Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Medics have a complicated relationship with BFV

On one hand their guns are garbage their gadgets are garbage and their outfits are ugly

On the other hand every player has to wait at least 5 seconds before skipping the revive so you actually can drag pubbies kicking and screaming to victory more consistently

I've found the medic gadgets (namely smoke nades & smoke launcher) to be super useful in attack/defend gamemodes like Breakthrough to break a stalemate. Also popping a smoke on dying teammate in an exposed position can make all the difference in regards to whether you revive them without dying as well or not.

Agreed with the guns though, I can't stand SMG's and unlike BF1 there's no alternative. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Lfg psn waroduce

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Lfg psn waroduce

Got the invite but I was just finishing up for the night.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Just got the swedish reward gun, and the stats on it are garbage. I haven't seen many people running around with it, so is it actually good? I've finished playing for today, so I'll try it out Soon(tm), but just interested in hearing others.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

idk I still haven't unlocked it yet because 2 of my grand operations paths wont register and I adamantly refuse to play team deathmatch in a battlefield game

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

idk I still haven't unlocked it yet because 2 of my grand operations paths wont register and I adamantly refuse to play team deathmatch in a battlefield game

I had a round of grand ops that finished in a tie and the tiebreaker was a round of TDM with no respawns.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Recoome posted:

Just got the swedish reward gun, and the stats on it are garbage. I haven't seen many people running around with it, so is it actually good? I've finished playing for today, so I'll try it out Soon(tm), but just interested in hearing others.

I've been trying it out, it seems like it could be decent. It fires pretty fast and has an ok magazine for a repeater. Damage isn't great though, so you need to dump a few rounds into someone to stop them. I think I prefer it to the M4, but usually with assault I've been sticking to the ribeye. I haven't got many weapon unlocks yet for assault.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I see no reason to use the new assault weapon. It feels similar to the M1A1 but with with fewer rounds and a worse reload (until you get the detachable mag specialization). Assault has so many great weapons that it just doesnt feel all that useful. I would never choose it over the selbstlader 1916.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The AG/m is basically a middle ground between the M1A1 and the Turner.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I finally got it recorded just to confirm it wasn't happening when I was blinking.

There's a glitch where a tank won't show as available in the spawn menu even if you're sitting there staring at it, waiting for it to appear. It happened 4x in a row last night that I'd be waiting for a tank, only for it to never show as a spawn option and instead a brand new tank rolls out of the spawn point to quickly die from pubbiedriveritis.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I've had all the squad vehicles I've called in recently been taken by random pubbies, which is pretty annoying

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’d like the tank destroyer half track much more if the driver had a weapon. Could even be a machine gun if giving it the main gun is too much. Most people don’t want to sit in it anyway and seat swapping is a pain, plus the risk of some pubbie stealing it like you mention.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'll be on ps in about 30 or so

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’d like the tank destroyer half track much more if the driver had a weapon. Could even be a machine gun if giving it the main gun is too much. Most people don’t want to sit in it anyway and seat swapping is a pain, plus the risk of some pubbie stealing it like you mention.

It's a pretty rad truck though. Definitely something I could see being abused by a goon team.
Churchill gun carrier is pretty fun too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Just got this on PS4. Username is HkFalken and I'd love to get some of you on my friends list so we can be super best friends!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Falken posted:

Just got this on PS4. Username is HkFalken and I'd love to get some of you on my friends list so we can be super best friends!

I will be on around 8 est probably

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Waroduce posted:

I will be on around 8 est probably

Same

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Is there no grouping mechanism above a squad? Can't have two squads together ?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Is there no grouping mechanism above a squad? Can't have two squads together ?

Everyone on the team is in group chat iirc, regardless of how many and which squads they occupy.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Finger Prince posted:

Everyone on the team is in group chat iirc, regardless of how many and which squads they occupy.

Uh...

Wat

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

No? Did I make that up in my head? I thought I remembered that from BF1. Maybe I need to lay off/on the drugs.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Finger Prince posted:

No? Did I make that up in my head? I thought I remembered that from BF1. Maybe I need to lay off/on the drugs.

