Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

My only critique for DD’s DLC is that it’s set smack dab in the middle of it’s storyline, instead of being a bit more... standalone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My main beef with the SoJ case is that it turned Ema into a bumbling moron for the Gumshoe nostalgia factor, when she's an extremely competent detective who never screws up the evidence gathering in any other case.

I mean, it was also wholly unremarkable and had a boring villain and zero Apollo presence, but that was still the worst part.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 15, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only good part was the girls in nice dresses at the end :3:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Waffleman_ posted:

The only good part was the girls in nice dresses at the end :3:

Also they murdered Larry. Presumably. Hopefully?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
How much of Ace Attorney revolves around rich people being really goddamn weird?

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How much of Ace Attorney revolves around rich people being really goddamn weird?

Is Redd White rich?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I started Apollo Justice so I understand Hobo Phoenix now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Man, it's bad enough that Romein LeTouse was murdered, now everyone's all "Oh, avoid him" "The CDC said he's not safe to eat" "He's got e.coli"

Respect the dead, dammit

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
500 flashbacks of someone dying from eating romaine lettuce

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Let's go back to the lettuce again.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
Back... and to the lettuce.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Just watch, that spiky-haired attorney will probably try to call the lettuce to the stand!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sam Reigel is voicing Tigre in the dub of the anime, which is a fun little joke.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's pretty good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LaetansX/status/1072773500694228993

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

thanks you tricked me into retweeting a fursuiter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Listen, almost Christmas means it's not Christmas.

It's also the 18th anniversary of the IS-7 incident, where a guy wondered if anyone was better than him at making desserts, and the answer was "No" so hard it led to three people being murdered over the course of 16 years.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Waffleman_ posted:

It's also the 18th anniversary of the IS-7 incident, where a guy wondered if anyone was better than him at making desserts, and the answer was "No" so hard it led to three people being murdered over the course of 16 years.
Is this the pettiest, dumbest thing in this series with the highest body count? It just might be.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, when you think about it, it's pretty much the inciting incident for the entire series.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope one day Phoenix learns that this is ultimately the reason his life has turned out the way it has.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Little did Chad from Bleach know that he never should have decided to go with an afro.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Actually, I forgot about the Misty connection, so it's more like 4 people. Maybe 5 if you count Morgan being present to be an accomplice to Turner Gray.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, I forgot about the Misty connection, so it's more like 4 people. Maybe 5 if you count Morgan being present to be an accomplice to Turner Gray.
There's also the consequences of Phoenix becoming a lawyer (which itself was a distant consequence of IS-7.)

Which adds Zak to the body count at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was also responsible for the reform of an entire country's legal system in that case.

Also Drew's death.

And Doug Swallow, since his death was related to Mia's first case, and she became a lawyer due to her mother disappearing after DL-6.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 26, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Funky Valentine posted:

There's also the consequences of Phoenix becoming a lawyer (which itself was a distant consequence of IS-7.)

Which adds Zak to the body count at least.

The legal system imploded and was reformed because some people took pastries far too seriously.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Can we connect the fall of the Zheng Fa government to this somehow

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

and that was only the 3rd case in that game. i love AAI2

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Fangz posted:

Can we connect the fall of the Zheng Fa government to this somehow

Dane Gustavia fled to Zheng Fa after killing Dover. Does that count?

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Ok I haven't played this in a while so I must know what pastry world changing event you guys are talking about

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Meallan posted:

Ok I haven't played this in a while so I must know what pastry world changing event you guys are talking about

AA:I 2, case 3.

A dessert-making contest leads to a murder, which becomes the case for which Edgeworth Sr. got killed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m almost done with Apollo Justice, should I move right on to Dual Destinies or do AAI 1/2 in between? Also I know there are DLC cases for DD/SOJ, do they fit into the overall plot or are they more standalone?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m almost done with Apollo Justice, should I move right on to Dual Destinies or do AAI 1/2 in between? Also I know there are DLC cases for DD/SOJ, do they fit into the overall plot or are they more standalone?

The DLC cases are standalone.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

AA1/2 (Especially 2) are a nice way to mix it up if you're tiring of the formula, but I would go ahead and finish up the Apollo "trilogy" now that you're in it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

DD's DLC case very much fits into the overall plot; I felt like it was conspicuously missing from the flow of the main game, to the point where it felt like cutting it out and selling it separately was probably a last minute decision made after the game was already fully written.

SoJ's DLC is standalone and can go wherever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

DD's DLC case very much fits into the overall plot; I felt like it was conspicuously missing from the flow of the main game, to the point where it felt like cutting it out and selling it separately was probably a last minute decision made after the game was already fully written.

Specifically, it takes place between cases 2 and 3 and is one of the best cases in the game, if not the series.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, DD’s extra case is definitely worth getting. SoJ’s is... much less so.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DD's has the single best testimony in the entire series.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Plom Bar posted:

AA:I 2, case 3.

A dessert-making contest leads to a murder, which becomes the case for which Edgeworth Sr. got killed.

Oh I haven't played the second investigations case! That's how I didn't know. Keep hearing it's good so I might give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I though AAI2 was never released in English? That's the only one of these I haven't played but would love to if there's some way outside of learning Japanese.