Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pivo posted:

I personally abhor the idea of perpetually paying a subscription fee to use a password manager, like it keeps you hostage. Also it makes a lot of sense to keep your vault files on Dropbox and manually handle backups yourself. You probably have cloud storage somewhere already -- why do you need to perpetually pay a fee for hundreds of kB of their cloud storage? It makes no sense.

You're not locked into anything. All of the managers allow you to export and import vaults. In the last two years I moved from Lastpass -> Dashlane -> 1Password with no issues.

Also it makes zero sense to install a second cloud app just to sync data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

FCKGW posted:

You're not locked into anything. All of the managers allow you to export and import vaults. In the last two years I moved from Lastpass -> Dashlane -> 1Password with no issues.

Also it makes zero sense to install a second cloud app just to sync data.

What? It's not about switching password managers. It's the ability to continue to use it without a constant parasitic charge on your credit card in perpetuity. If you don't want their service but still want to continue to use the version you have, you're stuck in read-only mode, unless you have a license.

By using Dropbox - a free account - to sync your vault, you don't need any of the features of the service.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Has anyone transitioned from the stand alone version to the subscription version? Last time I checked there were some hoops you have to jump through to change your account type and I didn’t want to deal with it at the time.

I’ve resigned myself to a death (of my wallet) by a thousand cuts with subscriptions.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pivo posted:

I personally abhor the idea of perpetually paying a subscription fee to use a password manager, like it keeps you hostage. Also it makes a lot of sense to keep your vault files on Dropbox and manually handle backups yourself. You probably have cloud storage somewhere already -- why do you need to perpetually pay a fee for hundreds of kB of their cloud storage? It makes no sense.

To purchase a standalone license, download 1Password. When it asks you to license it, there will be small text that says "Need a license? We have those too."

That being said - if a subscription works for you and you feel strongly about it, whatever, you do you. I've been posting about hating most software subscriptions in every thread that it comes up. IMO you have to evaluate each on their value that it adds, and for software like a password manager, I don't believe it adds any and instead is a liability.

Oh my god I had no idea you could just buy a stand-alone license still

I have mixed feelings about 1Password. They handled some updates poorly, charging for new versions that cut major features. I had a Mac, Windows machine, and iPhone so I got to pay three times. When they transitioned to the subscription model they dropped the ball insanely hard on the Windows version of the app, which languished in some weird half-updated limbo state for a while. Until recently, it would lock up for entire minutes at a time because the app was single threaded and trying to do too much (this is per the developers).

Still, I think it’s the best manager out there. For all its faults it truly does make security across hundreds of accounts a breeze.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you guys are insane using password managers

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

redeyes posted:

What?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pivo posted:

What? It's not about switching password managers. It's the ability to continue to use it without a constant parasitic charge on your credit card in perpetuity. If you don't want their service but still want to continue to use the version you have, you're stuck in read-only mode, unless you have a license.

By using Dropbox - a free account - to sync your vault, you don't need any of the features of the service.

I would rather know that the developer of the thing that knows all of my passwords can rely on a steady income stream.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

withak posted:

I would rather know that the developer of the thing that knows all of my passwords can rely on a steady income stream.

That's such a loving stupid argument. It doesn't "know all of your passwords", it doesn't know poo poo, your data is your own. It's a piece of software that reads and writes a specific file format and works across multiple devices in an elegant way. It's a good piece of software, but there's no reason it needs to be a service for most people. If you want a feature update, pay for it. If the company folds or the feature updates become too frequent / too expensive, take your data and find another software product that does offer what you want. If AgileBits can't survive as a company selling software, why is that your problem? You should feel guilty for opting out of their service? AgileBits will be just fine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't want to have to hunt around for a replacement every time a developer goes under. I want to keep using the same thing and for it to get security updates when needed.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

withak posted:

I don't want to have to hunt around for a replacement every time a developer goes under.

You say that like it happens frequently. True fact: If you started using 1Password, you've never had to switch! AgileBits are batting 1000!

withak posted:

I want to keep using the same thing and for it to get security updates when needed.

Cool, you've invented the standalone license.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am happy to pay for some confidence that updates will keep coming. I am also happy that there is the option for people to pay once and janitor it themselves if they are so inclined.

