Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

LadyPictureShow posted:

(39M) was stranded on side of road from (37F) fiance due to drug induced phychosis

What in the...

ESL, Stoned, or Stupid? YOU make the call!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

are drug use has been escalating

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Barudak posted:

I recommend hiring a red bull and driving them into the sea until you find just the right one

nice

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Khazar-khum posted:

ESL or Stupid?

[uncle]What's the difference?:haw:[/uncle]

Happy holidays everyone!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Husband [27] blames me [29] for our daughters [4] injury

To make a long story short, I was out with my family. My husband told me to hold our daughter even though she's getting too big for me. While I was holding her, he thought it would be funny to jump out and grab my waist from behind. I was started and dropped our daughter. She fell and broke her wrist.

My husband is very mad at me and keeps telling me it's my fault for dropping her, and it's making me feel terrible. I asked him to stop and he keeps doing it. He also told me I had to pay the copay for her wrist out of my personal account instead of our joint account, which we would normally use to cover this sort of thing. I want to tell him no, but I don't know how he will repond and I don't know if I'm in the wrong. What to do?

Tl;dr dropped my daughter and she broke her wrist, husband constantly brings it up and wants me to pay for the injury myself

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (22F) new roommate (26M) is upset that we aren't sharing finances. How can I explain this to him?

I'm not sure if he's never had a roommate situation before or what, but my new roommate seems to think we should be sharing finances.

He invited me to go grocery shopping with him which I'd figured was just a nice gesture to get both of our shopping done with one car and one trip. But when we got to the grocery store he put all of his stuff in the cart mixed in with my stuff and expected me to pay for his food and mine! Which I only learned when we were already at the cashier ringing up. He hadn't even brought his money. I gingerly brought it up after the fact that every roommate I've ever had before, we buy our own groceries. And he seemed alright with it.

Then about a week later I came home and he has made an entire meal with all of my groceries and offered me some food, as if it wasn't my food in the first place. Again I just kindly asked if he could ask me before using my stuff. Thought he was okay with it.

Then two days ago he texts me and says he paid the full amount of rent (since this is the first month we start paying) and I can give him my half to repay him. Every roommate I've had in the past, we paid each half of our rent separately and my one landlord was even adamant about it being that way. So I told him that, he said it was fine and he'd remember for next month.

But now he's being passive aggressive and ignoring me. I don't understand why he thinks any of this is anything to get upset over. I make my paycheck to support myself, not him!! How do I get that through his head? And how can I fix this relationship now?

TL;DR: New roommate has been ignoring me because I've asked him that we pay rent and groceries separately and for him not to eat my food without asking. How do I get him to understand without ruining this friendship even more? I really don't want to live with someone I don't like being around

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [33M] son [6M] has started calling my wifes [29F] boyfriend [29M] dad and it's upsetting me.

This is a complicated situation and I'm really emotional right now, so please bare with me. I'll try to explain everything as best as I can. I have been with my wife Amy for 8 years and we have a 7 year old son named Bryce. In the beginning our marriage was great but over the last couple years we've had some issues. My wife lost her job 2 years ago and in turn became depressed. I wanted to give her time to work things out and I didn't want to rush her so I got a second job working on weekends. I was extremely exhausted constantly trying to provide for her and my son while also being there for her emotionally. With her being depressed and me working constantly and taking care of our son our sex life was non existent. We went months and months without sex. I figured it would just take time. I didn't want to be aggressive or too pushy so I didn't really say anything.

A couple months back, during the summer, she tells me she had been seeing another man for a month or so at that point. I was devastated. I didn't understand why she would do that. I asked her to explain and she said it kind of just happened. She told me she went for a walk one day with our dog and met this guy named Matt at the park. He was super flirty she said and asked for her number. She says she doesn't know why but she gave him her number and they started txting and eventually she went to his place where they had sex. I couldn't believe what she was telling me. Here I am working 2 jobs trying to support her and our son Bryce, and she's cheating on me with some guy. I was so mad I immediately just left and stayed at a friends place.

