Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Endorph posted:

tag yourself im anime feminist wedding items

i'm in the market for utena swords for our wedding ceremony. i hope those fall under "inclusive wedding items"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I kept reading that as ani femahep

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
anime feminist hemp

RME
Feb 20, 2012

merch that's every appearance trump has had as president of the united states in anime, replaced with drawn over hillary

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sharkopath posted:

Coward Merch.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
yeah I'm definitely the coward merch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RME posted:

merch that's every appearance trump has had as president of the united states in anime, replaced with drawn over hillary
lmao

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark it's my birthday.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Grouchio posted:

it's my birthday.

i'm sorry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I want to celebrate black history month in a way that's true to my roots, as an anime fan, but subtly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I want to celebrate black history month in a way that's true to my roots, as an anime fan, but subtly
the most important part of black history month is the piccolo t-shirts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually wait holy gently caress i just realized that they want to merchandize black history month and the transgender day of remembrance

holy gently caress

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

There can be no such thing as subtle-anime feminist-merch so long as we live under the yoke of Capitalism. The only ethical source of subtle-anime feminist merch is that which you knit yourself after trading bootleg copies of anime to the local farmers for some cotton.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

There can be no such thing as subtle-anime feminist-merch so long as we live under the yoke of Capitalism. The only ethical source of subtle-anime feminist merch is that which you knit yourself after trading bootleg copies of anime to the local farmers for some cotton.
the only ethical source of anime feminist merch is the insanely buff crossdresser who sells booze outside comiket every winter

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

the only ethical source of anime feminist merch is the insanely buff crossdresser who sells booze outside comiket every winter
yeah I miss dilbert too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Wark it's my birthday.
That's cool. You should do something neat for your birthday.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

yeah I miss dilbert too

i would not describe dilbert as ethical or feminist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

I always wondered who they modelled the Earth Angel mama-san on in Yakuza

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

What magic words do I need to type into google to get the buff cosplayers? All I'm getting is a bunch of cheesecake.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
aniFEMA

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Whoever did the dub for HiScore Girl needs a serious talking to.
The localisation is all over the place and can’t decide if it wants to use JP terminology (Referring to Dictator as ‘Vega’ in SF 2) or US (SNES, Turbo Graphix 16).

If Netflix are gonna blue-ball for six plus months they can at least have their poo poo together.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

furthermore, she refers to doki doki panic by its american name, hotel mario

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

tag yourself im anime feminist wedding items

I'm (influenced by anime)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm gonna buy a shirt with harriet tubman levelling a Sharp's Rifle but theres a kyuu-chan on her shoulder

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

The localisation is all over the place and can’t decide if it wants to use JP terminology (Referring to Dictator as ‘Vega’ in SF 2) or US (SNES, Turbo Graphix 16).

If Netflix are gonna blue-ball for six plus months they can at least have their poo poo together.

It's most likely just a lack of familiarity with the material.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

but for real all the subtle nod type of clothing is so subtle it might as well just not have a graphic at all most of the time

wear ostentatious as hell anime graphic tees instead, and do it proudly

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Julias posted:

Besides a lack of familiarity as Endorph suggested, it's also possible that the translators had to run the choices of which names to use in the translation with the Japanese producers, and possibly even with the game producers and companies that allowed for them to use their copywrited work in the comic/show in the first place.

That sounded like it makes sense but I’m watching ep 6 and now they’re using “M.Bison” in the dub and using “Dictator” in the subs!

This feels like watching the old Kotaku subs for GCCX.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 29, 2018

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

im a real eva fan, you can tell because my black shirt has a tiny grey nerv logo on the sleeve and nothing else on it

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The only anime merch bold and brash enough for true anime fans are ahegao hoodies.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
♫ I am a real EVA fan
Jerk off onto Asuka like a man ♫

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ConanThe3rd posted:

Don’t get cute. This feels really badly done on Netflix’s part.

You have my full support because Netflix also has to pay for the crime of only releasing episodes 1-13 of Baki.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ConanThe3rd posted:

Besides a lack of familiarity as Endorph suggested, it's also possible that the translators had to run the choices of which names to use in the translation with the Japanese producers, and possibly even with the game producers and companies that allowed for them to use their copywrited work in the comic/show in the first place.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah.

Doesn't excuse it as a problem, of course.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

♫ I am a real EVA fan
Jerk off onto Asuka like a man ♫

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

The only anime merch bold and brash enough for true anime fans are ahegao hoodies.

I saw one of these in the wild once. Running free, as it were.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

That's cool. You should do something neat for your birthday.
Today I'll go amazon shopping. Tomorrow I'll go bowling with family in Portsmouth. And recieve presents in the mail. Maybe go downtown for new years.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why am I so low-energy low-enthusiastic on my own birthday?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grouchio posted:

It's called getting old. You have reached true oldness when you stop even noticing them.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

This comic is big mood once you get past a certain age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

Make the most of your laps around the sun, you're still alive and kicking.