Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GrandpaPants posted:

I like how they said that they would retire the Stan Lee bit for a bit, but made no such claim for the Bushes.

Just trying to regulate the dojos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The last movie I'm watching in 2018 is...............Venom! For the second time! lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
venom rules, that big sexy goo just wants to party

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Episode's out and it's 91 minutes long. I wouldn't say Venom belonged in We Love Movies month, because it's not even close to being an all-time classic or even one of the best movies of 2018, but I don't see how it belongs in the worst of 2018 either. It's actually a lot of fun!

I guess I'll find out soon though!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If the line is drawn at cheesy action like Venom I'm hoping The Commuter or The Hurricane Heist makes the cut. The Happytime Murders is a deserving pick and would be a great episode.

e:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holmes & Watson is more entertaining than both Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox combined, no lie
Agreed. More importantly it's not bad in ways worth mocking.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 1, 2019

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"doing the floss dance in the suicide forest"

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh no, they're doing Mile 22 next week :stare: I saw that in theaters to kill some time and that actually might have been the worst movie I saw in 2018, or one of the few at least. It was just a joyless slog from start to finish.

Also Jurassic World 2 is the Patreon bonus episode this month, so I might have to finally watch that. But maybe not, because the first one was an abortion. There's a reason why I didn't go see 2 in theaters.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Venom is by no means one of the worst movies of 2018 but it makes better episode fodder than most bad movies.

And to be fair that's literally exactly how they opened the episode. Eric flat out says right away he thought it was okay.

Also the hook to the Venom song is terrible but Eminem is really loving good at his job. It's much like the movie, seemingly.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Also Jurassic World 2 is the Patreon bonus episode this month, so I might have to finally watch that. But maybe not, because the first one was an abortion. There's a reason why I didn't go see 2 in theaters.

Okay that seals it, I'll finally have to back them. Regarding JW2, I'm in the camp of people who liked every JP movie, I liked JW a lot, but Fallen Kingdom is such a dumb pile of garbage that I can't even recommend it as a hatewatch. I feel sorry for the guys.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I’m pretty much the same age as the guys but had never heard of JibJab. I had to look it up and OH MY GOD this is some of the most unpleasant stuff I’ve ever seen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cael posted:

I’m pretty much the same age as the guys but had never heard of JibJab. I had to look it up and OH MY GOD this is some of the most unpleasant stuff I’ve ever seen.

How? They used to show the things on the goddammed national evening news

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Andrew's deflated sound made me laugh out loud! "Errrr, I don't knoooow...!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I finally upped to $8 with the announcement of the new show. Two questions:

I know ALMOST dick all about Star Trek. Will I still enjoy The Nexus? I'm guessing so.

Are the commentaries worth anything without syncing them? Has anyone tried that?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
The only Star Trek I've ever seen in my life are the new Abrams universe movies but the Nexus is great. They get raunchier on the patreon episodes and within the first handful of episodes they're reading slash fiction.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Are the commentaries worth anything without syncing them? Has anyone tried that?

A lot of the commentaries are based around what's happening on screen. In Rambo, they're remarking on the violence, in Sucker Punch, Andrew is losing it at how bad the movie is, and in Revenge of the Sith, Eric is constantly making note of how many CGI'd lamps are present. I imagine the Star Wars track would be easiest without the visuals, but seriously, there's so many lamps.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Man I could not get over Tom Hardys weird American accent in Venom. Let him have his normal one.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Elderbean posted:

Man I could not get over Tom Hardys weird American accent in Venom. Let him have his normal one.

Tom Hardy doesn't have a normal voice

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

General Dog posted:

Much like Gary Oldman.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And to be fair that's literally exactly how they opened the episode. Eric flat out says right away he thought it was okay.

Also the hook to the Venom song is terrible but Eminem is really loving good at his job. It's much like the movie, seemingly.

They end the episode the same way, basically it's not good, but it's fun. They wanted to talk about it so they picked it.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

General Dog posted:

True, which is why his accent in this was so distracting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Ben_Lombardo_/status/1080431381690277889

:allears:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Big Bob Pataki posted:

The only Star Trek I've ever seen in my life are the new Abrams universe movies but the Nexus is great. They get raunchier on the patreon episodes and within the first handful of episodes they're reading slash fiction.

related, man at least watch Wrath of Khan. That's a fantastic movie even if you only know the barest details of Trek

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Q-sRdV7SY

You're welcome. :)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scathing

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Big Bob Pataki posted:

yeah, the last 10 minutes of Nexus episode 8 is unfacetiously one of the best moments of the show's entire history. Eric's reading this Bones/Kirk slash fic and the other 3 dudes just start losing their poo poo. It's great.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
JW2 was the worst movie I saw all last year and it wasn’t even close. Top to bottom just loving awful. Colin Trevorrow is a hack writer and I’m glad he got kicked off Star Wars

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

painynumbs posted:

JW2 was the worst movie I saw all last year and it wasn’t even close. Top to bottom just loving awful. Colin Trevorrow is a hack writer and I’m glad he got kicked off Star Wars

I doubt he had much to do with JW2, but he is pretty bad

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

General Dog posted:

I doubt he had much to do with JW2, but he is pretty bad

He wrote it along with Derek Connolly. They're writing the third JW and Trevorrow is directing again.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I kind of liked Book of Henry

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Book of Henry is great. It's completely loving insane, but it's wildly entertaining in how baffling the whole thing is.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Book of Henry is great. It's completely loving insane, but it's wildly entertaining in how baffling the whole thing is.

I don’t think I saw any movie that year with more sexual tension than the scenes between the titular Henry (a 12 year old) and Sarah Silverman

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Yeah, that movie was something else. Honestly it would be a recommend if Naomi Watts went through with the assassination. It's just too weird though. It makes me shudder.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The whole precocious child thing is always awful.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
So as an idiot, how are folks playing their Patreon episodes on their phones? I can't seem to get them to play in my podcast app(Podcast Republic) and when I download them they're a file that closes anytime I close the phone or try to do something else.

I want to listen to a bunch of nerds talk about STAR WARS for way too long.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

On their patreon site should be an rss link, you should be able to import that into your player.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I was listening to the Venom episode while working out and I about dropped a bar on my face when I started laughing during bench.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, having not heard emenim's venom song before, does it actually sound like those old crazy frog commercials?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has dropped on Patreon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gyges posted:

So, having not heard emenim's venom song before, does it actually sound like those old crazy frog commercials?
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CdcCD5V-d8

clown shoes posted:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has dropped on Patreon.
This is gonna be painful and I'm here for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t wanna subscribe to their Patreon monthly but I kinda wanna plop down for a month to listen to their Patreon episodes, can I add the RSS feed and download the episodes I want to listen as I want right?