Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Your Taint posted:

gently caress you. Trump could have overruled that if he wanted to, and you were his right hand you loving gently caress.

It's a lie. They all wanted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Does anyone in this administration ever take responsibility for anything? Like, ever??

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Your Taint posted:

Does anyone in this administration ever take responsibility for anything? Like, ever??

Trump took responsbility for the shutdown, then took it back lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Frankly, that makes it even worse.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1079396855119835136

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Trump took responsbility for the shutdown, then took it back lol

He theoretically took responsibility for it before it happened because Chuck Schumer made him mad and goaded him into it, but the second it started he backpedaled like the coward he is.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

You can pour all the water you want onto a rock, you're still not gonna grow a tree there. Doesn't matter how much you inform him if he ain't capable of listening.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Let’s use a pile of dogshit in that analogy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Katt posted:

Homeless and destitute these farmers will still vote Trump to spite the minorities that are slightly more homeless and destitute.

Looking at the massive snap back all across the Midwest these midterms I don’t think this is necessarily true. Sure most will continue to do so but enough won’t making a state like Iowa go blue.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

Golden Retrievers are good boys but they are the loving dumbest dogs.

I don't care what the Seeing Eye and ICE want to believe but I refuse to admit that Goldens are good dogs for anything but curling up on your lap or tripping you when you're trying to walk somewhere.

This is treason against good boys.

Goldens aren't dumb. They look dumb, thanks to those lovable dopy faces and they tend to be a little clumsy since they're so broad-shouldered but they're plenty smrt.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Your Taint posted:

He theoretically took responsibility for it before it happened because Chuck Schumer made him mad and goaded him into it, but the second it started he backpedaled like the coward he is.

Funny thing, he actually owned it on camera two separate times, arguably ungoaded when the reporters asked him about it the next day. I say arguably because by now I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't recall his own words from earlier. "Why yes I do stand by that thing I said yesterday, that I totally remember. "

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Skippy McPants posted:

Goldens aren't dumb. They look dumb, thanks to those lovable dopy faces and they tend to be a little clumsy since they're so broad-shouldered but they're plenty smrt.

If they're so smart then how come when you tell them to go get the bomb they won't go get the bomb huh? Check mate :smug:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm a little late on this but holy poo poo, gently caress Claire McCaskill and good on AOC for slapping her down like that.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
If two dead children is a good record for ICE when they have concentration camps, what’s their average record without concentration camps?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

In the library, a monocled Doberman gently sets down her tea on the saucer and clears her throat for a wise, yet wholly scathing rebuttal.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yesh posted:

If two dead children is a good record for ICE when they have concentration camps, what’s their average record without concentration camps?

I wish the next question had been "How many dead children does it take to be unacceptable to you?"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm a little late on this but holy poo poo, gently caress Claire McCaskill and good on AOC for slapping her down like that.

That McCaskill interview could be summarized quite accurately as: Won't somebody think about the poor status quo? There are new things happening! :cry:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I feel like they want some deaths, but not enough that "moderates" get too upset.

It's revolting, really. The cruelty is the point.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

PT6A posted:

I feel like they want some deaths, but not enough that "moderates" get too upset.

It's revolting, really. The cruelty is the point.
And some of them will justify the cruelty by saying it saves lives by preventing people from making the long, dangerous journey.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

In the library, a monocled Doberman gently sets down her tea on the saucer and clears her throat for a wise, yet wholly scathing rebuttal.

Bring it! Both Goldens and Labs consistently rank as some of the smartest dogs in the world. There's a reason they're so common as service dogs, and it's not just because they're chill as gently caress.

In other news, I'm looking forward to all the seedy dirt John Kelly dishes in a hopeless attempt to rehabilitate his image.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

haveblue posted:

I wish the next question had been "How many dead children does it take to be unacceptable to you?"

I mean, they’d have an easy counter to that. They’d just say something along the lines of “you wouldn’t blame hospitals for losing patients that came in already critically ill. We did everything we could given the circumstances but blah blah blah”

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

Bring it! Both Goldens and Labs consistently rank as some of the smartest dogs in the world. There's a reason they're so common as service dogs, and it's not just because they're chill as gently caress.

In other news, I'm looking forward to all the seedy dirt John Kelly dishes in a hopeless attempt to rehabilitate his image.

I know Labs are quite clever, I've just got a soft spot for dobies, which are very smart as well. No point starting a literal dogfight that would certainly lead to a massive derail. Just making a joke. :v:

E- Speaking of literal dogfights, the obvious answer is border collies in f-16's.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 30, 2018

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Skippy McPants posted:

I have a dog that is half lab half basset and he is the dumbest creature who ever existed. I mean, he's chill as hell and gentle with the kids when they're climbing on him or whatever, but sweet Jesus gently caress that dog is STUPID.