Not sure why this makes you so angry.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This article is doing the rounds comparing five password managers. It introduced me to Bitwarden and it looks pretty good.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Just to pour fuel on the fire, I've got to plug iCloud Keychain. I get the need for a password manager if you're using Windows or Android, but if you're in the Apple ecosystem and use Safari, it's hard to beat. Not that everyone here doesn't know about it already.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

redeyes posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Is there a good free program for remapping audio channels?

I've got three Thunderbolt displays on my desk. They've got six speakers among them, and I'd like to make use of them. Since the speakers are basically in a row, I'd like to treat them like a stereo setup, but with each channel going to three speakers.

I can use them all either as an aggregate device or as a multi-output group, but both options have problems. The biggest problem is that neither option has a master volume, so volume hotkeys and the menu bar slider don't work. Honestly, that's a dealbreaker on its own.

If I configure the speakers as an aggregate device, the OS assumes I have some kind of surround setup, which I don't, and which wouldn't do any good even if I did, because I'm just trying to play some two-channel music.

If I go with multi-output, it just outputs the same thing to each device, meaning I get a speaker arrangement of LRLRLR rather than LLLRRR. I guess that wouldn't be the end of the world, but if l also can't control the volume without opening up the MIDI configuration app, then gently caress that.

There's an app called Loopback that will let me map audio channels to speakers however I want and use the regular volume controls, but it's $100, which is way more than I am willing to spend on this.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Hoping someone can help me with a tech support issue. Visiting my parents for Christmas and my mums laptop (2011 MBA) )has a pretty perplexing issue.

At some point in September it was updated to High Sierra and I guess Documents and Desktop iCloud syncing was enabled (not sure if this was the default for a High Sierra upgrade?). From what I have read, enabling this deletes the Documents and Desktop folders from the users home dir, and maps them to ~/Library/Mobile Documents instead.

iCloud kept reporting an error with iCloud Drive, and Finder was constantly crashing. The error being displayed was:

quote:

iCloud Drive may not work properly. Please check the iCloud preference pane.

Couldn't communicate with the helper application

Of course there was nothing helpful in the iCloud preference pane.

I tried turning Documents & Desktop iCloud sync off, but Finder or something else must have crashed while it was doing this, because it has deleted the old folders from ~/Library/Mobile Documents, and has also not restored the ~/Desktop folder.

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ ls -lah
total 48
drwxr-xr-x   18 Mum  staff   576B 23 Dec 07:55 .
drwxr-xr-x    6 root  admin   192B 16 Nov  2017 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 Mum  staff     7B 10 Oct  2016 .CFUserTextEncoding
-rw-r--r--@   1 Mum  staff   8.0K 23 Dec 07:55 .DS_Store
drwx------    5 Mum  staff   160B 23 Dec 07:55 .Trash
-rw-------    1 Mum  staff   902B 23 Dec 07:39 .bash_history
drwx------   13 Mum  staff   416B 23 Dec 07:55 .bash_sessions
drwx------    3 Mum  staff    96B 10 Mar  2012 .cups
-rw-------    1 Mum  staff    28B 22 Dec 21:47 .lesshst
drwx------@   3 Mum  staff    96B 17 Mar  2017 Applications
drwx------@  59 Mum  staff   1.8K 23 Dec 07:38 Documents
drwx------+  88 Mum  staff   2.8K 17 Dec 17:57 Downloads
drwx------@  69 Mum  staff   2.2K 22 Dec 21:29 Library
drwx------+   9 Mum  staff   288B 30 Mar  2014 Movies
drwxr-xr-x+   6 Mum  staff   192B  4 Mar  2018 Music
drwxr-xr-x+ 151 Mum  staff   4.7K 11 Mar  2018 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x+   5 Mum  staff   160B 10 Mar  2012 Public
If I try to re-create the ~/Desktop folder in Finder, I get "The operation can't be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -43)."

Trying to re-create in Terminal I get:

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ mkdir Desktop
mkdir: .: No such file or directory
Stat shows nothing there:

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ stat Desktop
stat: Desktop: stat: No such file or directory
I assume there is some kind of hidden Mac OS filesystem feature that is hanging around, preventing a new Desktop folder from being created, but I don't really know what tools or commands to use... I did find the `@` switch for ls, which shows an extended attribute on the Documents folder of com.apple.icloud.desktop, which seems strange, and on my Mojave machine it does not have this.