The next day I came back wanting to figure out what to do next. She was very apologetic, saying how sorry she was and how much she loved me. When I asked if she was still seeing him though she said yes. She said she wanted to stay married to me and to also have Matt as a boyfriend. She said having both of us in her life was important to her and that having both of us there for her was getting her out of her depression. I didn't know what to say. I still loved my wife and wanted her to be happy but I felt so betrayed too.

Against my better judgement, I decided to stay with her and try to work on our marriage so she could see that she didn't need Matt in her life, which was very stupid now I see. She was ecstatic though of course that she could now see him without hiding it. At this point I'm still working 2 jobs though, while Amy still wasn't working. So while I would be at work Matt would come over and they would spend time together. This has been going on since August. Because I would also be working late on weekdays and working during weekends Amy asked Matt to help bring Bryce to school and pick him up, take him to his after school activities, sports stuff, swimming lessons, etc... They would play games together, go shopping together. Originally when me and Amy spoke to our son about who Matt was we just said she was a friend of Mom's here to help so I guess he didn't really think much of it. Basically though he was doing everything I couldn't as a father because I was working, they even went on a weekend trip together to Matt's cottage.

He started staying over too and me and Amy felt like we were drifting further and futher apart. She even asked me if I minded sleeping in the basement when Matt came over so they could have the room and I agreed thinking it made her happy at least.

Fast forward to December, I had fly across the country for work so I was gone 3 days. When I got back I overheard Bryce talking to Amy while he was getting ready for bed about how he had such a fun couple of days with dad. I had been out of the country for 3 days so he obviously didn't mean me, he meant Matt. And Amy didn't correct him when he said that, she just told him she was glad he was enjoyed it. I went down to the basement and just cried while Amy went over to Matts I guess because she wasn't home until this morning. I'm guessing Bryce had started calling Matt dad recently because I've been so busy with work and never home while Matt is always around.

I'm scared that I've lost my family and I don't know what to do. Please help.

TL;DR: My wife cheated on me but convinced me to let her keep seeing the guys while I worked 2 jobs and and my son started seeing the new guy as his father figure because I was never around anymore due to work and he was there to do all the things I couldn't.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bf (20sM) thinks I (20sF) have an obsession with a celebrity.

So I've been in a relationship for almost a decade with my bf. we've had our ups and downs and are still working on some issues.

​Over the last few years I have been severely depressed and have had some anxiety issues. The anxiety seems to be getting worse and worse and it went from specific anxiety to a more general anxiety.

I basically self-medicated with food (sugary things) locked myself in (due to social anxiety). My bf saw all of that and had a rough time with it. I can go on and on about why I am like this (very difficult family life, bullying at school etc) but I don't think that is the point anymore.

​Over the years I have tried to keep it together at school and work and remained kind of functioning even though my depression and social anxiety made my life a living hell. Im finishing up my degree and am working an almost fulltime job at the same time. Im trying to lose the depression-weight also which is pretty hard when the depression kind of demotivates you all the time.

My only outlet that I had left (since I didn't keep up with friends or had a social life and became a recluse) was basically (Korean) entertainment and reading books. Kpop has become a daily staple and is really something I can kind of unwind to. It might seem stupid to a lot of people but retrospectively I guess I kind of used it as a crutch. When life was hard or my day sucked I could watch my favorite group on some kind of stupid variety show and life didn't seem so bad. I made it through another day.

​I recently got into this group and im really really infatuated with one of the guys. He is the most precious thing I have ever seen in my life. We call him my "emotional-support-kpop-boy". Watching him perform or do variety shows seriously lifts my mood. I watch his shows daily. Follow his social media, he is the background on my phone and all of that. I do keep up with him more than prior groups, this is true.

