Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It is never not time to post glamour shots. It is like, the one thing that is inoffensive to all parties involved.

Only rule is to not repost the same poo poo over and over. Either get some new material, or let people forget the old poo poo so it's new again when you bust it back out. =P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of the tanks edging others out right now? I played all three pre HW and don't really have a preference from what I remember.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Play whatever appeals to you the most on any level, my dude.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 1, 2019

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I only have one glamour since I've only been back and on a new server for like a month, but I'm happy with my fancy RDM!

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

Any of the tanks edging others out right now? I played all three pre HW and don't really have a preference from what I remember.

DRK

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It is never not time to post glamour shots. It is like, the one thing that is inoffensive to all parties involved.

I hate glamour shots and I have no idea why people think mmo selfies are cool when real life selfies are weak poo poo. MMO selfies are weak squared.

Selfie culture is my old man yells at cloud moment.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

I hate glamour shots and I have no idea why people think mmo selfies are cool when real life selfies are weak poo poo. MMO selfies are weak squared.

you seem like a cool, stand up guy.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

Any of the tanks edging others out right now?
subtle :hmmyes:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Play whatever appeals to you the most on any level, my dude.

DRK is pretty fun but Dark Arts just kind of feels like busywork in its current incarnation and also forces a lot of double-weaving oGCDs at points, which is never fun thanks to ping.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i came here to complain that i'm an idiot-- that i got a 2-line wondrous tails that i was saving to turn in on reset so i could get more genesis tomes but it turns out the book expired today

but then this post happened

Failboattootoot posted:

and :thunk:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Happy 2019 from Balmung!

Failboattootoot posted:

lol

FetchingToaster
Jan 2, 2015

Better get ready to send me back to weenie hut junior's, because here comes a glamour shot.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

FetchingToaster posted:

Better get ready to send me back to weenie hut junior's

Based on that glam I would have guessed you were done having to go to the waking sands by now.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

My archer is confused by people who hate fun.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Glams, you say?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Failboattootoot posted:

oh, neat!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It is never not time to post glamour shots.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

My problem with selfie culture is that it's a constant reminder I have no style.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I'm pretty sure Yoshida has said we're going to see a number of class reworks with 5.0. DRK is at the very top of the list for certain.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

I'm pretty sure Yoshida has said we're going to see a number of class reworks with 5.0. DRK is at the very top of the list for certain.

Whm, drk and mch are all for sure getting serious reworks, and there's a reasonable implication monk is as well. We know something is being done with role actions but no real idea what. We also know that piercing resist down and the like are also all being changed. Every job will be pruned a little bit to make room for new abilities and they are also going to do passovers on every job for when they get skills to make the low levels better.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I would be pretty surprised if DRK, WHM and MCH at the very least don't get redesigned at least somewhat in Shadowbringers, since those are the least popular classes in each role.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The tanks and healers are definitely going to become more homogeneous if they're adding a fourth one. The tanks are currently the most balanced they've ever been (probably) and one of them is still considered not good.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Glams, you say?

What top is this?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Personally while changing things always sounds kinda spooky, I am all in on pruning some skills out of my set. Take Ten Chi Jin away and throw it into the trash.

What's wrong with WHM?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Failboattootoot posted:

Glamour shots are good and selfies are good and looking good is good and feeling good about looking good is good! :justpost:

Also self portraits are way older than you are unless you're older than art.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Glamour shots are good and selfies are good and looking good is good and feeling good about looking good is good! :justpost:

Yeah!

quote:

Also self portraits are way older than you are unless you're older than art.

Even Parmigianino got in on the act!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Nice, what chest is that?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

Personally while changing things always sounds kinda spooky, I am all in on pruning some skills out of my set. Take Ten Chi Jin away and throw it into the trash.

What's wrong with WHM?

No shields means you can't save anyone from their mistakes, so everyone has to be perfect. Lilies and plenary indulgence are useless. Also they do less raid damage than the other two healers despite not having any utility.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Mango Polo posted:

Nice, what chest is that?

The Ala Mhigan Gown-- it's a 2-star Weaver piece from a few patches ago. I love it because the coat part is long and flowy, a nice alternative to the Fuga Haori if like me you don't like the bare midriff look on lalafells.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Failboattootoot posted:

Whm, drk and mch are all for sure getting serious reworks, and there's a reasonable implication monk is as well. We know something is being done with role actions but no real idea what. We also know that piercing resist down and the like are also all being changed. Every job will be pruned a little bit to make room for new abilities and they are also going to do passovers on every job for when they get skills to make the low levels better.

Prune all the Umbral Ice spells from BLM, quadruple its MP, and put in a channeled spell called Blizzard V that restores all your MP over a 4 second period and grants you Umbral Hearts.

Also, put in a second Aethetial Manipulation that just slides you forward 20 yalms and look just make BLM even more like arcane mage thanks.

Also get rid of Jolt and just make Impact the filler for RDM.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

What's wrong with WHM?

It fills a niche that is generally unwanted most of the time. Whm healing throughput is the best but it provides overall less dps than sch or ast so once you've got content on farm, whm just isn't adding much. Also, and more broadly maligned, the lily's are probably the actual worst gauge in the game. You get lily's from casting cure 1 and 2, but casting cure 1 and cure 2 are your last resorts assuming you are playing optimally. The benefit of lilys being a cooldown reduction on some skills, which is pretty meh. Holy still dumpsters dungeons but that typically isn't people's balance concern.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 1, 2019

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

What's wrong with WHM?

WHM is fine, but AST has been massively buffed with the last few patches between the Malefic and Collective Unconscious buffs so it's kind of a situation where AST is better in literally everyway. Plus Lillies are a pretty unpopular mechanic.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Failboattootoot posted:

Whm healing throughput is the best but it provides overall less dps than sch or ast

The rest of that is right, but I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

Though the DPS gain WHM has is so marginal that it doesn't really matter... (Stone IV only has a 20 potency advantage over Broil II and 30 over Malefic III, for god's sake.)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Though the DPS gain WHM has is so marginal that it doesn't really matter... (Stone IV only has a 20 potency advantage over Broil II and 30 over Malefic III, for god's sake.)

I think they meant raid DPS-- cards and chain stratagem and such.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Failboattootoot posted:

It fills a niche that is generally unwanted most of the time. Whm healing throughput is the best but it provides overall less dps than sch or ast so once you've got content on farm, whm just isn't adding much. Also, and more broadly maligned, the lily's are probably the actual worst gauge in the game. You get lily's from casting cure 1 and 2, but casting cure 1 and cure 2 are your last resorts assuming you are playing optimally. The benefit of lilys being a cooldown reduction on some skills, which is pretty meh. Holy still dumpsters dungeons but that typically isn't people's balance concern.

Honestly I kind of loathe that aspect of healing. By all means, I do enjoy the whole careful balance aspect of "how many stones can I squeeze in before I have to heal a dude," but I feel like we've got a mix of too many and too strong ogcds. It feels really weird that instead of it being a question of "should I use one of my powerful but on a cooldown heal buttons or just conserve them for now" it's "actually the spells with no cooldown at all are the last resort ones." Especially in easier content like dungeons.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Cabbit posted:

I think they meant raid DPS-- cards and chain stratagem and such.

Oh, yeah, good point. No contest on that front.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Also if we're just going to post our shadowbringers wishlist for jobs then I think Sam is basically perfect at 70 so for the trip to 80 I don't want them to add any new skills, but there are traits that I definitely want.

1. By level 15 I want sam to have the 3 hit gekko combo, Fuga, the kenki gauge, Shinten, and Kenki Mastery 1 and 2 should be baseline. This way when I want to run ldr, I don't just do it on rdm every time because low level sam sucks but low level rdm is broken as all hell.

2. Fix Enpi so it doesn't break combos. The Gyoten > Enpi combo is incredibly fun but it's so suboptimal and that is boring.

3. A trait where Hagakure doesn't burn the sen anymore. I feel like giant midare's are the big time class fantasy of this goofy job but you do 1 or 2 per hagakure cycle.

4, Trait: Midare always crits and direct hits. :getin:

5. A trait where Seigan still does damage but it also doubles your skill speed for 2 gcd's. I think this does as reasonable a job as can be done using mmo mechanics to represent that whole super fast parry counterattack trope. It's also fun to push more buttons and it gives you sen and kenki faster and it would probably make attack animations clip ridiculously. It's all upside.

If I had to add skills, the only one I kinda want is a cd that puts up the 2 buffs and maybe applies slashing down to everything in range. That would help a lot with evening out dungeon trash damage and would make invuln phases less tedious.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ragnar Homsar posted:

WHM has lower personal DPS than both SCH and AST in every savage fight this tier, before even factoring in cards and Chain. Unlike, AST (who can single weave between Malefics and has Lightspeed) and SCH (who can use Miasma 2 for weaving and needs fewer GCD heals) WHM has to clip a lot more frequently to use OGCDs and that adds up even if Stone 4 has higher potency than the standard nuke on other healers.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

3. A trait where Hagakure doesn't burn the sen anymore. I feel like giant midare's are the big time class fantasy of this goofy job but you do 1 or 2 per hagakure cycle.
This would take an already pretty simple class and make it even simpler. No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
WHM is probably the best choice for most groups because it's easier to play, which is more important than being theoretically optimal.