Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

duck trucker posted:

New Galio is better than old but I'm not particularly a fan of his white stone look.

Man new Galio is a 100 times better than old Galio. Old Galio was never useful and he wasn't fun to play. Like Singed even if he is weak in a meta is fun to play. Back then I wasn't even a meta slave. I would play a lot of cheese picks and did pick Galio vs heavy ap comps but new Galio does that job the same and he is way more fun to play. The best thing about Galio was his champion design which was pretty cool.

If we are talking about reworked champions or old champion designs that were fun to play. Let's talk about full ap sion max e, blow up people with e+w. Sion had a hilarious walking animation, an ult that made 0 sense in any context or build. He was atleast funny and stupid to play. New Sion is great but too bad E max ap build isn't that viable.

Sexpansion posted:

new Warwick might be my favorite rework, the champ is so much better but still plays a lot like it originally did.

Ya this totally. I love when they can keep the feel of the champion the same but modernize him. I use to spam a poo poo ton of old WW whenever I got jung but with role selection I don't jung anymore so I haven't played him but from the little I did his kit is still very similar but just more modern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is there any good reason as to why me and my friend (unranked pre-30s) are being consistently matched against LV100-200 Gold/Platinum players in Normals? They're not even smurfs; I check their accounts and they just have hundreds of hours and incredible ranks. There is zero semblance of any fairness to it. They are stomps that end in under 20 minutes. Why does the matching algorithm think this is okay?

Like Verv said, if you have a semblance of a win streak while leveling up the game skyrockets your MMR to the skies above.

I imagine you guys unluckily won against an unfair matchup while the game was trying to course-correct and instead of dialing back it steered even further.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Same with Galio. I liked old Galio too but his laning phase and mana costs were such dogshit that he was completely unplayable. New Galio is playable and often strong and again you are an actual champion for the times when you don't have ult and flash!

Ulio posted:

Man new Galio is a 100 times better than old Galio. Old Galio was never useful and he wasn't fun to play. Like Singed even if he is weak in a meta is fun to play. Back then I wasn't even a meta slave. I would play a lot of cheese picks and did pick Galio vs heavy ap comps but new Galio does that job the same and he is way more fun to play. The best thing about Galio was his champion design which was pretty cool.

look i hate to be "that guy" but you people were not very good at old galio

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
i got rank 5 mastery on both pre-rework urgot and galio, and let me just say: bring back Old Graves

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Old Sion had a 2.0 AP ratio combo on a 10 second cooldown. A combo that had a 1.5 second stun and no skillshots. I miss him dearly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

I hate to be that person but no one played galio for like 4 seasons because he was trash

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

The worst you could be at old galio was the third best at him. You could go months without seeing him playing regularly

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
in hundreds of ranked games I don't think I saw a single Corki in 2018

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
God I do not miss the days of hearing :siren: RRRRNNNNNN :siren: and furiously pinging the entire map until I ran out of pings

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Besides being a very good gameplay update, the concurrent visual update for Warwick was also one of their biggest improvements, I think.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

The worst you could be at old galio was the third best at him. You could go months without seeing him playing regularly

hello. best galio player here :dukedog:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Boxman posted:

Besides being a very good gameplay update, the concurrent visual update for Warwick was also one of their biggest improvements, I think.

Despite my daily picketing against the travesty that is the loss of the real Grungy Nunu, I must admit that N&W visuals are amazing now

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

in hundreds of ranked games I don't think I saw a single Corki in 2018

i think corki rework is the worst rework by far because it took a servicable, played champion that people liked and turned it into the biggest balance nightmare that riot is content with essentially removing from the game instead of trying to balance it and they are too prideful to admit they irredeemably hosed up and change the champion back

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

corki is in the same boat as skarner where they moved a bunch of the champ's power to a gimmick passive that most people don't actually enjoy playing around.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

i think corki rework is the worst rework by far because it took a servicable, played champion that people liked and turned it into the biggest balance nightmare that riot is content with essentially removing from the game instead of trying to balance it and they are too prideful to admit they irredeemably hosed up and change the champion back

What did they change about Corki other then remove true dmg to magic dmg and give him the package? All his abilities are exactly the same.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
they curbstomped his base damage and ratios and put all of the damage into the package

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
They also gave his Q ability, War Crimes Bomb, a really long travel time so it's only useful for hitting the creep wave

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they can rework corki as long as they keep the attack animation. they have my permission

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Yashichi posted:

They also gave his Q ability, War Crimes Bomb, a really long travel time so it's only useful for hitting the creep wave

They did that way before he was reworked

e: lol it was more than 4 years ago

Firebert fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 31, 2018

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/2TRhdSt.mp4

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Poppy's waveclear is pretty bad before you get Bami's, and Shen buys a cape and a hydra and split pushes... does it matter than she can Q caster minions down later in the game when shen's doing the same thing with his auto-splash damage? :psyduck:

Sion's waveclear is like, considerably better than Poppy's.

