Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao every black coach is getting fired as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Gruden is meeting with Snyder right now so if Washington kicks him to the curb we will find out soon.

Your new Raiders Offensive Coordinator

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dexo posted:

Lmao every black coach is getting fired as gently caress.

<Sweats profusely in Tomlin>

It's not too surprising though. The league just murdered defensive play, and black coaches were primarily only allowed to become defensive coaches / positional coaches that don't get to move up to offensive coordinators, so...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Gase just got axed

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Please Rex Ryan in Miami. I want to see Buffalo get two guaranteed wins vs Miami a year instead of the usual split.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Colostomy Bag posted:

Has this been done before?

I’m guessing someone told him on behalf of Keim or Bidwill but he hasn’t heard it directly from there.

On one hand he made questionable decisions all year, but if they’re already pulling the plug on him, then Keim needs to go as well.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 31, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So am I missing any of them?

Packers
Cardinals
Browns
Bengals
Jets
Dolphins
Buccaneers
Broncos

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You could see the writing on the wall with Marvin in the complete apathy the city had towards the team, even when they were like 4-1.

Mike Brown is insanely stubborn but he is also still a cheap rear end in a top hat and I think attendance was the worst in the league

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lets all trade coaches!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/status/1079756705817419777?s=21

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

Lets all trade coaches!!!

I low key wouldn't mind Gase as OC in Atlanta. Am I crazy? Thought he was great coming out of Chicago and had some awful injury luck in Miami, but didn't see enough of your games to know how bad he really was.

E

Just saw your next post lol so no he isn't gonna go back to coordinator...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Over time Marvin got real stuck on certain players and staff to the extent where he was clearly favoring them over better options for whatever ego reason. A new place with no existing baggage might be really good for him assuming he still wants to do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

I low key wouldn't mind Gase as OC in Atlanta. Am I crazy? Thought he was great coming out of Chicago and had some awful injury luck in Miami, but didn't see enough of your games to know how bad he really was.

The play calling was truly baffling at times.

His affinity for screen passes frustrated the hell out of Dolphins fans.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I love how dumb the NFL is, that apparently multiple executives have looked at Gase's tenure in Miami and think to themselves, "This man is a genius, a real quarterback-whisperer and offensive genius. Get him on the phone!"
But then they still all clamor to interview Bellicheck assistants despite the fact BOB is the only one to have had any success away from Big Daddy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1079756936759910402

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

The play calling was truly baffling at times.

His affinity for screen passes frustrated the hell out of Dolphins fans.

Hard pass then. Sounds like Sark with jet sweeps and zone pitches. Blegh.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I love how dumb the NFL is, that apparently multiple executives have looked at Gase's tenure in Miami and think to themselves, "This man is a genius, a real quarterback-whisperer and offensive genius. Get him on the phone!"
But then they still all clamor to interview Bellicheck assistants despite the fact BOB is the only one to have had any success away from Big Daddy.

Gase gets fired from his next job after two seasons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So my rough thoughts of job quality:

Packers - You have a top 5 all time talent at QB. Expectations are high, but this is easy mode.
Browns - Winning the division might get you a statue built. Very good young core of talent on both sides of the ball.
Cardinals - Low expectations, good top end talent, horrific roster talent otherwise. Solid QB prospect that needs a Goffing.
Jets - Low expectations, a good young QB prospect. Significant downside: Married to very bad GM. Moderate expectations (low from fans, high from lovely NY media)
========
Buccaneers - Good top end talent. Players unhappy with organization though. Messy front office, messy QB situation, though clearing house will buy you ~3 years to groom a young QB. Low
expectations.
Dolphins - Extremely average everywhere. Needs to find a new QB. A subpar front office, but flush with cash and will get you anything you ask for. Probably needs a rebuild despite that probably getting you fired in two years. Potential if cards played right to take a solid QB prospect, hit on it and build a roster that can win immediately. Moderate expectations.
Bengals - Ownership unconcerned with winning and only concerned with making money. Stagnant. Easy to have a long career, Difficult to get any support or any free agents. Very low expectations. Just draft a QB and get something exciting going and get some butts in the seats.
Broncos - A bad GM that will foist blame onto you for his shortcomings. Reasonable roster talent. Caretaker QB. Moderate to high expectations.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
If Hue does become the head coach in Cincinnati, how do you sell that to the fans?

Like, I understand you can explain it as Cleveland didn't have the talent they have now, but still--1-31 over two years.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

MD2020 posted:

If Hue does become the head coach in Cincinnati, how do you sell that to the fans?

