Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

You should make Hillary as Beavis on the other side of the couch saying "Liar! Liar! Liar!"

For the Hill toxxers I mean

In the original picture it's Biden but unfortunately Garrison's Biden is terrible and I can't draw so rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

In the original picture it's Biden but unfortunately Garrison's Biden is terrible and I can't draw so rip.

Well, neither can Ben Garrison :v:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

CmdrRiker posted:

Yeah, did anyone start a govt shutdown betting pool yet?

Every single furloughed worker with outstanding payments did I'm pretty sure. Betting (and hoping) that they'll make their payments.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Craig K posted:

please talk about something less inflammatory than politics in the politics thread, such as which style barbeque is the good one, and which season of the simpsons you should stop watching at.

I stopped watching The Simpsons at the barbeque episode.

Is Mayor Quimby the most relevant elected Blue Dog remaining, after Manchin?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lightning Knight posted:

I'll be very surprised if the government is still shut down by the 10th.

How though? Trump backs down? He gloms onto some fig leaf promise of a wall bill?

UCS Hellmaker posted:

He desperately wants AG or Secdef and everything has always been done to try and put himself there.

As time goes on I think he's mostly just interested in attaching himself to someone at the center of attention. Before that was McCain, but now it is Trump.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Craig K posted:

please talk about something less inflammatory than politics in the politics thread, such as which style barbeque is the good one, and which season of the simpsons you should stop watching at.

The government is shut down so there is no politics anymore

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

How though? Trump backs down? He gloms onto some fig leaf promise of a wall bill?

I think this ends when Congress reconvenes and Congressional Republicans have a very serious closed-door meeting with Trump where they yell at him for 20 minutes and he caves because he's a coward.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

Clinton is running.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Hillary Clinton is not going to run for President in 2020.

She's going to try and our only hope is that she gets spanked in the first 2-3 primaries. Fortunately I think that's likely to happen if the party isn't pushing her.

Beto won't run for President but he might be somebody's VP pick.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

I think this ends when Congress reconvenes and Congressional Republicans have a very serious closed-door meeting with Trump where they yell at him for 20 minutes and he caves because he's a coward.

Is there any evidence house Republicans are less cowardly than Trump?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

PerniciousKnid posted:

Congressional Republicans in general are cowards, but Mitch McConnell is not. He's many other unkind words, of course.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Lightning Knight posted:

But they already did that (or similar). He was all for the clean CR but then went back to watching Fox News or talked with Miller and flipped.

Unless they give him a bill to sign in their presence right after he agrees, any promises extracted in a meeting with Trump are meaningless.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Lightning Knight posted:

He caves and pivots by claiming once again that Mexico will pay for his wall as well as adorn it with solid gold T's.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

PerniciousKnid posted:

What are you defining as brave in this situation?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

So you're changing your av to Mitch McConnell with a Flavor Flav clock? :)

USPol Winter: More Prop Bets Than A Pub in Glasgow

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Your Boy Fancy posted:

So you're changing your av to Mitch McConnell with a Flavor Flav clock? :)

USPol Winter: More Prop Bets Than A Pub in Glasgow

If this picture exists and you find it for me, I will queue this change. :toxx:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

that or the WH coke(" " "soda* " " ") getter , his burger getter, and the toilet fixer not working finally convices him to finally stop the shut down.

* nah its the white powder stuff**

**like actually sugar, also the getters and fixers are just Don Jr and Eric.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

A cursory GIS failed me, and I'm a guy who lifts objects for money instead of ever learning photoshop. :alas:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Lightning Knight posted:

If you'd like to take bets on if this or that person runs, we have the following avatars we've decided on:

Taking submissions for Hillary.

theflyingorc posted:

That butt picture from earlier

You mean this one?

Because it's a great idea

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

PT6A posted:

Maybe the solution to possibly tainted water would be to officially, regularly supply fresh water so people, you know, don't literally loving die of dehydration.

I mean, even if the water is tainted it's probably better to get sick rather than die in the desert of dehydration. Besides, removing water caches to prevent people from attempting to cross the border irregularly is as asinine as not teaching teens to use condoms in order to prevent them having sex. Except this one's worse because it has a much higher likelihood of literally killing people.

