Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop:

Dear lord she foreshadowed a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

Ben Garrison's Trump is at least 6'8 and 300 pounds of pure muscle.

I'm assuming that all the mirrors in the White House just have Garrison's Trump drawings taped to them.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ErIog posted:

Ken White is naive, but I don't think really harmful. When talking himself he's pretty good about outlining how restrictions on 1A have been used to punish leftists and minorities. He's not one of these crypto-fascist guys masquerading as a libertarian free speech advocate while pushing fascism. The problem, though, is due to him being naive he's not great at discerning when other people are crypto-fascists.

Comparing to Elizabeth Bruenig is pretty apt, but I think the better comparison is Matt Bruenig. Ken White is an autist for 1A instead of economic justice.

When you're literally a dude's lawyer when he's getting dinged for being incredibly corrupt and unethical, I don't think you can be called 'naive' when it comes to a dude who you promote.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm assuming that all the mirrors in the White House just have Garrison's Trump drawings taped to them.

No, those are on the ceilings above the beds

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have been having this really deep primal urge to have kids lately and it’s super weird.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Spiffster posted:

:eyepop:

Dear lord she foreshadowed a lot

https://twitter.com/Bre_payton/status/1065695272146165760

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Lightning Knight posted:

The original premise of this discussion was whether or not we should call a lawyer who chooses to defend Nazis a piece of poo poo. I say yes.

You may (yay free speach!).

Lightning Knight posted:

If lawyers don’t want to be judged for choosing to take on lovely clients (as opposed to being assigned to said clients) then they shouldn’t do that.

There is no right to not be offended (yay free speach!). Good lawyers rarely are.

"Ruth Bader Ginsburg back working the Supreme Court 72 hours after lung cancer surgery"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...g-a8698326.html

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Kchama posted:

When you're literally a dude's lawyer when he's getting dinged for being incredibly corrupt and unethical, I don't think you can be called 'naive' when it comes to a dude who you promote.

yeah i feel like this argument has been extended by people just focusing on the representation and trying not to think about the part where he literally gives the nazi gently caress a platform and publishes his nazi poo poo

the whole "bad people need attorneys too" is something i agree with, but we know Ken White is literally this guy's publisher. it's not some pure issue of principle

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

counter counter point: sometimes the ACLU goes dumb absolutist too like defending Milo's 'right' to buy ads on a bus or whatever. Justice isn't about pretending that the world has to conform to some weird hyper libertarian world where these absolute rights already are in effect and it's their job to maintain that status quo. Sometimes defending these people harms others' civil liberties, but even then literally no one is saying 'no defense' this is entirely based on people calling a lawyer who sought them out and platformed them a scumbag.

This seems extremely stupid. Even if there are times civil rights like speech should be restricted you still would want that to be decided in good courts with good lawyers, not in some sort of kangaroo court.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Monaghan posted:

Guys who take on nazi clients knowing they are nazi's are jerks.
You're just saying that because of the chilling effect this thread has had on Nazi lawyers.

(Mission accomplished.) :ssh:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

eke out posted:

yeah i feel like this argument has been extended by people just focusing on the representation and trying not to think about the part where he literally gives the nazi gently caress a platform and publishes his nazi poo poo

the whole "bad people need attorneys too" is something i agree with, but we know Ken White is literally this guy's publisher. it's not some pure issue of principle

Lmao goddamn popehat is bad.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Regarding Trump’s physical, the government will never release bad health news about a President. The Secret Service literally collects all of Trump’s turds when he travels just so foreign governments can’t analyze it for diseases. Ronny Jackson’s “200 years!” bullshit was unusual, but he was never going to say our big wet President has the sugars.

As for Nazi lawyers, there was one dumbass in a straw hat who was representing a lot of the Charlottesville Nazi’s. He’s a Nazi lawyer. The thing is, the free market dictates that someone who specializes in such abhorrent clients is probably not a great lawyer since his clients are people who can’t find anyone else to represent them. He’s a counsel of last resort. If he was good, he’d be appealing to a broader range of clients and he wouldn’t need to Himmler it up with skinheads.

So let’s embrace Nazi lawyers because it means White Nationalists are getting the best representation a 3rd rate law school can provide. They’re not being denied their right to due process, but at the same time they’re not getting their money’s worth either.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

This seems extremely stupid. Even if there are times civil rights like speech should be restricted you still would want that to be decided in good courts with good lawyers, not in some sort of kangaroo court.
Wait, if I have a platform and I don't let Nazis use it, that's a "kangaroo court?" Tell me I'm totally misreading you here, please.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

ken white lets marc randazza post his infowars appearances on the popehat blog

https://www.popehat.com/2018/05/30/randazza-latest-appearance-on-infowars/

before youtube banned the infowars account, i mean. ken white doesn't just represent a nazi. he gives his platform to the nazi and other nazis.