​My boyfriend kind of got irritated with it though. I can partially see where he is coming from. The Kpop guy is attractive and I do find him handsome and there is definitely an.... infatuation, if you can call it that? So this probably contribute to my bf's feelings, but again..... its not like I want to sleep with the guy. Im not dumb and can clearly see that the whole entertainment thing is not real. Im not delusional. I would literally never be interested in someone like that in real life (personality wise). To me at least it is clear that it is not about that. I love my bf more than anything in the world.

​I don't know, I don't want to derail. I guess he is irritated or feels threatened with this Kpop guy? But I don't want to date the Kpop guy (not that this would ever be possible, but you know what I mean). Im not interested in him for ONLY his looks or whatever. I genuinely find joy and it eases my mind of off the daily struggles and brings a smile to my face when I can watch the shows and see them doing dumb stuff/tell funny stories etc.

​But on the other hand I don't get it. I have been into Kpop for years. He knows about my mental health. Just because it is Korean doesn't make it weirder? I mean tons of people keep up with Hollywood, it is basically the same thing. He has always kind of poo poo on the fact that I liked Kpop, even before the "Kpop-guy" and it hasn't been until somewhere this year that he kind of stopped making comments about it. I thought he finally got it.

So I want to ask reddit,

is it weird that I use entertainment as an outlet to my daily stressors?
Is it disrespectful to my SO, that im keeping up with a handsome male celebrity?

TL/DR: Kpop eased my depression and anxieties over the years. BF never got it and made comments about it. I stared keeping up with a handsome male celebrity and now bf is annoyed. Should I not keep up with male celebrities and just stick to female? Give up Kpop on a whole?

​edit: to say my bf has not asked me to stop watching Kpop-related things or to stop keeping up with the Kpop-guy. I just came here to ask y'all if I should

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (22F) new roommate (26M) is upset that we aren't sharing finances. How can I explain this to him?

I'm not sure if he's never had a roommate situation before or what, but my new roommate seems to think we should be sharing finances.

He invited me to go grocery shopping with him which I'd figured was just a nice gesture to get both of our shopping done with one car and one trip. But when we got to the grocery store he put all of his stuff in the cart mixed in with my stuff and expected me to pay for his food and mine! Which I only learned when we were already at the cashier ringing up. He hadn't even brought his money. I gingerly brought it up after the fact that every roommate I've ever had before, we buy our own groceries. And he seemed alright with it.

Then about a week later I came home and he has made an entire meal with all of my groceries and offered me some food, as if it wasn't my food in the first place. Again I just kindly asked if he could ask me before using my stuff. Thought he was okay with it.

Then two days ago he texts me and says he paid the full amount of rent (since this is the first month we start paying) and I can give him my half to repay him. Every roommate I've had in the past, we paid each half of our rent separately and my one landlord was even adamant about it being that way. So I told him that, he said it was fine and he'd remember for next month.

But now he's being passive aggressive and ignoring me. I don't understand why he thinks any of this is anything to get upset over. I make my paycheck to support myself, not him!! How do I get that through his head? And how can I fix this relationship now?

TL;DR: New roommate has been ignoring me because I've asked him that we pay rent and groceries separately and for him not to eat my food without asking. How do I get him to understand without ruining this friendship even more? I really don't want to live with someone I don't like being around

he thinks you are married

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pick posted:

he thinks you are married

And when she gets her District Manager job and he gets his "smoke weed and play most recent CoD" job, they will still be together

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Gonna guess here that his flirtation and shoulder tapping is underplayed. I'd call out unreliable narrator but he was kind enough to let us know he's obese.

Betting that it's not so much a "tap" as it is "rest whole sweaty pig paw on her shoulder and slowly moves it towards her neck until she cringes away".

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [33M] son [6M] has started calling my wifes [29F] boyfriend [29M] dad and it's upsetting me.

