Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Congrats dude!

I wonder what the highest number of ssr's in one roll has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There is a twitter post in JP that answers your question, but I have no idea how to find it nor do I remember the Servant they got.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

When Camelot banner came out the twitter link was a guy on Twitch getting multiple Ozys. It was a cursed roll back then.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

strange definition of curse

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know nasu at one point called gudako and mash's relationship platonic but then da vinci remarks the two of them ran off holding hands. :v:

Endorph posted:

i mean he gave the fanbase the basic facts of the matter and everyone had a meltdown of their own volition, because internet. better to pull that bandaid off now than two years from now.

Seems to me it'd make more sense to just announce it at the time and not worry about any loss of profits or years of harassment since at that point he can be on a beach drinking pina colada or whatever.

Personally I'd be kinda let down if FGO ended with part 2 but I'd also respect the artistic integrity of such a thing.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I was wrong about the multiple Ozys. The guy had 6 different SSRs (4 servants and 2 CEs) in his 10 pull.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I burned out pretty hard on this game during the summer event and only just logged in again today, but I got a Merlin with all the free poo poo I logged into so that's pretty cool.

I can't afford my last two Chaldea Lunchtimes and I don't see myself getting 1500 mana prisms before tomorrow, any idea if the unlock will end up in the Rare Prism shop?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

animatorZed posted:

Congrats dude!

I wonder what the highest number of ssr's in one roll has been.

one in a hundred chance of getting an SSR, so getting 3 SSR's has a one in a million chance. getting all ten rolls to be SSR's is a reasonable one in a one hundred quintillion chance

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't forget the Rate up percentage.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cpaf posted:

I burned out pretty hard on this game during the summer event and only just logged in again today, but I got a Merlin with all the free poo poo I logged into so that's pretty cool.

I can't afford my last two Chaldea Lunchtimes and I don't see myself getting 1500 mana prisms before tomorrow, any idea if the unlock will end up in the Rare Prism shop?

no idea when, but yeah it'll eventually be in there. there's also a similar CE that shows up in the mp shop in 2 years (5% bond when you use it, 15% bond when using it on a support)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Finally Done. And I'm gonna save up for The King when his pickup comes around. Big Brother will get a few more tickets, and hopefully he comes home.

EDIT: Primate Murder is a loving amazing name. And we defeated it without raising a hand in anger. Truly, a fitting end for the Beast of Contrast

Roman mentioning Kingu kind of gave away the spoiler, but drat. Using the 10th Ring to return himself to God, thereby erasing himself from even the Throne, is a heck of a move.

Can't wait for the animated version of the final fight. Burning your command spells to fight on Servant level and destroy a Beast with your bare hands and a shield is just...well, it's definitely Nasu level.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 31, 2018

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The one thing that will make me sad about a full FGO anime adaptation is that Fujimaru Ritsuka will be the canon master and Gudako will just get blown up in episode 1.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

until we actually see what they're doing with Camelot it seems a bit early to judge

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Traveller posted:

The one thing that will make me sad about a full FGO anime adaptation is that Fujimaru Ritsuka will be the canon master and Gudako will just get blown up in episode 1.

if ritsuka wants to be a girl he can just go to My Room and press the Change Gender button

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fun fact (solomon spoilers): primate murder was mentioned in a tsukihime infobook, iirc before fate/stay night even came out

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Solomon: I'm back to kill Gudako!
Marie: Bitch you're a Caster sit the gently caress down, homie.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm so mad about people discovering Primate Murder via FGO. Then I mutter something about how the remake will be coming out soon.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like how, in the end, Tiamat and Goetia aren't the most evil characters in this franchise, or even game.

Eat a dick zouken.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Don't forget the Rate up percentage.

Rate up increases the chance of THAT SSR appearing, not the overall SSR rate.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cuntellectual posted:

Rate up increases the chance of THAT SSR appearing, not the overall SSR rate.

Yes, which means the odds of rolling three merlins are even lower because each one had a chance to be a random SSR.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
No Merlin. :rip:

Guess I can wait til the 10 million DL campaign to try again.

Pleeease come up musashi/gramps. :pray:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Terper posted:

I'm gonna be real honest, I'm still back in France. I don't really play a lot. But I decided, gently caress it, I'll buy some quartz and do a pull on the Merlin banner, because I've been streaming with my friend (the clip I posted earlier) and I like Merlin. Like, I really like Merlin, I think he's dope as all hell.

I'm

I'm so sorry

But I'm now contractually obligated to play this game forever.

Wow.

Congrats! Thought I was lucky with my 2 5* in 6 tickets.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hey

uh

just letting you know that you should probably not go outside or do anything that could possibly put you at risk because the sheer amount of luck you just burned puts you at risk for basically everything.

