how someone predicted Giorno crashing a helicopter. Can't wait for people to lose their drat minds next week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragonwagon posted:

I think jewelry box is the closest guess so far. I love how someone predicted Giorno crashing a helicopter. Can't wait for people to lose their drat minds next week.

Week after, they're doing some special next week.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Obviously we can't say it in the anime thread, but for the record Cioccolata's "I'm a doctor so cutting myself into pieces isn't a big deal also I can still move all the parts somehow" is every bit as bullshit as snakebrick.

And so is Heavy Weather and also Diego somehow being able to make dinosaur coat-racks and poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i really didnt understand people saying that this is peak bullshit, when there's stuff like Zombie Horse and the Green Baby in the future

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nephthys posted:

Obviously we can't say it in the anime thread, but for the record Cioccolata's "I'm a doctor so cutting myself into pieces isn't a big deal also I can still move all the parts somehow" is every bit as bullshit as snakebrick.

And so is Heavy Weather and also Diego somehow being able to make dinosaur coat-racks and poo poo.

He uses the virus from Green Day to control his severed body like some hosed up version of Buggy from One Piece.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would argue that the other stuff is more out of nowhere or fits with the general logic of the series than snakebrick which just happens to be the perfect solution to 'if you catch this then you die' which has been built up for almost 2 episodes at that point

like yeah there's zombie horse but it's easy to never think about it again. manga or anime, snakebrick in particular seems to get a reaction for whatever reason.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Brick Snake just doesn't bother me much I guess? It's dumb and clunky for sure, but can see the extremely vague logic here. This snake naturally has immunity to Purple Haze's virus because it was born in it and you get antivenom from venom. That's total bullshit in implementation but I can squint and get over it I guess.

Stuff like Green Baby feels like straight up magic, like okay i guess that does that because you say it does, sure, which is a lot less fun to me.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I liked Over Heaven’s attempt to explain the Green Baby. It did a good job of justifying why Dio would expect it to work, although it still comes across as an absurd coincidence that it actually does work.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

As i hinted to in the anime thread, Giorno is basically part 2 Joseph, where he just pulls out a bullshit "I win because I did this bullshit already" thing every time, which was fortunately dialed back a bit with the next protagonist. He's only the winner of like 3 more fights, though - from here, it's basically the Zipperman/Mista show.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Darko posted:

As i hinted to in the anime thread, Giorno is basically part 2 Joseph, where he just pulls out a bullshit "I win because I did this bullshit already" thing every time, which was fortunately dialed back a bit with the next protagonist. He's only the winner of like 3 more fights, though - from here, it's basically the Zipperman/Mista show.

Those three fights are Baby Face, Green Day, and the final battle against Diavolo, right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Silver2195 posted:

Those three fights are Baby Face, Green Day, and the final battle against Diavolo, right?

Yep and White Album, but he only gets the finishing beatdown.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I love how Giorno can be infected with a 100% fatal flesh-eating virus and not bat an eye from the pain, yet getting cured sends him into a pain-induced frenzy that causes him to pass out.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

Brick Snake just doesn't bother me much I guess? It's dumb and clunky for sure, but can see the extremely vague logic here. This snake naturally has immunity to Purple Haze's virus because it was born in it and you get antivenom from venom. That's total bullshit in implementation but I can squint and get over it I guess.

Stuff like Green Baby feels like straight up magic, like okay i guess that does that because you say it does, sure, which is a lot less fun to me.

for the record i definitely don't have an issue with it, myself. it's easy enough to hand wave away with what's provided as far as i'm concerned

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno your power is so loving stupid. I loving hate you so much stop using it.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
There's a whole lot of tactical self-mutilation across the entire series, huh.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I don't think anyone actually minds brick snake, it's just a "lol this is bullshit" thing

it's not less enjoyable or anything

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also giorno still has the character problem of Araki not really being able to nail down what his power actually does, then getting distracted because bruno's is way cooler

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

crossposting from the anime thread

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Man in the Mirror is the last ehhh fight for a while, if it's any consolation.

Baby Face is like, two fights away

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fractalairduct posted:

crossposting from the anime thread

Baby Face is like, two fights away

Baby face is a good if creepy fight.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
excluding its creation/creator, it introduces us to a cool little goblin stand boy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where does creating body parts to fill in newly created holes fall on the Giorno BS ranking?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Low
Cos that's a pretty darn eggs benedict ranking chart

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Expect My Mom posted:

yeah that! josuke's blood, kira's blood same thing

Wow dude, don't spoil part 8 in the anime thread. :P

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Zeruel posted:

excluding its creation/creator, it introduces us to a cool little goblin stand boy

even ignoring the creepy parts, I don't like it. The stand feels nonsensically complicated, and not in the fun jojo way. Maybe the anime will change my mind on it, but it has too many parts that don't really gel together well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

baby face purely as a stand sucks because it has way too much going on and unlike gold experience it's not cool or enjoyable to watch in action. getting birthed out of what's more or less sexual assault is already starting on the wrong foot but nothing about 'lovely little child that can do basically whatever and can disassemble everything into cubes' is super interesting to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I feel like Araki hosed himself by making Part 4 Josuke a literal healer because every Jojo since then has to go for the gory gross wounds and heavy battle damage without as strict a healing ability anymore. Hence 5's organ growing, 6's stiches, 7's Zombie Horse and so on.

I think you kinda see a similar thing with Mista and realising that guns are cool so you get FF's inexplicable fingerguns then Part 7 be in the literal Wild West featuring fingernailgun.