Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

i would like to extend my congratulations to the bengals, the true winners of the afc north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

schmug posted:

The Raven's have won the Super Bowel

It's true! They did. I saw it. And a full month earlier than any other team in history.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i love the raven

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Sour Diesel posted:

i would like to extend my congratulations to the bengals, the true winners of the afc north

hosed up but its true

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Kawalimus posted:

Still in disbelief we ended up here. After getting bodied by the Panthers and going with Lamar it was like dang are we even going to split with the Bengals this year? And to win the division even. No matter what happens in the playoffs that's such a crazy turn of events.

I like Lamar a lot in general . Do you think Harbaugh should stay?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/IAmSpilly/status/1079543939240157184
Spilly doing gods work
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/30/steelers-vs-bengals-playoff-scenarios-nfl-week-17-scores/stories/201812300184
:lol: loving first comment

quote:

After all the years in decline for this team Tomlin has built, I hope the Rooneys realize it will take years more to fix this mess he has created after he is gone some day, maybe! As long as they keep this head coach impersonator, that is the end of another SB for many years. After all the disrespecting the flag by kneeling, I mostly gave up supporting the NFL and this team is a joke! I guess the team did not deserve to slip in the back door of the playoffs!

schmug
May 20, 2007

AFCN home of the Super Bowels

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

schmug posted:

Brown's are going 12-4 next year with at least 1 playoff win.

They will schedule a second round of playoffs because the browns are so good they want to win even more.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

For someone who mostly gave up on the nfl he sure seems mad

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I like Lamar a lot in general . Do you think Harbaugh should stay?

how can you possibly fire him after that? i hope none of the assistants get poached but they probably all will somehow again

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Steelers would be smart to keep Porter on staff since his power is the only thing keeping the Bengals in check

actually they do need to keep him on staff because his kid committed to PSU and i don't want his loser rear end angling for a job here

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

how can you possibly fire him after that? i hope none of the assistants get poached but they probably all will somehow again

martendale is gone

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals on completing another year of football.

I really thought they might not make it this year but those Bengals finished literally every game

*shakes head in amazement *

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Sour Diesel posted:

martendale is gone

you cant take stink fartindale from me

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Ghost Dog posted:

I was starting to sour but I agree.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

They will schedule a second round of playoffs because the browns are so good they want to win even more.

don't be flippant. We are family ITT

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I thought the bengals died week 10

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

how can you possibly fire him after that?

Stupider things have happened than "guy fired after making playoffs" but I guess it's not technically impossible if they immediately lose

Except that's impossible because they're winning out

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm going to go throw up but it's a happy throw up because of those beautiful birds of Baltimore.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
I think Martindale lasts one more year. Enough teams have gotten burned on Ravens DCs in recent memory to create pause for getting him this year. If he repeats what he did this year, than he is absolutely gone.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Never been so happy after our traditional week 17 loss. That’s what you get for tying the Hue Jackson Browns, Steelers.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Stupider things have happened than "guy fired after making playoffs" but I guess it's not technically impossible if they immediately lose

i do not see anything at all in the front offices history to suggest theyd fire a coach who took a 4-5 team to 10-6 and a division win, nearly winning out. regardless of what happens in the playoffs. the ravens front office does not fire coaches unless they have a very good reason, same as the steelers. its essentially their guiding principal. Stay consistent in management and let your overall competence give you an advantage over floundering disphit teams who constantly fire the only browns coach capable of toppling the afcn divisional champions in a regular season game

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ghost Dog posted:

firing harbaugh and putting all their eggs in the lamar basket is the best possible thing that could happen for the rest of the division

schmug
May 20, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

i do not see anything at all in the front offices history to suggest theyd fire a coach who took a 4-5 team to 10-6 and a division win, nearly winning out. regardless of what happens in the playoffs. the ravens front office does not fire coaches unless they have a very good reason, same as the steelers. its essentially their guiding principal. Stay consistent in management and let your overall competence give you an advantage over floundering disphit teams who constantly fire the only browns coach capable of toppling the afcn divisional champions in a regular season game

yes, the long storied histories of the Steelers AND the Ravens

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i mean yeah?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Arkhams Razor posted:

I think Martindale lasts one more year. Enough teams have gotten burned on Ravens DCs in recent memory to create pause for getting him this year. If he repeats what he did this year, than he is absolutely gone.

Some of the usual idiot teams are hiring again this season so I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Never been so happy after our traditional week 17 loss. That’s what you get for tying the Hue Jackson Browns, Steelers.

Or losing to the raiders

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals on completing another year of football.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Has anyone talked about how that triple option play was loving stupid

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Only half of the Bengals players actually finished the season so I think they only deserve a half credit for completion.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

schmug posted:

yes, the long storied histories of the Steelers AND the Ravens

Ravens have an extremely storied history including two (2) superbowls and a 2018 afcn champions banner

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lol storied history lmfao

Something I'm glad to have as a Ravens fan

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

longer history than the Browns Of Cleveland(est 1999)

Oberst
May 24, 2010

List of browns achievements in living memory:

Playing the Ravens close that one time

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Oberst posted:

Has anyone talked about how that triple option play was loving stupid

monitor

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Browns have a storied history if you think about it, they beat the Ravens once in the year 2018

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
the browns storied history began and ended w/ that brown tweet

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Browns have a storied history if you think about it, they beat the Ravens once in the year 2018

a win over the eventual sb champs is Huge

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Have to keep Harbaugh if he'll stay. I hate him but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

Raven fire Harbaugh after his team makes playoffs. Bengals hire Hue Jackson after he tanks two teams in the same year. The AFCN has a weird yet delicate balance.