Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Ogre loving sucks yo

Spells still get interrupted with the caveat you can cast without waiting 1.5 to 2 seconds.
That's one round if you are getting one rounded then invest in some stalking probes or reroll warrior ogre. You might save someone a tiny sliver of buffer xp by clicking the mallet on a uber that much quicker.

Also geometry will conspire to interrupt your spells which basically negates FSI entirely.

shirunei fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
iksar:
- looks cooler
- you have a tail
- free swimming skill
- 1.5 fungi tunic for free at 60
- ac bonus

ogre:
- smell
- bad
- ugly
- sucks

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I love the look of dark elves in plate, but yeah iksar is the way to go if you can stand the XP penalty.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Can an Iksar raise faction enough to be welcome all over the mainland? Or is it one of those technically possible but would take a million years type things?

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Can an Iksar raise faction enough to be welcome all over the mainland? Or is it one of those technically possible but would take a million years type things?

Yes, spot on:

https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Iksar%27s_Guide_To_Love_and_Friendship_Through_Murder

Never actually do this.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

It was worth reading all that for the end:

Otters and Walruses, Eternal Enemies

Otters: Othmir (Start at Indifferent)

Walruses: Ulthork (Start at bottom of Threatening)

To raise one, kill the other. The otters are cuter and sell baking supplies and give cool rewards to quests. There is no benefit to being friends with walruses.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
If the otters didnt want to die they shouldn't have sweet SK twink items.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

iksar:
- looks cooler

:wrong: Ogres have better faces, bigger weapons, and better animations.

Iksar faces range from “no personality” to “no personality with big gums”

Iksars stab and slash with sad little limp dick animations. Ogre 2h slashing is a full-on “HASSAN...CHOP!” and their piercing is the most lunging stab imaginable.

The only good look for Iksars is a robe, and that’s a no effort (and very limited) fashionquest for any of the classes that Ogres can be.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

Iksars stab and slash with sad little limp dick animations. Ogre 2h slashing is a full-on “HASSAN...CHOP!” and their piercing is the most lunging stab imaginable.

The only good look for Iksars is a robe, and that’s a no effort (and very limited) fashionquest for any of the classes that Ogres can be.

also, Troll has the same animations as Ogre as best I can tell.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

dromal phrenia posted:

ogres have the running animation of a splay-legged toddler

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

cmdrk posted:

also, Troll has the same animations as Ogre as best I can tell.

Yeah and trolls have buttcracks in diapers, they're pretty good too. They get the same regen as Iksars as well. They don't have a bigass skull on their chest but their helms are pretty cool.... hmm. Ultimately, while their faces have personality, I find them less lovable than ogres. And Tiny Ogre beats Tiny Troll too, but Tiny Ogre beats everything. Just picture me (Dark Elf Boy with cute face) carrying a tiny ogre up the steps in Kael :xd:

EVIL Gibson posted:

ogres have the running animation of a splay-legged toddler

Yesssss Tiny Ogre with the goofy underbite face, toddler marching his way into battle! This owns!! IT OWNS.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
wrong, fucker

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
I ended up creating both an Ogre and an Iksar, with both of them mostly untwinked (I got a piece of banded and ring from a kind higher-level passerby).

While getting stunned is a bit annoying on the Iksar, I have almost zero downtime thanks to the AC/regen combo.

I absolutely despise the Ogre starting area... can run for 30-60 seconds and never even see a mob to kill.

I want to like the Ogre, I do... but at lower levels they are really, really not selling it to me very well.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

poolside toaster posted:

I ended up creating both an Ogre and an Iksar, with both of them mostly untwinked (I got a piece of banded and ring from a kind higher-level passerby).

While getting stunned is a bit annoying on the Iksar, I have almost zero downtime thanks to the AC/regen combo.

I absolutely despise the Ogre starting area... can run for 30-60 seconds and never even see a mob to kill.

I want to like the Ogre, I do... but at lower levels they are really, really not selling it to me very well.

Head out of oggok and immediately turn left. Run until you see the ruins. Stay there for a while. Once you reach 4, head to Innothule around Guk entrance.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

poolside toaster posted:

Oh no doubt, feerott is one of the worst starting areas and Field of Bone is probably the best in the game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like Paineel. Lots of skellingtons and you get to go to the Warrens right after.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol now I'm playing an Erudite SK just to go through the starting area

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

Yeah and trolls have buttcracks in diapers, they're pretty good too.

my trol war had a tree weave as to maximize the buttcrack viewing.

/dance

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I cannot seem to make the transition to the Warrens. I'm level 5 now but there is no way to break up these first couple of packs.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Ehud posted:

I cannot seem to make the transition to the Warrens. I'm level 5 now but there is no way to break up these first couple of packs.

It's almost as if the environment forces you to cooperate with other players to overcome such challenges... Odd!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Meatgrinder posted:

It's almost as if the environment forces you to cooperate with other players to overcome such challenges... Odd!