Any clues for where I could look next?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

nitsuga posted:

Just to pour fuel on the fire, I've got to plug iCloud Keychain. I get the need for a password manager if you're using Windows or Android, but if you're in the Apple ecosystem and use Safari, it's hard to beat. Not that everyone here doesn't know about it already.

Apple Keychain is nice but it is a complete PITA to migrate from if you choose to use another one.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah but why would you ever need to migrate if you’re 💯% committed to the ecosystem? It‘s free, well integrated and gets better over the years.

(I get needing other managers for if you use Windows/Android/non-Safari browsers, just saying)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zwille posted:

Yeah but why would you ever need to migrate if you’re 💯% committed to the ecosystem? It‘s free, well integrated and gets better over the years.

(I get needing other managers for if you use Windows/Android/non-Safari browsers, just saying)

I don’t really want to commit to using Apple products for the rest of my life

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Granite Octopus posted:

Hoping someone can help me with a tech support issue. Visiting my parents for Christmas and my mums laptop (2011 MBA) )has a pretty perplexing issue.

At some point in September it was updated to High Sierra and I guess Documents and Desktop iCloud syncing was enabled (not sure if this was the default for a High Sierra upgrade?). From what I have read, enabling this deletes the Documents and Desktop folders from the users home dir, and maps them to ~/Library/Mobile Documents instead.

iCloud kept reporting an error with iCloud Drive, and Finder was constantly crashing. The error being displayed was:

Of course there was nothing helpful in the iCloud preference pane.

I tried turning Documents & Desktop iCloud sync off, but Finder or something else must have crashed while it was doing this, because it has deleted the old folders from ~/Library/Mobile Documents, and has also not restored the ~/Desktop folder.

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ ls -lah
total 48
drwxr-xr-x   18 Mum  staff   576B 23 Dec 07:55 .
drwxr-xr-x    6 root  admin   192B 16 Nov  2017 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 Mum  staff     7B 10 Oct  2016 .CFUserTextEncoding
-rw-r--r--@   1 Mum  staff   8.0K 23 Dec 07:55 .DS_Store
drwx------    5 Mum  staff   160B 23 Dec 07:55 .Trash
-rw-------    1 Mum  staff   902B 23 Dec 07:39 .bash_history
drwx------   13 Mum  staff   416B 23 Dec 07:55 .bash_sessions
drwx------    3 Mum  staff    96B 10 Mar  2012 .cups
-rw-------    1 Mum  staff    28B 22 Dec 21:47 .lesshst
drwx------@   3 Mum  staff    96B 17 Mar  2017 Applications
drwx------@  59 Mum  staff   1.8K 23 Dec 07:38 Documents
drwx------+  88 Mum  staff   2.8K 17 Dec 17:57 Downloads
drwx------@  69 Mum  staff   2.2K 22 Dec 21:29 Library
drwx------+   9 Mum  staff   288B 30 Mar  2014 Movies
drwxr-xr-x+   6 Mum  staff   192B  4 Mar  2018 Music
drwxr-xr-x+ 151 Mum  staff   4.7K 11 Mar  2018 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x+   5 Mum  staff   160B 10 Mar  2012 Public
If I try to re-create the ~/Desktop folder in Finder, I get "The operation can't be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -43)."

Trying to re-create in Terminal I get:

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ mkdir Desktop
mkdir: .: No such file or directory
Stat shows nothing there:

code:
Mums-MacBook-Air:~ Mum$ stat Desktop
stat: Desktop: stat: No such file or directory
I assume there is some kind of hidden Mac OS filesystem feature that is hanging around, preventing a new Desktop folder from being created, but I don't really know what tools or commands to use... I did find the `@` switch for ls, which shows an extended attribute on the Documents folder of com.apple.icloud.desktop, which seems strange, and on my Mojave machine it does not have this.

Any clues for where I could look next?

If it’s feasible, you could make another account and transfer whatever you can to that.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The 1password service is good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Milkman posted:

The 1password service is good

Yes it is friend. Yes it is.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

nitsuga posted:

If it’s feasible, you could make another account and transfer whatever you can to that.

Yeah was going to do that, but fsck was picking up some errors that seem unrecoverable. Going to have to wipe it I think

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Toast Museum posted:

Is there a good free program for remapping audio channels?

