Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Lol how wrong you are. Sekt owns and for once I’m agreeing with oliwan (which autocorrect tried to turn into allowance, make of that what you will). I don’t understand why Penny sells it cheaper at Silvester now though. 2.49 as opposed to 3.69 or whatever usually.

The cheese thing is coming along nicely, it’s a bit too brown already but we will see. 40 minutes to go.

It’s getting a bit bloaty too, here’s hoping it doesn’t blow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

We drank dark red wine and now I'm dark red tired

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zwille posted:

Lol how wrong you are. Sekt owns and for once I’m agreeing with oliwan (which autocorrect tried to turn into allowance, make of that what you will). I don’t understand why Penny sells it cheaper at Silvester now though. 2.49 as opposed to 3.69 or whatever usually.

The cheese thing is coming along nicely, it’s a bit too brown already but we will see. 40 minutes to go.

I'd be kinda worried that the cheese towers will burn while the potatoes won't be durch. I saw that video you posted about a year ago, and my first thought was "There's no way those things are done on time".

Good luck, though!

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah, I’m aware it’s an experiment so I warned everyone invited that there’s a chance of things going wrong :eng101:

However, 50 minutes checks out for the potatoes so it’s more I’m worried the cheese stacks will burn. There’s some real disasters in the twitter replies, like the whole sheet turned into a Raclette cheesebath, which I’m not convinced is a wrong outcome.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Because the worst the latter do is inconvenience a bunch of other people on said forum, and they can be run out of town relatively easily.

I agree with most of your post but I think this attitude is kinda counterproductive and contributed to there being quasi-Nazis, ironic or not, everywhere on the internet. Just putting up with aggressively "conservative" bullshit sets a certain tone and attracts people who need an outlet for their more or less thinly veiled hatred of poors and minorities. More chill people who don't need that constant low-key aggression in their daily shitposting just silently stop showing up, so I think the ongoing effect is a lot worse than just inconveniencing people.

(I made much the same argument years ago in our shared shameful past where up to somewhat recently most people stubbornly held onto anti-Semitic memes while insisting no one there was an actual racist. I don't really know how that turned out for them but I think they changed their mind on that now at least.)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Vanadium posted:

I agree with most of your post but I think this attitude is kinda counterproductive and contributed to there being quasi-Nazis, ironic or not, everywhere on the internet. Just putting up with aggressively "conservative" bullshit sets a certain tone and attracts people who need an outlet for their more or less thinly veiled hatred of poors and minorities. More chill people who don't need that constant low-key aggression in their daily shitposting just silently stop showing up, so I think the ongoing effect is a lot worse than just inconveniencing people.

(I made much the same argument years ago in our shared shameful past where up to somewhat recently most people stubbornly held onto anti-Semitic memes while insisting no one there was an actual racist. I don't really know how that turned out for them but I think they changed their mind on that now at least.)

I think you're misreading my stance as "Don't call them Nazi, so if they're not a Nazi, don't do anything". I'm saying do something against everything, but reserve the term Nazi for those that are actual Neonazis, and don't use it as a blanket term for everything aggressively conservative or worse.

I actually posted "Racists? Run them out of town. Trolls posting racist poo poo? Run them out of town". Literally every instance of racism, bigotry, and discrimination needs to be combated, and using "Nazi" for everything on the spectrum is a dangerous false-equivalence in my opinion.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 31, 2018

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Okay, that's fair. I'll amend my complaint to "I'm too lazy to keep up with the latest right-wing rear end in a top hat taxonomies" and move on then.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, I absolutely get what you're saying, poo poo can be exhausting.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Rotkäppchen Rosé Sekt trocken is actually not bad

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zwille posted:

What the gently caress

does the government know your are doing those hosed up experiments in your apartment?

Also, god bless and good luck with it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

bronin posted:

Rotkäppchen Rosé Sekt trocken is actually not bad

Good post

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i wish we had rotkäppchen here in america. i actually looked into importing it but it is apparently impossible. if you think it’s bad then boy howdy do i have some $10-$20 proseccos to show you. and yea, that’s really as cheap as wine gets here. it’s outrageous.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Update: it went well! But it’s incredibly filling, the bigger lump would’ve totally sufficed. Also some Preiselbeermarmelade is definitely needed. It’s not as fun as the twitter post made it look though, the cheese gets solid way too fast. Fondue or Raclette has this thing beat, easily.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Zwille posted:

Update: it went well! But it’s incredibly filling, the bigger lump would’ve totally sufficed. Also some Preiselbeermarmelade is definitely needed. It’s not as fun as the twitter post made it look though, the cheese gets solid way too fast. Fondue or Raclette has this thing beat, easily.

Happy for you that it turned out great, my goon

(Also, thanks for guinea-pigging that poo poo, that's the next thing I'm gonna try)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Zwille posted:

the cheese gets solid way too fast.

Thanks for confirming, that was my main concern.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Abel Wingnut posted:

i wish we had rotkäppchen here in america. i actually looked into importing it but it is apparently impossible. if you think it’s bad then boy howdy do i have some $10-$20 proseccos to show you. and yea, that’s really as cheap as wine gets here. it’s outrageous.

lolwut, just go to any Kroger's and you can get wine just as cheaply as here in Germany

I just wouldn't recommend drinking any of it

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I’m watching dinner for one rn and nobody of you can stop me

e: CHEERS SOPHIE, ME GAL

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

System Metternich posted:

I'm boring and listening to a podcast about the French Revolution. Kind of fitting, since I'm planning to shoot a lot of artillery in less than three hours.