For real though, yeah. There's only so much life can give before it taketh away.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Magical Bee posted:

This is because he's based in part on The Stars My Destination, a sci-fi novel a lot like the The Count of Monte Cristo. His NP name even references it - both the subtitle and the book's original name reference Blake's Tiger poem.

This is exactly right. Gully Foyle has a specific moment where he battles a bunch of super juiced up commandos by turning on a turbo mode that makes everything seem to slow down to a crawl but can kill him...which fits exactly with what Dantes does to fight. He's very, very well done, have I mentioned that?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cuntellectual posted:

I like how, in the end, Tiamat and Goetia aren't the most evil characters in this franchise, or even game.

Eat a dick zouken.

And Kirei, let's not forget Kirei in the most evil Fate character contest.
(I'm not disagreeing with your proposed Zouken treatment)

Two days before getting disappointed on the Musashi banner. Depending on spooks, it's then Assassin, Caster or Lancer banner time.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Archer Gilgamesh is pretty high up there too.

I also have a soft spot for hating Tokiomi since he knew drat well about what Zouken would do.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hypocrisy posted:

I also have a soft spot for hating Tokiomi since he knew drat well about what Zouken would do.

Even if he didn't, he probably wouldn't see a problem with it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can someone tell me if Dashing Japanese Man with Dragon Wife and Limited 3* Man are good?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

To be honest, after Babylon I kinda understand Goldenrod a little. When you die while your right hand woman is Siduri and wake up in a world where Donald Trump is allowed to exist I could understand thinking about burning it all down and starting anew.
He shouldn't have acted on the impulse of course and he's still a right bastard throwing a childish tantrum.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Can someone tell me if Dashing Japanese Man with Dragon Wife and Limited 3* Man are good?

They're both fine.

Omobono posted:

And Kirei, let's not forget Kirei in the most evil Fate character contest.
(I'm not disagreeing with your proposed Zouken treatment)

Two days before getting disappointed on the Musashi banner. Depending on spooks, it's then Assassin, Caster or Lancer banner time.

The worst thing I can think of that he does is setting up Gil. Which is pretty bad, but not *that* bad compared to some of his competition.

Hypocrisy posted:

Eh, there's reason to believe he didn't know.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 31, 2018

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm so mad about people discovering Primate Murder via FGO. Then I mutter something about how the remake will be coming out soon.

Tsukihime Remake has to come out. How else are they going to have a cross-promotional FGO event?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Omobono posted:

To be honest, after Babylon I kinda understand Goldenrod a little. When you die while your right hand woman is Siduri and wake up in a world where Donald Trump is allowed to exist I could understand thinking about burning it all down and starting anew.
He shouldn't have acted on the impulse of course and he's still a right bastard throwing a childish tantrum.

What about the part where his other major objective through F/Z and F/SN is to defeat Saber and then torture and rape her until she becomes his willing sex slave?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

What about the part where his other major objective through F/Z and F/SN is to defeat Saber and then torture and rape her until she becomes his willing sex slave?

I mean, who didn't have that objective, really.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Uh, pretty much noone outside of him and the two Casters?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Uh, pretty much noone outside of him and the two Casters?

I was over-exaggerating for comedic effect but I mean come on, it's three people.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Hypocrisy posted:

Most Type-Moon mages are pretty much assholes. Your Wavers and Rins are the few exceptions.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Screw him and I'm glad he got an Excaliblast in the face/the Married Swords in the arm/eaten by the shadow. (Pick favourite route)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Omobono posted:

Screw him and I'm glad he got an Excaliblast in the face/the Married Swords in the arm/eaten by the shadow. (Pick favourite route)

:hmmyes:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

halokiller posted:

Most Type-Moon mages are pretty much assholes. Your Wavers and Rins are the few exceptions.

Reminder that Strange Fake had both a guy who killed his son for not having enough potential as a mage, and then his wife for having the gall to be upset over it, and two parents who forced their daughter into a coma as an experiment.

I may be misremembering the exact details, but I think Strange Fake is the best example of "mages are dicks."

Remember, the ability to make friends with servants instead of treating them like dirt is a superpower. :v:

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hypocrisy posted:

He knew it'd be painful (it always is) and there's probably a baseline level of horrifying that every magus has to accept, but he didn't expect it to be full of worms. And worse, that Sakura wouldn't get anything out of it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
It says something that between the Chruch and the Mage Association, the group willing to purge an entire village and its population after they became zombies because it's Evil and Needs To Die is seen as less morally bankrupt than the guys who were only there to kill the guy responsible so they could steal his research notes.

The Mage Association only care about two things: Acquiring more knowledge and making sure no one finds out about Magecraft so they don't have to deal with pesky things like 'moral outrage' and 'consequences for one's actions'.