Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

RAW Spoilers for next week:

:geno: at the Moment of Bliss "talk show".

Sounds like only the first couple matches were worth it. Cool that Zack Ryder made it onto An Raw before the end of the year, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Face GM Alexa Bliss" was yet another layup for WWE (or at least making lemonade out of lemons) and they passed it up to do yet another cringey talk show instead. It's a brave new era guys, things are definitely changing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

At least "no more automatic rematches" is a good idea, which I imagine will last approximately one month before it's forgotten entirely.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Bliss break

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the most incredible thing is that Triple H actually showed up on a taped show that’s going to get bad ratings

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

so this ambrose heel run is just super dead huh

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rare Magic card l00k posted:

yeah, didn't expect Ambrose to die before Roman, but here we are

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

rare Magic card l00k posted:

It's amazing how much they screwed it up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cabbit posted:

At least "no more automatic rematches" is a good idea, which I imagine will last approximately one month before it's forgotten entirely.

Its not going to last because its a really easy writing tool when you have to create this much tv. Its also honestly a good one if used right, WWE just rarely used it right.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Its not going to last because its a really easy writing tool when you have to create this much tv. Its also honestly a good one if used right, WWE just rarely used it right.

They just honestly used it too often. And like it makes sense to use it every time because logically speaking why wouldn't a wrestler use their automatic rematch clause. But it really does write a very boring story.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, WWE's booking is completely built on time padding crutches, expecting them to give up the "add +1 month to title program" crutch is hilariously optimistic. It's about as easy to buy as if they came out and said heels could lose their titles on DQ/countout now.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VJeff posted:

Yeah, WWE's booking is completely built on time padding crutches, expecting them to give up the "add +1 month to title program" crutch is hilariously optimistic. It's about as easy to buy as if they came out and said heels could lose their titles on DQ/countout now.

Agreed but it's not like they even need that one, AJ's year was built on decisively beating his challengers who kept getting rematches anyway because gently caress it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Practically I don't see how ditching it changes anything. Anyone they want to clog up the title picture will still clog up the title picture. They'll just win a random match or just have a title shot because they're who they are. Meanwhile WWE executed how to burn a title shot right in that show by having Apollo Crews win a shot and lose the title match within an hour. That win and title shot never has to mean a thing. The issue isn't the title shot, it's the booking and intended goals. Some kayfabe rule change won't suddenly open up title pictures or reduce feud times.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I haven't watched WWE in forever, and all I remember about Apollo Crews is that after being screwed out of a title match by Baron Corbin interference, he requested a "can Finn Balor kick my rear end?" match, and Finn Balor kicked his rear end.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tonfa posted:

Agreed but it's not like they even need that one, AJ's year was built on decisively beating his challengers who kept getting rematches anyway because gently caress it.

I feel like most of AJ's rematches this year at least had some kind of a logical through-line to them. Like, Joe got another match because AJ tapped out before Joe had been pinned but the ref missed it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus AJ won all those as the champ so they weren’t actually the rematch clause.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What was the dark? Radio was advertising Dean and Seth in a cage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Not sure why WWE doesn't adopt a more NJPW style season/tour system since they really marginally care about one or two people at a time. Having a bunch of tournaments as the main showcase for a couple months leading into a Survivor Series or King of the Ring would be fine instead of making every show about your major champion and the one or two other characters than Vince cares about that month. I guess it's also just because Vince hates tournaments but expanding NXT-branded tournaments like the Dusty Classic, Mae Young Classic, Cruiserweight Open, and King of the Ring into the main roster and having round-robin tournaments would do a lot of fill time without re-treading everything.

I'm also shocked that Stephanie hasn't had the idea for Queen of the Ring yet because we know how much she loves taking credit for things that have happened years/decades prior somewhere else

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

Not sure why WWE doesn't adopt a more NJPW style season/tour system since they really marginally care about one or two people at a time.

Too much money in having a weekly TV show. Which only exists if that show is weekly. New Japan has the thing where not everyone is on every tour and I do think WWE would benefit from giving people breaks during the year but that seems to run contrary to their attitudes to worker rights.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I read this one time (probably here) and it's not my idea. You break the roster up into 3 groups (A,B and C). For 3 months A and B are the only ones on tv, group C could do house shows or whatever. Next up you cycle out the A guys ago it's only B and C. Then you have A and C, then finally back to A and B. I always thought that was a good idea. You give people breaks away from the crowd, you can freshen up matches, etc.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm not sure I'd blame the crowd not being into a Dean Ambrose vs Apollo Crews match on Dean.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm not sure I'd blame the crowd not being into a Dean Ambrose vs Apollo Crews match on Dean.

He's the constant since the ppv match got a boring chant, so yes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
dean is a boring lazy wrestler and I have negative interest in any match he's in

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theres no utility in trying to understand the thinking of people going to wwe shows in 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres no utility in trying to understand the thinking of people going to wwe shows in 2018

To understand their thinking you'd need moderate to severe brain damage

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Wait so after the news that Finn is getting a push he’s doing...nothing on Raw next week? Classic

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

flatluigi posted:

dean is a boring lazy wrestler and I have negative interest in any match he's in

Dean had an incredibly good run in 2016 including a very good match with old and broken HHH so while his entire run this year so far has been not good it's not like he's incapable.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

flatluigi posted:

He sucks and whatever charisma he had in the shield vanished when he went solo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't even have the energy to fight the bad anti-Dean takes after how much they've wasted him, thanks for making me not care about my favorite wrestler in your stupid company WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

His heel run has been so botched so effortlessly, and I don’t even know why I’m surprised about it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

His heel run has been so botched so effortlessly, and I don’t even know why I’m surprised about it

Thank God they got all that heat by turning him the night Roman Reigns left. That was so necessary.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

At least have Dean attack Roman in the hospital

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

on the contrary, it takes a huge amount of effort to write promos and segments that atrocious

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

At least have Dean attack Roman in the hospital

Face turn by having him smother Roman to put him out of his misery

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

on the contrary, it takes a huge amount of effort to write promos and segments that atrocious

They did almost a full month of him just going "wow you people stink :barf:"

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
what is that smell. i'm Dean Ambrose. something smells fishy 'round these parts. something stinks. the cruel irony is that the thing i am smelling is myself, Dean Ambrose.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The only reason Daniel Bryan's getting away with his new gimmick is that he's doing the 'real him tuned to 11' shtick, plus it's a bit that Vince probably sees as an inherent heel and is going to be baffled when Bryan starts to get face pops.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I used to love Dean and defend him and blame the booking, but how many times does he have to poo poo the bed in big spots before people admit it's just not happening with him?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dean's "GERMS and you stink" promos were the heel version of Sufferin Succotash, Son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dean isn’t bad. His ceiling certainly is much higher than his average, tho.