I've got three Thunderbolt displays on my desk. They've got six speakers among them, and I'd like to make use of them. Since the speakers are basically in a row, I'd like to treat them like a stereo setup, but with each channel going to three speakers.

I can use them all either as an aggregate device or as a multi-output group, but both options have problems. The biggest problem is that neither option has a master volume, so volume hotkeys and the menu bar slider don't work. Honestly, that's a dealbreaker on its own.

If I configure the speakers as an aggregate device, the OS assumes I have some kind of surround setup, which I don't, and which wouldn't do any good even if I did, because I'm just trying to play some two-channel music.

If I go with multi-output, it just outputs the same thing to each device, meaning I get a speaker arrangement of LRLRLR rather than LLLRRR. I guess that wouldn't be the end of the world, but if l also can't control the volume without opening up the MIDI configuration app, then gently caress that.

There's an app called Loopback that will let me map audio channels to speakers however I want and use the regular volume controls, but it's $100, which is way more than I am willing to spend on this.

Audio Hijack does everything so it can do this.
It costs money but not $100.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Looks like either the ssd is cactus or

Granite Octopus posted:

Yeah was going to do that, but fsck was picking up some errors that seem unrecoverable. Going to have to wipe it I think

Tried wiping it but it shut down half way through the restore then was unable to boot. Going to assume the ssd was cactus or some other hardware fault.

Replaced it with an iPad, and I’ll try and get a replacement ssd in the new year. Are the OWC ssds any good? This is for a 2011 mba.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gmq posted:

This article is doing the rounds comparing five password managers. It introduced me to Bitwarden and it looks pretty good.

I use BitWarden on all my devices and it works really well and is free. Highly recommend it. Even works on iOS.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My 2012 MBP started beachballing a lot all of a sudden. Is there a known reason why this would start happening? It doesn’t look like there are any high-CPU/memory processes going. Activity Monitor doesn’t tell me anything interesting either, aside from some big CPU spikes during the beachballing.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

My 2012 MBP started beachballing a lot all of a sudden. Is there a known reason why this would start happening? It doesn’t look like there are any high-CPU/memory processes going. Activity Monitor doesn’t tell me anything interesting either, aside from some big CPU spikes during the beachballing.

I've seen this several times when the HDD is about to go. Check your SMART status.. got backups?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

manero posted:

I've seen this several times when the HDD is about to go. Check your SMART status.. got backups?

SSD, in my case. SMART status is Verified for that disk, so I dunno if it’s the SSD, but it’s possible. Any way to check the health of the drive besides the SMART status?

Edit: if it helps, it takes a long time to check if a command is good or bad in Terminal.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

SSD, in my case. SMART status is Verified for that disk, so I dunno if it’s the SSD, but it’s possible. Any way to check the health of the drive besides the SMART status?

Edit: if it helps, it takes a long time to check if a command is good or bad in Terminal.

Yikes, yeah. That's the other thing with SSDs, I feel like there isn't as slow of a decline when they go, compared to spinny disks... they tend to just go.

On the off chance, how full is your SSD? They'll also slow down once they get pretty full.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Pollyanna posted:

Does Activity Monitor show what processes are responsible for those big spikes?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmm, reviewing the CPU history, I’m not seeing as much spiking as I would expect whenever beachballing happens. I’m not sure why the beachballing occurs either, whether that’s a CPU or a memory thing. What is its root cause?

The SSD is about 28% full. I recently deleted a ton of crap off of it tho, but I never went lower than 170gb available.

I can’t really tell what’s causing any spikes the: the Activity Monitor, it doesn’t go that in-depth.

The beachballing is worst when I hit F3, if it helps (the “show all windows” view).

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Open Console.app and see if anything's spamming it with errors that might give a clue

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
For whatever reason, the SATA cables on 2012 MBPs seem to be particularly fragile. If you have a USB/SATA adapter, pull the SSD and try booting from it while it's connected externally. If it works fine that way, try replacing the SATA cable.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Is there a go-to SVG editor for Mac? Occasionally I just need to resize or do some basic tweaks to an icon, so I don’t need anything fancy (or expensive).

I already have Inkscape and I hate using it, which is why I’m asking.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
My go-to for vectors right now is Affinity Designer.

