Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i'm fine lol, it was like 110 degrees f here today and i had to cope the only way i knew how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Reminder that this continues to be the webcomics thread for liking webcomics, and not the webcomics thread for inserting things and/or people into your vagina. Unless there's a webcomic about that. If there is a webcomic about that, please don't link it.

hahaha "if"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

thread challenge: find the best, funniest and most well-developed oviposition and unbirthng webcomics

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Mors Rattus posted:

thread challenge: find the best, funniest and most well-developed oviposition and unbirthng webcomics

oglaf

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mors Rattus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXTAkpnXpwA

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
One time I made a joke about Questionable Content being one of this thread's inexplicable hot buttons and exactly a week later someone quoted my post to say "Wait, what's the big deal about Questionable Content?" And that started a catastrophic derail in which I'm certain several people died.

Stay safe, everyone.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

QC isn't bad so much as aggressively mediocre. It also happens to be great about representation, which is a plus even if it isn't great about writing

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

One time I made a joke about Questionable Content being one of this thread's inexplicable hot buttons and exactly a week later someone quoted my post to say "Wait, what's the big deal about Questionable Content?" And that started a catastrophic derail in which I'm certain several people died.

Stay safe, everyone.

jesus christ it happened again

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well, I mean, its content IS pretty questionable

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nuns with Guns posted:

Stay safe, everyone.

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, DAD

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
What I got from this derail is that Questionable Content is the Friends of webcomics

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If every six months the writers got tired of Chandler and swapped him out for a big booty robot

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Phoebe's boyfriend, but gay?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Samuringa posted:

What I got from this derail is that Questionable Content is the Friends of webcomics

That's accurate enough. Pleasant enough to look upon, you get a chuckle, and a minority of the fanbase is WAY too into it.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

To try and save you all from the wierd QC loop you've gotten stuck in, & because someone somewhere mentioned Kid Radd recently & got me thinking of ~2000's era comics, you should be aware of IRRITABILITY

Somehow it's been running since 1999 and as half of all webcomics at the time were its sort of set within an RPG, but it starts getting interesting / coherent in 2009 when one of the charcaters makes their own dungeon:
http://maze.icomix.com/comicpage/b.php?i=754

It's never going to be a majorly popular webcomic, but I think people here might like the sense of humor.

However, the real gem of IRRITABILITY is it's separate 'Bad Comic' series where the creator has been :justpost:ing with no regard to continuity or traditional standards of good sense since 2011 : http://maze.icomix.com/comicpage/bad.php?o=1.

A few highlights:
Animals!

The Crystal Lizards!

The Brandon Trilogy!:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Samuringa posted:

Uh, this is the thread for liking webcomics.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Questionable Content sucks and I don't care WHO knows it!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TwoPair posted:

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, DAD

I can hear it in my head, lol.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Clean Your Teeth posted:

To try and save you all from the wierd QC loop you've gotten stuck in, & because someone somewhere mentioned Kid Radd recently & got me thinking of ~2000's era comics, you should be aware of IRRITABILITY

Somehow it's been running since 1999 and as half of all webcomics at the time were its sort of set within an RPG, but it starts getting interesting / coherent in 2009 when one of the charcaters makes their own dungeon:
http://maze.icomix.com/comicpage/b.php?i=754

It's never going to be a majorly popular webcomic, but I think people here might like the sense of humor.

However, the real gem of IRRITABILITY is it's separate 'Bad Comic' series where the creator has been :justpost:ing with no regard to continuity or traditional standards of good sense since 2011 : http://maze.icomix.com/comicpage/bad.php?o=1.

A few highlights:
Animals!

The Crystal Lizards!

The Brandon Trilogy!:

Some of these are really funny and I've absolutely never heard of this before. Huh. Thanks!

Phy posted:

If every six months the writers got tired of Chandler and swapped him out for a big booty robot

I remember this season of Friends. Weird, but good.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
What is the Always Sunny of webcomics?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Vonnie posted:

Demon?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vonnie posted:

Least I Could Do.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Least I Could Do.

No, Always Sunny is enjoyable.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
wasnt sluggy freelance supposed to end this year

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hogge Wild posted:

wasnt sluggy freelance supposed to end eventually

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Vonnie posted:

Nobody Scores! really tried to be, ended up just insufferable.

I'd guess Swan Boy? It's a shame the site is terribly designed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hogge Wild posted:

wasnt sluggy freelance supposed to end this year

no, but it did end one of its major plotlines.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

no, but it did end one of its major plotlines.

what was that? the acrobat woman? easter bunny?

in other news, the fuckdolls have an afterlife:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hogge Wild posted:

the evil madscience corporation.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

the evil madscience corporation.

what happened with it?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hogge Wild posted:

what happened with it?

Legally liquidated, headquarters and secret installations physically destroyed, boss and large amount of other personnel killed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hogge Wild posted:

im gonna be honest this page is incredibly loving funny

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

Legally liquidated, headquarters and secret installations physically destroyed, boss and large amount of other personnel killed.

thanks!

Tollymain posted:

im gonna be honest this page is incredibly loving funny

i find many of the comic's pages funny

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can only hope when i inevitably die in some kind of macabrely hilarious way that the too-horrible-to-imagine monstrosity that devours my soul angel welcoming me into purgatory casually refers to my [CONTENT REDACTED]

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Soooo I've followed He Is A Good Boy from the beginning, and I just... Don't think I get what it's about? I like some individual character moments and isolated stories, but I don't really understand what the point of the convoluted plot about alternate timelines and such is. Someone please help me understand how all that is integral to the story of a shiftless loser who doesn't want to grow up? It clearly means a lot to KC Green, seeing how much effort he's putting into explaining it, but it's just washing over me.

I think its metaphyiscal commentary on the life a cartoon character, translated through an acorn who both works as a metaphor for the mankid, untapped potential, could be grand tree! he is a good boy. etc. and also as a thing which is essentially "replicated" like a cartoon character and die many deaths before the 1 in however many gets in some soil and grows. I also think the last hell-y part is about cartoon/corporate anxiety. I think the story's going to end well. Crange dropped an acorn of his own, like a tree would!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Hogge Wild posted:

this is a solid joke, but for anyone not paying attention it literally says she's on a computer somewhere

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 1, 2019

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

unrelated: this comic, like 99% of QC pages, feels like it ends two panels before the last punchline

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rokos gonna wind up working at the bakery as a toaster

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

And everyone who doesn't help create that toaster will just get slightly warm bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So nobody gonna mention how Cheap Thrills has returned as Rigsby, WI?

I'm excited to see what she does with it now.