This is a complicated situation and I'm really emotional right now, so please bare with me. I'll try to explain everything as best as I can. I have been with my wife Amy for 8 years and we have a 7 year old son named Bryce. In the beginning our marriage was great but over the last couple years we've had some issues. My wife lost her job 2 years ago and in turn became depressed. I wanted to give her time to work things out and I didn't want to rush her so I got a second job working on weekends. I was extremely exhausted constantly trying to provide for her and my son while also being there for her emotionally. With her being depressed and me working constantly and taking care of our son our sex life was non existent. We went months and months without sex. I figured it would just take time. I didn't want to be aggressive or too pushy so I didn't really say anything.

A couple months back, during the summer, she tells me she had been seeing another man for a month or so at that point. I was devastated. I didn't understand why she would do that. I asked her to explain and she said it kind of just happened. She told me she went for a walk one day with our dog and met this guy named Matt at the park. He was super flirty she said and asked for her number. She says she doesn't know why but she gave him her number and they started txting and eventually she went to his place where they had sex. I couldn't believe what she was telling me. Here I am working 2 jobs trying to support her and our son Bryce, and she's cheating on me with some guy. I was so mad I immediately just left and stayed at a friends place.

The next day I came back wanting to figure out what to do next. She was very apologetic, saying how sorry she was and how much she loved me. When I asked if she was still seeing him though she said yes. She said she wanted to stay married to me and to also have Matt as a boyfriend. She said having both of us in her life was important to her and that having both of us there for her was getting her out of her depression. I didn't know what to say. I still loved my wife and wanted her to be happy but I felt so betrayed too.

Against my better judgement, I decided to stay with her and try to work on our marriage so she could see that she didn't need Matt in her life, which was very stupid now I see. She was ecstatic though of course that she could now see him without hiding it. At this point I'm still working 2 jobs though, while Amy still wasn't working. So while I would be at work Matt would come over and they would spend time together. This has been going on since August. Because I would also be working late on weekdays and working during weekends Amy asked Matt to help bring Bryce to school and pick him up, take him to his after school activities, sports stuff, swimming lessons, etc... They would play games together, go shopping together. Originally when me and Amy spoke to our son about who Matt was we just said she was a friend of Mom's here to help so I guess he didn't really think much of it. Basically though he was doing everything I couldn't as a father because I was working, they even went on a weekend trip together to Matt's cottage.

He started staying over too and me and Amy felt like we were drifting further and futher apart. She even asked me if I minded sleeping in the basement when Matt came over so they could have the room and I agreed thinking it made her happy at least.

Fast forward to December, I had fly across the country for work so I was gone 3 days. When I got back I overheard Bryce talking to Amy while he was getting ready for bed about how he had such a fun couple of days with dad. I had been out of the country for 3 days so he obviously didn't mean me, he meant Matt. And Amy didn't correct him when he said that, she just told him she was glad he was enjoyed it. I went down to the basement and just cried while Amy went over to Matts I guess because she wasn't home until this morning. I'm guessing Bryce had started calling Matt dad recently because I've been so busy with work and never home while Matt is always around.

TL;DR: My wife cheated on me but convinced me to let her keep seeing the guys while I worked 2 jobs and and my son started seeing the new guy as his father figure because I was never around anymore due to work and he was there to do all the things I couldn't.

My god man :eek:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'd say this is the most I've ever seen someone own themselves but I know that there'll be a new low next week

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kill both of them but make it look like an auto accident.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

Kill both of them but make it look like an auto accident.

And leave that kid without any parents??

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Shrinking Serpent def thread MVP

Also Lol at "I dropped my four year old because my husband surprised me." I mean, yes, the dickhead husband is responsible, but how can you not be able to hold a four year old? They loving jerk and spasm all over the place, you gotta be ready to do the UNIMAGINABLE task of, you know, tightening your arm muscles.

Like, gently caress, I've held my kids and been super startled at least a dozen times, your first response is to tighten your grip on the kids, what is wrong with people on a neurological level?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

quote:

She says she doesn't know why but she gave him her number and they started txting and eventually she went to his place where they had sex.