Not really as then you succumb to other issues like fatigue which leads to death. Or god forbid it makes you a type of sick that causes you to vomit which burns your body through fluids. Or something your body tries to pass through your urine which leads you right back to step one, dying of dehydration.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you're ever stuck in the desert just start digging. Even if you don't hit water you might hit treasure and then you'll be rich!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ague Proof posted:

Trump showed his birth certificate after Bill Maher claimed his father was an orangutan.

Poor baby doesn't like it thrown back at him, does he

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tevery Best posted:

You mean this one?

Because it's a great idea

Jesus Christ

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Push El Burrito posted:

If you're ever stuck in the desert just start digging. Even if you don't hit water you might hit treasure and then you'll be rich!

Is this the analog to the old Mitch Hedberg line? "If you're lost in the woods, gently caress it, build a house; you used to be lost, but now you live here."

And it's kind of incredible how the non-CHUD conservative types aren't making the mental leap. They're crossing the desert, tainted water, no water, because even THAT is better than staying where they are. But that requires thinking about a hardship that they might only understand intellectually.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

I think we can do way better than that.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol I'm gonna use this one.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Someone who's not poo poo at gifs could probably animate them to switch from one to the other

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079497288605683712

We elected an internet troll as President of the United States.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

YEAH BUOY!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/387309175866290176

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Tevery Best posted:

Someone who's not poo poo at gifs could probably animate them to switch from one to the other

I'd suggest bill's face, her face, hillary 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

KillHour posted:

YEAH BUOY!

I'm going to ask the admins to upload this right now lol.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Is this the analog to the old Mitch Hedberg line? "If you're lost in the woods, gently caress it, build a house; you used to be lost, but now you live here."

And it's kind of incredible how the non-CHUD conservative types aren't making the mental leap. They're crossing the desert, tainted water, no water, because even THAT is better than staying where they are. But that requires thinking about a hardship that they might only understand intellectually.

They don't make the leap because they still think America is the greatest country on the planet, so why wouldn't anyone face danger to get here?

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079497288605683712

We elected an internet troll as President of the United States.

Sounds like we don't need a border around the country, but instead a tax rebate to incentivize everyone to build their own wall around their home or business.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Trump just learned about backslashes and got excited.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Those are forward slashes.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

CmdrRiker posted:

Sounds like we don't need a border around the country, but instead a tax rebate to incentivize everyone to build their own wall around their home or business.

No you've got it wrong. We need to give companies that build walls tax breaks, and that'll turn into cheaper walls for everyone!

I'll be honest, sometimes it is nice to check the thread and see the same poo poo or pointless side-things being talked about, because that means nothing too crazy has happened.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Lightning Knight posted:

lol I'm gonna use this one.

Might as well thrown in the alt text someone mentioned in the politoon thread.

Hindsight is 20/20.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

They don't make the leap because they still think America is the greatest country on the planet, so why wouldn't anyone face danger to get here?

Oddly enough I hear tell of CHUD expats in Mexico. I mean, how does your wrinkled old white CHUD rear end spend significant time in Mexico and not figure out any of the dynamics behind irregular migration to the US and why the wall is a horrifically stupid idea?

I understand that the racist's calculus goes something like "this is good, because the Mexican people are in Mexico and serving me, instead of daring to speak Spanish at the supermarket in America" but it still seems so bizarre to me.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

KillHour posted:

Those are forward slashes.

Colloquially referred to as just slashes. But what about everyone who reads from right to left? What do they call them? I had too many beers.

ZypherIM posted:

No you've got it wrong. We need to give companies that build walls tax breaks, and that'll turn into cheaper walls for everyone!

I'll be honest, sometimes it is nice to check the thread and see the same poo poo or pointless side-things being talked about, because that means nothing too crazy has happened.

Brilliant! Trickle down walls.

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1079420891807793152

Yeah, congrats on fixing a problem that you personally created.

Also, that hashtag, lol
Are they actually getting paid, or is he just claiming to have fixed the issue?