Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Being unlikeable to trigger the libs.

e: weak, terrible page snipe, here's a random story sorting by new

Wife(F31) and I(M30) get into small arguments when it comes down to asking her to do her share of chores like putting away her clothes, picking up her clothes she throws in down in loving area, etc..

So to put it into content, my wife is currently half way through her 2nd pregnancy. I am the one who tends to take the initiative and clean our home, do laundry and dishes, etc...but whenever I do the laundry and fold our clothes, she never puts away her stuff, it takes about week or two or until I get fed up and tell her to do that and in which I shouldn't have to as well. Or when it comes to sweeping/vacuuming the floors or dishes I have to ask her to please do some of those chores. And she always ends up upset or states that it makes her feel like she doesn't do anything around the house. Now this also happend before being pregnant as well and with our current child, she always brings up the fact that we should be spending most of our time with our child. I understand that but it shouldn't also mean that we should just let our home turn into trash. Am I overreacting?

TLDR: My wife and I argue sometimes when I have to ask her to do her share of chores or put away clothes she throws in the area for weeks. She gets upset about that and it makes her feel like she doesn't do anything around the house when I ask her to do some chores.

---

I mean I guess it's frustrating to have stuff everywhere, but that doesn't sound dirty or gross to the point where he can't take a little extra initiative considering her pregnancy.

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I said something to my girlfriend that made her think im not interested in her at all, i have tried everything to fix it

quote:

Im 19, my gf is 20, we (were?) are together for 1.5 month

Yesterday... No, actually today at 1am we were like chatting over internet, voice chatting, she is at her hometown now and she started going on about some topic that was absolutely boring to me - some topic about a videogame that i always hated, never played and stuff... She got upset and said that im not interested in her at all and that every little story or detail about her is very essential and important. The reason was i said something like "can you not talk about it? Im not interested in that at all". And she got silent and was like "you know what, im going to sleep, goodnight.". I instantly knew what i have done, she is very emotional but i love her with my whole heart, she is the reason i get up in the mornings, before we got together i was very depressed and stuff and she made me feel a lot better.

She has a very sad history, she doesnt have parents now and that's why she has trust issues and is very emotional.

So, back to the main story - i wrote to her instantly after she hung up asking why is she upset (i was sleepy as hell, i didnt realise yet why), and she told me that if im not interested in her we shouldnt be together and stuff. Of course i tried apologising, explaining her that i was tired and i just threw words out of my mouth without thinking but she kept saying that its over and stuff.

I couldnt sleep through the night so i wrote long text to her apologising, explaining my point of view, saying that we shouldnt fight over the internet, "lets talk when u come back" and stuff like that. I also told her that i have no regrets in my life and that this one will be the first ever so... I dont know, she keeps saying she wont forgive me and nothing can change it, for real, i dont know anymore what can i do. I really love her, i do...

TLDR: Told girlfriend i dont want to listen about her boring story, she now thinks im not interested in her at all, got angry, said our relationship is over, apologising and trying to talk it out doesnt help

quote:

She just wrote "For me this is the end. Unfortunately breaking up through message isn't a proper way to do it so I can't do it yet right now.". Thank you all folks, im gonna go cry now, bye.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[46 F] overpowered partner [47 M] in play-fight and revealed a lot issues.

Meanwhile this would give me a raging erection.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Those pregger hormones get more wild with each pregnancy and also the age of the woman during pregnancy can further influence the potential for a very, very emotionally sensitive term. Just wait for the baby to be born and the post-partum rears its ugly head. Buckle in, man. It doesn't matter if you're simply asking her to do chores or hey you can be doing nothing at all and upsetting her will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bitch needs to pick up her goddamn socks and poo poo, though. I agree with you. Unfortunately, I think this is a time where you may have to begrudgingly do the chores and be an emotional foundation to help that lady you happened to marry.

Edit: Could have sworn I hit quote to the first post on this page but, ah well. That's what my post is ranting about, if any clarification is needed.

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 31, 2018

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Papa Emeritus III posted:

Those pregger hormones get more wild with each pregnancy and also the age of the woman during pregnancy can further influence the potential for a very, very emotionally sensitive term. Just wait for the baby to be born and the post-partum rears its ugly head. Buckle in, man. It doesn't matter if you're simply asking her to do chores or hey you can be doing nothing at all and upsetting her will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bitch needs to pick up her goddamn socks and poo poo, though. I agree with you. Unfortunately, I think this is a time where you may have to begrudgingly do the chores and be an emotional foundation to help that lady you happened to marry.

Edit: Could have sworn I hit quote to the first post on this page but, ah well. That's what my post is ranting about, if any clarification is needed.

all of this is extremely true, I became progressively more of a rage monster with each pregnancy (#3 lost me some friends) and postpartum depression got worse with each as well. Pregnant women are exhausted, emotional, hormonal, angry, nervous, terrified, impossibly hateful people and if he hasn't learned that by now and wants everything to be exactly the way it was when she wasn't pregnant (with another small child as well) then hooooo buddy, have I got some news

pick up the laundry, bro. it's the least you can do since you're not the one carrying a child in your body.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

I said something to my girlfriend that made her think im not interested in her at all, i have tried everything to fix it

He needs to call her bluff and take that loss.

No one knows how to take rejection anymore.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

life is a joke posted:

Being unlikeable to trigger the libs.

e: weak, terrible page snipe, here's a random story sorting by new

Wife(F31) and I(M30) get into small arguments when it comes down to asking her to do her share of chores like putting away her clothes, picking up her clothes she throws in down in loving area, etc..

drat it's almost like a pregnant woman with a small child doesn't have 'put clothes away' as a top priority I wonder why?

I wonder how much child care this dude does.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I'm curious why you guys ITT don't post links to these stories. Is it just to dissuade ppl from heading over to Reddit to comment?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

That's essentially it.

Also :effort:, I assume.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Also stories that get linked from offsite can get deleted by bots, so there's that too.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Ah, okay, thanks

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How was I Supposed to Feel?

quote:

My wife (40/f) just admitted to having had an "emotional affair". Being on the spectrum, I (40/m) don't really understand emotions, unless they're very obvious. I don't see any reason to "punish" her, either by withdrawing affection or kicking her out of the bedroom or any of the other things I've read that will happen during fights.

I don't feel betrayed. I'm not hurt. I don't feel she broke our marriage vows. I'm not sure if this is right, but I can't feel things on command.

Wife says I'm taking her unfaithfulness in a "very mature manner". I don't think it's maturity, it's more a lack of seeing why her sending flirty texts to another bloke -- who I've never met -- is that big of a deal. She says it never went further than her sending flirty texts and showed me her phone. I do believe her.

We've been married for a little over 3 years and had our first child, a daughter, almost 2 years ago.

tl;dr Wife admitted to having an emotional affair. I don't see why this is a big deal.

:mitt:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
We call it Poop Protection.

.....okay, we dont and I made it up just now. But some goons were reaching for turds and this helps deter that. Sorta.

TheKennedys posted:

all of this is extremely true, I became progressively more of a rage monster with each pregnancy (#3 lost me some friends) and postpartum depression got worse with each as well. Pregnant women are exhausted, emotional, hormonal, angry, nervous, terrified, impossibly hateful people and if he hasn't learned that by now and wants everything to be exactly the way it was when she wasn't pregnant (with another small child as well) then hooooo buddy, have I got some news

pick up the laundry, bro. it's the least you can do since you're not the one carrying a child in your body.

I've never been pregnant and I never plan to be but I salute those who endure the physical agony and psychological meltdown that happens to be the blessing of life. You have more nerve than I.

Also, with your post in mind here about how out of touch this man is, I'm getting the impression he wasn't around for the first pregnancy. It's the only thing I can think of because whenever I say "come on, no one is that dumb", I end up eating my words.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

How was I Supposed to Feel?

:mitt:

Marriage dead, so what

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Motherfucker posted:

Meanwhile this would give me a raging erection.

Your mom hold you down a lot?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Husband and I are having our longest fight ever and I don't know what to do

quote:

tl;dr My husband and I got into an argument and he left for almost 2 days.

Husband is 36m, I'm 29 f. We've been together for over a decade. We have a 7 month old daughter.

In the past, we have normally resolved arguments by taking a few hours to cool off and discussing. However, this situation is different and I don't know what to do.

We flew back from his parent's house the day before yesterday. While we were picking up the bags, I leaned over and whispered to him that it's sexy to watch him lift the bags off the conveyor belt. Our daughter was asleep in the stroller when this happened, and I whispered quietly so she wouldn't have heard me even if she were awake. He snapped at me really loudly and said "do NOT say those things in front of MY child." It was loud enough that people were staring and I was really embarrassed.

Then we got home and I put the baby to bed and then he tried to initiate sex with me. I told him I wasn't in the mood after what happened at the airport, and he lost it and said I shouldn't put sex in his head by calling him sexy and then not have sex with him. I told him I would've be up for sex had he not snapped at me! He turned and left our house and I haven't seen him in almost two days. I tried calling him and just got a text back that said he wants space to cool off so he "doesn't do something he'll regret." I told him to come home NOW as I've been alone with the baby for 2 days and it's New Years but he won't.

Should I give him space or give him an ultimatum?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Your mom hold you down a lot?

Only developmentally.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

christmas boots posted:

Jesus christ what an rear end in a top hat.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

christmas boots posted:

I smell a few missing pieces! Omitted: She really is an absolute nag and he responds by being a childish rear end in a top hat. They're perfect for each other.

Edit: or, nah, hes an rear end having an affair

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 1, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

SirSamVimes posted:

Jesus christ what an rear end in a top hat.

do NOT say those things in front of MY child

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

so i found the reddit post that the thread title is from and DAYUM

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

christmas boots posted:

do NOT say those things in front of MY child

Jokes on you, it's not your child.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

so i found the reddit post that the thread title is from and DAYUM

it should really be linked in the OP by now

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (M36) found out about my wife’s (F35) one nighter.

quote:

Guys, me and my wife had been separated for almost three months. During this time I had a thing with another girl which is not the point I’m asking here. Anyways, we reconciled for Christmas, spent Christmas together and since then we have been together. The thing is she has been too protective about her phone, always leaves it upside down, disables WiFi when not using it. The other night when she was sleeping I enabled WiFi and she got a lot of notifications from some dude. I confronted her and after having lied about not having anything with anyone in these three months she admitted having sex with him at this dude’s apartment pior to the week we reconciled. In your opinion, what should I do here?

TL:DR found out about wife having sex with some random dude she swore on the kids she hadn’t had anything with anyone.

Stay separated.

E:

quote:

In early October me and my wife separated and since then we’ve had one fight after the other. We did try to reconcile in the middle of November but I was involved with other woman who at the time made me think I could be happier with her so I decided to stay with her. In the meantime I stayed over my parents’. At the beginning they were treating me very well, specially my mom but last week I had an argument with my father over a small thing and he ended up kicking me out of his house. My ex-wife took me in out of pity and we seem to be reconciling again but in these past few days I found out she’s having an affair with some dude, she slept with him a week ago and they can’t stop talking to one another over social media.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 1, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I smell a few missing pieces! Omitted: She really is an absolute nag and he responds by being a childish rear end in a top hat. They're perfect for each other.

He's 36, she's 29, they've been together "more than a decade" which suggests they got together at 26/19 at the latest, and he's really self-righteous about their daughter being "HIS child"

Armchair diagnosis: controlling rear end in a top hat!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (M36) found out about my wife’s (F35) one nighter.

Stay separated.

E:

This reads funnier if you imagine he is married to a fighter jet.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

My older brother (25M) is now my (16M) legal guardian and I don't know how to interact with him because he doesn't show emotions.
non romantic

quote:

So I have an older brother (OB for short) and an older sister (22F, OS for short) who are actually my half-siblings. Their mom died when OS was 2 (OB was 5) in a car accident. We share the same dad. My mom is in jail and has been for most of my life (she has no contact with me). Two months ago, our dad committed suicide and OB took me in as my legal guardian. I've never really interacted with OB a lot, he's always been closed off and quiet and doesn't really talk a whole lot. When we were younger we didn't like the same things and I was always loud and annoyed him, so he always seemed to avoid me. He was in the car when the accident happened that killed his mom and Dad for the longest time always just told me to give him his space, so I never made much of an effort to connect with him as a kid since OS was always more willing to play and enjoyed sports as I did.

So that's part of the problem, I've never really tried to hold a long conversation with OB. He's been diagnosed with high functioning autism, but then they changed the diagnosis to PTSD, and now I think they changed it a few more times, but Dad never really talked about it around me. I know he has depression and anxiety, and mild OCD since OS has mentioned it in passing a couple of times while talking on the phone with him while I was in the room. OS and OB get along pretty well, but she's in the dorms and can't have me move in with her right now.

Anyways, so here's the problem, I have no idea how to approach OB or even talk to him. I go to high school, but this entire winter break it has been so awkward I don't know what to do or how to feel about it. OB works full time and so he's gone most of the day, but when he comes home he makes dinner and then immediately disappears into his room and leaves me alone with barely a word said. Sometimes, during the school year, he'll ask about classes, friends, school, but it's always very formal and then he disappears again. He immediately pushed me into therapy after dad died but I don't think it's helping, I've tried mentioning it my therapist but she just tells me to keep trying to make small talk with him. I've tried mentioning dad a couple times to him since the funeral and I came to live here but all he does is huff or nod and never says anything except, "have you talked to your therapist about it?" Followed by "what does she says" or "then talk to her." When I tell her what she says he just nods in agreement and moves the conversation to "what do you want for dinner?" Sometimes I think he hates me because there will be days in a row that he won't say anything to me unless I start the conversation, other days, he'll willingly talk for a couple minutes with me and sometimes I can even get him to smile slightly, but never for very long. I honestly think he just took me in because it's what's expected of him and he's just waiting for me to graduate in two years so he can kick me out.