Squads cam talk to each other but that's it. We just get in a big party chat anyway and shout "behind you!"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WALLGOD posted:

Squads cam talk to each other but that's it. We just get in a big party chat anyway and shout "behind you!"

"Oh poo poo on your left there
gently caress I'm dead
Who's left?
No yours"

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Shoutout to the days of BF3 team chat. I remember someone playing X ‘Gon Give it to Ya one night to our whole team (Dehatsty or Gunshow?)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Shoutout to the days of BF3 team chat. I remember someone playing X ‘Gon Give it to Ya one night to our whole team (Dehatsty or Gunshow?)

if anyone was playing team soundtracks it was concrete rage who is back occasionally these days

yachtrock ambiance provider

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I did really like one of the mechanics of the commander role in BF4, which was that you could cycle through speaking to Squad leaders. Really loving dope.

I miss that

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Stupid question, what game mode is Airborne? The Fallschirmjägaer: joining the elite assignment calls for it.

E- also lol "hopeful trainees were volunteers and they had to complete six successful jumps to earn their place in this select unit".
What is an unsuccessful jump? *splat*

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 1, 2019

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Gunshow Poophole posted:

"Oh poo poo on your left there
gently caress I'm dead
Who's left?
No yours"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Stupid question, what game mode is Airborne? The Fallschirmjägaer: joining the elite assignment calls for it.

It’s the first round in Grand Operations

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
It begins. I only wish I didn't have to play so cautiously to post numbers. Vehicles are more fun than BF1 but still boring as poo poo to play.

Not sure which game this is from since I only just saw it, but I probably died 5 times total in the tank all night, and all I did was tank so I understand the rage.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Some great games of frontlines last night, including an epic struggle where we got pushed all the way back in Rotterdam, then pushed all the forward to finally take the win.

I don't know what's in Donkey's syringe but whatever it is is so potent it revived me twice (after a brief seizure the second time)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcAEI5jRJYk

Ignore the terrible aim, I can't shoot for poo poo half the time.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I suggest everyone play a few rounds of BF1 and remember how much of a better game it is than BFV.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RCarr posted:

I suggest everyone play a few rounds of BF1 and remember how much of a better game it is than BFV.

BF1 doesn’t feel worth playing to me after getting into BFV.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Finger Prince posted:

E- also lol "hopeful trainees were volunteers and they had to complete six successful jumps to earn their place in this select unit".
What is an unsuccessful jump? *splat*

The other two parts can only work on two of the maps where the sides line up. I shot down transports on the Rotterdam op.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'll be on again this evening maybe 8ish est

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RCarr posted:

Agreed, friend. Who can forget the horrible gunplay, poo poo maps, and boring vehicles of BF1? At least it introduced grand ops to the series, we can always remember it for that. Thankfully bf v has a big future ahead of it with even more maps, armies, weapons, vehicles, and game modes. Plus the devs are surprisingly responsive to community feedback. No need for us to remind ourselves how much worse bf one was because we all remember thats why we stopped playing it so soon compared to the rest he series. Luckily you can always just go back to BF1 by yourself instead of dropping in every few weeks to remind us why it’s bad.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

RCarr posted:

V even made the Ribeye better. No contest.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
with how spotting works and general movement like crouch running bf1 can gently caress right off.

2143 when?

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 1, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

For real though BF1 was my favorite Battlefield game. I loved just about everything about. BFV exposed the gently caress out of it though. It improved on everything and even the tiniest little tweaks changed the game for the better. Just the base movement and gunplay feels so much more satisfying and good riddance spotting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Had some fun games yesterday, fallen in love with the Gewher 43. That thing just knocks people down so easy.

Also, I love how so many people are creating their own misery due to the fact that women, or "femoids" as the incel community likes to refer to them are in the game. "WHATS NEXT?! TRANSGENDER BLACK PEOPLE?!".