Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

I mean, the AfD is already basically US Republicans transplanted to Germany, might as well have the SPD become establishment Democrats as well.

As long as people stop voting for those parties, I'd be OK with it. All four of them. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Breaking a lance for Rotkäppchen. It’s ok! Krimsekt is fun too, let’s see if Penny has any tomorrow :black101:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My girlfriend informs you all that Rotkäppchen Flaschengärung is perfectly good, but everything below is indeed awful swill.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vanadium posted:

Do y'all think for 2019 we could come up with a different thread aesthetic than ever-escalating judgemental snark? Like it's cool and good to run the quasi-nazis out of the thread but idk beyond that.

The "thread aesthetic" seems fine until you-know-who drops in and everything devolves into jabs and quips back-and-forth, but it ends up being a self-renewing Schleife since Germans have a systemimmanent problem with the whole Poe's law

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

systemimmanent problem

I first read this as my username and I was like "wtf man, not cool! :mad:" :v:

As long as this thread stays true to its Kernkompetenzen which are 1. hating on Nazis, 2. dunking on the SPD and 3. mostly good-natured laughing at each other's dialects it's gonna remain one of the chiller places of the internet :cheers:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

System Metternich posted:

I first read this as my username and I was like "wtf man, not cool! :mad:" :v:

It's all good, friend :buddy:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Which Sekt is thread-approved? I only got a bottle of Fürst von Metternich, but that's mostly because that's what I know, not because I like it more than others.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Eezee posted:

Which Sekt is thread-approved? I only got a bottle of Fürst von Metternich, but that's mostly because that's what I know, not because I like it more than others.

Krimsekt and / or Kindersekt

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Natur

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:distonk:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Die Kassette ist wirklich. :yikes:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/WDR/status/1079335645187854336

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That fucker used a 80ccm motor kit on his bike and paraded it in front of police. Lmfao

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I'm also 32 and whenever I feel like a loser I'll just think about that guy

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

ephex posted:

you have the worst taste in everything how is that even possible

You don't drink Rotkäppchen because you think it tastes good, you drink it because it's the cheapest.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
It’s far from the cheapest. It might be the cheapest that still looks kinda classy though.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Asking which Sekt is the best leads to nothing because all Sekt is bad* and I don't get why it is the go-to drink for whenever people want to celebrate something

*I guess Kindersekt and that Litschisekt I had once were ok #notallsekts

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

What. Champagne and Cava are the best

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Asking which Sekt is the best leads to nothing because all Sekt is bad* and I don't get why it is the go-to drink for whenever people want to celebrate something

*I guess Kindersekt and that Litschisekt I had once were ok #notallsekts

:hai:

except also Kindersekt and Litschisekt sound super nasty as well

az
Dec 2, 2005

holy poo poo you just triggered so many bad memories

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Libluini posted:

"Recht auf Arbeit", like "Arbeit macht frei", is one of those subtle little jokes our overlords invented to make fun of us without us noticing.

Recht auf Arbeit war eine der großen Forderungen der beginnenden Linken in den Revolutionen von 1848 und der Implementation der div. Verfassungen, weil es eben der einzige Weg aus der Armut war, wenn es keine Sozialssysteme gibt, und dank des Verrats der Nationalisten und Liberalen an der Linken gab es die eben erst Jahrzehnte später überhaupt in Ansätzen. Aber entsprechend eben 170 Jahre alt und eventuell nicht mehr ganz auf der Höhe der Zeit.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Sorry to hear you never drank good Schaumwein of any kind in your life. I'll take a nice Sekt or other sparkling drink any day over most wine or beer.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That's not even a "Rasenmähermotor", that's a mass-produced DIY conversion for bikes, and the manual usually includes a big ol' "COMPLY WITH LOCAL LAW AND REGULATION, YOU DINGUS" warning

loving NRW-Polizei and their clickbait :mad:

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Um den avisierten positiven Gesprächston für 2019 schon einmal vorweg zunehmen: was ist denn nun ein guter Sekt/Schaumwein? Ich muss zugeben, ich bin einem solchen Exemplar bisher nicht begegnet, aber das ist auch nicht meine Welt - der einzige Wein, den ich genießbar fand, war mal ein kalifornischer Dessertwein.

Krimsekt habe ich mir auf jeden schonmal notiert.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Gatac posted:

Um den avisierten positiven Gesprächston für 2019 schon einmal vorweg zunehmen: was ist denn nun ein guter Sekt/Schaumwein? Ich muss zugeben, ich bin einem solchen Exemplar bisher nicht begegnet, aber das ist auch nicht meine Welt - der einzige Wein, den ich genießbar fand, war mal ein kalifornischer Dessertwein.

I'd like to note that Krimsekt isn't actually good, it's just different from normal Sekt.

