Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

jhintleman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

This is Jhintertainment.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

kingcobweb posted:

Juzám Jhin

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

cool observation i just had: adc mains are all Like That, if you have seen the behaviour of adc mains you know exactly what i mean, but there are different types of top mains, support mains, etc.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

mistaya posted:

Toplane has a lot of problems but like, you aren't telling me why you think Poppy is one

eh, yeah i did

pog boyfriend posted:

i never found league more entertaining than those low elo games and if i liked pubstomping i would gladly do it again, but alas for my conscience.

thank you for being a good person

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 31, 2018

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

cool observation i just had: adc mains are all Like That, if you have seen the behaviour of adc mains you know exactly what i mean, but there are different types of top mains, support mains, etc.

This.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
*ahem*

mentlejhin?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I Dream of Jhinie

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Like a VirJhin

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
Jhinandbearit
hiJhinx

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Jhinuwine

Jhinx if you wanna pick up a second adc
e: ^^^ rip

Jhinjured

Should have stopped while I was ahead (before posting)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

foutre posted:

Jhinuwine

Throughout the match /all chat lyrics to Pony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Jhin of Four Wishes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
jhin and toxic

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Jhinness Book of World Records

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Firebert posted:

jhin and toxic

I jumped the gun a bit locking in juzam jhin but I know what to use all this useless non-jhin BE for now

e: oh its taken, sad

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

mistaya posted:

I contest that there's a problem at all. Poppy being able to get some CS under tower while an Urgot/Aatroxx is riding her rear end and being able to kill people dumb enough to dive her there is not something that needs a solution. It's why she's viable as a character at all. Her durability has been hit multiple times and her shield has counterplay. Her CC is a small aoe slow and a long cooldown charge that can be outpositioned so again, counterplay.

Toplane has a lot of problems but like, you aren't telling me why you think Poppy is one other than "I can't get sick kills on her with my Fiora if she turtles".

For Verviticus it's exactly the latter except replace Fiora with Jax.

He hates other playstyles.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you literally bitch about every champion and every item in the game if they happen to kill you or inconvenience you in any way

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sion is the only tank i've seen all preseason, feel like this might be a champion thing and not a class thing

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i hate poppy because she is the thing i dont like about league tanks. this is really simple. i didnt say she was too strong or played too much, i dont like the approach they took to making the character

unrelated to poppy specifically, tanks being relatively bad in league is good, and fun to me

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
poppy is old nunu with short range snowballs that do aoe % of hp damage. shes a melee champions worst loving nightmare

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Verviticus posted:

you literally bitch about every champion and every item in the game if they happen to kill you or inconvenience you in any way

I have stopped complaining about every champion and now am dedicated only to complaining about Gangplank, because oh my god does that character annoy the gently caress out of me when he is strong

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Oh, yeah jax players/mains probably want her deleted from the game because her W destroys him. He's probably her most favored lane matchup. This makes sense now.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
How do you counter Yas mid? His wall blocks every spell a mage can throw at him and he just can dash out of ganks. What the heck is with this champ?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

How do you counter Yas mid? His wall blocks every spell a mage can throw at him and he just can dash out of ganks. What the heck is with this champ?

you want to attack from angles other than the wall. yasuo is amazing to play against once you learn how he works. the wind wall has an insanely long cooldown, so try to bait it out. his shield works like this: when he regains his shield, if you hit him, he gets a shield. when his shield is recharging, however, hitting him does not spawn the shield. this means you want to hit him and then immediately retreat, to waste his shield, and then go back in once the shield has depleted to get some more damage off.

next, his q works thus: stab, stab, tornado. there is a timing and rhythm to it, watch some yasuo videos to internalize the rhythm if you must, but it is very simple. if his q is not used after a while, he loses the combo and has to start again. so, you can tell when he is going to go for a tornado. try to read his movements and avoid the tornado. finally, his dash only works on one minion, and is in a straight line from him to the minion. meaning you can predict exactly where it will go(fixed distance, fixed angle) and also jumping off a minion prevents him from using that minion to jump again.

