Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The traitor is

Kohei Horikoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o59UmOVvqYY

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Could've been, "Freezer Burn," they missed a golden opportunity.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

A Single Sphink posted:

Could've been, ":iceburn:," they missed a golden opportunity.
Fixed.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Todoroki will always be the McDLT.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1080179346806005760

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
HYPER BOAR

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

poo poo, well done.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Bakugou is about to throw Kirishima at Deku.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao Bakugo is using Kirishima as the mallet to make mochi (also lol at Ochako making the mochi float while she eats it)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like Deku's tactical gear he's wearing over his clothes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rhonne posted:

And Kirishima is just chillin'. He's still the only guy who can deal with Bakugo's bullshit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PMush Perfect posted:

And Kirishima is just chillin'. He's still the only guy who can deal with Bakugo's bullshit.

Wrong Kaminari routinely hangs with him too. Plus the rest of the class don't have issues with him. Like the most they do is tease him about his temper.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 2, 2019

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Baku is the kind of character that works specifically because nobody puts up with his bullshit. Deku reacts to him, but from the start the entire rest of the class's only reaction was 'haha what a bitch' with Froppy even casually roasting him right to his face.

Krishima IS clearly his boyfriend bestie boyfriend though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The thing that kinda ended up immediately softening Bakugou at the start of the series was how entirely unimpressed the entire class was with his poo poo.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Never mind

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/CocoNoSuga/status/1080428261799223298
Something something hammer time
https://twitter.com/singto_u/status/1080447762380906499

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 2, 2019

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

CrossFit is getting out of hand.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If they figure out Shinso can send Deku to the One For All Force Ghost Zone whenever he mind controls him, that might be a good narrative hook for why to call Shinso up to the big leagues and see more of him in the future (as well as a reason to spend the time doing all that). It might help Deku if he can visit his brain ghosts regularly, not to mention having a way to shut him down if these uncontrolled bursts are going to keep happening.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
Calling it now, Shinso mind control is going to become the hyperbolic time chamber of the series.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Funky Jack here is really based off Hellboy as people say, then I expect Deku to get some kind of giant fist based power up. Like, that black lightning forms around his hand and turns into some kind of energy fist or demon hand or something so he can punch people again without ruining his arm.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Shinso is such a cool guy.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rhonne posted:

If Funky Jack here is really based off Hellboy as people say, then I expect Deku to get some kind of giant fist based power up. Like, that black lightning forms around his hand and turns into some kind of energy fist or demon hand or something so he can punch people again without ruining his arm.

this would make sense, and would be an interesting twist on the singularity idea; "hey Deku, there's way too much input going on here now, you have to use one of the other quirks in here in order to keep us from going nuts and trying to take over"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm sure no one will question why the generic super strength kid is suddenly shooting energy blasts.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RatHat posted:

I'm sure no one will question why the generic super strength kid is suddenly shooting energy blasts.

It's a puberty thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RatHat posted:

You remember that he was entirely quirkless until, like, last year, right? And people basically don't question it anymore and almost haven't at all from the beginning?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SpacePig posted:

You remember that he was entirely quirkless until, like, last year, right? And people basically don't question it anymore and almost haven't at all from the beginning?

bakugou's the only person that knows that and he was questioning what happened until he learned the truth

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

People develop new techniques as the series goes on

Deku: I have completely misunderstood my Quirk my entire life.

*Forms multiple fists out of ethereal malice with a five meter range*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

as it turns out, these venom tentacles were what gave me super strength this whole time

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Shouldn’t that be a documented medical note, come to think of it?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
"LOOK MAN, PEOPLE JUST GAIN AND LOSE QUIRKS THESE DAYS."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LOCAL CHILD SO OBSESSED WITH ALL MIGHT THEY NEVER ACTUALLY FIGURED OUT HOW THEIR OWN QUIRK WORKED!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I mean, it did take him six months and an internship to realize that he had legs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, All Might had the quirk for decades and apparently didn't know poo poo about it, Deku having to figure this stuff out in less than a year isn't as bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't imagine it's entirely uncommon for people to be naturally late bloomers.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The Vigilantes guy also demonstrates that it's totally possible to have a quirk that's significantly broader than you were aware of.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku already crackles with energy whenever he uses his quirk, as long as the powerups just help him punch or kick better, I don't think it would be too hard to explain away.

Now if he got like, laser eyes or something, then he might be in trouble.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's just looking REALLY hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

This is the moment when Deku gets his Muscle Form, terrifying everyone around him (and also spilling the beans to all of UA)