Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
After pounding my skull against a variety of solutions for emulating it and coming up with nothing that I liked the performance or look of, I decided to pull the trigger on Valkyrie Profile on Android. It was on sale, so why not?

Bought it, tested it on my phone, then exported and sideloaded it onto my Bravia TV and it works pretty well with a BT controller. It has an insane decision to have most of the menus be touch-only, but having to swap to a keyboard with a touchpad occasionally isn't the worst thing ever.

Did the same with Final Fantasy Tactics, but haven't had a chance to try that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

B33rChiller posted:

Sorry about that, they're all taken now. I was getting silence here, so I threw thwm up on reddit. I got the links by hitting send, then one of the options in my share screen is copy to clipboard.

If you happen to get 3 more PM me or post them in here. I have to "receive 3 now" I posted my 4 in the reddit thread but they seem to get taken too quick there for me to snag 3 of them myself.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Trastion posted:

If you happen to get 3 more PM me or post them in here. I have to "receive 3 now" I posted my 4 in the reddit thread but they seem to get taken too quick there for me to snag 3 of them myself.

crazy bit is you are actually limited to how many you can send out. Might have to keep a lookout in the reddit gift thread for people asking to trade, and pm them. That's how I got my 3 received. I'd suggest stopping making gifts after you get your 3 in trade, since the candy canes are needed to craft the next sets of items for the quests.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Golf Club Wasteland is a 2D golf game set on a post apocalyptic Earth that's now out for Android.

In case you missed it, Rome: Total War also hit Android a few days ago.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Are there any goons playing Chain Strike? A guide suggested to join a guild as soon as possible to get currency. I've only played the game for a day but it's pretty chill with auto battle and such. Perfect for playing during downtime.

Also I've been following this guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lX2x5omsLhRnhnxuiwvxjR9zfs5h7Vll/view

which seems great if you want to get started as fast as possible. It's very concise and the author who posted this on Reddit seems to know his stuff.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 27, 2018

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

2K games on sale for a few days:
[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=igM4ChkKEzY2ODE2MDY5MjQ1NTYyNzM1NjAQCBgDEhkKEzY2ODE2MDY5MjQ1NTYyNzM1NjAQCBgDGAA%3D:s:ANO1ljLSX8k&gsr=CjuKAzgKGQoTNjY4MTYwNjkyNDU1NjI3MzU2MBAIGAMSGQoTNjY4MTYwNjkyNDU1NjI3MzU2MBAIGAMYAA%3D%3D:s:ANO1ljI9oRM[/url]

I picked up Civ Rev 2 and am sorely tempted to pick up XCOM which is supposed to be an excellent port. Both games are <3$

Team17 games are on sale too if you wanted to pick up some Worms games for <3$:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Team+17+Digital+Limited&hl=en

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

2K games on sale for a few days:
[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=igM4ChkKEzY2ODE2MDY5MjQ1NTYyNzM1NjAQCBgDEhkKEzY2ODE2MDY5MjQ1NTYyNzM1NjAQCBgDGAA%3D:s:ANO1ljLSX8k&gsr=CjuKAzgKGQoTNjY4MTYwNjkyNDU1NjI3MzU2MBAIGAMSGQoTNjY4MTYwNjkyNDU1NjI3MzU2MBAIGAMYAA%3D%3D:s:ANO1ljI9oRM[/url]

I picked up Civ Rev 2 and am sorely tempted to pick up XCOM which is supposed to be an excellent port. Both games are <3$

Team17 games are on sale too if you wanted to pick up some Worms games for <3$:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Team+17+Digital+Limited&hl=en

I picked up xcom at full price a long time ago, and it was extremely worth it. One of the few games I still consistently go back to.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Neverwinter Nights is on sale for $1.99 (Down from $9.99)

Sir Questionnaire is down to $.99(Down from $2.49)

Siege of Dragonspear is down to $.99(Down from $9.99)

Shooting Stars is down to $.99(Down from $1.99)

Just going down through my Wishlist and picking up all the on sale deals today. $5 for some great looking games is pretty good I think..

Also King of Dragon Pass is pretty awesome so if you missed it on sale, get it on the next for sure.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How is Worms 2: Armageddon on phones? Am I setting myself up to be disappointed?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

vulturesrow posted:

Is there a C&C Rivals thread and/or discord?
There is a clan (it's the only one with the word Respect in its name if you do a search) and I've also noticed another clan called Goonswarm, which I assume is from here but the players may originate from another game as I've never seen it mentioned.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Montalvo posted:

I recently rediscovered Dungeon Warfare thanks to this thread.

I am absolutely rear end at it. Are there any good builds people gravitate towards? I only just got to the level where I can unlock the bolt launcher.

