Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

sharknado slashfic posted:

How the gently caress do you get meningitis and the swine flu at the same time

How the gently caress do you identify as a conservative at 26?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Racism?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

It's because they view basic rights as a zero sum system. The more OTHER PEOPLE have, the less they personally have.

It perplexes me even more that business Republicans aren't all over it because it would let people produce more while letting companies off the hook for healthcare. Like it's a net positive for everyone but the funeral industry and 7th Day Adventists.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

It perplexes me even more that business Republicans aren't all over it because it would let people produce more while letting companies off the hook for healthcare. Like it's a net positive for everyone but the funeral industry and 7th Day Adventists.

they really really want to be able to do this but they spent 8 years beating the GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE BAD drum and there is no going back

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Raccoons are everywhere.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FrozenVent posted:

https://politics.theonion.com/gop-maintains-solid-hold-on-youth-that-already-look-lik-1819595704

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

they really really want to be able to do this but they spent 8 years beating the GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE BAD drum and there is no going back

Some of it is that and the follow on effect of the inmates now running the asylum. There's also a lot to be said for making sure people are terrified that they'll lose their job-provided coverage, meaning for some people their lives or the lives of loved ones, so they don't even think of doing things like job hopping for a better salary or negotiating for raises. Capital has basically infinite mobility and keeping labor as immobile as possible is a pretty great asymmetric force to be used against it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao good riddance

Yeah, at this point I'm 100% fine with this turn of events. Got what was coming to her.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why the gently caress is this legal?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

psydude posted:

Why the Adventists? Don’t they own a ton of Hospitals??

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because pension laws are a joke

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the greatest crime that can occur in this country is a rich person losing money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This world is garbage is why

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

FrozenVent posted:

I’ve met the odd young conservative over the years, they are universally weird as hell. Almost like it’s some kind of fetish.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The investors need that money to make more jobs, duh.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

How is this a veteran forum full of people who barely know of young conservatives. Did you all join the Woke Corps

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nystral posted:

Why the Adventists? Don’t they own a ton of Hospitals??

Perhaps mistaken for and misinformed about Jehovah's Witnesses or mistaken for Christian Science?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Best Friends posted:

How is this a veteran forum full of people who barely know of young conservatives. Did you all join the Woke Corps

I deliberately avoid those people. I know they exist. I live in north florida. I associate with them as little as possible. I usually only deal with them on the other side of the court room, though, so it's not too bad.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

FrozenVent posted:

I've personally known early 20s people working minimum wage provincial government jobs who were against a minimum wage increase because it would result in other people getting more money.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They're the children of parents barely holding on to the middle class who are convinced that they are one more tax cuts from being millionaires

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

I've personally known early 20s people working minimum wage provincial government jobs who were against a minimum wage increase because it would result in other people getting more money.

and by other people they mean the browns/blacks, right?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Generation Internet posted:

https://www.npr.org/2011/09/04/140116142/avoiding-last-place-some-things-we-dont-outgrow

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Like, I'm still not sure I agree with healthcare being a human right. But I think it's largely beside the point. There are a multitude of ways to provide health care to people that are demonstrably better (half the price we pay, better outcomes), so whatever your opinion is on the overarching theory, we should clearly just do it the way that stops flushing 9% of our GDP down the toilet and just provides healthcare to everyone, no exceptions. And also frees people up so their ability to not die from a medical issue isn't tied to their employer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m not sure how funding a military to protect our national safety is any different than funding healthcare to protect the national health.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Crakkerjakk posted:

Like, I'm still not sure I agree with healthcare being a human right.
What about healthcare being a basic human right do you disagree with? Society is unambiguously better off if the sick and injured are returned to as close to full health as possible without burdening them with life-destroying debt.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

joat mon posted:

Perhaps mistaken for and misinformed about Jehovah's Witnesses or mistaken for Christian Science?

You're right. I was thinking about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They're the children of parents barely holding on to the middle class who are convinced that they are one more tax cuts from being millionaires

And yet I'm not that god drat stupid. Although I am pretty dumb, it's entirely coincidental. Or incidental. Whichever is right.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m not sure how funding a military to protect our national safety is any different than funding healthcare to protect the national health.

diseases aren't brown

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Crakkerjakk posted:

Like, I'm still not sure I agree with healthcare being a human right.

oh word?

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Cugel the Clever posted:

What about healthcare being a basic human right do you disagree with? Society is unambiguously better off if the sick and injured are returned to as close to full health as possible without burdening them with life-destroying debt.

Generally I'm not sure if I agree with "*material thing* is a human right.". I think it would be a better world if everyone had food, shelter, health care, and personally fulfilling work, but I don't know if that makes those things "human rights."

I generally still view rights as things that you should be free to do, I guess.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

psydude posted:

You're right. I was thinking about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Their religio-medical hangup only pertains to taking blood; for them, this primarily means no transfusions.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Crakkerjakk posted:

Generally I'm not sure if I agree with "*material thing* is a human right.". I think it would be a better world if everyone had food, shelter, health care, and personally fulfilling work, but I don't know if that makes those things "human rights."

like not die of preventable disease or starve to death?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

and by other people they mean the browns/blacks, right?

they might if the town was more than 0.7% black, as is it's pretty much purestrain this

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Crakkerjakk posted:

Oh man everyone is going to be jealous when I buy that 2019 model health care

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

So not a huge fan of “life, liberty and happiness,” huh?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

[8:43 PM] blyat wave generator: lmao pooki just goatsed me via PM after asking if i grab my poo with chopsticks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Sad thing is my entire family is from Muncie and basically worked for Chevrolet, Ball, or Marsh. Chevy and Marsh are gone. Ball diversified out of glass so they still employ a good chunk of the town. It’s the epitome of an old rust belt town.

Luckily my dad got out before everything went down the tubes in the 70-80s. Most of my cousins left as well so thankfully it’s only my dad’s generation (boomers) that are stuck there. Funnily enough my dad is basically opposite of his siblings and has been a life long democrat. Even in his 70s he’s moved further and further left. He canvassed for Bernie in ‘16. It’s probably all his chasing gen X tail in south Florida that’s pushed him that way, but at least he’s not a Trumper like everyone else his age.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crakkerjakk posted:

You should be free to have adequate healthcare. Letting healthcare become so expensive that a huge portion of Americans can't afford it should be seen just the same as the government suppressing speech.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the only things that have sat down and individually killed the gently caress outta nationstates or polities big as nationstates is war, ecological devastation and plague

so what im saying is antivaxxers should be given a cigarette and a wall to stand in front of. also insurance gougers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SenGianaris/status/1077926553491787778

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1079311768160215041

Yes, of course the two represent very different demographics, but lmao at going salt-mode on a new rep in your own party on your way out the door, having just lost your reelection bid.