B B fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 30, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

counter counter point: sometimes the ACLU goes dumb absolutist too like defending Milo's 'right' to buy ads on a bus or whatever.

also lol.

the aclu filed a suit challenging content-based restrictions on ads on buses on behalf of a bunch of different plaintiffs that had their ads rejected:

quote:

The case was filed on behalf of the ACLU; women’s health care collective Carafem, specializing in family planning and abortion care; Milo Worldwide LLC, the company of conservative commentator and writer Milo Yiannopoulos; and animal rights non-profit People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

when you leave out everyone else and imply the ACLU is just defending milo, it almost seems like you're just trying to score some points about some poo poo you don't actually care about. including a far-right plaintiff to show that the improper restrictions on speech are applying to all groups is meaningfully different than profiting from representing nazis

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
Referential taxation:

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

freeasinbeer posted:

I have been having this really deep primal urge to have kids lately and it’s super weird.

:respek: what up mid-30's buddy

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Krispy Wafer posted:

So let’s embrace Nazi lawyers because it means White Nationalists are getting the best representation a 3rd rate law school can provide. They’re not being denied their right to due process, but at the same time they’re not getting their money’s worth either.
Nah, let's call him a white supremacist sack of poo poo who can go after his clients who he also failed to save from The People's Justice.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

lol remember when he had to sign that international agreement, and he signed his name in all three spots for signatories to sign?
Sorry to tell you, it was a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_CnCD54L_M&t=4670s

Trudeau didn't hold his copy up, likely because he believes it's a useless piece of bog-rag. But there's no credible reports of donny actually loving it up.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
For Trump's physical, they should just copy and paste that bit from the autopsy of Charles II of Spain: "his heart was the size of a peppercorn; his lungs corroded; his intestines rotten and gangrenous; he had a single testicle, black as coal, and his head was full of water."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Who is Bre Payton?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Cable Guy posted:

Sorry to tell you, it was a hoax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_CnCD54L_M&t=4670s

Trudeau didn't hold his copy up, likely because he believes it's a useless piece of bog-rag. But there's no credible reports of donny actually loving it up.

Good to know. It's still a orange poo poo smear, but actual fake news is much, much worse.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Gaunab posted:

Who is Bre Payton?

Was

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

Who is Bre Payton?

Just searched.

"Bre Payton, 26-year-old conservative writer, dies following sudden illness"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/us/bre-payton-conservative-commentator-dies/index.html

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Gaunab posted:

Who is Bre Payton?

An anti-vaxxer writer for the Federalist who died of a combination of food poisoning from a bad lobster sub from Quiznos, flu, and meningitis.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

B B posted:

An anti-vaxxer Federalist writer who died of a combination of food poisoning from a bad lobster sub from Quiznos, flu, and meningitis.

Please tell me that first one is true.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

B B posted:

An anti-vaxxer writer for the Federalist who died of a combination of food poisoning from a bad lobster sub from Quiznos, flu, and meningitis.

Are we sure it wasn’t a suicide given that she voluntarily ordered and ate a lobster sub from Quiznos?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Please tell me that first one is true.

https://twitter.com/Bre_payton/status/80193161552605184

https://twitter.com/Bre_payton/status/1074720827705356288

https://twitter.com/Quiznos/status/1075044320116436992

quote:

Bre Payton, US conservative news writer, dies at 26

The conservative US writer and commentator Bre Payton has died at the age of 26 after falling ill.

A friend, Morgan Murtaugh, found her unconscious on Thursday. She died in hospital where she was found to be suffering from H1N1 flu and meningitis.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46708656

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol the libertarian's final twitter interaction included Engaging With Brands

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Smeef posted:

Are we sure it wasn’t a suicide given that she voluntarily ordered and ate a lobster sub from Quiznos?

Given that the FDA is sub-funded, maybe all restaurants get to be bonus suicide booths now?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they're gonna bury in in the Libertarian hall of fame between Ayn Rand and A Guy Who Shot His Own Dick Off With A Nailgun While Trying To Build His Own House In Unincorporated Land

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reminder that Rand died on public assistance, getting chemo under a false name.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

#DieToasty, apparently.

That's some unfortunate marketing.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

Our health Care system can't even keep up with the long term problems obesity causes now, what will happen when the first majority overweight generation hits their 60s?
The future’s looking bright for the dialysis business.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is like all the hand jokes in Arrested Development.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Anyone who can afford my hourly rate deserves representation including nazis, Wells Fargo, Smith & Wesson, Walmart, Phillip Morris, Facebook, BP, the CIA, Hitler, the State of Israel, the company that makes the tents where immigrant children are dying, Harvey Weinstein, Kim Jong Un, Nick Saban, Mohammed Bin Salman, priests that molest kids, OJ Simpson.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Anyone who can afford my hourly rate deserves representation including nazis, Wells Fargo, Smith & Wesson, Walmart, Phillip Morris, Facebook, BP, the CIA, Hitler, the State of Israel, the company that makes the tents where immigrant children are dying, Harvey Weinstein, Kim Jong Un, Nick Saban, Mohammed Bin Salman, priests that molest kids, OJ Simpson.

i'm sorry but you lost me at nick saban

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Nick Saban? You sick gently caress.

Edit: welp.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
No, you see legal representation isn't a finite resource that should have some small modicum of justice in its proportional allotment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Who is Bre Payton?