Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

all Canadians are either Yinlock or Baloogan so heavy drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

uber_stoat posted:

I can't wait for the Canadians and Aussies to reveal how they plan to destroy themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0pnZcUF6w

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

I wasn't expecting an honest "who gives a gently caress" answer to the millions and millions of murders, rapes and slaves your plague of a people have caused.

But gosh.

I hope you end up a refugee.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Mackers posted:

I wasn't expecting an honest "who gives a gently caress" answer to the millions and millions of murders, rapes and slaves your plague of a people have caused.

But gosh.

he's welsh

he's already a refugee in his own land

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

uber_stoat posted:

I can't wait for the Canadians and Aussies to reveal how they plan to destroy themselves.

Canada is experimenting with their method through local Ontario government.
Aussies are already a trash fire with immigrant concentration camps and probably the heaviest racism of us all.

The real question is what will the Kiwis do?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grape posted:

Aussies are already a trash fire with immigrant concentration camps and probably the heaviest racism of us all.

be destroyed by earthquakes?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im enjoying brexit because my people were genocided out of britan in the 1700s

rip gamer ancestors

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.

Grape posted:

I thought their Labour PM was good, except on immigration, being in a coalition with the anti-immigrant party. but like, she’s explicitly anti-capitalist? it is New Zealand so this is all from memory and one minute on wiki.

New Zealand will be fine because when the rest of the Anglo world starts the nuclear war to finally cleanse this planet, nobody will have thought to target them.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mackers posted:

But gosh.

Sorry.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tewdrig posted:

I thought their Labour PM was good, except on immigration, being in a coalition with the anti-immigrant party. but like, she’s explicitly anti-capitalist? it is New Zealand so this is all from memory and one minute on wiki.

New Zealand will be fine because when the rest of the Anglo world starts the nuclear war to finally cleanse this planet, nobody will have thought to target them.

Isn't New Zealand where the uber rich are building their doomsday bunker/palaces? On the one hand you'll survive, but on the other hand, Immortan Bezos will be your new master.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.

sullat posted:

Isn't New Zealand where the uber rich are building their doomsday bunker/palaces? On the one hand you'll survive, but on the other hand, Immortan Bezos will be your new master.

hey, it is. https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2018-rich-new-zealand-doomsday-preppers/ the article says the government banned the practice this year, so we are all out of luck

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sullat posted:

On that this article is pretty great.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/23/tech-industry-wealth-futurism-transhumanism-singularity

quote:

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed in time.

Come the apocalypse take heart that Immortan Bezos will finally be eaten alive by the workers he's treating like poo poo.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tewdrig posted:

PM's a tepid neolib at best, any anti-capitalist sentiment is almost certainly misdirection and they're currently in coalition government with a mob of howling fascists. There's a lot of anti-immigrant sentiment, mainly directed at the Chinese, but it suffers from the old kiwi issue that no one can really be arsed to do anything about it

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/DougLipson/status/1078909898702778368

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Grape posted:

I know Trudeau is a neoliberal shill and Canada pulls a lot of bullshit with First Nation Peoples, but what's this about Ontario?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Forceholy posted:

I know Trudeau is a neoliberal shill and Canada pulls a lot of bullshit with First Nation Peoples, but what's this about Ontario?

did you miss premier sir cracksalot or

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Yinlock posted:

did you miss premier sir cracksalot or

Nah, I'm American but my knowledge on Canadian politics is lacking

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Forceholy posted:

Nah, I'm American but my knowledge on Canadian politics is lacking

basically doug ford is, as expected, just being a liberal but worse and the right is gathering the land's racists and theives. our dumbass prime minister is too busy jacking off to pipelines to notice

we probably won't get a nazi next election but the one after is 100% going to be a turbohitler

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 08:35 on Dec 29, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

What the gently caress is wrong with YouTube

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jose posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with YouTube

it uses ad revenue to earn money

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

:stoked:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lord squarehead presents a kompelling kase

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Yinlock posted:

basically doug ford is, as expected, just being a liberal but worse and the right is gathering the land's racists and theives. our dumbass prime minister is too busy jacking off to pipelines to notice

we probably won't get a nazi next election but the one after is 100% going to be a turbohitler

buck a beer
Buck A Beer
BUCK A BEER

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

buck a beer
Buck A Beer
BUCK A BEER

i just googled this and lol

does it make cases kinda uneconomical to buy?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1078947659556290561?s=19

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Whole new reason for the 'Brexit is Brexit' thing.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

An insane mind posted:

Whole new reason for the 'Brexit is Brexit' thing.

no, it's the reason it always has been.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1078960850222882816?s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TALKING DOWN BRITANE

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Barristerblog/status/1078927381413482496

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

My favorite British music genre

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1078991036649738240

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Through a US style real estate and commodities bubble.

Also electing Trumpian right wing leaders.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

There are few things as embarrassing in British politics as the fbpe crowd

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

etalian posted:

Through a US style real estate and commodities bubble.

Also electing Trumpian right wing leaders.

We haven't managed to have a Prime Minister last their whole term in a decade.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tarbrush posted:

#RJCOB

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

https://twitter.com/fascinatorfun/s...ingawful.com%2F

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I've not really come across that one much, but there's a #FBPE bellend making GBS threads up basically every thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Coohoolin posted:

he's welsh

he's already a refugee in his own land

It's me, the guy nursing the wounds of the saxon invasions of the 600s AD, keeping the fires of hate alive. The normal man