I remember Graphic by Picta being alright for bare-bones type of editing. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/graphic/id404705039?mt=12

There's also Gravit Designer, but they push a pro subscription plan pretty hard. I think for basic things, you can keep using it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy drat, that Affinity stuff looks like the better-than-Adobe suite I've always been waiting for. Is it too good to be true?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pivo posted:

Open Console.app and see if anything's spamming it with errors that might give a clue

Is there a a particular log I should look in?

I do see what is I guess a lot of messages around the time of the beachballing:

code:
12/29/18 1:01:36.780 PM Google Chrome Helper[7211]: CFPreferences is forcing direct access mode on for this process. It's slower, uses more memory, and doesn't respond to changes immediately. Update your sandbox profile to allow cfprefsd access!
12/29/18 1:01:36.000 PM kernel[0]: Google Chrome He[7211] triggered unnest of range 0x7fff90200000->0x7fff90400000 of DYLD shared region in VM map 0xf06a8f090dabd5f5. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.
12/29/18 1:03:03.612 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>: notification observer: com.apple.iChat   notification: __CFNotification 0x7f9360626e30 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbEnabledNotification}
12/29/18 1:03:04.496 PM WindowServer[152]: CGError post_notification(const CGSNotificationType, void *const, const size_t, const bool, const CGSRealTimeDelta, const int, const CGSConnectionID *const, const pid_t): Timed out 1.000 second wait for reply from "Karabiner" for synchronous notification type 102 (kCGSDisplayWillSleep) (CID 0x12203, PID 451)
12/29/18 1:03:04.497 PM WindowServer[152]: device_generate_desktop_screenshot: authw 0x0(0), shield 0x7fb69a359c00(2001)
12/29/18 1:03:06.653 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>:    NC Disabled: NO
12/29/18 1:03:06.661 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>:   DND Enabled: YES
12/29/18 1:03:06.661 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>: Updating enabled: NO   (Topics: (
))
12/29/18 1:03:06.699 PM WindowServer[152]: device_generate_lock_screen_screenshot: authw 0x0(0)[inf, inf, 0, 0] shield 0x7fb69a359c00(2001), dev [1280,800]
12/29/18 1:05:01.125 PM WindowServer[152]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [7676238649445]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
12/29/18 1:05:01.126 PM WindowServer[152]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: Deferring.
12/29/18 1:05:01.243 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>: notification observer: com.apple.iChat   notification: __CFNotification 0x7f936047e690 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbDisabledNotification}
12/29/18 1:05:11.296 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>:    NC Disabled: NO
12/29/18 1:05:16.313 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>:   DND Enabled: NO
12/29/18 1:05:16.314 PM identityservicesd[239]: <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f9360423850>: Updating enabled: YES   (Topics: (
))
12/29/18 1:05:21.484 PM Karabiner[451]: observer_NSWorkspaceScreensDidWakeNotification
12/29/18 1:05:21.718 PM lsd[232]: LaunchServices: Could not store lsd-identifiers file at /private/var/db/lsd/com.apple.lsdschemes.plist
12/29/18 1:05:21.919 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.quicklook[7394]) Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
12/29/18 1:05:23.642 PM lsd[232]: LaunchServices: Could not store lsd-identifiers file at /private/var/db/lsd/com.apple.lsdschemes.plist
12/29/18 1:05:34.013 PM Console[7404]: Failed to connect (_consoleX) outlet from (NSApplication) to (ConsoleX): missing setter or instance variable
12/29/18 1:07:16.761 PM GoogleJapaneseInput[297]: IMKServer Stall detected, *please Report* your user scenario attaching a spindump (or sysdiagnose) that captures the problem - (setValue:forTag:reply:) block performed very slowly (5.82 secs)

I tried sysdiagnose last night, and it timed out on most things it tried to do. That doesn't bode well.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I may have asked this before, but what are opinions on Carbon Copy Cloner for cloning volumes to new drives? I recently grabbed newer and larger SSDs/HDDs to replace my home drive and volumes and I want to ensure that the copying process goes smoothly and no file locations or software licenses are broken. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Holy drat, that Affinity stuff looks like the better-than-Adobe suite I've always been waiting for. Is it too good to be true?

I use it, but only for fairly basic stuff.

My dad however, swears by it and has completely replaced Photoshop with it in his workflow. He’s much more serious about his photography than I am, so take it for what it’s worth.