I think no one really knows to compare the various Schaumweine, because you drink them about twice a year, months apart.
If you don't like wine in general, but want to like it, just try different types, they can be very different.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Gatac posted:

Wenns ein Dessertwein war, war er wahrscheinlich süß im Geschmack, oder? Wenn dir trockene Weine also nicht so liegen, dann halte Ausschau nach "lieblichen" oder wenigstens "halbtrockenen" Weinen. Rotwein ist nicht so meins, drum kann ich da jetzt auch nix sagen, aber der gelbe Muskateller bei den Weißen zB schmeckt sehr gut imo und ist meistens auch recht süß. Federweißer/Sturm haben auch einen höheren Zuckeranteil, schmecken aber auch ganz anders als normale Weine und sind nur ein paar Wochen im Jahr erhältlich, aber vielleicht willst du ja mal probieren wenn du nächstes Jahr im Laden drüberstolperst oder so.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Gatac posted:

Die Frage ist halt was du gerne hast.
Vom Dessertwein her hast du gerne süss? Ich empfehle Moscato (nicht Muskateller, obwohl auch gut ist der kein Schaumwein), ist zwar nicht so classy aber dafür säufig. Nur 5% Alkohol also auch brauchbar für Autofahrer und andere die Alkohol nicht so gerne haben.
Sonst bei der Beschreibung schauen nach Zeug wie doux, dolce, etc (ab sec/dry, Demi-sec etc haben sie einen bisschen süsslichen Touch). Die sind meistens nicht so süss wie Moscato aber immer noch süsslich.
Generell finde ich sonst Proseccos gut, relativ leicht und Preis/Leistung passt auch.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

Gatac posted:

Sekt und Prosecco in süß kann ich nicht ab. Je trockener, desto besser. Wenn dir das nicht liegt, schau vielleicht eher in Richtung Cidre.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

*Takes note of all the Sekttrinkers for when the revolution comes*
*Updates the guillotine order*

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Cidre und Federweisser kann er schon, die Frage war nach nem Sekt. Nicht zwangsläufig süß, aber halt was gutes, einfach damit ich auspuzzlen kann, ob es mir kategorisch nicht schmeckt oder ich einfach immer nur Scheisse gesoffen habe. Prosecco war auch nicht so meins, Moscato schau ich mir mal an. Danke schon mal für die Tipps.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's not even a "Rasenmähermotor", that's a mass-produced DIY conversion for bikes, and the manual usually includes a big ol' "COMPLY WITH LOCAL LAW AND REGULATION, YOU DINGUS" warning

loving NRW-Polizei and their clickbait :mad:

"Schlaganfall Fahrradmotor" :hmmyes:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

*Takes note of all the Sekttrinkers for when the revolution comes*
*Updates the guillotine order*

I petition to exclude good, solid Proletariatschaumweine like Rotkäppchen Sekt from the list

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Just ordered some bitching Italian flour. My one and only resolution for 2019 is baking a hecking good pizza you know

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Healbot posted:

Leader of the SPD left wing, ladies and gents.

Idg the hate. "Wer nicht arbeitet, soll auch nicht essen" is a staple of the left. As is the "Recht auf Arbeit" which was proudly written into the Menschenrechtscharta.

The BGE (emphasis on the "B") seems like a cool idea, but I've never read a good paper on its Effekt bei flächendeckender Einführung: Will more People work or less? Will GDP rise or fall? Will it lead to a Kapitalflucht or not ? Only thing most papers agree on is the fact that it should lead to an increase of the inflation rate.

Other macroeconomic effects cannot be predicted and therefore make implementation risky. The Gegenfinanzierung isn't on a sound ground either. It's either "eat the rich" or "tax the robbits", either of which opens a bunch of other cans of worms.

It should be acknowledged that the SPD resisted the populist lure of promising a wet brainfart in exchange for the votes of gulllible people. This sense of responsibility is the difference between staatstragende Sozialdemokratie and the populist left.

As Nahles has voiced this opinion before (in November and as a reaction to Habeck's vague Garantiesicherung) it should be added that even Habeck doesn't propose a BGE ...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Einbauschrank posted:

eat the rich

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Einbauschrank posted:

Idg the hate. "Wer nicht arbeitet, soll auch nicht essen" is a staple of the left. As is the "Recht auf Arbeit" which was proudly written into the Menschenrechtscharta.

The BGE (emphasis on the "B") seems like a cool idea, but I've never read a good paper on its Effekt bei flächendeckender Einführung: Will more People work or less? Will GDP rise or fall? Will it lead to a Kapitalflucht or not ? Only thing most papers agree on is the fact that it should lead to an increase of the inflation rate.

Other macroeconomic effects cannot be predicted and therefore make implementation risky. The Gegenfinanzierung isn't on a sound ground either. It's either "eat the rich" or "tax the robbits", either of which opens a bunch of other cans of worms.

It should be acknowledged that the SPD resisted the populist lure of promising a wet brainfart in exchange for the votes of gulllible people. This sense of responsibility is the difference between staatstragende Sozialdemokratie and the populist left.

As Nahles has voiced this opinion before (in November and as a reaction to Habeck's vague Garantiesicherung) it should be added that even Habeck doesn't propose a BGE ...

Apparently "staatstragend" is code for "only idiots vote for them", considering how the SPD is bombing in elections so far

Besides, the entire BGE discussion is kind of confusing for me, we are already giving people Hartz IV, after all. The BGE is basically the same, just with less bureaucracy and set on a slightly higher level of "income". I'm fairly sure if we just give everyone a slightly higher, renamed Hartz IV but bulldoze the gigantic bureaucratic machine behind Hartz IV, the state would come out on top.

And I'm speaking here as someone who lived many years under Hartz IV and has relatives living under Hartz IV right now, so I know fairly well what a bureaucratic Kindergarten Hartz IV is. The wastage of effort and money is enormous.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 31, 2018

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Libluini posted:

Apparently "staatstragend" is code for "only idiots vote for them", considering how the SPD is bombing in elections so far

Staatstragend is code for whatever kind of betrayal they're currently working on. It's a 104 year old tradition at this point.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I guess "Hartz IV" für alle wouldn't be that great of an election slogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

staatstragende drywall