Honest to god he once got lost under a blanket.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Your Taint posted:

I have a dog that is half lab half basset and he is the dumbest creature who ever existed

sounds beautiful

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rinkles posted:

sounds beautiful

He is. He looks like a lab with stubby legs and floppy basset ears.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

woah what the hell does a half basset half lab look like because I'm surprised it didn't go domestic turkey in the rain

e: it's everything I imagined in cuteness. Those genes though...

is it actually called a Bassador? Because the American Bassador could be abbreviated...

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 30, 2018

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

Honest to god he once got lost under a blanket.

If it makes you feel any better, that happened to me once.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ThisWeekABC/status/1079386608720261121

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

ICE's habit of destroying caches of water left out by concerned citizens for folks crossing the border has probably killed kids before, yeah.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1079362389353496576?s=20

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Cool so he’s definitely joining the administration then.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

SirPablo posted:

Here's how I expect the shutdown to play out.

Jan 3: New Congress. House passes a clean CR (probably for the rest of the FY). Mitch doesn't even bring it to the floor because he knows Trump won't sign it, plus Mitch is a rat gently caress who only cares about the politics of any situation. Shutdown continues. Fun fact, this will cause my agency to cancel its involvement in a major scientific conference for the following week (need to cancel registrations, hotels, etc.).

Jan 15: About two more weeks have passed and no one is budging. Pressure very much mounting on Senate and Trump. Feds on way two missing two paychecks, causing real world consequences*. More agencies run out of nifty budget tricks to try and keep some lights on.

Jan 20: Senate blinks and passes CR. Trump refuses to sign. He out right vetos it.

Jan 23: House and Senate override Trump's veto. Longest shutdown in American history finally ends.

Also lol at anyone that thinks any president can just move money around. That's not how it works.

* Real world consequences include: Federal workers starting to accept bribes, Foreign spy agencies recruiting new agents, talented workers moving to the private sector.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Ah yes advice from someone who lost their reelection, that most valued of things offered to people who recently won upset victories...

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

gently caress off boomer.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Dear Mrs. Claire is the epitome of the succdems I have learned to deride, from this forum. "You're a shiny object that people might be quickly impressed by, but good luck with the shining!"

An inspiring speech. I never realized Missouri was that red of a state to produce a [D] labeled clown like that.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Glad to see Claire would have delivered results and swiftly dealt with the swarthy caravan hordes at our southern border.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

citybeatnik posted:

ICE's habit of destroying caches of water left out by concerned citizens for folks crossing the border has probably killed kids before, yeah.

Was there reporting on that being a common thing? I heard the one where they left a cache in the sun for over a year (in plastic containers) compromising it and had to dump it. But that appeared to be more of a sign of incompetence than pure malice.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

God, people like this infuriate me. Vicious political opponents who hate your existence but still "wish you well." Evangelists who'll say you're going to hell but that they'll "pray for you." People who spit pure hate then cap it off with "but I just want what's best for everybody."

The pure strain sanctimony is insufferable.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JasonV posted:

I know there's a lot of horrible things going on, but there is something just so insidiuosly evil about how this sentiment is just so casual. Cost and productivity. No excuse. No humanity. Just, "Think about the productivity!"

"However, members have shared with us that the benefits provided by the bereavement leave bill would have posed undue difficulties on business in both cost and staff productivity."

I just can't imagine waking up and deciding what I'm going to do with my day is veto a bill giving people time off because of the death of a loved one. People can argue 3 months is too long, personally I don't. People can argue there are bigger issues that need to be pushed through legislation and it might not be worth the time and effort for this particular bill. But to have all the hard word done, the bill passed, and just go "Nah, gonna veto it" is something I literally could not do. Like what's the worst case scenario here? It only takes someone a month to get over the death of their partner or child and then they spend the other 2 months watching netflix? Oh well. I'm sure civilization won't collapse. How do you veto something like that and live with yourself? Sure, getting back to making lobster subs at Quiznos that kill libertarians is important but I think everyone else can carry the burden for a few months while you process the death of a parent or partner or child. You're right, it's just insidiously evil.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/1079361464102731778?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Was there reporting on that being a common thing? I heard the one where they left a cache in the sun for over a year (in plastic containers) compromising it and had to dump it. But that appeared to be more of a sign of incompetence than pure malice.

yes, though i have no idea why you'd assume CBP (ICE doesn't patrol the border) was anything but evil

e: to be clear, ICE is evil in a separate way - they're the ones waiting outside churches and courthouses and raiding businesses