Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I got busy with my Zeta TV rewatch and dropped IBO season 2 after a few episodes. Clearly I need to finish it because Iok sucks and I like a good, satisfying anime death.

Trust me.

You have not even begun to hate Iok.

Also, another sketch in the leadup for the presentation on the sixth.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

drat, Spinner Rodi looking badass

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Watched the latest gundam: the origin movie and man, I loving love the zabis. I'd watch a show entirely focused on their insane, machiavelian family drama

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caros
May 14, 2008

I have no idea what it is about this image. Maybe the framing, or the lighting, but it just strikes me as some weird sex thing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I saw a bunch of photos of this on Twitter and holy poo poo :laffo:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Caros posted:

I have no idea what it is about this image. Maybe the framing, or the lighting, but it just strikes me as some weird sex thing.

Honestly? I'm thinking it's the Dom suits.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wrestling is a weird sex thing

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

For a moment I thought they were custom characters in one of those highly-customizable wrestling games and thought "hey wrestling games are a lot more realistic-looking these days"

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

HitTheTargets posted:

:golfclap:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope they tried their patented Jet Stream Attack.

Caros
May 14, 2008

HitTheTargets posted:

loving hell. :vince:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

Watched the latest gundam: the origin movie and man, I loving love the zabis. I'd watch a show entirely focused on their insane, machiavelian family drama

I like that the person who had the highest direct Zabi kill count was in fact a Zabi.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unless Kycillia personally planted the bomb that killed Sasro Zabi, does that one count?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Fair enough, she probably had a minion do it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

After watching the last episode of origin,I liked how it established that even at the beginning of the war, Degwin was baffled at how out of hand poo poo got. He just an rear end in a top hat who wanted to run side 3 and wanted to wrap things up ASAP. But of course, his even bigger rear end in a top hat children Kycillia and Gihren take things up to eleven.

It's darkly hilarious how Kycillia completely hosed over their chances of winning by aiding revil's escape, which of course, leads to the federation winning the war. She likely regretted that move during A Baoa Qu

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Monaghan posted:

After watching the last episode of origin,I liked how it established that even at the beginning of the war, Degwin was baffled at how out of hand poo poo got. He just an rear end in a top hat who wanted to run side 3 and wanted to wrap things up ASAP. But of course, his even bigger rear end in a top hat children Kycillia and Gihren take things up to eleven.

It's darkly hilarious how Kycillia completely hosed over their chances of winning by aiding revil's escape, which of course, leads to the federation winning the war. She likely regretted that move during A Baoa Qu

I also like how absurdly blind to the family politics Garma and Dozle were. Especially poor Dozle, who kept assuming in the face of all evidence that they were a happy, functional family that loved each other.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Garma will forever be my favorite Zabi because of that stupid Crossbone story.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

I also like how absurdly blind to the family politics Garma and Dozle were. Especially poor Dozle, who kept assuming in the face of all evidence that they were a happy, functional family that loved each other.

Dozle and Garma are incredibly concerning because they are so unaware of how damaging their ignorance is. Dozle had his one moment of clarity after Operation British and came to the wrong conclusion. Garma didn't even get that far. He has no idea what he's doing while trying to prove himself to his father and goes out to commit war crimes "mopping up" Loum, becoming as complicit in the atrocities as his openly vindictive older siblings.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dozle and Garma are incredibly concerning because they are so unaware of how damaging their ignorance is. Dozle had his one moment of clarity after Operation British and came to the wrong conclusion. Garma didn't even get that far. He has no idea what he's doing while trying to prove himself to his father and goes out to commit war crimes "mopping up" Loum, becoming as complicit in the atrocities as his openly vindictive older siblings.

"Came to the wrong conclusion" feels like an odd way to phrase it. It seemed clear that Dozle had figured out that what he was doing was wrong, then he went deep into denial to avoid having to do what conscience would demand otherwise.

He's still the closest to a decent person in the family, even with that. Which makes it somewhat fitting he had the best outcome.

After all, he got to die in battle protecting his men rather than getting shot in the back like everyone else, and Minerva had a future. In the Universal Century, better men have had much worse fates.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"came to the wrong conclusion" meaning that Dozle was this close to realizing that he was a monster and that his family was vile, and then rationalizing his guilt away in the worst possible manner, thereby making him further complicit in the next round of atrocities.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, what designs inside and outside the franchise would you say were inspired by the Sazabi? It feels like it developed an influential new look for villain mechs, but I'm having trouble thinking of specific examples. The Sinanju doesn't really count, obviously.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chiasaur11 posted:

"Came to the wrong conclusion" feels like an odd way to phrase it. It seemed clear that Dozle had figured out that what he was doing was wrong, then he went deep into denial to avoid having to do what conscience would demand otherwise.