Thanks, I know how to play the game. It's just that there isn't anyone to group with there lately.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Ehud posted:

Thanks, I know how to play the game. It's just that there isn't anyone to group with there lately.

honestly the only time I'm ever there is to powerlevel :( its so easy going from 1-20 there with a druid PLer.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ehud posted:

Yeah I think only people like Auld Lang Syne go through The Warrens. Your best bet might be to find people who want to make an Erudite party, because you need some kind of premade crew to find a group there. No one goes to Odus.

Even The Hole is pretty loving unpopular despite being a good exp spot with a number of places to camp, and a lack of specific spawn spots for nameds. But I guess it does suffer from lovely CR Syndrome (but so does HS and all you motherfuckers keep showing up there anyway GO AWAY)

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

Even The Hole is pretty loving unpopular despite being a good exp spot with a number of places to camp, and a lack of specific spawn spots for nameds. But I guess it does suffer from lovely CR Syndrome (but so does HS and all you motherfuckers keep showing up there anyway GO AWAY)

i dunno. i feel like people mostly stick to the Golden Path instead because its easy, almost always an outdoors dungeon, and have decent ZEMs.

TBH i wish the devs would rejigger ZEMs every once in a while to encourage people to hit the dungeons off the beaten path. i've been trying to hit the Kunark dungeons on my lower level toons. bringing my monk up, I did quite a bit of Kaesora and really enjoyed it. Dalnir.. not so much. Still need to hit Droga and Nurga one of these days.

too bad p1999 feels like it's on autopilot

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Hit 60 on the Shaman tonight. Thanks to Daaz for making that last 20% a breeze.

So I've got a 60 shaman with like 2 million invested into his gear spells already. What the hell do I do now?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

shirunei posted:

So I've got a 60 shaman with like 2 million invested into his gear spells already. What the hell do I do now?

Got start working your way through the solo list.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

cmdrk posted:

i dunno. i feel like people mostly stick to the Golden Path instead because its easy, almost always an outdoors dungeon, and have decent ZEMs.

TBH i wish the devs would rejigger ZEMs every once in a while to encourage people to hit the dungeons off the beaten path. i've been trying to hit the Kunark dungeons on my lower level toons. bringing my monk up, I did quite a bit of Kaesora and really enjoyed it. Dalnir.. not so much. Still need to hit Droga and Nurga one of these days.

too bad p1999 feels like it's on autopilot

That's definitely an issue, I agree about the rotating ZEM for the same reasons. I do know that ZEMs have been nerfed in the past - like before my time, Kedge apparently had a great exp bonus so it was hopping. Apparently they didn't like that because now it's not an exp hotspot and no one ever goes there. It's sad since that's such an interesting zone with some unique challenges (by which I mean underwater fighting sucks for melee, and for casters, and probably for bard songs and rogues unable to sneak and ugh just everyone) and without an exp or loot incentive it's just going to rot.

Droga is cool and has some good loot, Nurga just seems like a waste of a zone. I think there's a revamp at some point that changes things up but I don't know if that's with the chardok patch, or after it, or not even in-era period.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Kedge was like a fishy graveyard throughout the server's history even when it had a ridiculous experience mod. Only thing it was used for was druid fuckboys would go in there and power level twinks with charm trivializing your 30-50 journey. I'm pretty sure p1999 uses the EQmac ZEM list but then there's weird edge cases like Qeynos Catacombs being lower. Droga/Nurga is just a huge poo poo covered toilet bowl with green goblin turds running around. I may be bias due to factioning for dok 2.0 though....

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
it's me, i'm the druid fuckboi

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you haven't lived until you went from 5-6 in Toxxulia

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

shirunei posted:

Get carpal tunnel from Canni/Torporing

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
how does a person get into the goon guild?

i am a gay level 1 iksar necromancer and would like to be among other gay fantasy creatures

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Tabletops posted:

how does a person get into the goon guild?

i am a gay level 1 iksar necromancer and would like to be among other gay fantasy creatures

It helps if you post your char's name.

Alternately, you can ask in the Discord channel.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

ChairmanMauzer posted:

It helps if you post your char's name.

Alternately, you can ask in the Discord channel.

woops that would have been good.

my guys name is ratface. someone invited me into unknown guild so i think i'm good?!

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Tabletops posted:

woops that would have been good.

my guys name is ratface. someone invited me into unknown guild so i think i'm good?!

Awesome!

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
I've got my monk to 27. Mostly soloing in Lake of Ill Omen. If anyone has a pair of wu's shoes to spare, I'd love to buy them. I'm still shoeless and dreading getting flying kick. Good times

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I don't have a pair but if you gather the mats together I can tailor it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Anyone know the difference between The Al Kabor project and p2002?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Meatgrinder posted:

Anyone know the difference between The Al Kabor project and p2002?

P2002 was started by former devs of alkabor project because they had some kinda disagreement or falling out

I never played alkabor but i played p2002 for about 2 years and its a good server, im not currently interested in EQ or else i'd be playing my characters on 2002. There are no differences mechanics or rule-wise im aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I play on takp a lot. I never tried p2002 but I think they have some quality of life differences like mouse-scrolling view change. I've heard good things about both if you don't mind boxing.