Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
pictland for the picts, dirty scots go home!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Just as soon as they win an election on that platform I will happily acede to the demands of the Pictavian Liberation Army

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

It's me, the guy nursing the wounds of the saxon invasions of the 600s AD, keeping the fires of hate alive. The normal man

so are you just as pig-ignorant as the average english, or are you making a joke pretending the conquest of wales happened six centuries early

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

so are you just as pig-ignorant as the average english, or are you making a joke pretending the conquest of wales happened six centuries early

Sorry I was talking about the time some of the ancestors of the English conquered england from some of their other ancestors. But its fine to be mad about the 1200s also

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sorry I was talking about the time some of the ancestors of the English conquered england from some of their other ancestors. But its fine to be mad about the 1200s also

ah, just ignorant then, cool. about what i'd expect from an inbred swamp german

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

ah, just ignorant then, cool. about what i'd expect from an inbred swamp german

lol

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

One day the Welsh will throw off the yoke of English oppression and once again be free to benefit from Wales' vast reserves of gravel and consonants.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Fallen Hamprince posted:

One day the Welsh will throw off the yoke of English oppression and once again be free to benefit from Wales' vast reserves of gravel and consonants.

They also have some nice cheese and at least one whiskey so that's several more resources than England!

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

It’s the Corns who are up to something; have you ever noticed that all the major media outlets and big banks and owned and run by the Cornish?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cornwall will always and forever be linked to the dark is rising series for me.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mackers posted:

I wasn't expecting an honest "who gives a gently caress" answer to the millions and millions of murders, rapes and slaves your plague of a people have caused.

But gosh.

I hope you end up a refugee.

nice meltdown

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

wait another one

makes you proud to be english

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

So rather than just clogging up the roads around Dover they'll clog the roads in other areas too. Dunno wtf they think they'll do in Poole. The port isn't that big and there are no roads bigger than a dual carriageway in the whole county.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

why are people mad at the food critic for saying British food is bad and saying he is racist

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nonsense posted:

why are people mad at the food critic for saying British food is bad and saying he is racist

he called jews kikes?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he called jews kikes?

whoopsy!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

alphabettitouretti posted:

So rather than just clogging up the roads around Dover they'll clog the roads in other areas too. Dunno wtf they think they'll do in Poole. The port isn't that big and there are no roads bigger than a dual carriageway in the whole county.

I think, judging by what Brittany Ferries usually run, they're just going to have the three routes quoted run each way twice a day as opposed to each way once a day. I live in Portsmouth, and I have no idea what it's going to be like if it's existing services start getting fully loaded with trucks including this extra one they're going to run

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tarbrush posted:

There are few things as embarrassing in British politics as the fbpe crowd

didn’t realize the Florida board of professional engineers had such a following across the pond

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Yinlock posted:

lord squarehead presents a kompelling kase

That's Chris Morris scrub.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lmao

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/kieran_hurley/status/928932744528322560

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxO0UdpoxM

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

It's me, the guy nursing the wounds of the saxon invasions of the 600s AD, keeping the fires of hate alive. The normal man

I think he meant me. Not that guy having a normal one. I assume that guy is and American "leftist" because he is very angry at the wrong people.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

tarbrush posted:

There are few things as embarrassing in British politics as the fbpe crowd

I still don't really get what FBPE is? Just a hashtag for pro EU people?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

no its a group of canadians who are so incensed about an oil spill they're trolling british twitter, it means 'gently caress british petroleum, eh?'

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nonsense posted:

This is why he's racist

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1046399439642996739?s=19

People are also.mocking him for this

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1078788960279769088?s=19

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

they're the Argentinians who rigged the referendum in favour of Brexit. Finally, Belgrano Payback Effected

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Former DILF posted:

no its a group of canadians who are so incensed about an oil spill they're trolling british twitter, it means 'gently caress british petroleum, eh?'

Canadians should stay out of politics imho.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

I think there should be a police investigation for possible noncing, just in case

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Bert Roberge posted:

I still don't really get what FBPE is? Just a hashtag for pro EU people?

in principle yeah, stands for Follow Back; Pro European

in practice, think about the kind of people who would look at that hashtag and go "yes, this will solve Brexit"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I remember there being an article celebrating pasta and Giles Coren said "... it's peasant food."

Twat.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
So, uh, Victoria got all the brains, huh?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Heavy_D posted:

in principle yeah, stands for Follow Back; Pro European

in practice, think about the kind of people who would look at that hashtag and go "yes, this will solve Brexit"

There was a Novara Media interview with the Scientists for EU guy which was not nearly as bad as I expected, but then Q&A came up and he just started going on about Twitter hashtags as if they had any kind of impact on politics at all

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Norton the First posted:

So, uh, Victoria got all the brains, huh?

God, I hope so, if only so I can continue liking David Mitchell.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

CommissarMega posted:

God, I hope so, if only so I can continue liking David Mitchell.

He's probably awful too

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
David Mitchell owns a Phil Collins CD. There, he's poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZtOyiec5-g

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Never understood why people are so impressed with someone pronouncing that place, it sounds as it's spelt so it's not difficult.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

And take back the water, though looking out my window Wales could do with getting rid of as much water as possible.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Haven't the Welsh been historically discriminated against and treated like dirt, much like the cornish and the irish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Haven't the Welsh been historically discriminated against and treated like dirt, much like the cornish and the irish?

yup, but because the colonial process happened earlier than any other and they're small in number fell under the radar.

The English spent a long time literally killing all the bards so they'd stop singing songs saying Arthur wasn't dead and was going to return and drive the hated foreigners back into the sea