Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Praying my grandson who finds me so boring to be beneath his notice will turn out like me to piss my son who hates me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Epic High Five posted:

BlackKklansman and Black Panther: "Cops folks....they're good"

(Pulling an ice cold take out the fridge and reheating it yet again) Killmonger was right

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Morphix posted:

prolly will skip the spider man as like, ya I just can't find any interest in sitting through another origin story
yeah fair enough

helps that it's not an origin for the spider-man most people know

also the animation is really loving good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this will be the first movie spiderman i have ever seen if it see it does that make a difference

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Epic High Five posted:

this will be the first movie spiderman i have ever seen if it see it does that make a difference

it's better than all the other ones

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
All comic book movies are bad, hth.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oldstench posted:

All comic book movies are bad, hth.

ya lol but so is everything else so whatever

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

pushpins posted:

(Pulling an ice cold take out the fridge and reheating it yet again) Killmonger was right

Did he even do anything outright evil in the movie like punch a baby or something because I remember unambiguously thinking this the entire time I watched the film, things would be better if he had won

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Black panther was a lovely movie that didnt portray anyone in a particularly positive light, wakanada were the fuckin bad guys unintentionally

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

BlackKklansman and Black Panther: "Cops folks....they're good"

Sorry To Bother You: "Break into a CEOs house and stomp the poo poo out of him"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

Sorry To Bother You: "Break into a CEOs house and stomp the poo poo out of him"

p solid plan imho

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chillgamesh posted:

Did he even do anything outright evil in the movie like punch a baby or something because I remember unambiguously thinking this the entire time I watched the film, things would be better if he had won

yeah he murdered a woman in cold blood because otherwise he would be the protagonist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bane was also a good guy

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

pillsburysoldier posted:

woooooooo people still on this Thanos did nothing wrong poo poo

i'm a little surprised by this. thanos's solution is to kill half of all people at random, and not exclusively the poor and minorities

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

p solid plan imho

its a p solid movie

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Chillgamesh posted:

i think he murdered his psycho girlfriend for basically no reason or something

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Raiad posted:

i think he murdered his psycho girlfriend for basically no reason or something

I don't think she was psycho, but he killed her because he was trying to kill Klaue, who was using her as a human shield.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

paul_soccer10 posted:

yeah he murdered a woman in cold blood because otherwise he would be the protagonist

Black Panther sucks until Killmonger shows up and then it's even worse after they make him nonsensically evil. It's a bad movie, one of the worst Marvel has made.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Bane was also a good guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2VJBmXExw

The guy who wrote the TDK Trilogy is Right Wing as gently caress.

That's why everybody likes Bane. They had to add in the bomb thing to make him the villain.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2VJBmXExw

The guy who wrote the TDK Trilogy is Right Wing as gently caress.

That's why everybody likes Bane. They had to add in the bomb thing to make him the villain.

lol ya it was the most obvious post hoc thing

uhhhhh this guy isn't being received as a villain, hoiw do we make him evil

I dunno, a uuhhhh nuke? in a...*thinks about things proletarians like* in a garbage truck?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TDKR has maybe the stupidest conversation i've ever seen in a comic book movie, where catwoman is sadly looking at a rich family's portrait in their abandoned house after gotham goes full anarchy or w/e and goes 'this used to be somebody's home' and her naive foolish friend goes 'now it's everybody's home! :downs:'

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Like even if your intended message was 'black people have been horribly oppressed BUT they shouldn't kill and enslave all the white people in revenge' they should have had Killmonger get redeemed at the end and team up with the ostensible hero to export liberation in an egalitarian way and not just 'eh let's build some rec centers'.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nolan said he was inspired by A Tale of Two Cities, so yeah it’s a reactionary fantasy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
RAM thread:

https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1079547319769595904
one of the guys, robert boman, "led police on a lengthy chase on bicycle and on foot before agents tackled and apprehended him."