Where’s that one old comic book safe sex ad about like, people tripping while roller blading and falling into the bushes PIV

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also Lol at "I dropped my four year old because my husband surprised me." I mean, yes, the dickhead husband is responsible, but how can you not be able to hold a four year old? They loving jerk and spasm all over the place, you gotta be ready to do the UNIMAGINABLE task of, you know, tightening your arm muscles.

Like, gently caress, I've held my kids and been super startled at least a dozen times, your first response is to tighten your grip on the kids, what is wrong with people on a neurological level?

It's just a classic example of the fight or throw your kid on the ground response.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

And leave that kid without any parents??
What do you mean? He'd still have his dad Matt.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah, that is the good stuff. Whenever I feel down I can come here and realize that at least I am not that guy/girl.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Me [29 F] with my husband [40 M]. I think I want kids and I think I want to leave my husband, but I am terrified. (LONG)Relationships

quote:

For some background, he is 40M and I am 29F. We met six-ish years ago in Texas and got married last August. We met in my hometown in Texas, but two years ago moved to California. My husband has a lot of family in the area, and he got accepted to a grad school near by. I have zero family in California. I’m also a teacher, and this is my third year. I work at a stressful inner-city school, but I love my job and coworkers and everything about the school; it really has been a great experience. It’s a school that if you put in one year, you can get hired basically anywhere in the surrounding area, but I like where I am. Basically, I love my job, but it is incredibly stressful and I come home crying on occasion. Nonetheless, I have a great job and have made friends with many coworkers and we hang out outside of school (dungeons and dragons ftw!)

My husband is in his final year of a PhD program and is stressed about that in his own right. This is relevant, I promise! My husband also has a child; a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. She lives with her mother back in Texas, but visits us for a month over the summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas, and spring break. Basically whenever we can. She and I have always had a tense relationship, I guess? She is very possessive of my husband and the time they have (“[me] is always there, you never pay attention to me, etc.”). She and I get along quite well on our own and have similar interests, but if it’s the three of us I basically step back and stay out of the way. My husband has talked to her about it a lot, especially around the wedding when it was worse. She’s better now for the most part, but still gets moody, possessive, and jealous. She’s a kid, so I don’t hold it against her, and she has seen a counselor since her parents are both divorced and remarried.

I also love to travel. This past April I went to Spain and last summer I spent June/July backpacking through southeast asia with a friend from work. I’m a teacher, I get summers off, I love to travel, and hope to do more. My husband couldn’t come with me because he had school obligations, and her daughter was visiting in July; I missed most of her visit and my husband wasn’t happy with me being gone for so long.
Also, we both got married under the impression that neither of us wanted to have kids; my husband had a vasectomy after his daughter was born.

SO THAT IS THE BACKGROUND. NOW.

I’ve been feeling disconnected from my husband since about February, I supposed? I attributed it to school stress (Feb is the worst time of the year, straight through til June). Then over the summer I felt the same, but I assumed it was the “summer blues”. Over the summer (outside of my trip) I get very bored and don’t do much out of choice. I’m very laid back and slept a lot and played video games and etc., but after a few weeks of this just get antsy and bored and there’s only so much pre-year classroom set up I can do. It doesn’t help that my husband is also out of school and spent a LOT of time at home as well. Due to cost of living here, we have a super tiny apartment and I was just getting annoyed with him being around ALL THE TIME. He never left. He was supposed to be doing some work at school over the summer, but as far as I know…he hasn’t.

Money is an issue. I’m the only one with a real income as he is a grad student. This means I pay basically everything. I try not to hold that against him, since I knew what I was getting myself into and he will make money at some point (hopefully!). He isn’t the best with money, we have separate finances outside of bills, and usually I’ll give him my debit card to go grocery shopping/etc. In general, he is looser with his money than I am, and it bothers me, but overall it doesn’t affect me much (except over the summer when we’re both broke…)
Another issue is sex (surprise!). I just…don’t even think about it. I am on anti-depressants so I think that’s the main thing, but it took me so long to find a medication that works that I don’t want to quit because of this side-effect. BUT, it could just be that I’m not interested? This has happened in other relationships with me in the past, so it might not just be the medicine.