Like, I understand you can explain it as Cleveland didn't have the talent they have now, but still--1-31 over two years.

I mean look at how much better the Browns did literally the second Hue left and Gregg loving Williams took over.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love how the NFL is turning into the Executive branch of the government.

"Oh hey this dude says some poo poo on tv i agree with lets let him run stuff"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

vyst posted:

yeah

there's like no difference between mark davis' and trump's hiring practices

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah

there's like no difference between mark davis' and trump's hiring practices

Turns out rich kids coasting on daddy's money are the dumbest assholes on the planet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

vyst posted:

It always has been

Remember Matt Millen?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Packers - You have a top 5 all time talent at QB. Expectations are high, but this is easy mode.
Browns - Winning the division might get you a statue built. Very good young core of talent on both sides of the ball.
Cardinals - Low expectations, good top end talent, horrific roster talent otherwise. Solid QB prospect that needs a Goffing.
Jets - Low expectations, a good young QB prospect. Significant downside: Married to very bad GM. Moderate expectations (low from fans, high from lovely NY media)
========
Buccaneers - Good top end talent. Players unhappy with organization though. Messy front office, messy QB situation, though clearing house will buy you ~3 years to groom a young QB. Low
expectations.
Dolphins - Extremely average everywhere. Needs to find a new QB. A subpar front office, but flush with cash and will get you anything you ask for. Probably needs a rebuild despite that probably getting you fired in two years. Potential if cards played right to take a solid QB prospect, hit on it and build a roster that can win immediately. Moderate expectations.
Bengals - Ownership unconcerned with winning and only concerned with making money. Stagnant. Easy to have a long career, Difficult to get any support or any free agents. Very low expectations. Just draft a QB and get something exciting going and get some butts in the seats.
Broncos - A bad GM that will foist blame onto you for his shortcomings. Reasonable roster talent. Caretaker QB. Moderate to high expectations.

The Cardinals also have a very bad GM. Jets have $100m in cap space and ownership willing to spend it.

I’d probably put the Jets 3rd in desirability behind the Packers and Browns.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Next week the Bengals will call a press conference to introduce their new coach who everyone's super excited for.... folks it's Marvin Lewis

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Any news on Jim Bob Cooter?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Any news on Jim Bob Cooter?

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1078608973039915008?s=21

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Kalli posted:

========
expectations.

I still think this is the wrong way to look at NFL job openings, it's about the money and the power. Teams who have probable HOF quarterbacks haven't really attracted marquee talent(the Chargers), and teams who have had multiple one-and-done firings have been able to attract hotter names.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/1079762107334361091?s=21

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cincy feels like a job where you can walk in and win immediately. Maybe I am biased but they still have a ton of skill position talent, a HoF DT and other pass rushers still in their prime, and a reasonably capable QB. It will get much harder when all those dudes start winding down in a couple years but they have been mediocre in recent years mainly because of their lovely coaching and injuries, not because the roster is lovely.

MD2020 posted:

The story is that Marvin got outright fired by Mike Brown this morning, which makes it hard to see him turning around and giving it to his best buddy. I do think that the org loves Vance to pieces.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Oh God is Jack Del Rio going to try to become the Rex Ryan of Pirate themed teams?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I think the Browns are a much more attractive position than the Packers right now. Dorsey is proven, while Gutekunst is in only his second year coming up. The Packers also have a weird power structure going on where the cap guy and the GM have equal authority. Expectations are also sky high especially as we're in the middle of Rodgers's back nine, but the team needs at least one more draft and free agency of talent to think about going deep into the playoffs.

The Browns though have been hitting on their last few drafts, are in a great situation cap wise, Baker is on a rookie contact, there's loads of talent on defense that just need a bit more development and coaching to cross the hump to dominant. And taking the Browns to the playoffs gets you a job through 2024 probably, whereas NFCCG is probably the baseline expectation for the Packers.

Now that said, most coaches aiming to become NFL head coaches aren't the type to downplay expectations and are comfortable shootng for the moon, so maybe the higher pressure environment in Green Bay isn't as much of an issue as I'm seeing it as.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Happens to a lot of guys as they get older and have more responsibilities and different interests.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/1079763134892494849?s=21

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Come on Pagano, you can land one of these.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/1079761452855107586

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1079762763625328641

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, Dolphins media is saying so much poo poo about Adam Gase you'd think he was just #metoo'ed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

oh my loving god.