Thanks for mentioning this. Been playing for hours today and loving it!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

EdEddnEddy posted:

This looks kind of fun. Is there any sort of overarching progression between runs, of is it just sort of a score run with a fresh character every time? Is there an end to it?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

EdEddnEddy posted:

Neverwinter Nights is on sale for $1.99 (Down from $9.99)

Siege of Dragonspear is down to $.99(Down from $9.99)

Shooting Stars is down to $.99(Down from $1.99)

Just going down through my Wishlist and picking up all the on sale deals today. $5 for some great looking games is pretty good I think..

Also King of Dragon Pass is pretty awesome so if you missed it on sale, get it on the next for sure.

Thanks. Sir Questionnaire seems really fun so far.. I've never heard of it.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back to this thread and resisting unbookmarking it, despite the fact that 99.9% of the posts are loving gacha trash.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Morpheus posted:

This looks kind of fun. Is there any sort of overarching progression between runs, of is it just sort of a score run with a fresh character every time? Is there an end to it?

There's unlockable characters that start with slightly different stats, but otherwise progression between runs is limited to a quest system, where succeeding in the objective allows you to store "backpacks" of items that give you additional starting equipment.

Otherwise, the game has a technical end involving crowns and thrones and there is a final boss, but I haven't encountered him in the gameplay proper. I killed him a few times when a transmutation potion spawned him randomly, which does count as a "win" and trips the flag for his unlock, although I still have no idea where he actually is in the game itself. I'm assuming he shows up after the crowns and thrones stuff happens, but that's just guesswork on my part.

Game is fun though. It's very much about learning what specific role each item does and using it in that fashion. I think it feels like if you turned megaman into an 8bit rpg, basically.

An early access sort of thing just popped up for a game called Card Crusade that I've liked what I've played of so far. It's a deckbuilder roguelike that's focused on card-based combat. It's a little lacking in polish, but it's definitely a nice base for a game that could be improved upon. Multiple classes and a nice variety of cards already in place, so there's a bunch of builds and angles to explore. Give it a try if you dig the genre for sure.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Also for Sir Questionnaire, there will be a popup from the Dev (I think it's just 1 guy), who ask if you want to join his Mailing list. I did for the heck of it since he asked nicely, and in the first few he sends is a little about himself, then a few hits on how to unlock the Voodoo character right off the bat so I feel it was worth it lol. No ad's and I like seeing what these indie devs have to say.

(Hint, tap the Fireplace at the start screen 10 times...)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Flayer posted:

There is a clan (it's the only one with the word Respect in its name if you do a search) and I've also noticed another clan called Goonswarm, which I assume is from here but the players may originate from another game as I've never seen it mentioned.

Thanks the Goonswarm one had one person in it and I can't find the other.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I'm the GM of We shall have RESPECT in c&c rivals. I just went through and cleaned out 14 day inactives, we have 11 spots open. If you search for the name it should come up.

If you got kicked and shouldn't have I apologize for your match history not loading and will get you back in.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Any decent pinball games around or should I just suck it up and grab some zen tables?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sleekly posted:

Any decent pinball games around or should I just suck it up and grab some zen tables?

I think Pinball Arcade is one of the better ones. Tables are expensive, though, and I think they might have had to remove many good ones after their license contracts ran out or some poo poo.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

BoldFace posted:

I think Pinball Arcade is one of the better ones. Tables are expensive, though, and I think they might have had to remove many good ones after their license contracts ran out or some poo poo.

sweet man thanks

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

How strict are those 7-inch recommendations for NWN/SoD? I'm not used to having to see if my pocket playtoys are big enough and this one's an inch short for what they recommend.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sighence posted:

How strict are those 7-inch recommendations for NWN/SoD? I'm not used to having to see if my pocket playtoys are big enough and this one's an inch short for what they recommend.

I haven't played much, but NWN seemed ok on my LG V20 which is listed at 5.7 inches. The IE games would probably be harder to deal with but I haven't tried it.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Sighence posted:

I've played a few hours of it on my 5.8" screen and looting items and using the radial menu is pretty annoying, lots of misclicks. Similar experience to trying to play BG2. The text is scalable though and everything works, I guess it's just up to you to decide how much you want to put up with. It DOES include the two expansion sets though which is good because vanilla NWN is really bland.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How is Siralim 3? I enjoyed, and just reinstalled, 2 quite a bit. Is there enough quality of life changes to make it worthwhile?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How is Siralim 3? I enjoyed, and just reinstalled, 2 quite a bit. Is there enough quality of life changes to make it worthwhile?

The macro system is great, and you move twice as fast

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Better QoL in some ways, and the balance is a lot better. You're a lot less likely to cheese and oneshot battles and breeding is only for zero-sum stat adjustments rather than a means of progression.

On the other hand a lot is stripped out like rituals and castle upgrades so it feels a little emptier. More of an actual story, though!

It's good, but it doesn't iterate as much as the last entry. It's more of a distillation of the first two games with a much tighter balance.