He's still the closest to a decent person in the family, even with that. Which makes it somewhat fitting he had the best outcome.

After all, he got to die in battle protecting his men rather than getting shot in the back like everyone else, and Minerva had a future. In the Universal Century, better men have had much worse fates.

Dozle knew drat well what he was doing was wrong and did it anyway. I think that makes him worse than Garma, honestly, since Garma was largely ignorant of exactly how evil his family and their cause was; Garma's culpability is about on the same level as your average Zeon koolaid drinker, while Dozle knew it was all bullshit but kept his head down and toed the family line.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

how does kycillia have a higher zabi kill count than char? by my count they're tied, if you count indirect kills than kycillia killed sasro and char killed garma, if you don't then they have one apiece with kycillia killing gihren and char killing kycillia. dozle was killed by amuro, degwin was killed by gihren, what zabis am i missing?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ninjewtsu posted:

how does kycillia have a higher zabi kill count than char? by my count they're tied, if you count indirect kills than kycillia killed sasro and char killed garma, if you don't then they have one apiece with kycillia killing gihren and char killing kycillia. dozle was killed by amuro, degwin was killed by gihren, what zabis am i missing?

Char wouldn't really mind; He just wanted them dead, it didn't have to be by his own hands. Having the Zabi's all essentially bicker among themselves to death was just gravy, and meant Kycillia never saw him coming with a point-blank RPG.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Who killed Miharu Zabi though?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

New season of Dallas Colony looking interesting.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

HitTheTargets posted:

Her own idiocy trying to launch a missile and getting hit with the backwash.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Do those moving handles that ships have in their hallways in the UC have like, official names of some sort?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
From Reddit, there's a new site for the IBO spinoff thing:
https://g-tekketsu.ggame.jp/

Some sort of game? According to someone on the reddit thread that's not Akatsuki.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF7afHHfQA4

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 6, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

From Reddit, there's a new site for the IBO spinoff thing:
https://g-tekketsu.ggame.jp/

Some sort of game? According to someone on the reddit thread that's not Akatsuki.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF7afHHfQA4

If nothing else it has achieved at least three times the passion of ordinary flamenco, holy poo poo that soundtrack :stwoon:.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If nothing else it has achieved at least three times the passion of ordinary flamenco, holy poo poo that soundtrack :stwoon:.

There might be more on there by the way, that was the first video I found that wasn't region locked.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Space Venice looks like a sweet set piece

Also another fancy looking Graze Schwalbe yay

edit: here

quote:

The spinoff's story is set in the year P.D. 323, the same year as the television anime's story. Gjallarhorn's political intervention in the Arbrau Central Parliament escalated into an armed conflict using mobile suits. The incident was brought to an end by Tekkadan, a group of youths who came from Mars.

Word of Tekkadan's exploits even reached the ears of Wistario Afam, a boy born and raised in the Radonitsa Colony floating above Venus. Venus, which lost a terraforming rivalry with Mars, is a remote planet for which even the four major economic blocs has shown little interest. The inhabitants do not even carry IDs, and the planet is just used as a place to exile criminals.

Wistario wishes to change the status quo of his birthplace — and then, appearing before him, is a girl who claims to be the guide to the Uršr-Hunt.

space venice venus

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 6, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Here's to more Goetic Demons and hopefully no creepy space harem.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

>App
>F2P with in-app purchases

Yeah you just murdered all my interest in it, thank you. Wish it was an actual anime and not a cashgrab because it does sound interesting, oh well.

Also Hajiroboshi does not fit the Gundam themenaming, does it?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also Hajiroboshi does not fit the Gundam themenaming, does it?

Yeah, it should have been a Demon from the Ars Goetia to continue with Barbatos and such. This means it's probably not one of the original 72 Gundams.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It's a mobile game though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, it should have been a Demon from the Ars Goetia to continue with Barbatos and such. This means it's probably not one of the original 72 Gundams.

Could it be a direct/phonetic translation of an Ars Goetia name and ANN haven't realized it?

RillAkBea posted:

It's a mobile game though.

Yeah, any interest in it just cratered with those two words :sigh:.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Could it be a direct/phonetic translation of an Ars Goetia name and ANN haven't realized it?

Apparently it's an archaic Japanese name for Venus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I could see turning G Gen into a Fire Emblem Heroes-type of game, but setting it in the world of IBO and touting it as a direct follow-up story takes some huevos.