The absolute biggest thing is that I think I want kids now? I don’t really know what changed my mind, but I’ve been thinking about it a lot in the past 5-6 months, seriously. I don’t want kids ASAP, but in 5-6 years I think I do. I sort of talked to my husband about it (I mentioned it, we sort of talked about it, sort of talked about it later that week, then said we’d have to have a Serious Discussion). Overall, I am under the impression that he would gladly have a child. Reverse his vasectomy, give it a go, etc.

The problem is…. I don’t think I want to have kids with HIM. I don’t really know why. No reasons I have are really sensible. I’m a fairly logical person and not emotion driven, but most of the things are gut feelings/instincts? I didn’t marry him expecting him to be a father to my children, but now that I am thinking about it… I don’t think I want him to be the father of my children. It’s mostly a gut feeling of things wouldn’t work. He’s a great husband, cooks, cleans, etc. He ha a daughter, so he has done this before, which is weirdly another reason I don’t want to. I sort of want to muddle through this adventure with someone just as lost as I am. Another thing is his age. He would easily be mid-40s if we had kids in a few years. Another is that his daughter would not react well to this I don’t think. He is also somewhat bitter and cynical about life in general, but especially his ex-wife (When we talked about having kids, he ‘joked’ saying “Maybe I should have one just to spite my ex since she can’t have any…)

But mainly it’s a gut feeling. I don’t want kids with him. I feel absolutely horrible. I decided I should think on this for at least a few months before I really make a solid decision. I’ve tentatively given myself until the middle of October. Right now, timing is bad. School just started for both of us, and I worry about going into the holidays. We also share a lease until next July. I can make payments and rent myself no problem, but it’s another thing.
It would completely and utterly destroy him. He depends on me, and knows I’m sad, but doesn’t know how upset and torn I am. He has family in the area that could help him, but even still. He’s been married once before, and that left him torn up and bitter. I know that’s not an excuse to NOT leave him, but it’s another thing I think about. It wouldn't even be his fault; it's totally mine. But I don't know how I could even begin to tell him my thoughts.

And then family! What do I tell my family? Should I tell my mom before I go through with anything? We aren’t super close and don’t really do anything more than small talk with each other, so it’s not like I go to her for advice on everything, but telling my parents at least sounds like I should do it first? I worry about her reaction too.

Most of these things (outside of the kneejerk gut reaction of ‘I don’t want kids with him’) could probably be solved in therapy, but… I don’t know if I WANT to fix it. I want to be alone for a bit. I want to travel. I want to have kids. I feel like we’re going different places. There is no way to tell him this, and I don’t know if I should or if I’m making a mistake.

TL;DR- I want to have kids, but not with my husband. Should I leave him?

So you hooked up with a guy over ten years older then you when you were 23, who at the age of 40 is financial dead weight pursuing what is probably a useless PhD, who does not want to go on the fun trips you love, and who is bitter and cynical.

The reasons you give for why this is bad is that he will be hurt (normal) and because this 40 year old able-bodied man would not be able to support himself.

Better stay. Doubt you can do any better.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm super sensitive about being tickled especially around the waist and if someone did that to me I'd spasm and jump reflexively, so I can sympathise with the woman in that story.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My boy friend (21 M) has never eaten a single serving of fruit or vegetables in his ENTIRE life..... he refuses to eat anything that’s not loaded with sugar and extremely processed

quote:

So, some background. My boy friend (21) of four years has always been an extremely picky eater and refuses to eat foods based on how they look or the texture they have. He refuses to eat anything with sauce or liquid for whatever reason, I don’t think he has even tried any saucy foods he just refuses to eat it. He also just refuses to try anything new unless it’s EXTREMELY similar to something he already eats. He also has NEVER in his ENTIRE LIFE had a single serving of fruit or vegetables, this is the most concerning fact for me.