Also Poppy is good and fun.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

mistaya posted:

Poppy's waveclear is pretty bad before you get Bami's, and Shen buys a cape and a hydra and split pushes... does it matter than she can Q caster minions down later in the game when shen's doing the same thing with his auto-splash damage? :psyduck:

Sion's waveclear is like, considerably better than Poppy's.

Also Poppy is good and fun.

poppy has a basically free aoe slow that controls waves very well and hurts them. shen doesn’t. yes sion has it even better. none of this really has any bearing on what i’m saying

my complaint isn’t about the literal dps a char can do to a wave of minions, it’s about how well the tanks in this game trivialize lansing by being both resilient and being hard to punish when they’re being outpushed. combine this with then usually having the best cc in the game and it makes solo lanes against tanks stupid and bad. poppy and sion are the loving exemplars of this bullshit. sion obviously has more control - iirc he was a mid laner for a while because of how absurd it was

i dunno what the solution is. it’s probably not trivial

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 31, 2018

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I've decided to finally go ahead and achieve my destiny of making a jhin 1-trick account, I expect to see a good account name for it in this thread by the time I wake up tomorrow thank you

Monicro fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 31, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
After avoiding ranked for ages I finally tried it and got Iron II. Which I'm sure is poo poo and will be impossible to climb out of.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Monicro posted:

I've decided to finally go ahead and achieve my destiny of making a jhin 1-trick account, I expect to see a good account name for it in this thread by the time I wake up tomorrow thank you

Jhin Redcorn

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Monicro posted:

Buy Jihnpokemon
Jihn and Tonic
Jihnsh'allah

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Anidav posted:

After avoiding ranked for ages I finally tried it and got Iron II. Which I'm sure is poo poo and will be impossible to climb out of.
Everyone's getting booty rear end placements this year. The real climb is out of Silver, once you make it to Gold 4 you've got it made.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
In Anime David's case, the ranking is 100 % correct however.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Verviticus posted:

poppy has a basically free aoe slow that controls waves very well and hurts them. shen doesn’t. yes sion has it even better. none of this really has any bearing on what i’m saying

my complaint isn’t about the literal dps a char can do to a wave of minions, it’s about how well the tanks in this game trivialize lansing by being both resilient and being hard to punish when they’re being outpushed. combine this with then usually having the best cc in the game and it makes solo lanes against tanks stupid and bad. poppy and sion are the loving exemplars of this bullshit. sion obviously has more control - iirc he was a mid laner for a while because of how absurd it was

i dunno what the solution is. it’s probably not trivial

I contest that there's a problem at all. Poppy being able to get some CS under tower while an Urgot/Aatroxx is riding her rear end and being able to kill people dumb enough to dive her there is not something that needs a solution. It's why she's viable as a character at all. Her durability has been hit multiple times and her shield has counterplay. Her CC is a small aoe slow and a long cooldown charge that can be outpositioned so again, counterplay.

Toplane has a lot of problems but like, you aren't telling me why you think Poppy is one other than "I can't get sick kills on her with my Fiora if she turtles".

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

busb posted:

In Anime David's case, the ranking is 100 % correct however.

eh, I've been higher before.

Might be fun but probably won't.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

The most fun I've ever had in ranked was stomping the hell out of games when I had a super rough set of placement games last year and ended up in bronze 4, and I'm definitely only a silver player.

It's definitely doable

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just need HP scaling magic damage that can crit back in the game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

It is easier to climb from lower ranks than it is from higher ranks. You don't know the meaning of hardstuck until you play with a bunch of d5's who have egos but have given up because they will never get relegated.

Actually having played vs Silver/Gold players in norms they aren't even that bad in terms of laning or mechanics. I have been outplayed and solokilled by them a few times but their decision making after the first 10 minutes is very very questionable. They make a lot of decisions without any information on important things like vision, enemy spell cooldowns and much more.

Just onetrick a easy champion and you should climb quickly. Probably something like Master Yi is the most op poo poo in those elos. There will be games where you just get stomped and enemy win cleanly early but most games will have throws so you will scale eventually.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

one time for laffs(note: legally and lexically different than laughs) i tried to play ranked in preseason knowing it did not matter, somehow ended up in bronze 2, and i picked nami and was 1v2 soloing the enemy botlane because their positioning was so bad that i could freely auto them down to 30% hp before all inning them, and then i hard carried games as nami.

i never found league more entertaining than those low elo games and if i liked pubstomping i would gladly do it again, but alas for my conscience.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If you pick a champ with a hard cc and can reliably hit it you will utterly dominate a majority of bronze and silver games.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

duck trucker posted:

If you pick a champ with a hard cc and can reliably hit it you will utterly dominate a majority of bronze and silver games.

I have moved away from TF lately because the lane match ups have gotten out of control, but there's no joy like gold cards.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
London Dry Jhin

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

duck trucker posted:

yeah this, or play rammus

e: hejhin my bets

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Blue Jhins

Jhin Valjhin

Jhin Air ADC :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jhin Genie

Juzám Jhin