once you have all of these pieces of the puzzle, laning against yasuo becomes very engaging. you play against yasuo by baiting him out. all of his abilities(sans ult) if they fail to connect drastically reduce his survivability. with all of his e charges used up he has no escape. with his q not loading a tornado he has no cc. with his wind wall down he has no protection. with no shield, he is a squishy melee character who is easily harassed by auto attacks.

to demonstrate this, here is a video of a popular league of legends player on the best champion in the game playing versus yasuo. try to see how he uses all of these things i mentioned in his laning in order to keep yasuo from walking all over him, and then winning the lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1h6_xOJq2U

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

You're telling me Anime Dave plays LoL

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I just got back to it after finding out RUNES are no longer weird hexagons that cost in game points.

Translation - I suck but I'm having fun.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

in it, voted 5

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

I just got back to it after finding out RUNES are no longer weird hexagons that cost in game points.

Translation - I suck but I'm having fun.

Hey same. Join the discord and hit me up some time. We can be poo poo together and complain about Dutton

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tryndamere Talk: the accepted orthodoxy is that you do not level ult past the first. When it is leveled it, the cd goes 110/100/90. Last rank gives you 100% fury which is nice for the q heal after the disengage. What this does practically is that at level 11 you upgrade level 3 spin to level 4 spin. 30 damage and a 1 sec cd reduction.

At level 16 tho, it means you go from level 4 w shout to level 5 w shout. That means you get an ad reduction from 65 to 80. The slow goes from 52% to 60%. Level 17 and 18 goes to ult by default.

This is my personal schizm.

When Im doing a build that involves capping my cdr early (15 to 20 min early), this is mainly AP Tryn (Nashers, cdr boots, transcendence) or an on hit tryn varient. I skip ult on level 11 in favor for e, like normal. At level 13 I prioritize ult over my w shout. W's cd doesnt scale, R does. This means at my 40% or 45% cdr spike I have my ult on a 55 or 60 sec cd. I find that utility of that far more useful than slowing with my w.

I have made my confession. What is your one trick confession?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

this is mainly AP Tryn (Nashers, cdr boots, transcendence) or an on hit tryn varient.
you had me until here and now consider yourself reported

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

pog boyfriend posted:

you had me until here and now consider yourself reported

The practitioners of Tryndamere run deep and international. The cannon has been recorded. A Tryndamere can be played different ways. The AP path shifts Tryn's bullshit damage onto his E spin. This style allows extreme mobility and turns your spin into your waveclear, it fits perfect in that you oneshot the backline minions and the front line minions are all 1 crit or 2 autos away from dying. Your e cd is scaled by the crits you get from the 50 fury that spin provided on a minion wave. It is a different way to waveclear from the current standard tiamat or the old standard static shiv.

Going Nashors first gives you 20% cdr. The on hit gives you the auto attack scaling you need, but leaning into that means you are heading for more an on hit build, which fucks with Transcendence 10% cdr. 80 AP is like a substantial bullshit boost to the burst you get on your e spin and your heal becomes something that lets you erase heavy trades. It activates the AP items into damage as well. Sometimes you want zhonyas for some bullshit extra 3 seconds of not dying after your 5 seconds of not dying after you just not died 50 seconds ago. Sometimes you want a protobelt so you can have a second spin, but that overcaps you on cdr, which translates to more AP, it is very silly. Sometimes you wanna deathcap so you can heal your whole health bar and /l after eating a trade and oneshot a squishy. Never buy a voidstaff, all of trynd's damage is physical. Read the lolwiki scrub.

Anyways Tryndamere is a character of contrasts.

Edit: The current consensus of best practices on trynd is tiamat into pd into IE. On that path, you don't get the cdr until way later if at all. His w worth more than his ult because the shout is the only catch tool you get and the 65 ad reduction is a significant reason why you win duels. Like the pd mobility is better in a split push capacity and a 1v1 lane. You just walk at your opponent through a minionwave and you spin after their disengage, the pattern for AD tryndamere is solid. That is the reason for the othrodoxy of tryndamere.