I (18) on the other hand have never been a picky eater, and will literally eat anything that is put in front of me. I love food and I like to think I lead a very healthy lifestyle when it comes to my eating habits. My boyfriend eats the exact same things everyday; eggo waffles, chocolate chip pop tarts, bagel with peanut butter, or chicken nuggets from McDonald’s. That is literally it. I try to help him try new foods but he either refuses or hates everything and will never try it again. I know he just is just scared to step out of his comfort zone, and he’s extremely insecure about this problem but does nothing to change it. I’m very worried about our future and that he will never change. I want to see him live a long and healthy life, but at this point I don’t think it is possible. I don’t know what to do

TL;DR : to summarize, my boyfriend eats extremely unhealthily, and refuses to try to change his eating habits. I know it is his body and he can eat whatever he wants, but it causes me great stress of what our future is going to be like if he continues at this rate. PLEASE give me advice on how I can go about encouraging healthier habits with him???!!!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

They believe that my dad can't really help the way he is and that since he's been this way for so long, I should know not to attribute any value to his words.

Oh great that means they'll understand why you want to cut someone like that out of your life considering they can't say poo poo that's worth listening to.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

My boy friend (21 M) has never eaten a single serving of fruit or vegetables in his ENTIRE life..... he refuses to eat anything that’s not loaded with sugar and extremely processed

thats like legit impressive

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Haifisch posted:

quote:

I want to see him live a long and healthy life

But why?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There was a dude like that in a recent video! Weird as hell, but apparently A Thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22-bSrS7ICE

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

facialimpediment posted:

There was a dude like that in a recent video! Weird as hell, but apparently A Thing?

what the gently caress

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

facialimpediment posted:

How're you gonna feed someone fruit for the first time and start with a kiwi? Kiwi is good, it just wouldn't be my first choice. Go with an apple or a pear or a clementine.

Edit: I've been suckered, the thumbnail says the kiwi is the first fruit ever, but they actually gave him a blueberry.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

And the horror example:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

facialimpediment posted:

How the gently caress you gonna give a no fruit jackwagon like that unripe fruits, what the gently caress

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Biomute posted:

I guess I expected people who say they're into "older men" to be into guys in their 40/50's or whatever because of the status these men are afforded in our society. That patriarchy has instilled in people who fetishize men of this age some connotations of power, authority or wealth, in addition to whatever feelings their relationship (or lack thereof) to their own father brings to the table.

...not that people just have a my age+30 formula for who they wanna bang.

But 40s is her age. She is a person with daddy issues who has grown to daddy age and thus now requires an older daddy. Guys that are that much older than her still have those connotations. Guys who are her age would not.

Drunk Nerds posted:

For some odd reason, reflexive responses don't care if you're holding a kid or a teddy bear. Your conscious thoughts don't have much to do with them.

Don't startle people while they're holding things you don't want to hit the floor. And don't be pissy when startling someone causes what they were holding to hit the floor.

She should punch him in the dick until he's a ken doll.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Am I The rear end in a top hat for accepting blowjobs from a gay friend and then cancelling?

Here's what happened. I'm a straight heteroflexible dude btw.

A gay friend, who I'm very good friends with, offered me a blowjob and since I was single and horny at the time I said ok. I said right there that I couldn't reciprocate and it was all on him whether he wanted to suck me or not

I let him blow me quite a few times over the coming weeks/months

I got a girlfriend at some point, then we stopped this arrangement and he was cool with it.

My girlfriend dumped me and we started the BJ stuff again

A few weeks ago I felt bad for him always doing it to me so I sucked him but I immediately felt awful and sick with myself and I told him nicely (not in a mean way) that this wasn't what I am and we should stop

Since then he's been cold and distant to me. I texted him a huge message over Chrismas and he just replied "thanks you too" essentially. Every time I try to organize something to do with him, like we used to do before this stuff began, he just says he's busy.