It's in a weird place for me because it feels like a better game but I miss the mechanics that were stripped out.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Bought rebuild 3 on sale and im honestly enjoying the poo poo out of it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
What the, I had no idea someone ported classic Spelunky to Android!

https://yancharkin.itch.io/spelunky-classic-hd

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Quick question about emulators for those who use them. Do you guys tend to prefer Bluestacks or Nox? I've used Bluestacks for a long time, but later updates will randomly eat my inputs because of their stupid loving "Bluestacks World" poo poo at least once every 10 minutes for about an hour each day. It's infuriating and I'm thinking of just moving to Nox over it. It's not a problem in most games, but I've lost a lot of runs in Cookie Run to this problem.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Has anyone played "Into the Void" (Play Store link)? It's sort of a 4x-lite and I've been having some idle fun with it on commutes to work, but now I'm in act 3 and having some trouble with fleet composition.

Wondering if others have progressed past where I am and can offer me some tips on how to properly set up a fleet. Tried searching for guides and stuff but it doesn't seem that popular, and the Steam discussions for the PC-port is dead.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Poultron posted:

Quick question about emulators for those who use them. Do you guys tend to prefer Bluestacks or Nox? I've used Bluestacks for a long time, but later updates will randomly eat my inputs because of their stupid loving "Bluestacks World" poo poo at least once every 10 minutes for about an hour each day. It's infuriating and I'm thinking of just moving to Nox over it. It's not a problem in most games, but I've lost a lot of runs in Cookie Run to this problem.

Nox or LDPlayer. Used Nox for a year with no problems, moved onto LDPlayer because a couple of games I wanted to play had to be in rendering modes incompatible with each other and LDPlayer sorts that out automatically.

I'm not sure how anyone uses Bluestacks these days. It's loving trash that looks more like a store with an emulator attached rather than the other way around.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Poultron posted:

I use Memu, is free and runs everything i throw at it.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Estel posted:

I use Memu, is free and runs everything i throw at it.

Are you aware that they have admitted to including a cryptominer in the emulator in the past?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is there like a real top of the line Idle RPG? I like being able to play for a few minutes, then stop for awhile, come back and see a bunch of numbers go up and get new gear or monsters or whatever.

I played Almost A Hero for a good while but that was way too much clicking. I played SimCity Buildit for a bit but it got too complicated the further you went. Idle Apocalypse was fun for awhile too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is there like a real top of the line Idle RPG? I like being able to play for a few minutes, then stop for awhile, come back and see a bunch of numbers go up and get new gear or monsters or whatever.

I played Almost A Hero for a good while but that was way too much clicking. I played SimCity Buildit for a bit but it got too complicated the further you went. Idle Apocalypse was fun for awhile too.

AFAIK, no, there isn't*, because developers/players can't differentiate between an idler and a clicker. They make nothing but clickers/clickers with minor idle components, call them idlers, and we get no real idle games.

*Except Progress Quest, but it hasn't been updated since 2014, so who knows how it fares on modern phones? Word is, it stops when it's closed. If so, then even this isn't an idler.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Has anyone played "Into the Void" (Play Store link)? It's sort of a 4x-lite and I've been having some idle fun with it on commutes to work, but now I'm in act 3 and having some trouble with fleet composition.

Wondering if others have progressed past where I am and can offer me some tips on how to properly set up a fleet. Tried searching for guides and stuff but it doesn't seem that popular, and the Steam discussions for the PC-port is dead.

I know I didn't get a response to this before, but just in case anybody plays this, turns out you need an unintuitive fleet composition to get past one act 3 mission that is tough.

Build 5 annihilator rocketships (+one support carrier w/ evasion and accuracy), kit em out with 3 x V Thor Rockets, 1 x IV Viper Rocket, plus V Shield MK3, V Ion Engine, IV Anti Grav, III Hull Plates MK3, and you just target systems of the tanks before blasting the hull.

Only way I've figured out how to get past the big act 3 fight, is completely unintuitive, and a ridiculous difficulty climb. Took me like 6 hours of trial and error what am I doing with my life...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Borrowed Ladder posted:

There used to be some really good idle and semi-idle RPGs, (like where you select choices for the AI to make and actually manage equipment between delves) but they were all in japanese and once people discovered that A Dark Room was a great game to rip off pretty much those supplanted the Idle RPG style games. And none of them seem to be half as good as A Dark Room or even Candybox.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
Has anybody suggested Tiny Tower Defense by R.O.app? Free (no IAPs), side-scrolling tower offense & defense game using knights/wizards/monks/etc. Fun game to waste several hours on.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.game.app.ro.GotyaWars&hl=en_US

GBS Ambassador fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 5, 2019

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Realm Grinder has a bunch of really neat interactive systems and side achievements... but it's really designed to idle on a pc, not a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Tap Wizard was alright for awhile, you can play around with collecting and leveling different spells of which you can equip 5 of them at different cast intervals. Obviously trailing makes the treadmill faster but you can just watch your wizard blow away hundreds of orcs without tapping