I quote Jaysea, FoggedFtW, solorenekton only, top only renekton, glacierr, that one akali, and mobaguides and Quality Player in mla format. Come at my thesis!

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 2, 2019

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Alternatively, play Poppy into that garbage champion and actually win games

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

The practitioners of Tryndamere run deep and international. The cannon has been recorded. A Tryndamere can be played different ways. The AP path shifts Tryn's bullshit damage onto his E spin. This style allows extreme mobility and turns your spin into your waveclear, it fits perfect in that you oneshot the backline minions and the front line minions are all 1 crit or 2 autos away from dying. Your e cd is scaled by the crits you get from the 50 fury that spin provided on a minion wave. It is a different way to waveclear from the current standard tiamat or the old standard static shiv.

Going Nashors first gives you 20% cdr. The on hit gives you the auto attack scaling you need, but leaning into that means you are heading for more an on hit build, which fucks with Transcendence 10% cdr. 80 AP is like a substantial bullshit boost to the burst you get on your e spin and your heal becomes something that lets you erase heavy trades. It activates the AP items into damage as well. Sometimes you want zhonyas for some bullshit extra 3 seconds of not dying after your 5 seconds of not dying after you just not died 50 seconds ago. Sometimes you want a protobelt so you can have a second spin, but that overcaps you on cdr, which translates to more AP, it is very silly. Sometimes you wanna deathcap so you can heal your whole health bar and /l after eating a trade and oneshot a squishy. Never buy a voidstaff, all of trynd's damage is physical. Read the lolwiki scrub.

Anyways Tryndamere is a character of contrasts.

Edit: The current consensus of best practices on trynd is tiamat into pd into IE. On that path, you don't get the cdr until way later if at all. His w worth more than his ult because the shout is the only catch tool you get and the 65 ad reduction is a significant reason why you win duels. Like the pd mobility is better in a split push capacity and a 1v1 lane. You just walk at your opponent through a minionwave and you spin after their disengage, the pattern for AD tryndamere is solid. That is the reason for the othrodoxy of tryndamere.

I quote Jaysea, FoggedFtW, solorenekton only, top only renekton, glacierr, that one akali, and mobaguides and Quality Player in mla format. Come at my thesis!

my thesis is playing ap tryndamere is a sin on the highest level and your words here come across as someone who has been misguided by satan on a path that leads directly to the deepest circles of hell. i quote me on this.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its better than playing teemo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ap Janna Mid.

Tornado nukes

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Elentor posted:

Like Verv said, if you have a semblance of a win streak while leveling up the game skyrockets your MMR to the skies above.

I imagine you guys unluckily won against an unfair matchup while the game was trying to course-correct and instead of dialing back it steered even further.

We keep winning and now we're being matched against high plats and diamonds now. The problem is that we get silvers on our team :negative:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

We keep winning and now we're being matched against high plats and diamonds now. The problem is that we get silvers on our team :negative:

listen, i have been through the same thing you have been through. i have had to carry a team of all silvers vs a team of assorted plats/diamonds, for like 100 games. all i can tell you is it never gets better and you are just going to have to learn how to carry really hard

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

listen, i have been through the same thing you have been through. i have had to carry a team of all silvers vs a team of assorted plats/diamonds, for like 100 games. all i can tell you is it never gets better and you are just going to have to learn how to carry really hard

I'll try I guess!! I just hit Lv30 so I feel like I'm being thrown in the deep end too early. I barely know how to play Karthus and Pantheon or CS efficiently yet :( I'd try playing ranked to get a more solid MMR indicator but I don't even have enough characters yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'll try I guess!! I just hit Lv30 so I feel like I'm being thrown in the deep end too early. I barely know how to play Karthus and Pantheon or CS efficiently yet :( I'd try playing ranked to get a more solid MMR indicator but I don't even have enough characters yet.

I feel like playing normal matches to get more experience will make your ranked ascent less frustrating unless you're vastly better than your opponents in the first place.