goes into some details from berkeley and san bernardino as well, where this group marauded around attacking people.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Christmas family update:
-Sister’s fiancée recommended Joe Rogan podcast and namedropped Jordan Peterson
-Teenage cousin wants to join the army and is hoping for a war

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

snoremac posted:

Christmas family update:

my hard right ex uncle died. when i was little i used to think he was the cool uncle and i was a little GOP dipshit because of it. then i grew up and realized that he was drunken womanizer emotionally abusive rear end. who went nuts when obama won and hung the flag upside down and apparently went full super chud after the divorce. i hadn't seen him in years and apparently his health went to hell from trying to live the 80s capitalistic business lifestyle. gonna go to the funeral for my cousins sake because they are wonderful people.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 04:33 on Dec 31, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

snoremac posted:

Christmas family update:

The quickest cure for your teenage cousin will, ironically, be actually joining the loving army.

You're future brother-in-law is incurable, I'm afraid.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The quickest cure for your teenage cousin will, ironically, be actually joining the loving army.

Yeah that's a pretty good way to cure yourself of your cousin OP.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'll say this for Rogan, he has at least spoken out against some of the craziest poo poo on his show that I've seen. Even Rogan knows you need regulation to keep people from building houses that will collapse on you in ten years.
https://youtu.be/LQ62JMeRMmM?t=304

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I'll say this for Rogan, he has at least spoken out against some of the craziest poo poo on his show that I've seen. Even Rogan knows you need regulation to keep people from building houses that will collapse on you in ten years.
https://youtu.be/LQ62JMeRMmM?t=304

doesn't stop him from giving an enormous platform to the dumbest and most evil people in this demon cracker nation so what the gently caress does his opinion here matter? he'll keep doing it gleefully because it makes him rich, gently caress him

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Epic High Five posted:

doesn't stop him from giving an enormous platform to the dumbest and most evil people in this demon cracker nation so what the gently caress does his opinion here matter? he'll keep doing it gleefully because it makes him rich, gently caress him

i think this is a bit reductive. the overwhelming majority of people don't see a problem with giving a platform to idiots because one of the virtues of liberal thought is free speech, no matter how dumb said speech is.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

i think this is a bit reductive. the overwhelming majority of people don't see a problem with giving a platform to idiots because one of the virtues of liberal thought is free speech, no matter how dumb said speech is.

yeah they're super happy to normalize the dumbest and most evil motherfuckers because they value giving a platform to AIDS and holocaust denialists, they're stupid as poo poo and being played like a fiddle just like every other time throughout history that liberal dipshittery was coopted by fascists to broadcast their message

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to give them any credit or wiggle room here tho

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
realistically, it'd be far more productive to mainstream the idea that you can call people out on their stupid loving ideas (and not in a altright 'debate me, coward' way) and stop giving a poo poo about decorum around political thought.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress Joe Rogan and gently caress everybody who believes there is any value in his constant uncritical platforming of the stupidest and most evil motherfuckers this stupid and evil culture has managed to spawn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

realistically, it'd be far more productive to mainstream the idea that you can call people out on their stupid loving ideas (and not in a altright 'debate me, coward' way) and stop giving a poo poo about decorum around political thought.

he doesn't do that though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hellsau posted:

Yeah that's a pretty good way to cure yourself of your cousin OP.

I meant that nothing cures someone of being a motivated bloodthirsty hoorah warfighter than spending four years painting trash cans in the Fort Huachuca summer because some dipshit general thinks they're the wrong shade of green.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

choosing to use your platform to give antivaxxers exposure is deliberately killing children

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hellsau posted:

choosing to use your platform to give antivaxxers exposure is deliberately killing children

ooooh but have you considered the value in allowing these people a huge platform to expound on their ideas without any analysis or criticism?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

ooooh but have you considered the value in allowing these people a huge platform to expound on their ideas without any analysis or criticism?

i have considered it, and i consider that value to be extremely valuable in a hypothetical economy where children with measles and whooping cough are worth their weight in gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

the only exposure half of Joe Rogan's guests deserve is on the side of a mountain