Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think on PlayStation 4, the Day of the Tentacle Remaster is the easiest platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

precision posted:

Holy poo poo that dunkey video about Super Seducer 2 :psyduck:

I've never seen someone lean so hard into a joke that they fall so completely over (the guy who made the game, not dunkey)

is it a joke, i just assumed the guy making that (series, now!) was a complete oval office

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ciaphas posted:

is it a joke, i just assumed the guy making that (series, now!) was a complete oval office

He is, but also he's trying very hard to appear like the kind of guy who can take a joke

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I laughed when he fired missiles at YouTube critics

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

what's everyone gonna be playing at midnight

IRL kissing minigame

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Super Seducer was absolutely serious in intent, the dude realized everyone took it as a joke, so Super Seducer 2 is trying to be ironic in its tone but that poo poo is so transparent.

On a similar subject, Louis CK has completed his transformation into Dennis Miller but like 20 years after ripping on Dennis Miller was fun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Doom Goon posted:

A Steam library full of games and this is what I'm playing.

I mean, it's a new translation for a game I'd been hoping would be translated for years (Stories of Ihatovo), but still, a couple brand new top-of-the-line games and instead I rush to essentially a proto-walking simulator/storybook for the Super Famicom...

It's really good. I wonder if the Cat Office is a reference to the Galactic Railroad movie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is the last day to play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in the year of its in-game setting.

Experience the dystopic far-flung future of a world of endless privatized war and out-of-control memes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the last day to play Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in the year of its in-game setting.

Experience the dystopic far-flung future of a world of endless privatized war and out-of-control memes

we only get the bad parts of every dystopia

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

we only get the bad parts of every dystopia

I'm sure you can buy a katana and be a street samurai if you really want to

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was just reading about how Saudi Arabia was outsourcing its attacks on Yemen by recruiting former African child soldiers, and after my initial horror I thought "Kojima..."

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
MGR was a warning.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s hear some 2019 gamer resolutions

I vow to actually complete an RPG instead of restarting twenty times and burning out

I've been in a rut for the past couple years while life stuff has been complicated where when I do play games I just default to an "easy" choice which has usually been Overwatch. Generally playing one or two games a year is bad when one purports to work in the video game industry, so my goal this year is to be more deliberate with what games I play and to play more of them. I wanna buy and play at least 4 games at launch this year too. This should be easier since I have a Switch now and if Animal Crossing comes out this year then that's one right there!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

al-azad posted:

Super Seducer was absolutely serious in intent, the dude realized everyone took it as a joke, so Super Seducer 2 is trying to be ironic in its tone but that poo poo is so transparent.

On a similar subject, Louis CK has completed his transformation into Dennis Miller but like 20 years after ripping on Dennis Miller was fun.

In that case I'll continue not giving a poo poo about it (or videos about it, sorry dunkey :v:)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

MGR was a warning.

So was MGS2

If I didn't know he was just a fuckin weirdo with odd story/game design sense I'd swear Kojima was actually Nostradamus (er, one who was accurately prophetic. metaphor rather doesn't work does it)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah child soldiers didn't exist before 2002

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I mean obviously

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Why is it that we had 4 player split screen games when everyone had 19 inch TVs and now that everyone has 50 inch TVs we have hardly any split screen games

Its hard to make multiple hd images run from one console

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My gaming resolution is to learn enough japanese to play like picross or equivalent in japanese.

This is also my work resolution too

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I try a little bit of everything as it is. Maybe I'll learn Shogi. Or watch an anime about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Barudak posted:

My gaming resolution is to learn enough japanese to play like picross or equivalent in japanese.

This is also my work resolution too

You're in luck since picross doesn't have any text except like Starto and Seebu

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

Buying significantly less games.

:same:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

So was MGS2

If I didn't know he was just a fuckin weirdo with odd story/game design sense I'd swear Kojima was actually Nostradamus (er, one who was accurately prophetic. metaphor rather doesn't work does it)

I’ll just repost what I said in the GBS FF7 thread

“The stages of beating MGS2 when it first came out and not getting a lick of a clue of its ending, to vaguely grasping it a few years later with a rewatch and reread, to doing that again another few years later and it suddenly making more sense for unexplained reasons, to finally thinking on it in context of today and going “OH MY GOD” has been a surreal experience in and of itself, because yeah, that poo poo turned out to be raw prophecy and that’s unsettling as hell”

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Looking back this was probably my favorite tweet of the whole year and no I don't know what the gently caress is going on here other than a weird account pushing his gimmick to new uncharted places
https://twitter.com/SegaCDgames/status/1027324819635924994

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gamer resolution is to play more series where i've got a spotty history, or finish a couple games i got to the end of and never completed years ago

need to play all the Kirbys i missed (may as well replay the others too), catch up on Kingdom Hearts since i haven't really touched them since finishing maybe one route in birth by sleep, play the rest of the gb saga games, finish dragon quest monsters and mml2 since those are the two bigger unfinished games from my childhood, etc.

maybe play the last unfinished wii u game i have that i haven't gotten around to (wooly world)

maybe finally start and finish Nioh after burning myself out on playing each prerelease version for like a dozen and a half hours apiece

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Black August posted:

I’ll just repost what I said in the GBS FF7 thread

“The stages of beating MGS2 when it first came out and not getting a lick of a clue of its ending, to vaguely grasping it a few years later with a rewatch and reread, to doing that again another few years later and it suddenly making more sense for unexplained reasons, to finally thinking on it in context of today and going “OH MY GOD” has been a surreal experience in and of itself, because yeah, that poo poo turned out to be raw prophecy and that’s unsettling as hell”

at least we still don't actually have bipedal warbots yet

... useful or effective ones anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna finally play Siren 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Need a choice on a coinflip, should I play The Messenger or DQ11 right now

pretty much at the start of both

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

heads

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tails

play sonic

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I need no resolutions, my gamer habits are already perfect

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my gamers resolution is to never play a videogame

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah gently caress i hosed it up

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Need a choice on a coinflip, should I play The Messenger or DQ11 right now

pretty much at the start of both

Use this

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I need no resolutions, my gamer habits are already perfect

we know you're just going to play more atelier anyway

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

messenger it is

i'm sure i'll switch in about 20 minutes if yesterday's pattern keeps up :v:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

When I can't decide between two things, I flip a coin three times then see how I feel about the outcome.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Phantasium posted:

we know you're just going to play more atelier anyway

As I said, perfect gamer habits

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My gaming resolution is 1080p :xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quote isn't edit