Also for some reason my cat thinks that guy's voice is very soothing, since she loves sleeping in odd positions when the podcast is running, and starts loudly complaining if I don't switch to a new episode fast enough if the last one stops

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

skol

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Happy for you that it turned out great, my goon

(Also, thanks for guinea-pigging that poo poo, that's the next thing I'm gonna try)

I got a hunch it might work very well with some blue cheese, like Bavaria blu. And tacos maybe.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wenn es ganze Blauschimmelräder für gutes Geld gäbe, wäre das meine Marmelade!

Auch:

Guten Rutsch, ihr Spacken, ich mach morgen mit meiner Freundin Schluss und trinke jetzt noch drölf Bier

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Guten Rutsch, ihr Spacken, ich mach morgen mit meiner Freundin Schluss und trinke jetzt noch drölf Bier

That’s not gutelaunestiftend at all! :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That’s not gutelaunestiftend at all! :(

Yeah, it sucks, I was worrying about our relationship for the better part of this year, but still put my rear end into it and haltete meiner Freunden den Rücken frei, weil sie ziemlichen Stress hatte, but with her lack of communication and especially some of her behavior in the last couple of months, I just don't see any future for us anymore. Also, just this very evening she pulled something incredibly herzlos and sold it to me like it wasn't a thing, the Fass is voll. Hurts after like 7 years, but hey, gotta look into the future.

In any case, her herzlos thing is also the reason I'm spending Silvester alone, so I figured I'd try to not E/N post too much about it, and instead do something productive for the other valuable people in my life, so with 90 minutes to spare in this dumb year of 2018, I started prepping some chili sauce to send to my good friends in South Korea:

Also, my sister - in a totally non-self-serving manner - gifted me a little Anzuchthaus und Kokosquelltabletten, along with her favorite selection of chili seeds, so that I may start growing her some more Christmas gifts for next year, and I'm looking forward to ziehing a couple of Setzlinge groß in 2019:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Dang that sucks, all the best to you for tomorrow and all of 2019! :whateverthathuggingsmileyis:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Dang that sucks, all the best to you for tomorrow and all of 2019! :whateverthathuggingsmileyis:

:roboluv:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Well it’s official, a Guads Neis es Grattler! :yotj:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
RE: Bzgl. BGE

Ich bekomme als Hartzler um die 950€ vom Staat - Und ich darf alle 6 Monate nen Weiterbewilligungsantrag stellen. Ansonsten natürlich ne Veränderungsmitteilung, falls sich was ändert.
Warum Ich dauernd nen WBA machen muss, obwohl ich zu ner VÄ verpflichtet bin, keine Ahnung.

BGE würde für mich bedeuten, dass ich nicht dauernd die immer wieder die selben Sachen senden muss.
Und ich könnte (Ich habe z.Z. nen fantastischen 450€-Job) sogar Jobs anfangen und wieder aufhören wenn Scheiße.
Habt Ihr schon mal nen 450€-Job unter Hartz4 angefangen und nach einer Woche abgebrochen? Das ist so ein Haufen Papierkram, das ist unglaublich.

Btw was ist hier draußen so laut?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Frohes Neues, ihr Nasen, ich hau mich dann in die Heia und hoff, dass euch 2019 im gleichen Maße eine bessere Zeit beschert, wie mir. So sehr wir uns hier drin auch öfters mal Kabbeln, ich find's toll, dass wir mitnander auskommen <3

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Drone posted:

lolwut, just go to any Kroger's and you can get wine just as cheaply as here in Germany

I just wouldn't recommend drinking any of it

that’s cooking wine, and it’s still way more expensive than rotkäppchen

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

We set so much poo poo on fire just now I think I'm blind now.

Dad in true form lit the fireworks with his cigarette and then stood 60cm away.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Incidentally now is the moment you should decide whether to write the 9 like g or like q

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Frohes Neues!

35 Raketen in unter 29 Minuten abgefeuert, neuer persönlicher Rekord. Hände komplett schwarz vom Ruß. Alle Verwandten gegrüßt. Operation gelungen!

I made a short video for relatives of me shooting one of them missiles, and it made Hannover sound like a war zone. Funny, if macabre.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Buddy of mine taught me how to shoot of böllers and rockets with a signal gun

There is some chance that they'll blow up in your face this way but how else are you going to lob a Chinaböller 100m into the air like a mortar shell

E: don't do this :v:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

A couple of people near the house have been going at it firing their arsenal since 23 o'clock and were still at it until five minutes ago.

Frohes Neues!

Edit: Also Hallelujah, I can finally get some 250Mbit up in this flat.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 1, 2019

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

“Heatwave triggers prison riot in Alice Springs”

Frohes Neues! Wie ist das Wetter bei euch so?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
what on earth are you doing in alice springs

not even australians go to alice springs

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Sulla Faex posted:

what on earth are you doing in alice springs

not even australians go to alice springs

Cheap flight stopping over there. I understand the prisoners rioting after being exposed to that sun for about 30 seconds walking from the plane to the terminal.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Guäts Neuis aus der Schweiz.
Gute Nacht oder guten Morgen je nach Richtung in der ihr unterwegs seid.

Und natürlich kitschig wie eh und je goonyear.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Why can’t any European airline offer free WiFi onboard? It’s amazing to shitpost while looking at red sand from 10000m above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Frohes Neues, ihr Spacken. Möge 2019 erträglicher werden.

Honj Steak posted:

Why can’t any European airline offer free WiFi onboard? It’s amazing to shitpost while looking at red sand from 10000m above.

What are you doing above Mars Alice Springs? :v: