Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

There's so much to unpack there. Why is one section whited out? What do the words in the parenthesis mean, and why are they crossed out? Why would anyone believe that a test would include making your own meme?

i've had enough tests in highschool where the teachers put silly things like making a poem about chemistry for some extra points to believe this is a thing that could happen.

Roobanguy has a new favorite as of 10:10 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I am a teacher. We do stuff like that for lots of pedagogical reasons, but the main ones are 1) it gets students to think in a new way about what they are learning, which can lead to new insights as well as helping a student remember a concept and 2) because we want learning to be fun :)

This is probably fake tho.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

failing forward posted:

I am a teacher. We do stuff like that for lots of pedagogical reasons, but the main ones are 1) it gets students to think in a new way about what they are learning, which can lead to new insights as well as helping a student remember a concept and 2) because we want learning to be fun :)

This is probably fake tho.

This^

Except having it be anything other than extra credit is a bit of a dick move.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Assuming 12 is a low score, I believe that he got that for the test.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Turning his phone off would have been 10 times easier and more effective, even if this was real he's clearly be a moron for doing needlessly complicated poo poo instead of an easy solution.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Jan 1, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
That was a Fresh Prince bit, except it was about a pager. That's how old the joke this guy tried to pass off as a real story is.

Also come to think of it, the entire joke behind the bit was what a terrible idea it was

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

JebanyPedal posted:

even if this was real he's clearly be a moron for doing needlessly complicated poo poo instead of an easy solution.

The Elon Musk of stdh.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, and at standardized tests they specifically ask for phones to be turned off.

Anyway, just good old Dunning-Kruger in action.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Whenever I see this I'm always like "why is it weird for your phone to go off in Canberra???" until I remember which particular stupid stdh it is.

Also in our equivalents you have to leave your phone in a big pile at the front of the classroom along with your bag. Having your phone off but on your person is very much a failable offence.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Skwirl posted:

Assuming 12 is a low score, I believe that he got that for the test.

A "perfect" score on the ACT is 36 if I remember correctly (which I may not). A girl a grade younger than me got a 35 back in the early 90s and it was a big deal.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aleph Null posted:

A "perfect" score on the ACT is 36 if I remember correctly (which I may not). A girl a grade younger than me got a 35 back in the early 90s and it was a big deal.

I don't know if it was true or not but there was a story that the head of the School Board in my district got a perfect score and they made him retake the test

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
No paint or food in sight, guaranteed he shouted at them to come out and salute the tv so daddy can go viral.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Even if it was real, I was a True Patriot as a dumbass child

True Patriot kids become angry teens with gay muslim punk friends.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I hope they fire the OP.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just say the drat ham tastes great, but have you tried the more expensive kind? It's amazing. Then offer the slice to them and make money. I would complain too if the deli person started talking about their religion to me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Good thing the OP was paying attention! It takes at least an hour for the tainted pig soul to drop off an unwashed meat slicer

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

NtotheTC posted:

Good thing the OP was paying attention! It takes at least an hour for the tainted pig soul to drop off an unwashed meat slicer

If you keep strict kosher then you actually would ask for a slicer that hadn’t touched ham

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You'd also prolly go to a kosher deli. Or halal deli if Muslim.

(ie delis that don't serve ham)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
frustrated stdh writer:
argh, what is this customer going to call those red conical hats with white poms? Satan hats? ... gently caress it, "cute hats"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I mean, it's STDH but people have been utter jackasses to me about pork and wine. The thing is, you don't go into a calm discussion of religion, you just learn to deflect and not even let it come up in the first place. Like the comment above, you just say something like "Oh our customers love that ham" or "Actually people really rave other this other more expensive one."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kimbo305 posted:

frustrated stdh writer:
argh, what is this customer going to call those red conical hats with white poms? Satan hats? ... gently caress it, "cute hats"

I feel like if it we're a Santa hat they would have described it as a Santa hat and not a hat with antlers that said "Rock Christmas" there's a lot of stdh going on but that probably isn't one of them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As a Christian I have strong feelings about traditional yuletide fezes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I’m actually dying over here. This is so staggeringly lame I have to believe it’s real because the alternative - that someone made this up thinking it would make them look cool - makes me want to blow my brains out.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I used to say "I'm celiac so idk if [$4 biscuit full of wheat] is good" but now I just say "yeah it's nice but what's even better is [$8 cake full of wheat], especially with ice cream (also contains wheat in the glucose syrup for some reason, but importantly is like $1.50 extra)".

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Ice cream with wheat in it is the loving devil. Don’t put wheat in things that don’t ordinarily have wheat in them. This goes for you, too, chicken broth :argh:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/soalexgoes/status/1079589482603708416

I can't make heads or tails out of what the point of this tweet is.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The grnadmother has been death for twenty years!! :spooky:

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Calling out her grandma for being full of herself.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

Her probably fake grandma thought she was hot as a young woman and as a millennial the tweet writer is constantly drowning in an abyss of self-loathing. Just a normal tweet asking for confidence?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Abuelita is a narcissist.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

tongiht i want to show ou all the greatest post of all time. solemnly read on, this is..*shakily typing* this is the post...this one itself

pls take this energy into the new year

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I used to say "I'm celiac so idk if [$4 biscuit full of wheat] is good"

I read that at first as "I'm celtic" and I couldn't figure out why Irish people can't eat wheat.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Len posted:

I feel like if it we're a Santa hat they would have described it as a Santa hat and not a hat with antlers that said "Rock Christmas" there's a lot of stdh going on but that probably isn't one of them

Mmm, you're right -- I retract my protest like a journalist faking reports.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think it's meant to be a poorly-paced joke? Like the setup would be getting you to expect some affirmative "you are beautiful, precious granddaughter" but then veers into "it's me, I'm the most beautiful, get on your knees and worship me, peasant".

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://mobile.twitter.com/phubans/status/1080226927355592704

"My grandma's 3ds died ):"

"Wow I went viral buy my game so I can by her a switch"

"Okay you twisted my arm I made a GoFundMe so I can buy her a switch"

Uh huh. Suuuuuure

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

r/IDontWorkHereLady is an absolute goldmine of stdh. This prick, for example:

an absolute liar posted:

Oh so I had a fun one the day after Christmas. Got lots of gift cards so I went to a store that has an “eye” for a logo because I wanted to try to get a pair of AirPods. (Probably my fault for daring the after Christmas crowd) I keep my badge for work on a lanyard that I use a keychain/loop to attach to my pants since I have a real habit of misplacing it.

Anyway I was looking for something sweet after not getting my AirPods since they were sold out and this crabby old bitch came waddling down the cookie aisle. I at the time had my actually head phones in listening to ‘Being Scared’ (awesome YouTube channel for fans of horror). She’ll be COB for obvious reasons.

COB: snaps fingers hey you!

Me: internal screaming while pausing at a good part of the story yes ma’am?

COB: where is the pop?

oh this is an obvious snowbird FYI I live in Arizona and when these types come down here for winter it’s like a haven for IDWHL scenarios.

Me: I think it’s two aisles over but I’m not sure as I don’t work here, have a nice day though.

As I unpause and start to walk away I feel my headphones get ripped from my ear which caused my phone to fall out of my hoodie pocket with them. I stared at them for a few seconds deciding how to react

COB: serves you right you little brat. You young people never respect your elders how dare you turn your back to me!

Me: first of all I’m 35, second of all for the second time now, I don’t work here so I’m not someone who is required to put up with any of your poo poo and even if I did work here that’s no way to treat people. If this is the kind of person you are I can only imagine what your kids are like. It’s parents like you that raise entitled little assholes that’s the real trouble with today’s youth. Don’t touch me again.

she looked like a fish trying to inhale as much water as she could with how her mouth was hung agape as I turned to walk away I feel a strong tug on my lanyard that is literally hanging down by my penis.

Me: can you not touch that you’re really close to my penis!

this gets the attention of a nearby manager

Manager: what’s going on over here?

COB: this employee of yours wouldn’t help me and swore at me!

Me: I’m sorry miss manager, but there’s probably someone with a very large butterfly net looking for this woman who has just physically assaulted me twice and she also tried to sexually assault me once.

COB: see! he’s such a smart rear end and I would do no such thing!

Me: uh ma’am you still haven’t released your hold of my lanyard that again for the second time is right next to my special place and there’s cameras all over this section that just recorded you ripping my headphones out causing my phone to fall to the floor.

manager looks at her, looks at me and looks at my lanyard that she still hasn’t released yet

Manager: uh ma’am he doesn’t work here, he’s wearing another company’s name on his lanyard and a t shirt that says ‘Bullet Club’ on it. How could you possibly think he works here? I can also clearly see your holding him by a lanyard that is hanging down by his privates, can you let him go or do I call security? He’d also be well within his rights to physically defend himself at this point.

COB: well I have never!

Me: I’m sure that’s not true....can you let go now please?

she finally lets go and is trespassed from the store.

The manager apologized, I told her not to worry as it wasn’t even close to her fault. I have still yet to find my AirPods, maybe after New Years...

Edit: thanks for the Gold kind stranger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Just once I want an stdh where the person reads over it and asks “does any of this dialogue sound like something a person might actually say out loud?”