I asked people in a different sub and they said it's my fault for leading him on... but I didn't, it was clear from the start that I'm straight and wouldn't love him or kiss him or anything like that. They said I should leave him alone but how can I do that when he's like my best friend and we did so much stuff together?

Am I really the bad guy here? PS we're both 18 male

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Am I The rear end in a top hat for accepting blowjobs from a gay friend and then cancelling?

You know, OP, there is this old thriller movie I watched as a kid where a woman who has been spurned one too many times by the object of her affection has a full on breakdown, culminating in her shouting that she swallowed his cum and that means something and he just can't throw her away when he wants. Now the important part of this story is not that I don't remember the name of this film and that I'm sure as hell not searching on google based on what bare fragments I remember, the important part is she goes on to brutalize this man physically and mentally until he is nothing more than gibbering flesh and I thought of this outcome when you shared your story.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Everyone in this story is young and dumb, but only one is still full of cum

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hellsau posted:

what the gently caress

the midwest

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

From our friends at legaladvice

$5k Furry Scam

quote:

Questions:
What type of attorney should I get if there is a specific type?
Where do I file the claim and if/when there is a hearing where will it be held?
-First suit was commissioned via email while I lived in Florida, second suit was commissioned while I was living in Kansas, commissioned person is/was living in Georgia. I currently live in Ohio.

Story:
I commissioned a fursuit maker for two suits. One was for $2,000.00 another was for $2,700.00. First commission was paid for and commissioned in March of 2016, second commission was paid for in February of 2017, upfront (foolish, I know). No suits were delivered, no progress was made on either one, just a virtual checklist that grows much longer with more commissions from other people. I received a lot of "my life is bad" stories from the person I commissioned but nothing that showed they actually intended to complete the commissions. They posted images of other suits being completed that were commissioned after mine only when they were threatened with a "beware" and called out on social media by the other commissioner.

This type of behavior screams nefarious and manipulative and I'm unable to discern the truth from a lie. The legal system seems more well equipped to ensure fairness based on evidence than my own personal opinion so it makes sense to go to court, right?

Side note:
I do not have a fursona, the ideal of running around looking ridiculous seemed like a lot of fun after my 3rd combat tour.

:laugh:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait you bought two suits, cash up front, from someone before even getting a single progress report or having bought anything from them before?

Your fursona is a whale shark because youre the biggest sucker in the sea.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

From our friends at legaladvice

$5k Furry Scam

:laugh:

:allears:

I feel bad for people getting swindled but sometimes I just have to wonder what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Here's what happened. I'm a straight heteroflexible dude btw.

A gay friend, who I'm very good friends with, offered me a blowjob and since I was single and horny at the time I said ok. I said right there that I couldn't reciprocate and it was all on him whether he wanted to suck me or not

I let him blow me quite a few times over the coming weeks/months

I got a girlfriend at some point, then we stopped this arrangement and he was cool with it.

My girlfriend dumped me and we started the BJ stuff again

A few weeks ago I felt bad for him always doing it to me so I sucked him but I immediately felt awful and sick with myself and I told him nicely (not in a mean way) that this wasn't what I am and we should stop

Since then he's been cold and distant to me. I texted him a huge message over Chrismas and he just replied "thanks you too" essentially. Every time I try to organize something to do with him, like we used to do before this stuff began, he just says he's busy.

I asked people in a different sub and they said it's my fault for leading him on... but I didn't, it was clear from the start that I'm straight and wouldn't love him or kiss him or anything like that. They said I should leave him alone but how can I do that when he's like my best friend and we did so much stuff together?

Am I really the bad guy here? PS we're both 18 male

at least his friend got practice sucking dick, which is a useful life skill for a gay man. Too bad it came at the cost of whatever friendship he had, though it looks like his friend made the mistake of expecting that relationship to be something it wasn't. I guess you suck someone's dick enough times you run the risk of developing a case of the feelings

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 30, 2018