The other day, I was watching the news and he came home from work. I mentioned a football game (American football) and how good a certain team was doing, something along the lines of "The ____ are doing great this year." And he just hummed and went "I'm sure..." and left the room. For Christmas, he got me a couple gifts which I was kinda surprised by and were actually things I was interested in (I'm not sure if OS told him what to get me or if he pays more attention than I think). I said thank you so much and went to hug him (I'm a pretty touchy-feely person in general) and he sidestepped me and gave me a handshake instead. So mainly the problem is, I can't seem to figure out how to interact with him or even start a conversation with him. I know he isn't seeing a therapist or anything, so I worry about him. He's always seemed so emotionless and walled off...our dad acted the same way as he got closer and closer to killing himself and I'm just so worried. I don't know him very well but I can't lose him too, I just need advice on how to get him to open up to me. How do I start a conversation with someone who wants nothing to do with me?

---

TL;dr: my dad committed suicide two months ago and my older brother is now my legal guardian. I've had roughly 10 long conversations with him in my entire life and he barely talks to me for more than 10 minutes even though we have lived together for 2 months now. He's closed off and emotionless most of the time and I'm worried about him. With both of his parents gone I'm worried he's going to go the same way as our dad and I can't take it. I want to get him to talk to me, to open up, or at least be willing to have a conversation with me, how do I start a conversation with someone who wants nothing to do with me?

This ones big and sad, like me.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Guy with strong horsewife could just like, life weights for a few months. He would likely eclipse her strength drastically in a fairly short period of time if he really cared about how strong he was.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

jobson groeth posted:

This reads funnier if you imagine he is married to a fighter jet.

This could apply to every story posted here though.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Antivehicular posted:

He's 36, she's 29, they've been together "more than a decade" which suggests they got together at 26/19 at the latest, and he's really self-righteous about their daughter being "HIS child"

Armchair diagnosis: controlling rear end in a top hat!

drat. I rarely get it right on the first try. They really had the same 'tit-for-tat" one-upmanship behavior that some young married couples harbor all the way into their twilight years.

This is the most :chloe: moment in my life.

I'm starting to wonder why people hang onto that childish trait and typically only unleash it on the spouse. My next guess is something like "God... I could have totally been a rock star, getting loads of poon and money as I tour the world. But, noooo. Had to knock up goddamn Shelly. I wish I never did that--- oh god. No. Wait. I didn't mean that, I cherish my little girl." in his head and then "That's MY child." aloud and out of context as he morphs that guilt into bitter, by-pass inducing rage.

Some couples just don't need to keep poisoning themselves with each others presence, just split.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Guy with strong horsewife could just like, life weights for a few months. He would likely eclipse her strength drastically in a fairly short period of time if he really cared about how strong he was.

Sure. And the guy who makes a quarter million a year in equity could just save money for a year and then quit his job and live off savings until his kid is like 4 or 5 and he and his wife can go back to work together then.

But these problems are not about practical solutions. The real problem is misogyny. They just don't respect their SOs.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

christmas boots posted:

You change the locks on the doors is what you do.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

drat. I rarely get it right on the first try. They really had the same 'tit-for-tat" one-upmanship behavior that some young married couples harbor all the way into their twilight years.

Some couples just don't need to keep poisoning themselves with each others presence, just split.
This is a really weird take. She wasn't nagging at all, and she wasn't doing any kind of tit-for-tat or oneupmanship. This didn't kick off when she asked him to wash dishes or something, it started when she told her husband he was sexy. Their relationship is garbage for sure, but it appears to be flowing in one direction; she wasn't poisoning him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Anne Whateley posted:

This is a really weird take. She wasn't nagging at all, and she wasn't doing any kind of tit-for-tat or oneupmanship. This didn't kick off when she asked him to wash dishes or something, it started when she told her husband he was sexy. Their relationship is garbage for sure, but it appears to be flowing in one direction; she wasn't poisoning him.

Yeah but she said it in front of sleeping baby so who’s the real monster?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hellblazer187 posted:

He's too much of a wuss to work out and he's being such a passive aggressive bitch right now that if actually did he would become *whipcrack* you have come to a land called Gor.

The optimal solution here is for her to ask for help opening a pickle jar or something and then swoon over how great he is. She would have to loosen it up for him though.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

strong horsewife

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

christmas boots posted:

Add this one to the "You're better off without him" pile.

Running away for two loving days because he couldn't get his leg over. I cannot even put into words how pathetic that is.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Better than a strong-smelling fishwife

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
the male ego is so loving exhausting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jimbozig posted:

Sure. And the guy who makes a quarter million a year in equity could just save money for a year and then quit his job and live off savings until his kid is like 4 or 5 and he and his wife can go back to work together then.

But these problems are not about practical solutions. The real problem is misogyny. They just don't respect their SOs.

Yeah, exactly. He doesn't care about how strong he is. How strong he is has nothing to do with how strong she is. If you're a man who cares about how strong you are, you're lifting weights or some similar activity. If you're a misogynist dork, you wait until you get pinned and then whine about it.