Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

probably, I tend to avoid the robot/cyborg stuff that hinges on them being exactly identical to humans because I consider that to be lazy in the extreme. I think the short story "Evidence" by Asimov is as good as that genre gets

so you swipe left on terminator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Nae! posted:

ive legit done six piece nuggets + one bottle of water as a lunch more often than i can count

sometimes if I want to save money I use the app and get like a $1 mcdouble and something else off the dollar menu and bring some water

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
MSNBC anchor Brian Williams — also a noted survivor of a helicopter attack during the Iraq war — thought he exposed the president for being a dog-hater in an August segment.

Williams claimed his team “launched an extensive web search” and only found one photo of President Donald Trump with a dog.

The Daily Caller revealed, with the help of a quick Google search, multiple photos of the president holding dogs.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winter posted:

MSNBC anchor Brian Williams — also a noted survivor of a helicopter attack during the Iraq war — thought he exposed the president for being a dog-hater in an August segment.

Williams claimed his team “launched an extensive web search” and only found one photo of President Donald Trump with a dog.

The Daily Caller revealed, with the help of a quick Google search, multiple photos of the president holding dogs.

lmao olds trying to use the internet should be an entire genre of comedy

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bearjew posted:

sometimes if I want to save money I use the app and get like a $1 mcdouble and something else off the dollar menu and bring some water

bringing your own water is some next level poo poo and i respect you for it

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

alnilam posted:

The only people i know who eat at mcdonald are fat yes

when I was real fat, I'd have 20 nuggets and a bigmac, but now a big mac is fine, the one time a year I have mcds

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TMMadman posted:

You know, I'm honestly surprised that Trump doesn't want Mitch to send him a CR that Trump could veto. I'd think that Trump would enjoy saying 'No, I can't sign this because it doesn't help Border Security!' or some other dumb thing.

While Dems would scream that Trump didn't sign the CR and kept the government closed, Trump could just blast out that he was doing this in the name of Border Security, so the needle wouldn't move either way.

How does that change the situation in any way for Trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

so you swipe left on terminator?

Terminator is Extremely Not Human tho

like LOOKING humanoid but it just being a facade over a masterfully engineered killing machine is one thing, I'm talking the BSG garbage like the cylons who are exactly identical to humans in all ways

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Teump hates dogs, pass it on

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

How does that change the situation in any way for Trump

It doesn't change the situation at all.

However, Trump would get to play 'strongman not accepting a bad deal' all in the name of border security. It would certainly play well with his base which is all Trump cares about.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Terminator is Extremely Not Human tho

like LOOKING humanoid but it just being a facade over a masterfully engineered killing machine is one thing,

yeah that's what I was going for in the request

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Lol i forget t they put a rapist on the scotus

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Doc Walrus posted:

:ducksiren:Reminder: C-SPAM IRON CHEF BEGINS JANUARY 2ND. The theme is BURGERNOMICS: Make a dish which costs less to make than a big mac in your area! The competition ends JANUARY 15TH. :justpost: your entries in the COOKING WITH C-SPAM thread. I will continue spamming this message periodically through tonight and tomorrow.

I have no idea what a big mac costs in my area so I will have to get out and do some research.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TMMadman posted:

However, Trump would get to play 'strongman not accepting a bad deal' all in the name of border security. It would certainly play well with his base which is all Trump cares about.

if this was his goal then he could just go play golf for the next 6 years because literally anything he does or does not do will poll well with his base

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cultural posadist posted:

is q a religious figure yet or are we still in the weird phase where the foundational myth is still being established

i'd no poo poo place them squarely at "folk hero"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Addamere posted:

yeah that's what I was going for in the request

oh

still don't know then, except for that short story. It's a coming and going theme through a lot of the earlier Asimov books but never to the kind of extent you're hoping for

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ITS COLD AS gently caress INSHIT SFUCK

AYGHI

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1079918400867127296

say goodbye to president deals

say hello to president wheels :smugdon:

*rushes into thread*

ART OF THE WHEEL

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Winter posted:

Thomas has been on the scotus for a long time.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

oh

still don't know then, except for that short story. It's a coming and going theme through a lot of the earlier Asimov books but never to the kind of extent you're hoping for

awh, i was hoping for some cool robot spy thriller. oh well

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Thomas has been on the scotus for a long time.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Winter posted:

i mean w/r/t to congress and appointed positions this is like saying there's a poo poo in the sewage trough

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TMMadman posted:

Trump never wants to be the guy who could get blamed. He's a coward.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zyla posted:

ITS COLD AS gently caress INSHIT SFUCK

AYGHI

i know! It was like -9 overnight here in Minneapolis

up above zero now but wtf

canada betrayed us

this is the only explanation

SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a can of coors lite w a single pubic hair atop

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its like 60°f today

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

trumo will break u on the wheel of piss

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pook Good Mook posted:

Trump never wants to be the guy who could get blamed. He's a coward.

But he's already getting blamed, so getting a CR and vetoing it doesn't move the needle at all except with possibly pundits and journalists and they don't actually count.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

my girlfriend just saw the sexy garfield avatar and won't let me post anymore, sorry guys

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Addamere posted:

i know! It was like -9 overnight here in Minneapolis

up above zero now but wtf

canada betrayed us

this is the only explanation

SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Lol it was loving 70 degrees yesterday here in TN. I hate this poo poo it's supposed to be cold

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TMMadman posted:

But he's already getting blamed, so getting a CR and vetoing it doesn't move the needle at all except with possibly pundits and journalists and they don't actually count.

if not for journos and pundits what would trump have

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Squizzle posted:

its like 60°f today

fuk u

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

its like 60°f today

i will not forget this

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1079918400867127296

say goodbye to president deals

say hello to president wheels :smugdon:

?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

if not for journos and pundits what would trump have

His family and friends?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/BrianPHickey/status/1080151960601411584?s=19

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TMMadman posted:

To me it's the same as his financial failures. Everyone knows it's his "fault," but he at least has plausible deniability.

A veto would be all him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/1080081244061282305?s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I'll always regret finding out that the mummers tradition has a super gross racist background and is currently almost entirely white chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
pmurt?